Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
kylemolodets
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:04 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby kylemolodets » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:24 pm

During my RC section a woman freaked out threw her test and had to be forced out of the room by the proctor and the helper. Started 3 hours late, so we ended up getting out of there around 8 o clock. 10/10 experience.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
scalawag wrote:
kaftka juice wrote:
what did you say to him? i think i would have a hard time disguising my "you should NOT be going to law school" look.



I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and except the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Basically I guess what I'm trying to say is the LSAT is a tool to get a scholarship, or to get into a cheaper school, or a school that will poise you for big law.

My cousin had trouble getting into a third-tier school because of his LSAT score. With perseverance it happened, and he gained experience at a small practice, before joining a big firm as an associate and making partner.

The LSAT has very little to do with what kind of lawyer you will be (within reason). Once you hit a certain number in the curve you have enough intelligence to get through law school (and I think most people of average intelligence can get through it). There are great law students (who had great LSATs) who are shit lawyers.

Is this English

Has to be a troll...

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:32 pm

.
Last edited by whacka on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7303
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:00 pm

whacka wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Is this English

Has to be a troll...


dudes I just heard of a crazy thing, it was called like a "joke"! apparently they're supposed to make you feel amused or something, sometimes by lampooning familiar social or linguistic conventions. Idk. Sounds kinda confusing. idk how to differentiate it from trolling, the classic internet pastime.

I've heard of this hilarious thing called psychotic rambling too

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
whacka wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Is this English

Has to be a troll...


dudes I just heard of a crazy thing, it was called like a "joke"! apparently they're supposed to make you feel amused or something, sometimes by lampooning familiar social or linguistic conventions. Idk. Sounds kinda confusing. idk how to differentiate it from trolling, the classic internet pastime.

I've heard of this hilarious thing called psychotic rambling too

I've heard of psychotic rambling that is influenced by the delay in receiving one's actual LSAT score. :P

User avatar
scalawag
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby scalawag » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:33 pm

I did it for the lulz but dude is still a douche

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 am

scalawag wrote:I did it for the lulz but dude is still a douche


I enjoyed it.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby North » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:55 am

Micdiddy wrote:
scalawag wrote:I did it for the lulz but dude is still a douche


I enjoyed it.

User avatar
Generally
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:43 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 21877
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nebby » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:47 am

North wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
scalawag wrote:I did it for the lulz but dude is still a douche


I enjoyed it.

carterjo
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby carterjo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:30 pm

I needed to bring pencils?

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:32 pm

carterjo wrote:I needed to bring pencils?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
BlindGuyMcSqueezy
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby BlindGuyMcSqueezy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Well done, scalawag.

User avatar
ElleWoods2018
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ElleWoods2018 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 pm

I overheard a girl saying that she never completed a full practice test before the test day. Yikes.

gyra15
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby gyra15 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:07 pm

ElleWoods2018 wrote:I overheard a girl saying that she never completed a full practice test before the test day. Yikes.

Someone asked how long each section was. Doubt she completed a pt either.

User avatar
ElleWoods2018
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ElleWoods2018 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 pm

gyra15 wrote:
ElleWoods2018 wrote:I overheard a girl saying that she never completed a full practice test before the test day. Yikes.

Someone asked how long each section was. Doubt she completed a pt either.


lol

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:29 pm

gyra15 wrote:
ElleWoods2018 wrote:I overheard a girl saying that she never completed a full practice test before the test day. Yikes.

Someone asked how long each section was. Doubt she completed a pt either.

I always want to ask this people where they want to go to school.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:30 pm

KMart wrote:
gyra15 wrote:
ElleWoods2018 wrote:I overheard a girl saying that she never completed a full practice test before the test day. Yikes.

Someone asked how long each section was. Doubt she completed a pt either.

I always want to ask this people where they want to go to school.

I asked once. She said Trinity.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Maybe it's best not to ask :cry:...

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:34 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
KMart wrote:
gyra15 wrote:
ElleWoods2018 wrote:I overheard a girl saying that she never completed a full practice test before the test day. Yikes.

Someone asked how long each section was. Doubt she completed a pt either.

I always want to ask this people where they want to go to school.

I asked once. She said Trinity.

I had to look that up to learn it was a real thing.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:40 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I had to look that up to learn it was a real thing.

It's ok. So did I. And I lived in that area for 7 years.

ChillTomG
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ChillTomG » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:07 pm

scalawag wrote:I did it for the lulz but dude is still a douche


Trailer Park Boys ftw.

1snowflake
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 1snowflake » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm

First post.

First LSAT take June 8th. PTs were coming in between 163 - 169. Hoping for the higher end of that range or a point or so better.

Nothing funny at the testing center but some time before.

I recently finished an MBA and told my academic adviser I was considering law school. He said that some years ago he wanted to go to law school, took the LSAT, scored a 172, applied to Vanderbilt and was rejected.

Here is where it gets funny. He claimed a 172 was the top score one could get. Said Vanderbilt told him they turned him down because he wasn't URM. He said he got that great score because he used to be in law enforcement. He advised me to study up on criminal justice and legal procedure. "You just have to know that stuff and you will have no problem with the test."

Good thing I know how to use the Internet, read books and think for myself.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby KMart » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:40 pm

1snowflake wrote:First post.

First LSAT take June 8th. PTs were coming in between 163 - 169. Hoping for the higher end of that range or a point or so better.

Nothing funny at the testing center but some time before.

I recently finished an MBA and told my academic adviser I was considering law school. He said that some years ago he wanted to go to law school, took the LSAT, scored a 172, applied to Vanderbilt and was rejected.

Here is where it gets funny. He claimed a 172 was the top score one could get. Said Vanderbilt told him they turned him down because he wasn't URM. He said he got that great score because he used to be in law enforcement. He advised me to study up on criminal justice and legal procedure. "You just have to know that stuff and you will have no problem with the test."

Good thing I know how to use the Internet, read books and think for myself.

Let TLS be your legal advisor. Here's one instance of why they are so ignorant of the field.

AReasonableMan
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby AReasonableMan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 pm

1snowflake wrote:First post.

First LSAT take June 8th. PTs were coming in between 163 - 169. Hoping for the higher end of that range or a point or so better.

Nothing funny at the testing center but some time before.

I recently finished an MBA and told my academic adviser I was considering law school. He said that some years ago he wanted to go to law school, took the LSAT, scored a 172, applied to Vanderbilt and was rejected.

Here is where it gets funny. He claimed a 172 was the top score one could get. Said Vanderbilt told him they turned him down because he wasn't URM. He said he got that great score because he used to be in law enforcement. He advised me to study up on criminal justice and legal procedure. "You just have to know that stuff and you will have no problem with the test."

Good thing I know how to use the Internet, read books and think for myself.

If this is true your adviser is dishonest, racist and incompetent, and should probably be retrained/reprimanded/relieved.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, dontsaywhatyoumean, DumbHollywoodActor, laqueredup and 13 guests