Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby $1.99 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:30 pm

"im hoping i can get into new york law school because they are the best in public interest law"
"yeah nyu is pretty good"
"no im talking about city university of new york, they are unranked but a top public interest school"

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby bartleby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:50 pm

gens1tb wrote:
bartleby wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
bartleby wrote:This isn't meant to be racist at all but...

Some black guy said he's re-taking the LSAT even though he got a 173 and he applied and got rejected from LSU, while his friend got a 136 and got in. He was basically telling everyone in the bathroom line that the LSAT "doesn't matter anyway" during break.

Normally, I'm not going to jump into a conversation and flat out call BS on a stranger in front of everyone but...I almost did.


I don't understand, if I said, "some white guy" instead, would you be on my case? Maybe I should have said... A gentleman that was an African American.


I think you're supposed to say "some guy" 'cause the adjective isn't necessary


I only emphasized black or African American because of the URM boost associated with being black or African American. That's why I said I wasn't trying to be racist by bringing up the fact he was black.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm

That makes sense. I apologize.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby beachbum » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 pm

bartleby wrote:I only emphasized black or African American because of the URM boost associated with being black or African American. That's why I said I wasn't trying to be racist by bringing up the fact he was black.


+1, I was wondering why everyone was jumping on your case. The fact that the dude is a URM only further emphasizes his bullshit.

Also, it makes me so happy that you all have brought this thread back.

Tullstone
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tullstone » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Me: Wow that 3rd games was really difficult right?
Guy: Yeah... I just left the answers blank. Better than getting them wrong!!
Me:Oh shit.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby akili » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Girl 1: "It doesn't really matter what law school you go to! You get to be a DOCTOR of jurispwojehreho...mumblemumble"
Girl 2: "Yeah!"

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby lakers3peat » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:20 pm

proctor: you have to sit in that desk

me: but I'm not left handed

proctor: I DONT CARE SIT IN THAT DESK!

me: alright. alright.

girl: Can I sit in a left-handed desk?

proctor: no.

me: we can't switch?

proctor: ..... alright FINE

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby lakers3peat » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:24 pm

oh yeah. also this one...

Administrator: EXCUSE ME; EXCUSE ME... YOU CANT HAVE ANY ELECTRONICS!
(capslock because she was yelling ferreal.)

Random guy: But I have diabetes... I was checking my blood sugar.

amorfati
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby amorfati » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 pm

ah, this is my favorite thread... too bad i didn't hear anything too outrageous this time around.

although there's always the awkward:

other: i took it once already, but i didn't do as well as i wanted.
me: yeah, i'm retaking it too.
other: oh yeah? what'd you get the first time?
me: (typical complaint-worthy score per TLS standards)
other: (take that number, then subtract 15 points)
me: ...oh. that's still really good though.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PinkCow » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Girl directly behind me chanting before the test to herself - "160, 160, 160. This is your time. This is your time. This is your time."

Over and over again for like 5 minutes.

After the third section, one of the proctors walked over to her and told her she was being written up because she didn't put her pencil down right when she heard "STOP". I'm pretty sure she cried for the rest of the test.

KYExtemper
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:03 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby KYExtemper » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:35 pm

This is also my favorite thread on this board.

Man, some of these test proctors are strict as hell. My place was pretty lax. Granted, we didn't have anyone not putting their pencils down on time or anything, but that seems a bit petty unless someone is bubbling in clearly after time is called.

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ccmbr006 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 pm

mbusch22 wrote:
kwais wrote:the best thing I heard, by far.

Girl 1 "I looked on Emory's website and they said they were accepting applications for 2014. That means they have a 3 year waiting list, JUST TO APPLY!"

Girl 2 "That makes sense, I think a lot of the top schools are that way"

Awesome!


This is hilarious. Better for you guys if these people end up matriculating into your sections, they'll probably end up helping your curve. haha.

BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


When did being realistic and well-prepared become elitism? Besides, you're dealing with a pretty elitist profession. Do some research.


It's like you guys deny the existence of schools ranked below #35. There are actually 165 law schools below that mark. So, plenty of people get 150 somethings and go to law school.

Luckily for me, I'm an asshole like the rest of you/us. I was shocked at the people saying that 160 was an amazing score, etc.


But here's a Protip: A judge will knock the self-loving smile off your faces if you bring it into the courtroom. Don't forget that.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 09042014 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:48 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:It's like you guys deny the existence of schools ranked below #35. There are actually 165 law schools below that mark. So, plenty of people get 150 somethings and go to law school.

Luckily for me, I'm an asshole like the rest of you/us. I was shocked at the people saying that 160 was an amazing score, etc.


But here's a Protip: A judge will knock the self-loving smile off your faces if you bring it into the courtroom. Don't forget that.


Anyone who can't score above a 160 is objectively retarded.

User avatar
FishOil
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby FishOil » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:
kwais wrote:the best thing I heard, by far.

Girl 1 "I looked on Emory's website and they said they were accepting applications for 2014. That means they have a 3 year waiting list, JUST TO APPLY!"

Girl 2 "That makes sense, I think a lot of the top schools are that way"

Awesome!


This is hilarious. Better for you guys if these people end up matriculating into your sections, they'll probably end up helping your curve. haha.

BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


When did being realistic and well-prepared become elitism? Besides, you're dealing with a pretty elitist profession. Do some research.


