Overheard at the LSAT

2011Law

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 2011Law » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Tullstone wrote:Me: Wow that 3rd games was really difficult right?
Guy: Yeah... I just left the answers blank. Better than getting them wrong!!
Me:Oh shit.

lol, are you serious?

ATR

Postby ATR » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Proctor 1: Where are you looking to apply?
Test Taker 1: (Local school). It's first class opens in Fall 2011, so that's exciting. I think we'll have an influence on the curriculum.
Proctor 2: Yeah, it should also help you with getting a job. You'll have a unique degree that separates you from all of the other people have degrees which everyone else has!

Example of someone who is absolutely clueless as to how legal hiring works.

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
dzollman wrote:A girl I knew from high school told me right before we went into the testing center that she didn't study for the test because law schools select people mostly based on extracurricular activities. I put up a half-hearted argument, telling her that GPA and LSAT mattered most but when she disagreed with me and wanted to know where I got my information I gave up and said "well, maybe"... knowing that she was completely and utterly FALSE!... I couldn't believe it, oh well I figure she will just help the curve in the end

:( This story makes me sad.

Yeah I don't know anyone that believes that extracurriculars are the most important, but I know a bunch of people who think extras are like almost as important as gpa/lsat, and I've learned not to argue with them, but just suggest as sincerely as possible that they check out this site or lsn.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:16 pm

atresia wrote:Proctor 1: Where are you looking to apply?
Test Taker 1: (Local school). It's first class opens in Fall 2011, so that's exciting. I think we'll have an influence on the curriculum.
Proctor 2: Yeah, it should also help you with getting a job. You'll have a unique degree that separates you from all of the other people have degrees which everyone else has!

lol, no way... this story just leaves me speechless.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:18 pm

My proctor was real cool, she wrote the time on the board and let people leave early during the writing section. She asked me if I wanted to leave, I swore it was a trick so I made sure I stayed til the end. With that being said:

One kid didn't come back when the break was over so my proctor waited 35 (yes actually 35 minutes) for him, kids were raging out in my room. This kid walks back in, the whole classroom starts yelling at him and this asshole says, "Oh sorry, I ran to subway for lunch."

I wanted to choke him.

Thank God for that kid's law career that my proctor was real nice.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Adjudicator wrote:

I was hit in the face with a puck once. I wonder if that unique experience will help with hiring? "Hey, how'd you get that scar on your face?" "Funny story! I was deflecting pucks without a bucket on and I deflected one right into my head. Bleeding for hours!" "You're hired!"

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:My proctor was real cool, she wrote the time on the board and let people leave early during the writing section. She asked me if I wanted to leave, I swore it was a trick so I made sure I stayed til the end. With that being said:

One kid didn't come back when the break was over so my proctor waited 35 (yes actually 35 minutes) for him, kids were raging out in my room. This kid walks back in, the whole classroom starts yelling at him and this asshole says, "Oh sorry, I ran to subway for lunch."

I wanted to choke him.

you should have thrown a shoe at him! my proctor was also cool, also let us out during WS.

EDIT: at my test center didn't even let us leave the floor of the building we were on. that your guy could go to subway and comeback 35 mins later is amazing. at least he'll probably make the curve better for you and I
Last edited by 2011Law on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATR

Postby ATR » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Adjudicator wrote:

I just kept my mouth shut.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 pm

So...not really overheard but...

During the writing section I wrote an on-topic essay for about 20 minutes and then spent the last 15 minutes making an elaborate drawing (on my scratch sheet) of Little Wang's adventures. The girl sitting next to me saw it and started giving me the evil eye, like I offended her or something.

As we were walking out, she goes up to the proctors to complain about me? Something about being distracting or something. I don't know, I just ran out.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:32 pm

pinkzeppelin wrote:Me: "So are you nervous? I can't stop worrying. I barely slept last night."
Girl next to me: "Nope. I'll just try my best and see where that gets me"
Me: "That's good. It's really just logic games I'm worried about. I feel like they're so unpredictable. Sometimes I get all of them and other times I just won't get a game and miss 6"
Girl next to me: "What's logic games?"
Me: *blank stare*

I swear I had this very same conversation today...WTF?!?

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:34 pm

chip3341 wrote:So...not really overheard but...

During the writing section I wrote an on-topic essay for about 20 minutes and then spent the last 15 minutes making an elaborate drawing (on my scratch sheet) of Little Wang's adventures. The girl sitting next to me saw it and started giving me the evil eye, like I offended her or something.

