Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby oldercoldervoice » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Nothing too crazy. As we walked into the testing room we were asked not once but twice whether we needed to use the bathroom before we sat down. There are maybe 30-40 people in the room so it doesn't take crazy long to get everyone seated; maybe 10 minutes. Of course this is just enough time for one girl to suddenly realize that she urgently needs to pee and ask to leave the room. And of course as soon as she leaves for this completely unforeseeable pee break the head of the test center comes in to tell us we can start. Had to wait 5 extra minutes just for her.

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby oldercoldervoice » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Oh and one guy checking in didn't have a picture on his ticket. When they asked him where his picture was he pointed to his driver's license and said "it's right here, duh."

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3914
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pancakes3 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Petrichor wrote:man i wish i had some of those test takers at my site. everyone was strictly all business and there was massive turnout despite the crappy weather. june test had 1/3 of people not show up and that test started around noon on a really nice day


Wait, really? 1/3?

EnderWiggin wrote:(before test, during check-in)

Uninformed Guy: They tell you which section is the experimental, right?

More informed Girl: No...that's the whole point of it.

Uninformed Guy: Ah, so you can't just like, lay off on one of the sections?

More informed Girl: I mean, you can, but..


Definitely can tell you're still in LSAT mode. No conclusions as to the actual informed/not informed status of the girl.

User avatar
seashell.economy
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby seashell.economy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:03 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:Overheard during the break...

Girl 1: "Oh....my...GOOOODDD. I didn't know youuuuu were taking the LSAT?!?!?!?"
Girl 2: "Oh my God, girl. We are so hot right now. We're like hot lawyers"
Girl 1: "Oh I know...I think about that all the time."
Girl 2: "So how did the first half go?"
Girl 1: "I don't know..did you study."
Girl 2: "Pssstt....no, that's gay."
Girl 1: "I know, right???"

...only at the University of Kentucky


lololololol

User avatar
EnderWiggin
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby EnderWiggin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:05 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Definitely can tell you're still in LSAT mode. No conclusions as to the actual informed/not informed status of the girl.


:lol:

like a bad habit that you can't shake

DJKRD92
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby DJKRD92 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Guy 1: "Pshhh, yeah I studied."
GUy 2: "Damnn so you must've done a lot of PTs.."
Guy 1: "Yeah, but I only did 2 or 3 full length timed practice tests."

Petrichor
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Petrichor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:59 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Petrichor wrote:man i wish i had some of those test takers at my site. everyone was strictly all business and there was massive turnout despite the crappy weather. june test had 1/3 of people not show up and that test started around noon on a really nice day


Wait, really? 1/3?

EnderWiggin wrote:(before test, during check-in)

Uninformed Guy: They tell you which section is the experimental, right?

More informed Girl: No...that's the whole point of it.

Uninformed Guy: Ah, so you can't just like, lay off on one of the sections?

More informed Girl: I mean, you can, but..


Definitely can tell you're still in LSAT mode. No conclusions as to the actual informed/not informed status of the girl.


1/3 is what i've been told

User avatar
Judgeasaurus_Rex
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Judgeasaurus_Rex » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:13 pm

*After the 5 MC sections, before the writing sample*

Proctor: Does "John Smith" want to cancel his score? John Smith, please raise your hand.
John Smith: Maybe...
Proctor: You bubbled in the section for score cancellation, John...
John Smith: Ok, sure. I'll cancel my score.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15499
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Judgeasaurus_Rex wrote:*After the 5 MC sections, before the writing sample*

Proctor: Does "John Smith" want to cancel his score? John Smith, please raise your hand.
John Smith: Maybe...
Proctor: You bubbled in the section for score cancellation, John...
John Smith: Ok, sure. I'll cancel my score.

:lol:

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3108
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Hikikomorist » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Judgeasaurus_Rex wrote:*After the 5 MC sections, before the writing sample*

Proctor: Does "John Smith" want to cancel his score? John Smith, please raise your hand.
John Smith: Maybe...
Proctor: You bubbled in the section for score cancellation, John...
John Smith: Ok, sure. I'll cancel my score.

He'll make for a great TLS success story when we all yell at him to retake for the third time.

User avatar
cphtexas
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby cphtexas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Not overheard but has anyone ever taken the test at a round table??

For my third time taking it, it was the weirdest thing sitting with three other people at the same table...and all ~80 test takers were in the same room. 20 round tables. Everyone chit-chatting before the test and during the breaks. It was like a freaking high school cafeteria.

It didn't seem like most people were taking it seriously, good thing my prep taught me not to be distracted by testing situations!