It's like you guys deny the existence of schools ranked below #35. There are actually 165 law schools below that mark. So, plenty of people get 150 somethings and go to law school.

Luckily for me, I'm an asshole like the rest of you/us. I was shocked at the people saying that 160 was an amazing score, etc.


But here's a Protip: A judge will knock the self-loving smile off your faces if you bring it into the courtroom. Don't forget that.


^Go away.

The two guys behind me were friends: "were gonna rock this!" ::High fives::

...both had at least 10 guesses (ex. all D's) at the end of each section :shock:

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby stratocophic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:53 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:
kwais wrote:the best thing I heard, by far.

Girl 1 "I looked on Emory's website and they said they were accepting applications for 2014. That means they have a 3 year waiting list, JUST TO APPLY!"

Girl 2 "That makes sense, I think a lot of the top schools are that way"

Awesome!


This is hilarious. Better for you guys if these people end up matriculating into your sections, they'll probably end up helping your curve. haha.

BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


When did being realistic and well-prepared become elitism? Besides, you're dealing with a pretty elitist profession. Do some research.


It's like you guys deny the existence of schools ranked below #35. There are actually 165 law schools below that mark. So, plenty of people get 150 somethings and go to law school.

Luckily for me, I'm an asshole like the rest of you/us. I was shocked at the people saying that 160 was an amazing score, etc.


But here's a Protip: A judge will knock the self-loving smile off your faces if you bring it into the courtroom. Don't forget that.
Yeah, but since of all of those law schools and another 15 to 20 besides are not worth the price of attendance for between 60 and 97% of their students, TLS will continue to be elitist.

User avatar
FishOil
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby FishOil » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Guy: "The curve is going to be -14, with a -8 to get a 175"

Me: "lol I hope"

Guy: "I Know"

Me: "huh?"

Guy: "I Know, my blueprint teacher told me." :shock:

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sophia.olive » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:It's like you guys deny the existence of schools ranked below #35. There are actually 165 law schools below that mark. So, plenty of people get 150 somethings and go to law school.

Luckily for me, I'm an asshole like the rest of you/us. I was shocked at the people saying that 160 was an amazing score, etc.


But here's a Protip: A judge will knock the self-loving smile off your faces if you bring it into the courtroom. Don't forget that.


Anyone who can't score above a 160 is objectively retarded.


Lets go with 175. If you studied and scored below a 175 you should not be going to law school and you should not be posting on this thread. Just changing the degree of elitism Now a 179 needs to come and tell me to leave.

User avatar
LawSuccess
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby LawSuccess » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:56 pm

As soon as the test started, one of the proctors started walking around with his loud boots, saying, "Section 1, Section 1, you should be in Section 1. Turn to Section 1." He was so annoying, tapping his foot at various times and yelling out, "don't erase", etc.

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby robotclubmember » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:54 pm

LawSuccess wrote:As soon as the test started, one of the proctors started walking around with his loud boots, saying, "Section 1, Section 1, you should be in Section 1. Turn to Section 1." He was so annoying, tapping his foot at various times and yelling out, "don't erase", etc.


lol. why was he opposed to people erasing.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:It's like you guys deny the existence of schools ranked below #35. There are actually 165 law schools below that mark. So, plenty of people get 150 somethings and go to law school.

Luckily for me, I'm an asshole like the rest of you/us. I was shocked at the people saying that 160 was an amazing score, etc.


But here's a Protip: A judge will knock the self-loving smile off your faces if you bring it into the courtroom. Don't forget that.


Anyone who can't score above a 160 is objectively retarded.


Lets go with 175. If you studied and scored below a 175 you should not be going to law school and you should not be posting on this thread. Just changing the degree of elitism Now a 179 needs to come and tell me to leave.


You asked for it
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 pm

just kidding you can stay :D just was too perfect
sorry... also sorry for apologizing- I cant help it lol

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sophia.olive » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:02 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:just kidding you can stay :D just was too perfect
sorry... also sorry for apologizing- I cant help it lol

You will be all alone,... you need a 178 hanging around to pick on every once in a while. 178= half retarded(cant tie shoelace/ drool)

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sophia.olive » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:06 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:just kidding you can stay :D just was too perfect
sorry... also sorry for apologizing- I cant help it lol


To bad your score wasn't. lol
No really though I was waiting for you, we need a 180 now.......

they should make a thread for only 180s

User avatar
dzollman
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby dzollman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:10 pm

A girl I knew from high school told me right before we went into the testing center that she didn't study for the test because law schools select people mostly based on extracurricular activities. I put up a half-hearted argument, telling her that GPA and LSAT mattered most but when she disagreed with me and wanted to know where I got my information I gave up and said "well, maybe"... knowing that she was completely and utterly FALSE!... I couldn't believe it, oh well I figure she will just help the curve in the end

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:12 pm

dzollman wrote:A girl I knew from high school told me right before we went into the testing center that she didn't study for the test because law schools select people mostly based on extracurricular activities. I put up a half-hearted argument, telling her that GPA and LSAT mattered most but when she disagreed with me and wanted to know where I got my information I gave up and said "well, maybe"... knowing that she was completely and utterly FALSE!... I couldn't believe it, oh well I figure she will just help the curve in the end


:( This story makes me sad.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 180orDie, Chipotle85, galeatus and 6 guests