As we were walking out, she goes up to the proctors to complain about me? Something about being distracting or something. I don't know, I just ran out.

It's pretty comical that the people who didnt take the time to properly evaluate the LSAT during their prep (i.e. the ones who dont know the writing sample is almost meaningless) are the ones who write essays during the writing sample. Whereas the people that actually took the time to prep properly write something down for 5 minutes and proceed to stretch their legs/doodle for the next 30!

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 pm

At this conversation I was done. I knew the curve would be -25.

Me: So, where are you applying?
Guy: My mom says I should apply to Charlotte, but I don’t know…You know Charlotte is very selective.
Me: Oh…ok. (Trying not to laugh)
Guy: What about you, where do you want to go?
Me: I’m still working on it, but I think I have it down to NYU, Columbia, Duke, and maybe Cornell.
Guy: Yea, maybe I should apply to Duke. I love their baskeball team.

brobrah

Postby brobrah » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 pm

A proctor grabbed my test flipped it over and slammed it on the table and screamed "NEXT TIME YOUR GETTING WRITTEN UP!" because I had my unopened sealed test book on the front side instead of the back (where we were reading instructions on back). Scared the shit out of me I swear she was gonna take the test and smash it in my face like a cream pie on what would U do?

Same fat bitch didn't pick up my test book or answer sheet when we had gone on to the writing section so I basically had my test there the whole time even until after people were all leaving. Had to bring it up to them after everyone left "oh...we didn't pick up your test?" (wow we must be fucking idiots)

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:51 pm

That's totally awesome. I hope the idiot gets written up for looking at another test taker's paper.

nathan.

Postby nathan. » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:07 pm

hahahaha I made a sketch of the Wang child and a robot.

akili

Postby akili » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:15 pm

I know a guy named Steve Wang and I kept wanting to name the child Steve. I actually wrote it down and crossed it out multiple times.

Ophelia84

Postby Ophelia84 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
Ginj wrote:
When did being realistic and well-prepared become elitism? Besides, you're dealing with a pretty elitist profession. Do some research.

This.

Oh yes, totally this. It is a harsh world out there. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Awesome, you don't have to be a lawyer, now you can be a high school guidance counselor instead.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:32 pm

2011Law wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:My proctor was real cool, she wrote the time on the board and let people leave early during the writing section. She asked me if I wanted to leave, I swore it was a trick so I made sure I stayed til the end. With that being said:

I wanted to choke him.

you should have thrown a shoe at him! my proctor was also cool, also let us out during WS.

EDIT: at my test center didn't even let us leave the floor of the building we were on. that your guy could go to subway and comeback 35 mins later is amazing. at least he'll probably make the curve better for you and I

Kid in october got written up for drinking water... for reals

ATR

Postby ATR » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Ophelia84 wrote:Awesome, you don't have to be a lawyer, now you can be a high school guidance counselor instead.

Sick burn, bro.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:41 pm

One of the proctors told me during the writing section to just cross out instead of erase. I hadn't erased or crossed out a thing :shock: I was like.... ok thanks? This is my 3rd lsat buddy :roll:

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Sandro777 wrote:One of the proctors told me during the writing section to just cross out instead of erase. I hadn't erased or crossed out a thing :shock: I was like.... ok thanks? This is my 3rd lsat buddy :roll:

they meant to tell it to the kid next to you, who proceeded to erase and re-write his entire essay
boo for him

SFnative

Postby SFnative » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:45 pm

call me an idiot, but I had the biggest grin writing "WANG" every time....

The funniest thing I heard was "excuse me, my test booklet smells, can I get a new one?" every body loled, at her. not with her....

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:46 pm

SFnative wrote:call me an idiot, but I had the biggest grin writing "WANG" every time....

The funniest thing I heard was "excuse me, my test booklet smells, can I get a new one?" every body loled, at her. not with her....

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Sandro777 wrote:One of the proctors told me during the writing section to just cross out instead of erase. I hadn't erased or crossed out a thing :shock: I was like.... ok thanks? This is my 3rd lsat buddy :roll:

Is that for real? When they came out with that instruction, I was pissed off since I'd been allowing myself erasures during practice, and was used to doing a LOT of them. Pretty bad handwriting plus tendonitis. So my essay is short (2 paragraphs, maybe 20 lines) but not illegible.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:48 pm

2011Law wrote:
Tullstone wrote:Me: Wow that 3rd games was really difficult right?
Guy: Yeah... I just left the answers blank. Better than getting them wrong!!
Me:Oh shit.

lol, are you serious?

I swear I made a 180. Hahahahahaha!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”