Overheard at the LSAT

CambrianExplosives

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby CambrianExplosives » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:17 pm

My LSAT was unusually well off. The only thing that happened was one girl didn't have a passport photo, but had some other kind of photo. They didn't kick her out, but said LSAC would likely be in touch. I didn't feel like that was laughable though and genuinely felt bad for her.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:20 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
MadwomanintheAttic wrote:Same here with the anal proctor. She kept checking and re-checking our ID as if we could some how magically transform or switch places with someone. She looked inside our bags...everyone had a see through plastic bag. She took a way a girls glue stick that she used to paste her pic and a kids can of mandarin oranges, because apparently cans and glue are prohibited.

This one girl left her ID on her desk during the break, and the proctors made a big fuss about her re-entering without it, even though she was obviously an ESL student, who had asked like 500 questions during the reading of the instructions. As if anyone would knowingly want to sneak in to the exam after a break period, and then do what? They gave her unnecessary grief ab it in my opinion.

schmelling wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
schmelling wrote:Unusual, why is hand sanitizer useless?

Schmell!! Mainly because it kills only the "weak" bacteria, and then the strong bacteria basically have a big frat party/orgy and that results in "Super Bug" progeny, bc only the "fittest" were able to reproduce...etc. etc. that's the gist of it though...warm-hot water and soap is your best friend for fighting germs :wink:

This is what I thought. I'll stick with sanitizer. I like to feel like I'm taking part in bacterial eugenics.

presumes without providing justification that using hand sanitizer is the only method available to those wanting to aid in bacterial eugenics.
Soap and hot water is still better.
http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me- ... tizer.html

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:13 pm

adil91 wrote:Girl: What schools are you considering?
Boy: Georgia State and the new John Marshall school in Savannah

Jokes on you because your tax dollars are gonna be paying off their loans.

Username123

Postby Username123 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:25 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:
adil91 wrote:Girl: What schools are you considering?
Boy: Georgia State and the new John Marshall school in Savannah

Jokes on you because your tax dollars are gonna be paying off their loans.

So depressing...

GameOfLoans

Postby GameOfLoans » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:52 pm

Dude pulled out his practice book and started asking me to help him with logic games. I told him I didn't understand, but I just didn't want to throw myself off my game.

Feel like a jerk, but I guess that's what he gets for coming unprepared?

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:04 am

That's awkward! Idk what I would have done in that situation

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:18 am

justabitunusual wrote:
gatorgirl94 wrote:
leslieknope wrote:I had someone talking about how he only needed to break 150 for a full ride at one of the local TTTs.

Most of my test center wanted to go to a local TTT, and talked a lot about how a 150 or higher is the holy grail type thing. They also didn't realize this TTT was unknown outside of the area, and they eventually freaked out when someone other than me said February was undisclosed.

We were originally all put in this classroom, and one of the girls complains to the proctor about how small the desks are. She makes a circus, and 20 minutes later, we all got moved to a room with tables. Didn't even get started til 9. :roll: And then these girls were fighting about who would get to sit alone at one of these tables, since there were 2 people per table except for one or two in the front...

That's crazy! We had a lot of ppl excited ab local TTT at my tc also... and our proctor was like, "How much does this test cost?" Someone responded: "$170" the proctor says, "Well, good thing y'all will all be rich and this will seem like nothing in a few years" and like several ppl looked like like they were thinking, "Yep, that's my plan!" Not even considering the fact that the job market sucks bad right now for almost all but T14. :roll: I just kept quiet.

there were a group of people sitting in front of me talking about the test and heard them say something about no one there is probably going to HLS bc they'd probably be taking the test in some separate room or something by themselves

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Last edited by landshoes on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ticklemesilly

Postby ticklemesilly » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:11 pm

All of you are talking about your anal proctors and meanwhile my rest center proctors didn't even look in our bags (just announcing that anyone with a cellphone should bring it to the front of the room and then 5 people coming up to surrender said phones). Then they passed out booklets in totally the wrong order (basically we had the writing sample sitting on our desk when we back from break- in the procror's words:"to save time.")

Oh and no one collected our booklets/answer sheets during break (wtf) so the just lay there in this giant lecture hall, ripe for the picking. There's more- no one was told to bring their ids out with them during break, and so 100+ people just shuffled back into the test center and parked themselves next to their test booklets (still lying out- never collected). A random stranger could have just as easily strolled into the test center, sat in someone else's chair and done the last two sections of their test for them (no one was even instructed to keep their ids on their desks after break.

Then in the giant lecture hall of 100 people we had to wait for one guy who was tracked down before we could start again after break.

Oh and the worst part-some idiot behind me had a beeping timer which went off during my logical reasoning section and went on for a good minute before I whipped around and said "can someone turn that off?" Then no one responds for another 30 seconds until a proctor from way across the lecture hall finall notices ( because they weren't walking around at all) and she starts walking over and the a-hole finally turns it off. But proceeds to use it for the rest of the sections so I hear some beeping ever once in awhile. I couldn't 100% be sure who it was otherwise I'd complain but if I was the proctor u I would have taken it upon myself to investigate.

And this was all topped off by squeaky chairs that spinned you sideways if you didn't keep your feet anchored to the floor. They squeeked incessantly during the test. Should I launch a test center complaint ?

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:12 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:All of you are talking about your anal proctors and meanwhile my rest center proctors didn't even look in our bags (just announcing that anyone with a cellphone should bring it to the front of the room and then 5 people coming up to surrender said phones). Then they passed out booklets in totally the wrong order (basically we had the writing sample sitting on our desk when we back from break- in the procror's words:"to save time.")

