Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3888
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:26 pm

out the school so i know where to direct my application for career services counselor. how much do they pay?

1snowflake
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 1snowflake » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 am

pancakes3 wrote:out the school so i know where to direct my application for career services counselor. how much do they pay?


Not going to out the school. Don't want to cast a bad light on them just because of one person. Possible LR question in that: Part to whole.

1snowflake
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 1snowflake » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:15 am

KMart wrote:
1snowflake wrote:First post.

First LSAT take June 8th. PTs were coming in between 163 - 169. Hoping for the higher end of that range or a point or so better.

Nothing funny at the testing center but some time before.

I recently finished an MBA and told my academic adviser I was considering law school. He said that some years ago he wanted to go to law school, took the LSAT, scored a 172, applied to Vanderbilt and was rejected.

Here is where it gets funny. He claimed a 172 was the top score one could get. Said Vanderbilt told him they turned him down because he wasn't URM. He said he got that great score because he used to be in law enforcement. He advised me to study up on criminal justice and legal procedure. "You just have to know that stuff and you will have no problem with the test."

Good thing I know how to use the Internet, read books and think for myself.

Let TLS be your legal advisor. Here's one instance of why they are so ignorant of the field.


Definitely agree with "Let TLS be your legal advisor." I wish I had discovered this site before the LSAT I think I would have achieved a higher score and I def would have been wearing a 180 watch. Might even have had some of the black ticon pencils. Next time if there is a next time.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby whacka » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:08 am

1snowflake wrote:
Definitely agree with "Let TLS be your legal advisor." I wish I had discovered this site before the LSAT I think I would have achieved a higher score and I def would have been wearing a 180 watch. Might even have had some of the black ticon pencils. Next time if there is a next time.


Alright don't get crazy

Username123
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Username123 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:42 pm

1snowflake wrote:
KMart wrote:
1snowflake wrote:First post.

First LSAT take June 8th. PTs were coming in between 163 - 169. Hoping for the higher end of that range or a point or so better.

Nothing funny at the testing center but some time before.

I recently finished an MBA and told my academic adviser I was considering law school. He said that some years ago he wanted to go to law school, took the LSAT, scored a 172, applied to Vanderbilt and was rejected.

Here is where it gets funny. He claimed a 172 was the top score one could get. Said Vanderbilt told him they turned him down because he wasn't URM. He said he got that great score because he used to be in law enforcement. He advised me to study up on criminal justice and legal procedure. "You just have to know that stuff and you will have no problem with the test."

Good thing I know how to use the Internet, read books and think for myself.

Let TLS be your legal advisor. Here's one instance of why they are so ignorant of the field.


Definitely agree with "Let TLS be your legal advisor." I wish I had discovered this site before the LSAT I think I would have achieved a higher score and I def would have been wearing a 180 watch. Might even have had some of the black ticon pencils. Next time if there is a next time.


TCR is to wear two 180 watches.

1snowflake
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 1snowflake » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:56 pm

whacka wrote:
Alright don't get crazy


:) Too late.

User avatar
foundingfather
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby foundingfather » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:TCR is to wear two 180 watches.


everyone knows you need a 180 pocket watch if you want to go to YLS

westcoast16
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby westcoast16 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:10 pm

I was talking to a girl before the test and she asked me what score I was hoping for. I rounded down and told her 170.
She proceeded to laugh.
While I was starting to get offended, she laughed again and said "oh man, wouldn't we all?"
This girl (whose last score was a 138) apparently thought it was so impossible to get a 170 that she assumed I was joking.
I just nodded and laughed with her. Yikes.

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3888
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pancakes3 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:51 am

westcoast16 wrote:I was talking to a girl before the test and she asked me what score I was hoping for. I rounded down and told her 170.
She proceeded to laugh.
While I was starting to get offended, she laughed again and said "oh man, wouldn't we all?"
This girl (whose last score was a 138) apparently thought it was so impossible to get a 170 that she assumed I was joking.
I just nodded and laughed with her. Yikes.


