Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
joebloe

Bronze

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by joebloe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm

SFnative wrote:call me an idiot, but I had the biggest grin writing "WANG" every time....

The funniest thing I heard was "excuse me, my test booklet smells, can I get a new one?" every body loled, at her. not with her....
I kept wanting to write Wong and 王 instead of Wang.

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:52 pm

I called him Xiao Wang. On another note:
joebloe wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:One of the proctors told me during the writing section to just cross out instead of erase. I hadn't erased or crossed out a thing :shock: I was like.... ok thanks? This is my 3rd lsat buddy :roll:
Is that for real? When they came out with that instruction, I was pissed off since I'd been allowing myself erasures during practice, and was used to doing a LOT of them. Pretty bad handwriting plus tendonitis. So my essay is short (2 paragraphs, maybe 20 lines) but not illegible.
You practiced?

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:55 pm

chip3341 wrote:I called him Xiao Wang. On another note:
joebloe wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:One of the proctors told me during the writing section to just cross out instead of erase. I hadn't erased or crossed out a thing :shock: I was like.... ok thanks? This is my 3rd lsat buddy :roll:
Is that for real? When they came out with that instruction, I was pissed off since I'd been allowing myself erasures during practice, and was used to doing a LOT of them. Pretty bad handwriting plus tendonitis. So my essay is short (2 paragraphs, maybe 20 lines) but not illegible.
You practiced?
I wanted to make sure I had enough time to properly articulate something and not get cut off, especially given I knew my wrist was going to give me problems. In retrospect, I should've asked for a typewriter. Or just bought one of mine and seen what happened.

brobrah

New

Post by brobrah » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:25 am

One of my poli sci professors was taking the test at my center. I was like lolwtfudoinhere "oh tired of teaching ignorant students stuff they don't care about" can't figure out if he was hinting about me or not...ha ha

guy probably did a 180 no sweat tho

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:35 am

Talked to someone who took a 12 week 10k Kaplan course and was shooting for a 160

win bro

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 am

could be a fake but my friend (who lies a lot) who just took it in So-cal, texted me this:

him: "dude, i had the dumbest bitch next to me"

me: "why?"

him: "he raised his hand in the middle of the of S1, and told the proctor, "I think I have the wrong test, my section is different than his"... I just shook my head

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 am

mths wrote:Talked to someone who took a 12 week 10k Kaplan course and was shooting for a 160

win bro
Please tell me you mean 1K and not 10.

Pink

Bronze

Post by Pink » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:38 am

Right before the LSAT I was sitting with a couple of people from my test prep class.

Girl 1: I don't know why I'm taking this, I already signed up for the September/October test.
Me: (trying to be supportive) Oh, I'm sure you'll do great!
Girl 1: Well, I've improved 13 points but I'm not anywhere near where I need to be, I'm so mad.
Me: That's a great improvement! What are you scoring now? You'll be fine
Girl 1: Well my highest was 138.
Me: :shock: ...long pause...I'm sure you'll do great!

I felt so bad for her. Her strategy was to answer 1/2 the questions and guess on the rest, because she couldn't read fast enough to get through all the questions.

During the LSAT:

Douchebaggy guy right behind me kept writing after the sections were over. Every time the proctor told him to stop or they were taking his test, he got all up in arms and HARUMPHED really loud and slammed his papers down. I should have stabbed him with my pencil.

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:41 am

Tullstone wrote:Me: Wow that 3rd games was really difficult right?
Guy: Yeah... I just left the answers blank. Better than getting them wrong!!
Me:Oh shit.
hahahahahahah, omg, yes!, yes!, yes!... this seriously just made my night, who cares if I bombed my test, I can sleep better b/c of this...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 am

Pink wrote:Right before the LSAT I was sitting with a couple of people from my test prep class.

Girl 1: I don't know why I'm taking this, I already signed up for the September/October test.
Me: (trying to be supportive) Oh, I'm sure you'll do great!
Girl 1: Well, I've improved 13 points but I'm not anywhere near where I need to be, I'm so mad.
Me: That's a great improvement! What are you scoring now? You'll be fine
Girl 1: Well my highest was 138.
Me: :shock: ...long pause...I'm sure you'll do great!

I felt so bad for her. Her strategy was to answer 1/2 the questions and guess on the rest, because she couldn't read fast enough to get through all the questions.

During the LSAT:

Douchebaggy guy right behind me kept writing after the sections were over. Every time the proctor told him to stop or they were taking his test, he got all up in arms and HARUMPHED really loud and slammed his papers down. I should have stabbed him with my pencil.
Luckily, I managed to avoid the colorful individuals from my prep class. There was one guy who looked 15, talked a lot of shit, was amazed at someone getting a 163 on a PT (because it was so high), and himself got up and walked out during an in-class practice consisting of the Oct 09 test.

