Overheard at the LSAT

DearCan

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 am

There was a girl I talked to before the test that was all sweaty and kept telling me how nervous she was, almost to the point of freaking out. I was doing my best to comfort her, and then she told me she had barely studied. I was extremely confused.

mb87

Postby mb87 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Last edited by mb87 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

two_wheels_good

Postby two_wheels_good » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:34 pm

minnbills wrote:Yeah I don't know if I've ever been in such a 'serious' environment before. I chatted with one guy afterwards but nobody and I mean NOBODY exchanged any sort of words/pleasantries etc. through the ordeal. Very strange.

There were 3 hotties in my testing room though.

This. Including the bit about the hotties.
No one spoke in the test room the entire time, except one girl who complained the guy next to her was sighing every 30 seconds. I cou'dn't have asked for a better testing environment.

lolol10

Postby lolol10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Proctor: ok so you MUST use a number 2 or HB pencil for the exam.
i look over at kid with mechanical pencil, he looks back and shrugs.

later on during the ws of the exam....

Kid sitting next to me: Excuse me, is it ok if i use a pen for this part of the exam.
Proctor: umm yeah, well the language is ambiguous so yeah you can, i dont see why not.

a few mins later as proctor reads rules:
Proctor:YOU MUST use a number 2 or HB pencil for this part of the exam. Hmm, well if you only have a pen you can use that umm yeah you can use a pen if thats all you have.

everyone laughs

Proctor: whats funny?
Random kid in the room: well wouldnt you need to have a pencil to take the exam? why would someone only have a pen?
Proctor: ....

akili

Postby akili » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:37 pm

The guy in the row next to me (and up one) kept turning around and trying to make eye contact with me. I could not for the life of me figure out what he wanted. And then he got up and left after the second game section. Whoops.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:41 pm

At least he didn't tap his foot in the next stall.

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:50 pm

incompetentia wrote:At least he didn't tap his foot in the next stall.

Would that have been inappropriate?

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:52 pm

akili wrote:The guy in the row next to me (and up one) kept turning around and trying to make eye contact with me. I could not for the life of me figure out what he wanted. And then he got up and left after the second game section. Whoops.

I think he wanted some comfort. To let him know that the world is still spinning. Or maybe he was hitting on you.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:08 pm

DearCan wrote:My proctor read "erasures" as "erasers".

OMG so did mine. Where do they find these people?

Wait, I know the answer. Craigslist. And I am so serious. I saw an old ad yesterday while looking for a job. SMH

jfb

Postby jfb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:08 pm

kwais wrote:the best thing I heard, by far.

Girl 1 "I looked on Emory's website and they said they were accepting applications for 2014. That means they have a 3 year waiting list, JUST TO APPLY!"

Girl 2 "That makes sense, I think a lot of the top schools are that way"

Awesome!

That's pretty good. I really like girl 2's thoughtful response.

I was sort of blown away by how many people in my testing area were struggling with filling in the bubbles for test form, testing center, etc. before the exam even started - there was confusion to the point where a proctor had to pull up a chair next to a girl to walk her through the directions.

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Overheard in law school this a.m.:

2 Hastings students discussing how they want to get Yale LLMs and become law professors. As you can see, the bullshit doesnt end with the LSAT.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Some kid in my exam took in an automatic pencil and asked the proctor to throw it out.

Not that amusing but my experience was smooth.

akili

Postby akili » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Ragged wrote:
akili wrote:The guy in the row next to me (and up one) kept turning around and trying to make eye contact with me. I could not for the life of me figure out what he wanted. And then he got up and left after the second game section. Whoops.

I think he wanted some comfort. To let him know that the world is still spinning. Or maybe he was hitting on you.

I think hitting on me would've been less creepy. Especially during the break when he kept lurking by me. I almost said something to him, but my granola bar was pretty time consuming.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:12 pm

akili wrote:
Ragged wrote:

I think hitting on me would've been less creepy. Especially during the break when he kept lurking by me. I almost said something to him, but my granola bar was pretty time consuming.

Maybe that's why he left in the middle, cuz he couldn't focus cuz of you.

Pics.

Cromartie

Postby Cromartie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Ragged wrote:
akili wrote:
Ragged wrote:

Pics.