Last... actual score? Not PT? Isn't that just pretty much straight guessing?

TransferHopeful17
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:46 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby TransferHopeful17 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:40 am

Nothing crazy overheard or seen at my TC last year other than a guy who was first to arrive but realized he forgot his ID at home a little late in the game. Fortunately, he did make it back in time. I can't imagine putting myself through that stress and getting through the test unscathed.

Future southern CA LSAT test takers, I highly recommend the TC in Santa Barbara at Westmont College. By far one of the more relaxed environments in which you could take such a test.

LifeGoals
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby LifeGoals » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:22 pm

Met this dude who attended a local HBCU and didn't know a lot about the test. He was really sweating it during the break, talking about how he only got a third of the way through LG and the other sections weren't easy either. He was talking, though, about "getting recruited" by those TTTT schools that contact everyone like Florida Coastal and Stetson and how cool that was. I tried to hint that maybe he should shoot for something with good placement and he said "I just want to be a lawyer, man. Any school, any school will do." I didn't want to be a dick so I let him go with it; Hopefully I at least said enough to prompt him to do more research later.

He was really nice to me during the break through, and helped pump me up to power through the last sections. I hope things work out for him.

User avatar
jetsfan1
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby jetsfan1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:31 pm

I had a great test center, very quiet and only a few people in there. I'm a huge hoops fan though, and as it turned out a couple of very prominent NBA players were in the room next to us. The proctor told us about this before the test, which was actually helpful because we started chatting about hoops and it made me less stressed. I also got to meet one afterwards. Was pretty sweet not gonna lie.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PoopNpants » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:07 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:I had a great test center, very quiet and only a few people in there. I'm a huge hoops fan though, and as it turned out a couple of very prominent NBA players were in the room next to us. The proctor told us about this before the test, which was actually helpful because we started chatting about hoops and it made me less stressed. I also got to meet one afterwards. Was pretty sweet not gonna lie.


Curious, what were NBA players doing at an LSAT test center I'm kinda jealous lol can you say which ones specifically?

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:28 pm

PoopNpants wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:I had a great test center, very quiet and only a few people in there. I'm a huge hoops fan though, and as it turned out a couple of very prominent NBA players were in the room next to us. The proctor told us about this before the test, which was actually helpful because we started chatting about hoops and it made me less stressed. I also got to meet one afterwards. Was pretty sweet not gonna lie.


Curious, what were NBA players doing at an LSAT test center I'm kinda jealous lol can you say which ones specifically?

User avatar
jetsfan1
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby jetsfan1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:I had a great test center, very quiet and only a few people in there. I'm a huge hoops fan though, and as it turned out a couple of very prominent NBA players were in the room next to us. The proctor told us about this before the test, which was actually helpful because we started chatting about hoops and it made me less stressed. I also got to meet one afterwards. Was pretty sweet not gonna lie.


Curious, what were NBA players doing at an LSAT test center I'm kinda jealous lol can you say which ones specifically?


Rather not say exactly who, but it had something to do with NBA outreach to kids/teens I think. They happened to be doing it at the test center the same day.

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PoopNpants » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 am

jetsfan1 wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:I had a great test center, very quiet and only a few people in there. I'm a huge hoops fan though, and as it turned out a couple of very prominent NBA players were in the room next to us. The proctor told us about this before the test, which was actually helpful because we started chatting about hoops and it made me less stressed. I also got to meet one afterwards. Was pretty sweet not gonna lie.


Curious, what were NBA players doing at an LSAT test center I'm kinda jealous lol can you say which ones specifically?


Rather not say exactly who, but it had something to do with NBA outreach to kids/teens I think. They happened to be doing it at the test center the same day.


