Overheard at the LSAT

lawmuchacha

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby lawmuchacha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Nagster5 wrote:
lawmuchacha wrote:Girl: "Oh we were supposed to tape our passport type photo onto our ticket??"

I can't imagine these people do well on the RC

LOL right? -_-.

also i had one guy get up in the middle of section 2 and say "Im cancelling my score" and walked out

splitterfromhell

Postby splitterfromhell » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:33 pm

lawmuchacha wrote:
Nagster5 wrote:
lawmuchacha wrote:Girl: "Oh we were supposed to tape our passport type photo onto our ticket??"

LOL right? -_-.

also i had one guy get up in the middle of section 2 and say "Im cancelling my score" and walked out

I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!!!!

ltbenn

Postby ltbenn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:44 am

While my test center might only have had 9 test-takers (overseas...), we had a disproportionate amount of absurdity...

1) "What if I don't have a middle initial? Should I make one up?" ~The guy behind me.
2) Conversation between the proctor and a girl who looked to be around 17, tops:
Proc: "If you don't have a social security number, leave it blank."
Teen: "But my ticket has this number that LSAC gave me instead of a social security number."
Proc: "My mistake - if you don't have a social security number, fill in the number LSAC gave you."
Teen: "Oh wait, I think that is my social security number."
3) Guy who vanished during the break and never came back: "This is supposed to take more than two hours?!"
4) "Because we're taking the sabbath observer test, we have a much harder curve - cuz Jews are smarter."
5) During the break, one guy just stood in the corner reading Psalms.
6) "If I fill in the score cancellation bubbles, will I still get to see my score?" (same guy as #1)

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:50 am

pancakes3 wrote:
marmadukeishere wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
marmadukeishere wrote:Some guy at the beginning of the test asked if he could get a pencil.
He then proceeded to say all the pencils he ha brought broke in half in his pocket.

Highlight of the test. That is all. :lol:

Wouldn't they still be usable?

3 inch pencils?

It's not about the length but how you use it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harvette

Postby Harvette » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:01 am

KMart wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
marmadukeishere wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
marmadukeishere wrote:Some guy at the beginning of the test asked if he could get a pencil.
He then proceeded to say all the pencils he ha brought broke in half in his pocket.

Highlight of the test. That is all. :lol:

Wouldn't they still be usable?

3 inch pencils?

It's not about the length but how you use it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lots of subtext here...

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:26 pm

ltbenn wrote:While my test center might only have had 9 test-takers (overseas...), we had a disproportionate amount of absurdity...

1) "What if I don't have a middle initial? Should I make one up?" ~The guy behind me.
2) Conversation between the proctor and a girl who looked to be around 17, tops:
Proc: "If you don't have a social security number, leave it blank."
Teen: "But my ticket has this number that LSAC gave me instead of a social security number."
Proc: "My mistake - if you don't have a social security number, fill in the number LSAC gave you."
Teen: "Oh wait, I think that is my social security number."
3) Guy who vanished during the break and never came back: "This is supposed to take more than two hours?!"
4) "Because we're taking the sabbath observer test, we have a much harder curve - cuz Jews are smarter."
5) During the break, one guy just stood in the corner reading Psalms.
6) "If I fill in the score cancellation bubbles, will I still get to see my score?" (same guy as #1)

TBF when I took it as a Sabbath observer it was more difficult, because it was fairly unpredictable what the sections would look like. Although it was around PT 60, some of it was very indicative of tests 1-20 such that you generally had no idea what the test would like. At least 5-6 years ago, LSAC wasn't creating a sufficient number of new questions to give an up to date Sabbath observer test.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:08 pm

splitterfromhell wrote:
lawmuchacha wrote:
Nagster5 wrote:

LOL right? -_-.

I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My friend worked at a bankruptcy court last year and whenever she mentioned it to me, that's all I thought about.

PrayFor170

Postby PrayFor170 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:33 pm

I was looking forward to overhearing something but the room I was in was incredibly quiet. As far as I observed, nobody ever spoke a word to each other. Except the proctor, nobody made a sound.

I brought 25 pencils with me.

splitterfromhell

Postby splitterfromhell » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:42 pm

The moment the proctor called time on the writing sample, she started talking about how way too many of us were finished early and how in law school, you never finish exams early.

Hornet2011

Postby Hornet2011 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:46 pm

During the mingling prior to the test some guy was trying to impress a girl with all his LSAT "skillz". Said lady's man claimed after boasting of his LSAT prowess for 10 minutes, "I have been scoring around a 155 pretty consistently. Once I get that I am going to be set".

pancakes3

Postby pancakes3 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:49 pm

splitterfromhell wrote:The moment the proctor called time on the writing sample, she started talking about how way too many of us were finished early and how in law school, you never finish exams early.

she's not wrong, but she's not right either.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Guy: "What do you mean I can't have my cell phone.. It's on silent."