Our start got delayed slightly (~2 min) by one dope who had signed in but gone to the wrong room. One of the proctors had to go fetch him.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Re: .

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:47 am

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:50 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
akili wrote:
mths wrote:Talked to someone who took a 12 week 10k Kaplan course and was shooting for a 160

win bro
It could be the super Kaplan prep where you pay to take the courses at a school and stay in the dormitories (summer only).
Yep, it's like 10 or 11k and you stay at BU or BC.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 am

joebloe wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
akili wrote:

win bro
It could be the super Kaplan prep where you pay to take the courses at a school and stay in the dormitories (summer only).
Yep, it's like 10 or 11k and you stay at BU or BC.
Jesus, that is a lot of money.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 am

SFnative wrote:
Tullstone wrote:Me: Wow that 3rd games was really difficult right?
Guy: Yeah... I just left the answers blank. Better than getting them wrong!!
Me:Oh shit.
hahahahahahah, omg, yes!, yes!, yes!... this seriously just made my night, who cares if I bombed my test, I can sleep better b/c of this...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea seriously, prob the most amusing thing I've hear on here. Thanks for making my WEEK :mrgreen:

DukeCornell

Bronze

Post by DukeCornell » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:What's kind of screwed up is that they split the class into two groups after the first diagnostic, depending on your score. The people who score higher are instructed to do more work and are taught more methods to keep reaching, while the people who score lower never learn any of these things. 'You scored here and you're going to stay here.' I found this out and angrily stormed to the nearest bookstore to begin my own study routine.
So is it safe to assume that you were in the bottom half?

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:05 am

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

biladtreasure2

New

Post by biladtreasure2 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 am

Some fat dude farted louder than Gabriel's horn, and then exclaimed "Oh yeah!" in celebration.

Proctor should have stopped the test. Un-fucking-bearable. It was an "unfair testing environment," to say the least.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:44 am

biladtreasure2 wrote:Some fat dude farted louder than Gabriel's horn, and then exclaimed "Oh yeah!" in celebration.

Proctor should have stopped the test. Un-fucking-bearable. It was an "unfair testing environment," to say the least.
Ha ha almost rivals this: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=140629

2011L1

New

Post by 2011L1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 am

SFnative wrote:could be a fake but my friend (who lies a lot) who just took it in So-cal, texted me this:

him: "dude, i had the dumbest bitch next to me"

me: "why?"

him: "he raised his hand in the middle of the of S1, and told the proctor, "I think I have the wrong test, my section is different than his"... I just shook my head
LIES! but still classic!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:09 am

joebloe wrote:
I kept wanting to write Wong and 王 instead of Wang.
Why "Wong"? I get 王 but Wang is the correct pinyin...

Also, there's stories make me sad because I think I was like the people in them during my first LSAT (before I really knew what was going on/found TLS)...Pretty sure I didn't open my mouth and reveal how dumb I was tho...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:23 am

Still my favorite story:
longdaysjourney wrote:
Guy 1: I didn't bring a snack.
Guy 2. That sucks. (eating handfuls of planters mixed nuts)
Guy 1: Give me some of your nuts.
Guy 2: You would want that. (turns away from the other guy and does not share his planters mixed nuts)

sudoku

New

Post by sudoku » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:30 am

As we were in line for our room assignments...in view of the ridiculously small chair/desk combos we were about to face...

guy 1: Man, I don't know how I'll fit my ass is those desks.

guy 2: Dude, all the carbo-loading I did last night, I don't know how I'll fit my gut in there

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:45 am

FUCK. I just read through two pages of funny, then fucking 8 pages of bitching. I gave up... why must good threads always be ruined?

Having said THAT, when I got to my testing site they had a huge table of food and drinks for people to snack on before the test and during break. Almost EVERYONE was eating. Is anyone else as shocked by this as I was? I could barely eat two days before the test, let alone 5 fucking minutes before we're about to be seated.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:54 am

artichoke wrote:FUCK. I just read through two pages of funny, then fucking 8 pages of bitching. I gave up... why must good threads always be ruined?

Having said THAT, when I got to my testing site they had a huge table of food and drinks for people to snack on before the test and during break. Almost EVERYONE was eating. Is anyone else as shocked by this as I was? I could barely eat two days before the test, let alone 5 fucking minutes before we're about to be seated.
Artichoke wtf were you doing retaking?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”