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:49 pm

oldercoldervoice wrote:Oh and one guy checking in didn't have a picture on his ticket. When they asked him where his picture was he pointed to his driver's license and said "it's right here, duh."


Kind of hope it worked out for him - there was a woman at my administration who used her driver's license to identify herself, then cut the license picture out to affix to her ticket.

User avatar
seashell.economy
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby seashell.economy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:07 pm

Funniest thing I heard?

"I like reading comp."

User avatar
Nagster5
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:28 am

Post removed.

Postby Nagster5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:28 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Nagster5 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GnosisExchange
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby GnosisExchange » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:21 am

Post removed.
Last edited by GnosisExchange on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby nlee10 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:53 am

GnosisExchange wrote:The most ridiculous part though was seeing all the people who showed up to the test center with their mommies. It seemed like at least a third of the test-takers's moms were double checking their Ziplock bags to make sure they had everything, giving their kids last minute tips and cheers and promising to be back in a couple of hours. My mom is a helicopter parent, and even she would have slapped some sense into these people. How do they expect their children to succeed in law school abroad if they don't even trust their ADULT children to pack the Ziplock bags themselves?


*I may be being particularly harsh because I'm a bit bitter about my performance. That said, as much as I don't want to be mean, the last one did seem pretty ridiculous to me.*

It could just be a cultural thing. At my testing center here in California, I noticed a couple of asian parents who showed up to drop off their kids/say GL/etc.

Am asian btw.

LitigatingLiar
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:25 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby LitigatingLiar » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 am

I always wondered who these people were that scored 120-130 on the LSAT. I guess some people just don't take the test seriously. They didn't really want to go to law school.
Last edited by LitigatingLiar on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HxAxDxExS
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby HxAxDxExS » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:06 am

The Gentleman wrote:Kid A - "Ya dude, it's crazy that, like, our whole career is riding on this test!"

Kid B - "I know man! I probably should have studied."


Career if you want to be in law...because you need to go to law school (or a good law school) but from what i've read that you guys have heard people say, most of these people dont give a fuck about law school lol

User avatar
Nagster5
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:28 am

Post removed.

Postby Nagster5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Nagster5 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Judgeasaurus_Rex
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Judgeasaurus_Rex » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Parent to her child after the test: "Don't worry, I'm sure you passed!"

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SplitMyPants » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:52 pm

nlee10 wrote:
GnosisExchange wrote:The most ridiculous part though was seeing all the people who showed up to the test center with their mommies. It seemed like at least a third of the test-takers's moms were double checking their Ziplock bags to make sure they had everything, giving their kids last minute tips and cheers and promising to be back in a couple of hours. My mom is a helicopter parent, and even she would have slapped some sense into these people. How do they expect their children to succeed in law school abroad if they don't even trust their ADULT children to pack the Ziplock bags themselves?


*I may be being particularly harsh because I'm a bit bitter about my performance. That said, as much as I don't want to be mean, the last one did seem pretty ridiculous to me.*

It could just be a cultural thing. At my testing center here in California, I noticed a couple of asian parents who showed up to drop off their kids/say GL/etc.

Am asian btw.


Shit, I made my dad drive me to the test center. All you noobs over here wasting mental energy worrying about traffic and parking and what not.

Leagles5161
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Leagles5161 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Ambitious young lady- "I need a 146 to get into my target school"

Me- "What school?"

Ambitious young lady- "Ave Maria"

Dear god

User avatar
PrayFor170
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PrayFor170 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:45 pm

LitigatingLiar wrote:I always wondered who these people were that 120-130 on the LSAT. I guess some people just don't take the test seriously. They didn't really want to go to law school.


I also wonder about that. As long as you are literate...unless you only fill your name, randomly bubble a few and leave the rest blank.

User avatar
pterodactyls
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pterodactyls » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:36 pm

One girl didn't bring any pencils, just a pen. But the proctors were nice and gave her some pencils.

The proctor reminded everyone to bubble their answer sheet during the alloyed time, because in one of her past administrations someone came up to her at the end of the test and said "wait so I haven't transferred my answers yet, can I do it now?" Literally hadn't bubbled a single answer.

So that's where 130s come from.

Petrichor
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Petrichor » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:54 pm

LitigatingLiar wrote:I always wondered who these people were that 120-130 on the LSAT. I guess some people just don't take the test seriously. They didn't really want to go to law school.


didn't someone get into UT with a 128 or something?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bcapace, dontsaywhatyoumean, harveybirdman502, theGrinch and 17 guests