Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 6190
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pancakes3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:56 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:
hamshotfirst wrote:I saw a guy wearing a shirt featuring a team called the "Isotopes." When we were filing back into the room towards the end of the break I said "Hey man, you know they're moving to Albuquerque."

He didn't laugh and gave me the stink eye.

It was then that I realized my archenemy had revealed himself.


Probably because the Isotopes are already in Albuquerque and are the AAA affiliate of the Colorado Rockies


i feel like i'm being whooshed on a whoosh here.

saf18hornet
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:05 am

.
Last edited by saf18hornet on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hamshotfirst
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby hamshotfirst » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
hamshotfirst wrote:I saw a guy wearing a shirt featuring a team called the "Isotopes." When we were filing back into the room towards the end of the break I said "Hey man, you know they're moving to Albuquerque."

He didn't laugh and gave me the stink eye.

It was then that I realized my archenemy had revealed himself.


Probably because the Isotopes are already in Albuquerque and are the AAA affiliate of the Colorado Rockies


i feel like i'm being whooshed on a whoosh here.


Well what do you expect from that cheap, heartless Duff corporation?

darthrevan92
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:26 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby darthrevan92 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
darthrevan92 wrote:Bearded guy: "I basically self studied using preptests. Took about 5 and I got 178. I think I will score that range for this test"

I don't get it.


It is what it is

Aimeech
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Aimeech » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm

I love this thread. Nothing much ti report from my testing experience except a small argument. After the first section our Procter made it a point to remind everyone that when she called time, we were not to make any more marks and we should all put our pencils down or suffer the consequences. Time is called on section 5 and the proctor goes on to say a few sentences about signing the testing booklet when another proctor calls out a girl for continuing to bubble in. The girl loudly yells about how she was just finishing up the section and it was unfair that the procter decided to report it. She looks around at the room of testers looking for someone to back her up and we all just stare at her like "Girl, we all threw our pencils down 2 minutes ago. STFU"

GoingBackToSchool
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:13 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby GoingBackToSchool » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:48 pm

MrLions wrote:"If I have to do Logic Games today then I'm just gonna leave."


hahahaha, omg, that's totally hilarious!

GoingBackToSchool
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:13 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby GoingBackToSchool » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:51 pm

darthrevan92 wrote:Bearded guy: "I basically self studied using preptests. Took about 5 and I got 178. I think I will score that range for this test"


I just think people who say things like this are just lying...

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:55 pm

BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


Definitely getting the "Let's laugh at the little people" vibe. And since when was the LSAT a proxy for intelligence? Missed that memo.

silenttimer
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:13 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby silenttimer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Ole Miss frat guy I sat next to told me he took his first prep test the day before. Seemed like a good dude, hope it worked out for him.


The guy might surprise you. One of my good friends took one practice test while waiting in line for a star wars movie before taking the actual test. He got 168, got a decent scholarship from a decent school, and worked biglaw for several years. It can happen for this guy too!

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 6190
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pancakes3 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:45 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


Definitely getting the "Let's laugh at the little people" vibe. And since when was the LSAT a proxy for intelligence? Missed that memo.


y'all sound defensive

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 am

pancakes3 wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


Definitely getting the "Let's laugh at the little people" vibe. And since when was the LSAT a proxy for intelligence? Missed that memo.


y'all sound defensive


You can't just end there--say more!

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 28740
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:23 am

pancakes3 wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


Definitely getting the "Let's laugh at the little people" vibe. And since when was the LSAT a proxy for intelligence? Missed that memo.


y'all sound defensive

But not wrong.

GoingBackToSchool
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:13 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby GoingBackToSchool » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:55 am

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.


Definitely getting the "Let's laugh at the little people" vibe. And since when was the LSAT a proxy for intelligence? Missed that memo.


Still funny!!

User avatar
URMSenator52
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby URMSenator52 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 pm

GoingBackToSchool wrote:
darthrevan92 wrote:Bearded guy: "I basically self studied using preptests. Took about 5 and I got 178. I think I will score that range for this test"


I just think people who say things like this are just lying...


Lol some people only need to take 1-2 prep tests.Too score in the high 160's.. Those are the people, that will crush you on the 1L median curve.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7754
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:04 am

URMSenator52 wrote:Lol some people only need to take 1-2 prep tests.Too score in the high 160's.. Those are the people, that will crush you on the 1L median curve.

Ehh, not necessarily. There's always people who crush the LSAT without much studying (or crush it with a ton of work put in) and don't end up way above median after 1L.

I see why you think that though, based on that whole LSAT predicting 1L success stuff, which honestly isn't always the case.