Request for pics seconded.

akili

Postby akili » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Pics.

But I don't have any of just my boobs, and I hear that's what TLS guys like...

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 pm

akili wrote:

Pics.

But I don't have any of just my boobs, and I hear that's what TLS guys like...

You also know how desparate most TLSers are, so you should know that we'll take anything we can get.

rso11

Postby rso11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:
rso11 wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:They just scream ORM.

I'm Asian and I think I'm racist against Asians.
But seriously folks, we're everywhere once you get this high. Except in the arts. (I must have been the only Asian in my program...)

+1 for both lol

Depends on what you mean by Asian. I consider my self to be Asian.[/quote]

And? Are you in the arts or something?[/quote]

What i mean is are you including south asian? If, so, then we are not quite as apparent in the legal field.[/quote]

Dude I have no idea what NJ's parameters for 'asian' were. Though granted, "asian" in the states generally means east asian. Ah! You got me there though - cause there are way more south asians in the arts than east asians, at least in literature. East asian authors are generally crappy.

rso11

Postby rso11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:31 pm

incompetentia wrote:
tazmolover wrote:This is because most Asians are too smart to become lawyers.

I'm pretty sure we are the dumb ones.

If I were headed to anything that vaguely smelled of corporate by going to law school, I wouldn't be here, that's for sure.

(Fun fact: My parents STILL want me to go to med school, five years and three majors after I told them I was getting out of the natural sciences.)

+1

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 pm

You guys are a bunch of meanies.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:33 pm

akili wrote:
Ragged wrote:

I hope that's a self tar because it's one hot bitch!

rso11

Postby rso11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:34 pm

tazmolover wrote:
By what you're saying, it seems like you're implying that there's something inherently more intelligent in pursuing a degree in mathematics, or medicine, or another field more typical of asians to pursue. But there isn't, so I don't believe your implication is correct.
Anyway, I've lived in Asia for a long time. I see lots of asians all the time. I have private students who are engineers. One of my students, a really good example of what I'm trying to get across, went to Kaist. If you're Korean you've probably heard of it. It's the top technical college in Korea. He is constantly impressed by the verbal abilities of the lawyers, Korean and non-Korean, he needs to collaborate with on group projects. And he's the lead engineer for a team of engineers working for LG. He would disagree with you, and so do I.

There are no dumb doctors.

There are many dumb lawyers.

Anyways this argument is silly. I was just working the whole Asian culture thing - something I grasp much better than you.

Stop taking everything so literally.

You telling me you've never had a completely incompetent doc? Whom you looked at and thought: how the hell did you get through med school, you moron?? Lucky you. haha

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 pm

rso11 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
By what you're saying, it seems like you're implying that there's something inherently more intelligent in pursuing a degree in mathematics, or medicine, or another field more typical of asians to pursue. But there isn't, so I don't believe your implication is correct.
Anyway, I've lived in Asia for a long time. I see lots of asians all the time. I have private students who are engineers. One of my students, a really good example of what I'm trying to get across, went to Kaist. If you're Korean you've probably heard of it. It's the top technical college in Korea. He is constantly impressed by the verbal abilities of the lawyers, Korean and non-Korean, he needs to collaborate with on group projects. And he's the lead engineer for a team of engineers working for LG. He would disagree with you, and so do I.

There are no dumb doctors.

There are many dumb lawyers.

Anyways this argument is silly. I was just working the whole Asian culture thing - something I grasp much better than you.

Stop taking everything so literally.

You telling me you've never had a completely incompetent doc? Whom you looked at and thought: how the hell did you get through med school, you moron?? Lucky you. haha

Well I have at best a layperson's knowledge of medicine (probably far below average) so they could be making up diseases and I wouldn't know if they were incompetent.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:41 pm

There are no incompetent [insert subset of people here]

The above is always false. Except when the subset of people is competent people. (Actually, considering peoples' incompetence, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some of those too.)

(Speaking of competence, one of the local candidates for county government here has a slogan that is based around the word "competency". I cried)

akili

Postby akili » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 pm

tazmolover wrote:
akili wrote:
Ragged wrote:

I hope that's a self tar because it's one hot bitch!

LMAO. It's my dog :) He resents being called a bitch though. He's pretty sensitive since I got him neutered (literally).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”