Overheard at the LSAT

Rigo

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:12 pm

The proctors at my place told those who had phones to turn them off and put them on the table in the front of the room. They said if anyone was found to have a phone after that, then their test would be invalidated.

Less debate, more funny stories. And by more, I mean please start telling funny stories. Shit's been lame this cycle.

I wish I had a good story but the best I have is a lame:
Girl 1: what's your dream reach school?
Girl 2: I'm really hoping I score high enough for CUNY Queens because it's the best school in the country for social justice law.

One girl also refused to remove her hat. It was really awkward. We all watched as she privately talked to the proctor for three minutes. She finally removed her hat but kept trying to put it back on after the sections only to repeatedly get told to knock it off. She was also the only person who forgot to write that little certifying statement paragraph so we all had to wait for her to do it at the very end of the test.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Dirigo wrote:One girl also refused to remove her hat. It was really awkward. We all watched as she privately talked to the proctor for three minutes. She finally removed her hat but kept trying to put it back on after the sections only to repeatedly get told to knock it off. She was also the only person who forgot to write that little certifying statement paragraph so we all had to wait for her to do it at the very end of the test.

Harvard bound. ...But actually.

I agree. Boring stories this cycle. I guess less idiots are taking the test. Shame.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:08 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Brut wrote:um no

lsac writes in large, bolded, red letters, preceded by "IMPORTANT" in all caps, that you cannot bring a cell phone into the testing center starting from the very moment you arrive

if she didn't get the message from that, she's a fucking idiot, and she's being justly punished for her idiocy

btw, law school is all about extracting and applying rules
i have a feeling she's better off having not taken it

I don't know where this girl took the test, but from taking the MPRE in Evanston (riding the CTA an hour up from Chicago), it's a really uncomfortable feeling to travel around a big city on public transport without a phone. I'd argue that it's potentially unsafe and that turning a phone completely off should be plenty good for LSAC.

Small town girl here, but don't the stations usually have some kind of lockers?

Maybe an amtrak station, but the CTA is just the subway/elevated train and bus system in Chicago. The stations don't have amenities.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Dirigo wrote: One girl also refused to remove her hat. It was really awkward. We all watched as she privately talked to the proctor for three minutes. She finally removed her hat but kept trying to put it back on after the sections only to repeatedly get told to knock it off. She was also the only person who forgot to write that little certifying statement paragraph so we all had to wait for her to do it at the very end of the test.

This happened at my TC - this really big black dude had a hat on and the proctor, while we were lined up outside the room for check in, asked him to take it off. Dude looked at him and said "Yo, hop off my nuts, I'll take it off when I get inside."

He never took it off.

I tried to tune out some of the side chatter during break and line up. Nothing really crazy happened this time.

When the proctor asked if anyone had any questions before we began, a guy in the back asked "Are you going to announce when we have 5 minutes left?" And this other girl yelled out "OMG!! That's an excellent question!!"

Which I guess it was but like :roll:

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Peta wrote:Person sitting next to me: "I forgot my watch, so could you move yours closer to me so I could use it??" :roll:

Remove stick from anus

LFCNY9

Postby LFCNY9 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Two frat bros in front of me during lineup before entering the testing room:
"Dude, if there's a God please let the games all be just sequencing."
"Yes bro, that would literally be the best thing ever".

Then once in the room a man probably in his 40s in a leather jacket who was already seated, and who felt the need to talk to just about every person who passed by him in line, engaged in a discussion with said frat bros (who continued talking about how hard and annoying the LSAT is) about looking into schools that don't require the LSAT at all. To them joking that you would have to go to school in the Caribbean or something if you didn't take the LSAT, he impressively started listing US school after school that did not require it. He then said, better yet, that some states don't even require a JD at all. As if I wasn't already curious as to what this man's life story was and what led him here, this certainly added to the mystique, and also added the question, why the eff is this dude sitting for the test that he's clearly convinced is unnecessary?

Anyway, I found it to be all pretty amusing and it actually helped me relax as I waited to be checked in.

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Post removed...