Oh and no one collected our booklets/answer sheets during break (wtf) so the just lay there in this giant lecture hall, ripe for the picking. There's more- no one was told to bring their ids out with them during break, and so 100+ people just shuffled back into the test center and parked themselves next to their test booklets (still lying out- never collected). A random stranger could have just as easily strolled into the test center, sat in someone else's chair and done the last two sections of their test for them (no one was even instructed to keep their ids on their desks after break.

Then in the giant lecture hall of 100 people we had to wait for one guy who was tracked down before we could start again after break.

Oh and the worst part-some idiot behind me had a beeping timer which went off during my logical reasoning section and went on for a good minute before I whipped around and said "can someone turn that off?" Then no one responds for another 30 seconds until a proctor from way across the lecture hall finall notices ( because they weren't walking around at all) and she starts walking over and the a-hole finally turns it off. But proceeds to use it for the rest of the sections so I hear some beeping ever once in awhile. I couldn't 100% be sure who it was otherwise I'd complain but if I was the proctor u I would have taken it upon myself to investigate.

And this was all topped off by squeaky chairs that spinned you sideways if you didn't keep your feet anchored to the floor. They squeeked incessantly during the test. Should I launch a test center complaint ?

There is really very little a test center complaint can do to be honest. Best case scenario is they let you cancel with free next administration of the test, and it will not count as one of your takes. So unless this is your third take, the 200 dollars is a big barrier to your attempting again, or you feel like it drastically reduced your score, I would not bother as it can delay your score release.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:17 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:All of you are talking about your anal proctors and meanwhile my rest center proctors didn't even look in our bags (just announcing that anyone with a cellphone should bring it to the front of the room and then 5 people coming up to surrender said phones). Then they passed out booklets in totally the wrong order (basically we had the writing sample sitting on our desk when we back from break- in the procror's words:"to save time.")

Wow that really sucks! I'm sorry you had to deal with that plus I hate the idea of cheaters and it pisses me off how easily people could have cheated at your TC because your proctors were completely not professional. I would have been nervous during break about leaving my test just sitting there. It would have stressed me out.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:28 pm

EvergreenStateLady wrote:

Wow that really sucks! I'm sorry you had to deal with that plus I hate the idea of cheaters and it pisses me off how easily people could have cheated at your TC because your proctors were completely not professional. I would have been nervous during break about leaving my test just sitting there. It would have stressed me out.

I agree with the others about the complaining. You could make a complaint to the test center itself, but if you're really concerned you could call LSAC and see what they advise you to do. If you don't mind waiting an extra week for them to investigate the situation and get back with you. It's my understanding too that if you make a complaint, you are allowed to cancel your score any point up until they contact you.

We also surprisingly had to leave our booklets out during the break, which made me nervous, but we had only like 26 ppl taking the test and the proctors were vigilant so that helped me to think that they were safer.

adil91

Postby adil91 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Some girl was talking about a partner at the law firm she works for saying that he went to UF with a 169 and that's the highest LSAT score that UF law student has ever had. This girl completely bought it. :roll:

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:14 pm

adil91 wrote:Some girl was talking about a partner at the law firm she works for saying that he went to UF with a 169 and that's the highest LSAT score that UF law student has ever had. This girl completely bought it. :roll:

Given that their 75th percentile is a 161 now, I don't see how this really warrants an eye roll, especially considering things used to be less competitive back in the day.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:15 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
adil91 wrote:Some girl was talking about a partner at the law firm she works for saying that he went to UF with a 169 and that's the highest LSAT score that UF law student has ever had. This girl completely bought it. :roll:

Given that their 75th percentile is a 161 now, I don't see how this really warrants an eye roll, especially considering things used to be less competitive back in the day.

EVER had is probably very false, but 169 may have been the higher score in his incoming class or something.

GameOfLoans

Postby GameOfLoans » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:22 pm

I've seen high 70s get into lower tier schools with a virtually non existent gpa, so it seems unlikely that no one in the history of that school has not outdone 169.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:24 pm

GameOfLoans wrote:I've seen high 70s get into lower tier schools with a virtually non existent gpa, so it seems unlikely that no one in the history of that school has not outdone 169.

And in the very unlikely chance that it was true, why would you want to go to a school with that sort of reputation?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:27 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
GameOfLoans wrote:I've seen high 70s get into lower tier schools with a virtually non existent gpa, so it seems unlikely that no one in the history of that school has not outdone 169.

And in the very unlikely chance that it was true, why would you want to go to a school with that sort of reputation?

Because the majority of people entering law school are unaware of just how precarious it is.
People with super low GPA's are unlikely to have better law school options anyways.
And cuz Floridians are a special group.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Dirigo wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:

Because the majority of people entering law school are unaware of just how precarious it is.
People with super low GPA's are unlikely to have better law school options anyways.

It really does scare/amazes me (maybe it should't?) that ppl planning to go to law school, a field I would say is pretty research intensive/driven don't actually research...it's kinda sad...and it's also sad to me when I tell ppl I'm studying for the lsat and they're all like, "Wow, you're smart!!" and then I have to explain why it's actually one of the dumber things ppl can do nowadays, and then sit there and watch their faces turn in confusion...anyway

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Dirigo wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:

I mean, just look at the many schools, and the tiny market.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Someone should point out to him this is a dumb thing to brag about since it means the rest of his credentials were such shit he couldn't get into a good school.

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:44 pm

The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:04 pm

nothingtosee wrote:
The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

This is a good 666th post.

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:19 am

Last edited by NL2424 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:13 am

Dirigo wrote:And cuz Floridians are a special group.

Them's fightin words

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”