Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:27 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Tbf we're all fuck ups if we're doing law school


+1

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2384
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:31 pm

One of my proctors actually had the siri sound play on their phone during the test.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby leslieknope » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:35 pm

I had someone talking about how he only needed to break 150 for a full ride at one of the local TTTs, but my favorite was the T14 gunner who decided to rank the T14s in order of who has the most stoners while we were all waiting in line. Cornell won by a mile, but apparently the HLS Environmental Law Review types do pretty well for themselves too.

MadwomanintheAttic
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby MadwomanintheAttic » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Guy didn't know February was undisclosed until I told him. He seemed genuinely depressed that he'll never see the questions again or know what he did wrong since this was his "practice test"

philanono
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby philanono » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:49 pm

guy right next to me: "if the sharpener is allowed outside on our desks, that means you can use it right? during test?"
proctor: "you could use it, but if it'll cause a distraction, I suggest you don't"
guy right next to me: "well.....i don't think it's gonna be as distracting as it already is, so it won't be so loud..."

**** DEATH STARES FROM EVERYONE IN THE ROOM****

one guy stood up hand him a bunch of sharpened pencils, insisting he takes them LOL. at first he was hesitant to take the pencils, but the other guy kept insisting, so he definitely got the point.

and everyone was relieved LOL

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby LawsRUs » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:57 pm

One kid forgot his reading glasses, made a flipping scene,

...the proctor let him borrow her glasses LOL :lol:

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby LawsRUs » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Another kid raises her hand, "Is this a computerized test?"
Proctor: "No."
She raises her hand again, "Has this ever been a computerized test?"
Proctor: "..."

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:22 pm

MadwomanintheAttic wrote:Guy didn't know February was undisclosed until I told him. He seemed genuinely depressed that he'll never see the questions again or know what he did wrong since this was his "practice test"


Had the same talk with a girl at my tc....and also a girl who had to run to walgreens to get a passport photo, and only bc a kid who was not allowed entrance to the last one given noticed her paper without it and told her. She luckily made it back in time.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Proctor: "We have spare pencils, tissues, and hand sanitizer up here in the front if you need it"

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby chuckbass » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:47 pm

justabitunusual wrote:Proctor: "We have spare pencils, tissues, and hand sanitizer up here in the front if you need it"

Measles bro.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:51 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:Proctor: "We have spare pencils, tissues, and hand sanitizer up here in the front if you need it"

Measles bro.

and ebola
and AIDS
oh my!

eta: as someone w a biology background, (and someone who otherwise reads) hand sanitizer is utterly pointless, unless you live in a third world country with no running water, and even then idk

dolphinsareevil
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby dolphinsareevil » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Not something I overheard but my proctor had his shirt buttons open down to like half his chest :shock:

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:03 pm

dolphinsareevil wrote:Not something I overheard but my proctor had his shirt buttons open down to like half his chest :shock:


literally just lol'd...sorry for that experience

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Our proctor was a bit of an anal retentive control freak...he'd hand out the papers to his "helpers" to pass out and as they would walk to start passing them out, Proctor: "Hold On, Hold On, Hold on!!" They stopped, and waited and he's still "Hold on! Hold On! Hold ON!!"

Someone asked if they could take a sip of water before the start of the test, and he says, "Yeah, I guess..." she starts to get her water bottle out, "I mean, I probably shouldn't" She stops, and then he looks at the other proctor helpers and says, "Ok, well as long as we monitor them sip their water it should be ok" and then let everyone who wanted a sip get one. CHILLthfo is all I could think

The Avatar
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby The Avatar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:21 pm

TetrisBlock wrote:Ugh, I like the stories of people who don't study at all and brag about it, but I hate when people study and do poorly. My test center is small (10-15 people) and a lot of them were talking about having watched 7sage videos, having done the entire powerscore logic games bible front to back, and were talking about the different game types. One of those guys at the break told me he didn't get to the last game, which is typical for him, and that if he had unlimited time he might, maybe, do better. After the test he said that he didn't know that there were 5 sections of the test and that maybe that was why he had a 150 on the practice tests because he thought there was only 4 sections.
I think in general it made me feel like shit, because there weren't any people who obviously slacked and yet everyone was talking about 160 as being the promised land and what you needed for Georgia State vs Mercer. There were at least a couple who were talking about mid 160s though so that was good. The test seemed pretty easy so hopefully some of them were surprised with scores in the 160s and they get scholarships to the schools they're looking at. I know that it probably still isn't a great idea, but at least they'd have lower debt at graduation.


In Canada a 160+ is pretty much the promised land for most regular applicants with decent GPAs. There are only like 20 law schools total in this country so they are harder to get into; GPA plays a much bigger role than LSAT score.

I am however tired of the people who feel like the LSAT is entitled to them. They use all the wrong study guides (Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc.) and wonder why they score in the 140s and 150s. No funny stories at my TC but there were a lot of people who didn't look like they knew what they were doing. People here study for a few weeks to maybe a month or two for the LSAT.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:31 pm

The Avatar wrote:In Canada



That pretty much sums it up...lol...but seriously, I think GPA should be weighted more here

gatorgirl94
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby gatorgirl94 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:37 pm

leslieknope wrote:I had someone talking about how he only needed to break 150 for a full ride at one of the local TTTs.