North

Postby North » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Peta wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:
Peta wrote:Person sitting next to me: "I forgot my watch, so could you move yours closer to me so I could use it??" :roll:

Remove stick from anus

Moving my watch close to her would totes change my setup, which she knew, and I wasn't comfortable with that. Everyone should just make sure they bring their own stuff for the LSAT *shrugs*

Don't worry, danger zone is a moron and you were in the right

hairbear7

Postby hairbear7 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:34 pm

I've been lurking this thread for a while but I need to contribute because my TC was a shitshow.

1. There was a large group of friends all taking it together and this one girl asks, "Do you know how much time there is in between sections? I wasn't sure so I've been practicing with 5 minute breaks." The other people in the group weren't sure…

2. Didn't even start checking in until 8:50 and the old man checking our ID was making small talk with everyone. "Oh you're from city x, ya know I've been there with my wife before and loved it!" "Your hair looks different, what made you want to change your style?" Took forever to get everyone in the room…

3. Dude in line was wearing a Power Balance bracelet. The proctor asked the guy what it was and why he was wearing it. "It helps me balance." :shock:

4. We are all finally seated by 9:15, and before the main proctor guy started reading all of the official LSAC rules, and before we were given our packets, the old proctor guy decided to lecture us for 10-15 minutes about cheating. Holy shit.

5. Main proctor is reading the directions and tells us that there will be a 15 minute break after section 3, and the older proctor asks him when the second break is. They go back and forth for FIVE MINUTES arguing about whether or not there is a second break during the test.

Starting the test at 9:30 sucks :/

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:39 pm

North wrote:
Peta wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:

Remove stick from anus

Moving my watch close to her would totes change my setup, which she knew, and I wasn't comfortable with that. Everyone should just make sure they bring their own stuff for the LSAT *shrugs*

Don't worry, danger zone is a moron and you were in the right

You both are what's wrong with law students. No fucking sense of anything outside of yourself and your own weird little phobias.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Danger Zone wrote:You both are what's wrong with law students. No fucking sense of anything outside of yourself and your own weird little phobias.
I wouldn't want anyone looking down at stuff in my desk area, and I wouldn't want to move my watch over far enough that it might seem like I was looking over at their desk area. Too many of the proctors are retarded and would throw you out for cheating.

North

Postby North » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Danger Zone wrote:You both are what's wrong with law students. No fucking sense of anything outside of yourself and your own weird little phobias.

*Danger Zone to rando during law school final* "hey i hope you aren't a selfish fuck and don't have any weird phobias because i forgot my outline and casebook, so can you slide yours over closer to me so I can look at them"

Postby 03152016 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:47 pm

North wrote:danger zone is a moron

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Post removed...

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Hey can I borrow a pencil?

NO I SHARPENED ALL OF THESE FOR ME, ME I TELLS YA. KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF MY TICONDEROGAS

North

Postby North » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Hey can I borrow a pencil?

NO I SHARPENED ALL OF THESE FOR ME, ME I TELLS YA. KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF MY TICONDEROGAS

B. Assumes that sharing one or two of many pencils is equal in potential detriment to LSAT performance to making one's watch more difficult to see during the administration, especially considering that proper time management is the most important part of doing well on the exam.

hill1334

Postby hill1334 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Poor analogy. Too many relevant differences.

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Really guys? But we let this go
North wrote:

*Danger Zone to rando during law school final* "hey i hope you aren't a selfish fuck and don't have any weird phobias because i forgot my outline and casebook, so can you slide yours over closer to me so I can look at them"

This analogy is also poor.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm

North wrote:

B. Assumes that sharing one or two of many pencils is equal in potential detriment to LSAT performance to making one's watch more difficult to see during the administration, especially considering that proper time management is the most important part of doing well on the exam.

Also aren't you a law student now? Hop off the lsat shtick you fucking nerd.

North

Postby North » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Also aren't you a law student now? Hop off the lsat shtick you fucking nerd.

what's an LSAT schtick IGF?

North

Postby North » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:23 pm

If you mean I remember enough about the lsat to know why you giving the rando poster above a hard time was just high horse masturbatory bullshit on your part, then yeah okay that's an lsat schtick

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:32 pm

North wrote:If you mean I remember enough about the lsat to know why you giving the rando poster above a hard time was just high horse masturbatory bullshit on your part, then yeah okay that's an lsat schtick

Chicago suits you

North

Postby North » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:40 pm

This just in

Princeton Review ranks rutgers camden law #1 for sharing and caring

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”