Overheard at the LSAT

BillClinton Jr

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby BillClinton Jr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:40 pm

1. Older woman (mid 30s to early 40s) "Oh, I'm an English major so this shouldn't be too hard for me..." mind you,I was an English and PoliSci major so I just had to laugh
2. Guy in my room didn't bring a pencil. It's not like he didn't bring a sharpener or his pencils broke. Nope, he just didn't bring a pencil. Luckily, the guy next to him gave him one.
3. Lots of folks wanting to go to law school because they don't know what else to do LOL :lol: :lol:
4. Lots of "Oh yeah you can surely get into **insert elite law school** with **insert shitty LSAT score**"

jeech

Postby jeech » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:43 pm

The guy next to me had the loudest growling stomach....must have skipped breakfast. And he used all his upper body strength to erase stuff.

holabutimnothispanic

Postby holabutimnothispanic » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:55 pm

I posted this in the waiter thread, but its worth throwing here.

I sat next to a guy in a Harvard sweatshirt (note: I do not go to Harvard) who looked like he was freaking out the whole exam. At the end of the test after our proctor told us where to sign the test booklet two or three times, he raised his hand and asked again
I think he may have bought that sweatshirt prematurely

SirArthurDayne

Post removed.

Postby SirArthurDayne » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by SirArthurDayne on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

87mm

Postby 87mm » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:41 pm

jeech wrote:The guy next to me had the loudest growling stomach....must have skipped breakfast. And he used all his upper body strength to erase stuff.

Probably me, skipped breakfast and growling stomach. Also I have a lot of upper body strength.

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:57 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Typing Puppy

Postby Typing Puppy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:12 am

Some guy in my center brought an invalid ID, RAN ALL THE WAY HOME while everyone else checked in, and managed to return just in the nick of time to sit the test. The proctors were shocked that he made it. He was wiped; I assume with the adrenaline high he either rocked it or bombed.

Clueless proctor who independently announced the ban on mechanical pencils as if it were a radical new revelation, followed by 3 or 4 people walk-of-shaming it to the front to get an analog one. Really? You can't even use that shit on the SAT.

Proctors followed this up by passing out the writing sample prompts first thing along with the test booklets bc "why not?" while me and guy next to me were :shock:

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:56 am

shineoncrazydiamond wrote:Guy behind me before the test began turned to girl near him. "The silence is making my nerves crazy so I have to ask for your name and phone number." Lol.

Did he get name and number?

PatriotP74

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:03 am

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

shineoncrazydiamond

Postby shineoncrazydiamond » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:30 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
shineoncrazydiamond wrote:Guy behind me before the test began turned to girl near him. "The silence is making my nerves crazy so I have to ask for your name and phone number." Lol.

Did he get name and number?

Name, but she didn't sound too pleased about it (or maybe she just didn't feel like engaging with anybody before the test-she looked upset and at one point like she was praying during the break). No number that I saw/heard, haha.

One poor gal accidentally signed her score cancellation box instead of the designated signature area. Realized it just as proctor was coming by to pick up answer sheets and remedied it. Glad she realized it in time, that would be terrible to get a surprise "CANDIDATE CANCEL" on score release day, especially for December.

Billy Madison

Postby Billy Madison » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:50 am

jmark1 wrote:"People get into Northwestern with like, 150s"

guuuuuurl

Is that not the case? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spacemonkey001122

Postby spacemonkey001122 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:35 am

Billy Madison wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
This sounds nightmarish. Def complain to LSAC.

How will that play out? Do they delay scores? Or cancel them altogether? I thought about it, especially since it was a horrible test, but if everyone did lousy then maybe the curve will be favorable. Anyone here know what happens if you make a complaint?

For the record, the curve is decided before the test is even administered. The curve is decided based on when these sections were once experimental sections, from how I understand it.

monsterman

Postby monsterman » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:37 am

not at the testing center but relevant. when i mentioned a couple years ago to a former boss that i was taking the LSAT he started talking about the time he studied and took the LSAT and proceeded to give me advice.