Word that's cool, was just wondering if Deandre Jordan was taking the LSAT or someshit

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3396
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:36 am

PoopNpants wrote:
Word that's cool, was just wondering if Deandre Jordan was taking the LSAT or someshit

What do you think he'd score?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:45 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:
Word that's cool, was just wondering if Deandre Jordan was taking the LSAT or someshit

What do you think he'd score?


What would Jeremy Lin score

PoopNpants
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PoopNpants » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:34 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:
Word that's cool, was just wondering if Deandre Jordan was taking the LSAT or someshit

What do you think he'd score?


Judging by his free throw % I'd say he would get below 150

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3025
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:06 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
PoopNpants wrote:
Word that's cool, was just wondering if Deandre Jordan was taking the LSAT or someshit

What do you think he'd score?


What would Jeremy Lin score

Isn't Harvard's average 166-168?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:36 am

Last I heard it was 165

JazzyMac
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby JazzyMac » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:09 am

I took the June LSAT (canceled before leaving the room).

Standing in line waiting to enter the testing room, and I'm just in my own world moving up the line. I'm next in line to get my ID and passport photo checked when a guy rushes up to the desk and cuts in front of me. He's pretty over-stressed...perhaps he thought he arrived late (even though there was still a line). I think he was also in his own world. Mildly annoyed, I move over to the side. "Let the crazy person do his thing" is my thought. He's extremely disorganized. His ziplock bag is almost overflowing, he's juggling his water bottle, looking for his photo, granola bar falls out of his bag, etc. Just total crazed.

Well, turns out, his photo is unauthorized. It was a printed photo using copy paper, versus an actual photo. So, he's arguing with the test folks and they are adamant about not letting him in. ***Sidebar: Sorry I'm telling a past tense story in present tense** Anywho! He rummages through his bag again, dumps out all of his fodder looking for another photo. "Hold up, hold up! It's in here somewhere!" I notice a square paper that floated away from his pile and point him to it. They accept the "new" photo and let him in. I'm suspicious, but hey, not my life.

In the test, crazy guy's packet o' junk falls over, and stuff rolls out, including his bag of almonds. He attempts to "straighten" up his pile, but grabbed the almond bag on the wrong side and all the almonds fall over the floor. I'm observing this guy (I'm sitting behind him), and he just lets the almonds sit on the floor scattered everywhere. The proctors walking around are doing their best to navigate around the almonds, but they don't say anything to him.

During break as I'm walking the hall a bit, all I hear from various groups is the word "cancel". Any duo, trio, or other students, they were all shaking their heads saying, "cancel". Odd...I didn't think the test was horrible.

User avatar
DCfilterDC
Posts: 2665
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby DCfilterDC » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:20 am

JazzyMac wrote:Well, turns out, his photo is unauthorized. It was a printed photo using copy paper, versus an actual photo. So, he's arguing with the test folks and they are adamant about not letting him in.


What? This is the craziest part of the story to me. No where does LSAC say it can't be printed on paper. I didn't know anyone who got an actual photo processed. Feel bad for this dude.

User avatar
foundingfather
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby foundingfather » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:50 pm

JazzyMac wrote:During break as I'm walking the hall a bit, all I hear from various groups is the word "cancel". Any duo, trio, or other students, they were all shaking their heads saying, "cancel". Odd...I didn't think the test was horrible.


this sounds like a weird dream

JazzyMac
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby JazzyMac » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:03 pm

DCfilterDC wrote:
JazzyMac wrote:Well, turns out, his photo is unauthorized. It was a printed photo using copy paper, versus an actual photo. So, he's arguing with the test folks and they are adamant about not letting him in.


What? This is the craziest part of the story to me. No where does LSAC say it can't be printed on paper. I didn't know anyone who got an actual photo processed. Feel bad for this dude.


You don't know anyone who had an actual photo on photo paper? That's weird seeing that most drugstores print them out on photo paper versus regular bond paper. I didn't care but it seems as if the proctors did.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, dj9i27, Instrumental, SunDevil14, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests