Overheard at the LSAT

JazzOne

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby JazzOne » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm

apom wrote:So many losers at my test center I couldn't even believe it

1: foreign greaser asking "who got 170" to people. This guy needs to chill out and start dressing better.
2: Girl clearly lying about how well she can do games. "I finish games with 10 minutes to go" lol no you don't

If this is any representation of what law school is like then I'd rather not even be in the same room as these people. I did meet a few chill people (who sadly not will probably not make it) but a lot of the people there were such douches. No wonder people look at me with contempt when I say I want to study law.

You could be right that the girl is a douche. But it's really not that odd for someone who's good at games to finish early, and having 10 minutes to spare is definitely doable.
Last edited by JazzOne on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 pm

or that girl can do one game or 2 of them and have ten minutes left?

Longhorn88

Postby Longhorn88 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:36 pm

apom wrote:So many losers at my test center I couldn't even believe it

1: foreign greaser asking "who got 170" to people. This guy needs to chill out and start dressing better.
2: Girl clearly lying about how well she can do games. "I finish games with 10 minutes to go" lol no you don't

If this is any representation of what law school is like then I'd rather not even be in the same room as these people. I did meet a few chill people (who sadly not will probably not make it) but a lot of the people there were such douches. No wonder people look at me with contempt when I say I want to study law.

Either the LSAT test taker is a 'chill' person who will not make it, or a douche, but not both.

Which does that make you?

Lasker

Postby Lasker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Not hilarious unfortunately:

Two people turned away from my test center (Columbia). I wasn't sure of the reason for one of them, I think she tried to use a student ID or something. She tried and failed to go through the line again, thinking maybe a different proctor would let her through. I guess that was a little funny.

Another showed her cell phone to the proctor when signing in and said something like " I'm sorry I brought my phone, what can I do with it?" whereupon the proctor said "Why did you have to show me that?" and dismissed her. That seemed unnecessarily harsh to me. Obviously many others had phones that they just left in their bags. I felt bad for the phone girl. She was pretty surprised but was amazingly cool about it.
Last edited by Lasker on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apom

Postby apom » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:39 pm

I got the feeling that she was lying about it. I seen her scrambling at the very end but she could have been writing a different section. I'd put good money on her not being able to finish 4 games in 25 minutes. She was just trying to bring the people around her down.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Also, I had to take a cab to my test center. The cab driver proceeded to tell the most messed up story about how he used to be in bioengineering and was practically thrown out onto the street after a massive lawsuit. "Harvard graduate... now look at me!" :shock: Did not need coffee after that.

Lasker

Postby Lasker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:49 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Also, I had to take a cab to my test center. The cab driver proceeded to tell the most messed up story about how he used to be in bioengineering and was practically thrown out onto the street after a massive lawsuit. "Harvard graduate... now look at me!" :shock: Did not need coffee after that.

Man you are a magnet for funny stuff. I totally thought of your cartoon every time I eliminated all five choices today.

Longhorn88

Postby Longhorn88 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:00 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Also, I had to take a cab to my test center. The cab driver proceeded to tell the most messed up story about how he used to be in bioengineering and was practically thrown out onto the street after a massive lawsuit. "Harvard graduate... now look at me!" :shock: Did not need coffee after that.

Take a guess at who got paid.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Longhorn88 wrote:

Take a guess at who got paid.

The cabbie after the ride?

ilove_toshop

Postby ilove_toshop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:34 pm

The proctors asked a girl to stay at the end of the test when she let the rest of us leave.....and were staring at her during the entire writing section. She was two seats in front of me so it was just awkward.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:41 pm

along the lines of weird things to wear to the testing center:

I wore a big, bright pink, sparkly barrette with a 3D, wings included, butterfly clip on the top of my head when I took the LSAT, so everyone probably thought i had a major problem.
I jokingly asked my 1.5 year old niece, who could barely talk, what I should wear for good luck to the LSAT, and she proceeded to run over to her room, pick up this barrette and very pointedly hand it to me... so I HAD to wear it lol

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Is it just me or are the majority of the proctors egotistical women with control issues?

I'm so over it.

The head proctor at my testing site: "We're bored. So the funnest part of our job is kicking you guys out if you do something wrong! *Chuckles obnoxiously* "

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh hahahaha also, you know the part where you have to write the statement in cursive, then sign your name....

Well..... 2 minutes into that part, this girl blurts out:

"I DON'T KNOW CURSIVE"

....It kept everything in me not to burst out laughing. The proctor then proceeds to tell her to just print it.

I was also amazed at how many people didn't bring wrist watches or some sort of timer.... Well you can tell the serious ones from the rest....Smh...

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:you know the part where you have to write the statement in cursive

:shock:

FUCK!

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:20 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:you know the part where you have to write the statement in cursive

FUCK!

+1

Uh-oh.

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:21 pm

kulshan wrote:Ummm, yeah, that was supposed to be in cursive?

FFFUUUUUUUU

I've taken the LSAT 3 times now. Leave it to me to screw up something like this.

Though I remember writing in cursive the first time, not the second time, and definitely not the third time.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Yeah I didn't do that either. This was my second LSAT so I knew. But part of me went into the test just not caring about it too much. I doubt that's going to hurt my score though.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:25 pm

I was going to ask the proctor, but didn't because it sounded stupid. Who the hell uses cursive anymore?

Will this really delay/affect our scores?

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:26 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I was going to ask the proctor, but didn't because it sounded stupid. Who the hell uses cursive anymore?

Will this really delay/affect our scores?

I certainly hope not. My proctor never even made it clear. Just said "write it verbatim."

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:27 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:

FUCK!

:? ........... :shock: ............... :lol: ......................... :roll: ...........I know I wrote in cursive.... 8)

These were seriously my emotions when I read that....

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:

FUCK!

:? ........... :shock: ............... :lol: ......................... :roll: ...........I know I wrote in cursive.... 8)

Third-timer here. Don't remember writing in cursive the second time. Definitely the first time though. I'll contact them. The proctor screwed up something else anyway. LOL at me. I already shared it in the lounge.

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:

FUCK!

lol, I was literally the last person in the room of about 40 people to finish that thing. all that damn cursive tired out my hand as well.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 pm

posting here bc I saw this and wanted some lsat nostalgia....sigh. the good old days :)

good luck to everyone that tested today. if you do well, congrats! if you dont, then just know..law school sucks and youre not missing anything :lol:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”