Overheard at the LSAT

Ron Don Volante

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm

wtf happened here

danger come on you really think it's reasonable that someone who legit prepared for this should have to accommodate the tard next to them who neglected to bring a watch/can't use the clock? That's really silly.

Back on topic pls

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Ron Don Volante wrote:wtf happened here

danger come on you really think it's reasonable that someone who legit prepared for this should have to accommodate the tard next to them who neglected to bring a watch/can't use the clock? That's really silly.

Back on topic pls

By sliding their watch over a couple inches? Yeah that's totally reasonable and certainly nothing to be like OMG U GAIZ about.

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:46 pm

wtf this thread.

Certainly bolsters "law students are the worst." meme

hairbear7

Postby hairbear7 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:47 pm

This is a meaningful and germane discussion.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Ron Don Volante wrote:
Back on topic pls

LSATneurotic

Postby LSATneurotic » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Anytime a thread devolves into pointless bickering, TLS improves. Way to go danger zone: you got them to bite.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:27 pm

LSATneurotic wrote:Anytime a thread devolves into pointless bickering, TLS improves. Way to go danger zone: you got them to bite.

It's really too easy in the on topics.

North

Postby North » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:53 am

lol dz trolled us so good

for like an hour there i really though he was just a dumb goober repeatedly doubling down on a shitty opinion after a tls dogpile didn't go the way he expected

rbrown0824

Postby rbrown0824 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:59 am

When Proctor asks if there are any remaining questions, girl raises hand:

Girl: Are you gonna tell us when we have five minutes left?
Proctor: yes, there will be a five minute warning
Girl: Will you also tell us when we have 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute and thirty seconds, 1 minute, and thirty seconds left?
Proctor: (looking annoyed) No
Girl: well can you? My friend took it in Setember and said that's what his proctor did.
Proctor: No, that's what this huge clock is for up front

Guy raises hand: You said no mechanical pencils?
Proctor: That's correct
Guy: Well can I borrow one (holds up a fist full of literally 15 mechanical pencils).

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:02 am

North wrote:lol dz trolled us so good

for like an hour there i really though he was just a dumb goober repeatedly doubling down on a shitty opinion after a tls dogpile didn't go the way he expected

I wasn't trolling and I stand by my awesome opinion.

Skywalker001

Postby Skywalker001 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:32 am

Sharing is caring.

Lying Lawyer

Postby Lying Lawyer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:51 am

Wow, some of these stories really made me laugh. If this test is that important to you how do you not know some of this stuff. Even my wife laughed at this because she knows more than they do, just by virtue of it being important to me. I guess it's really not a priority to them. At a school recruitment event one of the students we spoke to, told me the LSAT is more of a test of how badly you want to go to law school. A few years back when I made my first attempt, there was this really hot chick in line behind mean she was mad that registration was taking so long. She might not be able to finish the exam without missing her flight to go on vacation with her boyfriend. Other than that most people seemed to have studied. One girl was freaking out over the games. She said that games was her best section and one game was extremely difficult and she didn't answer one question on it. If I recall correctly there were many complaints at the time on this page about that specific game. On the break one guy asked me how much I had studied and if I had any inclination which was my experimental. Unless it's changed it was always before the break back then. After the exam a few students in my same room were discussing the test and a few of the questions. In the group everyone seemed to have studied a fair amount. Everyone had put in a few months. Some more than others as some also worked and went to school but over all it seemed as most of the chatter was people taking it seriously.

JLM268

Postby JLM268 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Guy raises his hand before the test beings.

"uhh I have my phone in my pocket what should I do about that."

The proctor takes him outside for a few minutes, there seems to be feverish discussion. They come back in he sits down. Then like 3 minutes later some other lady walks in and points him out and says he needs to go.

Dude goes full whopper freak out.
"YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN A KIDS LIFE OVER A PHONE!?!?!"

I think he's about to cry. Scratch that he definitely cried when he left the room.

I think he deserved it for wearing a Italia hoodie that was complete Italian flag colors. Also after having been told like 10 times no phones, and having signed a certified statement saying he doesn't have a phone I'm pretty sure he deserved it...
Last edited by JLM268 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jw316

Postby jw316 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:23 pm

JLM268 wrote:Guy raises his hand before the test beings.

The proctor takes him outside for a few minutes, there seems to be feverish discussion. They come back in he sits down. Then like 3 minutes later some other lady walks in and points him out and says he needs to go. Dude goes full whopper freak out.

I think he's about to cry. Scratch that he definitely cried when he left the room. I think he deserved it for wearing a Italia hoodie that was complete Italian flag colors. Also after having been told like 1 times no phones, and having signed a certified statement saying he doesn't have a phone I'm pretty sure he deserved it...

For clarification who freaked out at the lady? The italia hoodie kid or the proctor?

JLM268

Postby JLM268 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:36 pm

jw316 wrote:
JLM268 wrote:Guy raises his hand before the test beings.

The proctor takes him outside for a few minutes, there seems to be feverish discussion. They come back in he sits down. Then like 3 minutes later some other lady walks in and points him out and says he needs to go. Dude goes full whopper freak out.

I think he's about to cry. Scratch that he definitely cried when he left the room. I think he deserved it for wearing a Italia hoodie that was complete Italian flag colors. Also after having been told like 1 times no phones, and having signed a certified statement saying he doesn't have a phone I'm pretty sure he deserved it...