Most of my test center wanted to go to a local TTT, and talked a lot about how a 150 or higher is the holy grail type thing. They also didn't realize this TTT was unknown outside of the area, and they eventually freaked out when someone other than me said February was undisclosed.

We were originally all put in this classroom, and one of the girls complains to the proctor about how small the desks are. She makes a circus, and 20 minutes later, we all got moved to a room with tables. Didn't even get started til 9. :roll: And then these girls were fighting about who would get to sit alone at one of these tables, since there were 2 people per table except for one or two in the front...

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:46 pm

gatorgirl94 wrote:
leslieknope wrote:I had someone talking about how he only needed to break 150 for a full ride at one of the local TTTs.


Most of my test center wanted to go to a local TTT, and talked a lot about how a 150 or higher is the holy grail type thing. They also didn't realize this TTT was unknown outside of the area, and they eventually freaked out when someone other than me said February was undisclosed.

We were originally all put in this classroom, and one of the girls complains to the proctor about how small the desks are. She makes a circus, and 20 minutes later, we all got moved to a room with tables. Didn't even get started til 9. :roll: And then these girls were fighting about who would get to sit alone at one of these tables, since there were 2 people per table except for one or two in the front...


That's crazy! We had a lot of ppl excited ab local TTT at my tc also... and our proctor was like, "How much does this test cost?" Someone responded: "$170" the proctor says, "Well, good thing y'all will all be rich and this will seem like nothing in a few years" and like several ppl looked like like they were thinking, "Yep, that's my plan!" Not even considering the fact that the job market sucks bad right now for almost all but T14. :roll: I just kept quiet.

gatorgirl94
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby gatorgirl94 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:49 pm

The proctor then told the girl who made a huge stink about the tables how she'll be a great lawyer and the proctor then said she can't wait to visit all of us in our law offices.

...a friend of mine then mumbled to me that there's no way that girl would be going to law school. Her entire life goal hinged on a 150 and the TTT.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:54 pm

gatorgirl94 wrote:The proctor then told the girl who made a huge stink about the tables how she'll be a great lawyer and the proctor then said she can't wait to visit all of us in our law offices.

...a friend of mine then mumbled to me that there's no way that girl would be going to law school. Her entire life goal hinged on a 150 and the TTT.


smh...people of walmart

schmelling wrote:Unusual, why is hand sanitizer useless?


Schmell!! Mainly because it kills only the "weak" bacteria, and then the strong bacteria basically have a big frat party/orgy and that results in "Super Bug" progeny, bc only the "fittest" were able to reproduce...etc. etc. that's the gist of it though...warm-hot water and soap is your best friend for fighting germs :wink:
Last edited by justabitunusual on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadwomanintheAttic
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby MadwomanintheAttic » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:54 pm

justabitunusual wrote:Our proctor was a bit of an anal retentive control freak...he'd hand out the papers to his "helpers" to pass out and as they would walk to start passing them out, Proctor: "Hold On, Hold On, Hold on!!" They stopped, and waited and he's still "Hold on! Hold On! Hold ON!!"

Someone asked if they could take a sip of water before the start of the test, and he says, "Yeah, I guess..." she starts to get her water bottle out, "I mean, I probably shouldn't" She stops, and then he looks at the other proctor helpers and says, "Ok, well as long as we monitor them sip their water it should be ok" and then let everyone who wanted a sip get one. CHILLthfo is all I could think


Same here with the anal proctor. She kept checking and re-checking our ID as if we could some how magically transform or switch places with someone. She looked inside our bags...everyone had a see through plastic bag. She took a way a girls glue stick that she used to paste her pic and a kids can of mandarin oranges, because apparently cans and glue are prohibited.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strangely Appealing
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Strangely Appealing » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:01 pm

hand sanitizer is utterly pointless


Teens Getting Drunk on Hand Sanitizer (caution: news vid plays automatically)
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... sanitizer/

Vodka's 80-proof; sanitizer, 120-proof. Don't let proctors palm off foam sanitizers on you, though. You'll be looking like a rabid raccoon before you get so much as a buzz on. Insist on gel every time and pass it back instead of over so you don't have a drunk tablemate distracting your suddenly more confident self from achieving your rightful 179.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:11 pm

MadwomanintheAttic wrote:Same here with the anal proctor. She kept checking and re-checking our ID as if we could some how magically transform or switch places with someone. She looked inside our bags...everyone had a see through plastic bag. She took a way a girls glue stick that she used to paste her pic and a kids can of mandarin oranges, because apparently cans and glue are prohibited.


This one girl left her ID on her desk during the break, and the proctors made a big fuss about her re-entering without it, even though she was obviously an ESL student, who had asked like 500 questions during the reading of the instructions. As if anyone would knowingly want to sneak in to the exam after a break period, and then do what? They gave her unnecessary grief ab it in my opinion.

schmelling wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
schmelling wrote:Unusual, why is hand sanitizer useless?


Schmell!! Mainly because it kills only the "weak" bacteria, and then the strong bacteria basically have a big frat party/orgy and that results in "Super Bug" progeny, bc only the "fittest" were able to reproduce...etc. etc. that's the gist of it though...warm-hot water and soap is your best friend for fighting germs :wink:


This is what I thought. I'll stick with sanitizer. I like to feel like I'm taking part in bacterial eugenics.


presumes without providing justification that using hand sanitizer is the only method available to those wanting to aid in bacterial eugenics.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, cocotruffles and 5 guests