I was like he can't be for real.

seashell.economy

Postby seashell.economy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:44 pm

Overheard at the LSAT: the rhythmic crunching of almonds being eaten by the proctor. The perfect thing to snack on in an otherwise quiet room.

shineoncrazydiamond

Postby shineoncrazydiamond » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Guy behind me before the test began turned to girl near him. "The silence is making my nerves crazy so I have to ask for your name and phone number." Lol.

DoYouEvenTLS

Postby DoYouEvenTLS » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:16 pm

person: "So wait, the break is after the 3rd section?"

zeglo

Postby zeglo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:46 pm

This thread is hilarious.

I can't believe people come so unprepared.

contrabergin

Postby contrabergin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:34 pm

a guy came to the wrong center. he was supposed to be testing elsewhere.

Billy Madison

Postby Billy Madison » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:40 pm

So this 40 year old (ish) guy directly in front of me took forever to fill out the bio info before the test, then about halfway through one of those sections (maybe the 2nd or 3rd), he dropped his answer sheet and reached for in while sitting in a tiny wooden desk (don't take at Ohio St.). So somehow he managed to flip the whole desk, with himself still sitting in it, and squirmed around on the floor while trying to dislodge himself from the desk that was at that point on top of him. Total shit show. People stopped to see if he was okay and tried to help him up, which only added to the distraction. I tried to just keep going, because of how important this goddamn this is, but that was definitely not happening.
Then after either section 4 or 5, a different dude got caught erasing stuff on his answer sheet, the proctor asks him what he's doing, dude admits he's erasing "extra marks" (this is after "times up, pencils down"), and one of the other proctors just says "oh, it's fine." Um, the Hell it is. I'd love to toss in some random guesses at the end of the LG that I (stupidly) failed to answer, would THAT be "fine"? :evil:

pancakes3

Postby pancakes3 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Billy Madison wrote:So this 40 year old (ish) guy directly in front of me took forever to fill out the bio info before the test, then about halfway through one of those sections (maybe the 2nd or 3rd), he dropped his answer sheet and reached for in while sitting in a tiny wooden desk (don't take at Ohio St.). So somehow he managed to flip the whole desk, with himself still sitting in it, and squirmed around on the floor while trying to dislodge himself from the desk that was at that point on top of him. Total shit show. People stopped to see if he was okay and tried to help him up, which only added to the distraction. I tried to just keep going, because of how important this goddamn this is, but that was definitely not happening.
Then after either section 4 or 5, a different dude got caught erasing stuff on his answer sheet, the proctor asks him what he's doing, dude admits he's erasing "extra marks" (this is after "times up, pencils down"), and one of the other proctors just says "oh, it's fine." Um, the Hell it is. I'd love to toss in some random guesses at the end of the LG that I (stupidly) failed to answer, would THAT be "fine"? :evil:

This sounds nightmarish. Def complain to LSAC.

Billy Madison

Postby Billy Madison » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:54 pm

pancakes3 wrote:

How will that play out? Do they delay scores? Or cancel them altogether? I thought about it, especially since it was a horrible test, but if everyone did lousy then maybe the curve will be favorable. Anyone here know what happens if you make a complaint?

BroManDude

Post removed.

Postby BroManDude » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BroManDude on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Madison

Postby Billy Madison » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:58 pm

BroManDudeManBro wrote:
Your display picture is perfect for this story.

Hahaha I just realized that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Billy Madison wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:

How will that play out? Do they delay scores? Or cancel them altogether? I thought about it, especially since it was a horrible test, but if everyone did lousy then maybe the curve will be favorable. Anyone here know what happens if you make a complaint?

I think the only three possible outcomes from a testing center irregularity complaint are 1) Nothing. 2) They stick a note in your file that there were irregularities at your testing center, and the schools see that, or 3) You get the option of canceling your score (without ever seeing it), and you get a free re-take.

Oh, and the curve was set long before any of you sat down to take the test, so the overall test-day performance of the takers nationwide won't change it.

Billy Madison

Postby Billy Madison » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:31 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:
Billy Madison wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:

I think the only three possible outcomes from a testing center irregularity complaint are 1) Nothing. 2) They stick a note in your file that there were irregularities at your testing center, and the schools see that, or 3) You get the option of canceling your score (without ever seeing it), and you get a free re-take.

Oh, and the curve was set long before any of you sat down to take the test, so the overall test-day performance of the takers nationwide won't change it.

That's kinda what I figured.

jmark1

Postby jmark1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:29 pm

"People get into Northwestern with like, 150s"

guuuuuurl

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”