User avatar
jjdude14
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby jjdude14 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:47 pm

I saw an acquaintance at my testing center (1.5 hours from where we live) had stored a coke in the bathroom of the testing center for the break. When he went to open it, it exploded all over him and it looked like he wet himself. Classic fourth grade embarrasement.

Seldom12121
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:22 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Seldom12121 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:48 am

AP-375 wrote:As soon as logic games section started, some guy raises his hand and blurts out: "Hey! Do we get scratch paper?"

So do we get anything that can be used as scratch paper in the test?

User avatar
sodomojo
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sodomojo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:18 am

.
Last edited by sodomojo on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJordan
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:48 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby AJordan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:43 am

Seldom12121 wrote:
AP-375 wrote:As soon as logic games section started, some guy raises his hand and blurts out: "Hey! Do we get scratch paper?"

So do we get anything that can be used as scratch paper in the test?


You'll receive the same amount as appears in the prep test books from LSAC starting with prep test 66. It's two pages per LG and it's plenty.

User avatar
Bartlet4President
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Bartlet4President » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:44 pm

“It’s really dumb to take the test multiple times because they average the score and look down on multiple attempts.”

Me: “But that doesn’t make sense. If you score higher you have a better score. Anyways, they don’t do that because all they care about is your top score because it boosts their rankings.”

Them: “Well I talked to the schools and that’s what they said.”

Me: “The schools.”

Them (confidently) : Campbell.

Me: “Sure,sure.”




And then the usual people that can’t seem to remember but think they scored a 168 or 170. ... ... ... right. And Trump isn’t obese either.

My favorite (not in test though) came from a guy that had a mutual friend with me:

Him: “Yeah, I’m going to Stanford.”

Me: “Oh damn, that’s awesome. What was your LSAT score? I’m studying a lot and would love some good words.”

Him: “171.”

Me: “you must have had a pretty good GPA huh?”

Him: “You can go anywhere with a 170 or higher.”

Me: “Oh, I didn’t know it was automatic like that. That’s crazy.”

...

A week later he told our mutual friend his score was 174.

..That guy..

User avatar
Bartlet4President
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Bartlet4President » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Ufgirl wrote:After the test I asked a girl on the way out if it was her first time taking the test.
She replied "second"
I asked "how do you think you did?"
She said "I don't know I need a 140"



Damn

User avatar
Bartlet4President
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Bartlet4President » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Walliums wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Johnsgoat wrote:
The girl in front of me came in with a fresh pack of pencils. The proctor told her she was only allowed four and needed to dispose of the rest. Meanwhile, when I get into the room the guy across the way has over 20 pencils out on the desk. I was amazed by that, I would have liked to have more than four, but I don't know what I'd do with 20.


I brought in a full 12 pack of pencils, would have been PISSED if I could only have 4. That sounds like some bullshit the proctor made up.


That is a bs rule. There are no stipulations of that sort on the LSAC official ticket package


I think they might have interpreted four pencils max from this on the LSAC's site:
"Pencils: Bring three or four sharpened No. 2 or HB wooden pencils with good erasers."



Well, it is written by lawyers. :/

jdcumlaude
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:44 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby jdcumlaude » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 am

Bartlet4President wrote:“It’s really dumb to take the test multiple times because they average the score and look down on multiple attempts.”

Me: “But that doesn’t make sense. If you score higher you have a better score. Anyways, they don’t do that because all they care about is your top score because it boosts their rankings.”

Them: “Well I talked to the schools and that’s what they said.”

Me: “The schools.”

Them (confidently) : Campbell.

Me: “Sure,sure.”



Yes Campbell lies to prospective students....in other news....the sky is blue...water is wet....and recent college grad unemployment is double the national average.

User avatar
Bartlet4President
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Bartlet4President » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 pm

jdcumlaude wrote:
Bartlet4President wrote:“It’s really dumb to take the test multiple times because they average the score and look down on multiple attempts.”

Me: “But that doesn’t make sense. If you score higher you have a better score. Anyways, they don’t do that because all they care about is your top score because it boosts their rankings.”

Them: “Well I talked to the schools and that’s what they said.”

Me: “The schools.”

Them (confidently) : Campbell.

Me: “Sure,sure.”



Yes Campbell lies to prospective students....in other news....the sky is blue...water is wet....and recent college grad unemployment is double the national average.





I’m just stationed in North Carolina, but if I did plan to go to law school here, I wouldn’t be considering them.

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: futurehoosierJD, lqyzoe, Majestic-12 [Bot], mog129 and 5 guests