For clarification who freaked out at the lady? The italia hoodie kid or the proctor?

Sorry about that Italia hoodie went insane. I'll clear it up

greenapples

Postby greenapples » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:22 pm

TC was a bit of a disaster.

First, I have a question: Is it normal to have 4 proctors for 38 people? I had 4, all sitting at the front, all pacing up and down the aisle during each section. Are they supposed to do that?

I think this long tale would be best told chronologically.

A guy announces at 8:50ish that they would start checking. Since no one is admitted to go to the bathroom after they enter the room, at least until the break, he advised that people should go. People line up. We get checked in, and we're all seated by 9:15ish. There are four proctors, and while proctor A is unwrapping the test materials, A asks B and C to count how many people are in the room. Neither B nor C could get it right, and their numbers don't match. A jokingly tells B and C to go down the aisle and do duck duck goose. At this point, few of us laughed probably because 1) we didn't want to be mean, 2) we are all just anxious. At this point, A tells us-- "I'm just as nervous as you guys all are, but wait until you guys start the test!" Okay. Thanks for getting us all anxious.

At this point, it's way past 9:30. When we were lining up to get into the classroom before, we saw people in other classroom already filling out bubbles for identification, etc. So we are all wondering when the heck we're going to start the test. B and C still can't get the number of people in the room, so A gives them last chance, and says that we would have to do a roll call if this fails. Thankfully, B and C get it right (38 people).

Then A suddenly announces that before we give test materials, they need to collect our LSAT tickets. One girl raises her hand and explains why A can't do that (we need our LSAC account number) and A looks back into the prompt, and says oh yeah! you're right. It's past 9:50 and we really just want to start our test. Some people raised their hand if they can go to the bathroom before proctors were giving out test booklets, and A says we can't do that. But we can go to the bathroom as soon as section 1 starts. I mean, she's right, but many people wouldn't have had to go to the bathroom if we got started promptly, and they would have been able to hold it off until the break.

After sooooo much hassle, they finally give those out, and suddenly, A interjects and stops D from helping B collect our registration tickets. D is not supposed do that because it's against the rule, A says. B and C are suuuper slow in doing everything, and because our rows are so narrow, they keep bumping into us. But whatever. A repeats some mundane rule like 3 times, and I suddenly get this feeling that I have to pee a little as well. It was past 10am. We still didn't start our test. Proctor tells us to put everything to the next table (including our watch, eraser, ID) when we're filling out our writing signing thing, and then tells us to put that to the other table, and put our pencil and watch on this table now.

We finally start around 10:15am. As you would expect, bunch of people left at the beginning of section 1 to go to the bathroom. I don't blame test takers going to the bathroom, nor am I distracted by the "sounds" they make. Rather, even when section 1 started, proctor keeps talking a loud to people who are going to the bathroom, and slams the door, open, then slams it back again at least 10 times. It already bothers me that I have four proctors sitting at the podium, and proctors walking around the room row by row during each section. They were loud every time each section started, and they keep walking in and out of the room during each section, making a loud slam noise.

When we finish our 5th section, proctor A cannot count, and says they have to manually match the names up (scantron answer sheet and question booklet) since the numbers don't match up. Another proctor interrupts to tell her that he saw her count wrong (she forgot to count one), but she says ok. but I have to manually match it up now.

So at the end, we get out of the test super late, and when I was chatting with some people during the break, they were mad that they had to go to the bathroom in the beginning of section 1-- if proctors did their job efficiently and we got started no later than 9:30am, many people would have been fine.

The most frustrating part is that those proctors were all so nice, so it was impossible for any of us to get really angry at them. But they weren't doing their job well.

churrochi

Postby churrochi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:31 pm

"All I need's a 151."

"My top school is Touro."

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Peta wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:

Back on topic pls

By sliding their watch over a couple inches? Yeah that's totally reasonable and certainly nothing to be like OMG U GAIZ about.

It wasn't a couple of inches, it was a couple of feet. Nice try.

THE HORROR

Sheriff

Postby Sheriff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:10 pm

So many pleasant future law students ITT.

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:16 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Loling DZ good pick good pick

fats provolone

Postby fats provolone » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:37 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Peta wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:

Back on topic pls

It wasn't a couple of inches, it was a couple of feet. Nice try.

THE HORROR

NICE TRY.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Peta wrote:It wasn't a "horror," was simply worth mentioning on Overhead at the LSAT because I don't think sharing watches on the freaking LSAT makes a lot of sense (considering how big everyone is about not cheating, distancing yourselves from your neighbors, etc.) ByeFelicia.

SIMPLY MAKING OBSERVATIONS

mr.plum

Postby mr.plum » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:49 pm

you know you are seriously sleep deprived when you read the highlighted sentence as:
"No, that's what this huge c*ck is for up front"

oh gawd.. :shock:

rbrown0824 wrote:When Proctor asks if there are any remaining questions, girl raises hand:

Girl: Are you gonna tell us when we have five minutes left?
Proctor: yes, there will be a five minute warning
Girl: Will you also tell us when we have 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute and thirty seconds, 1 minute, and thirty seconds left?
Proctor: (looking annoyed) No
Girl: well can you? My friend took it in Setember and said that's what his proctor did.
Proctor: No, that's what this huge clock is for up front

Guy raises hand: You said no mechanical pencils?
Proctor: That's correct
Guy: Well can I borrow one (holds up a fist full of literally 15 mechanical pencils).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”