"When I first took the LSAT I got a 128, which is marginal at best. But I think my biggest problem was the vocabulary in the test, so over the next couple months I started doing a bunch of cross word puzzles and I improved to a 138. I suggest you start with easier puzzles and work your way up to the NY Times cross word puzzle."

Dude was so serious.

Effingham

Postby Effingham » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:52 am

monsterman wrote:not at the testing center but relevant. when i mentioned a couple years ago to a former boss that i was taking the LSAT he started talking about the time he studied and took the LSAT and proceeded to give me advice.

"When I first took the LSAT I got a 128, which is marginal at best. But I think my biggest problem was the vocabulary in the test, so over the next couple months I started doing a bunch of cross word puzzles and I improved to a 138. I suggest you start with easier puzzles and work your way up to the NY Times cross word puzzle."

Dude was so serious.

They changed the scoring method after '91 I think, it used to be out of 30 or something, that's why you'll have boomers tell you proudly that they only got one wrong on the LSAT sometimes, which is the same as something like a 166 now.

You should try some of the really old questions if you can find them, doing cross word puzzles probably would have been a legitimate way to study.

monsterman

Postby monsterman » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:02 am

Effingham wrote:
monsterman wrote:not at the testing center but relevant. when i mentioned a couple years ago to a former boss that i was taking the LSAT he started talking about the time he studied and took the LSAT and proceeded to give me advice.

Dude was so serious.

They changed the scoring method after '91 I think, it used to be out of 30 or something, that's why you'll have boomers tell you proudly that they only got one wrong on the LSAT sometimes, which is the same as something like a 166 now.

You should try some of the really old questions if you can find them, doing cross word puzzles probably would have been a legitimate way to study.

he went to Nashville school of law in the mid 90s. i don't think he was at risk of getting just one wrong on the LSAT.

Billy Madison

Postby Billy Madison » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:37 am

spacemonkey001122 wrote:
Billy Madison wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:

How will that play out? Do they delay scores? Or cancel them altogether? I thought about it, especially since it was a horrible test, but if everyone did lousy then maybe the curve will be favorable. Anyone here know what happens if you make a complaint?

For the record, the curve is decided before the test is even administered. The curve is decided based on when these sections were once experimental sections, from how I understand it.

I realize that, my point was that if everyone did poorly then perhaps it was just a really difficult test with a large curve, rather than a particularly poor individual performance by myself on a moderately difficult test with a smaller curve.

NonTrat

Postby NonTrat » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:28 am

Dude was so serious.

So you're in TN also?

scollop

Postby scollop » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:05 pm

A girl accidentally dropped her admission ticket in the toilet before going into the testing toom

Typing Puppy

Postby Typing Puppy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:48 pm

scollop wrote:A girl accidentally dropped her admission ticket in the toilet before going into the testing toom

Hahahaha what a nightmare. :(

PrayFor170

Postby PrayFor170 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:13 pm

scollop wrote:A girl accidentally dropped her admission ticket in the toilet before going into the testing toom

How did you know that?

scollop

Postby scollop » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:24 pm

PrayFor170 wrote:
scollop wrote:A girl accidentally dropped her admission ticket in the toilet before going into the testing room

How did you know that?

I was with a group of friends and one of them went to the bathroom and came out of the bathroom saying that a girl was freaking out that she dropped her admission ticket in the toilet and didn't know what to do. Just hope she dropped it in before going to the bathroom.

I didn't know whether to laugh or feel bad for the girl.

pancakes3

Postby pancakes3 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:28 pm

you took the lsat with a group of friends?

scollop

Postby scollop » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:33 pm

pancakes3 wrote:you took the lsat with a group of friends?

Well I'm still in college so some people I know from school were there taking it too. Was just talking to them before walking into the room.

josh9308

Postby josh9308 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:13 pm

LOL!

I love it.

spacemonkey001122

Postby spacemonkey001122 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Billy Madison wrote:
spacemonkey001122 wrote:
Billy Madison wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:

I realize that, my point was that if everyone did poorly then perhaps it was just a really difficult test with a large curve, rather than a particularly poor individual performance by myself on a moderately difficult test with a smaller curve.

Oh, gotcha! :) best of luck my friend!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”