Overheard at the LSAT

SupremaLex

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SupremaLex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:27 pm

This one wasn't overheard, but still a facepalm - woman showed up at about 9:05AM (report time was "NO later than 8:30am") and with a phone. Shockingly the proctors let her sit for the test.

My test center was excellent, though - no real distractions of any sort.

matt92

Postby matt92 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:54 pm

ThreeYears wrote:
longdaysjourney wrote:Overheard during the break...

Girl 1: "Oh....my...GOOOODDD. I didn't know youuuuu were taking the LSAT?!?!?!?"
Girl 2: "Oh my God, girl. We are so hot right now. We're like hot lawyers"
Girl 1: "Oh I know...I think about that all the time."
Girl 2: "So how did the first half go?"
Girl 1: "I don't know..did you study."
Girl 2: "Pssstt....no, that's gay."
Girl 1: "I know, right???"

...only at the University of Kentucky

You gotta be kidding....

I guess I.. Can't even? >.<

gone west

Postby gone west » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Not exactly overheard, but kid at my test center next to me was rocking through the test. At the end he was so confident that he destroyed it. So confident. Then when we were instructed to sign the test booklet he signed the scantron in obnoxiously large letters (intruding into the bubble section). Nothing phased him. Not even the test proctor subsequently asking him to sign the cover of the book. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he signed in the bubble section which probably f'ed up his score.

Valamar

Postby Valamar » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:11 pm

(Sept. LSAT)

*Walking out of test center, sees a random dude also walking out with plastic bag in hand, strikes up conversation*

Him: "How'd it go man?"

"Not too bad, felt like the LR was kinda hard, how about you?"

"I'm feeling pretty confident, felt like I rocked all the sections except Logic Games, had no idea what I was doing there and ended up picking A for every answer"

SuaSponteB4

Postby SuaSponteB4 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Nothing too funny today. This one kid was more nervous than anyone I've ever seen. He was visibly shaking. He was a little annoying because:

A) Instead of standing behind me in line, he kept standing next to me so he could try to get a better view of the testing room, and;
B) He would not stop talking. His nervous, shaky voice didn't help the situation.

Some woman taking the test told him to relax and as long as he gets a 150, he's set. Other than that, it was a very smooth experience and nobody really talked to each other.

pancakes3

Postby pancakes3 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:02 pm

These are more depressing than entertaining. Come on Decemberites... entertain me.

GrangerDanger

Postby GrangerDanger » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:25 pm

I had one girl burst into tears about 10 minutes into section 1 and leave the room. Which of course added to everyone else is anxiety.

And then another rather sad story, that I'm rather curious about - there was a girl at my center who, when they reminded everyone that no phones were allowed, whipped out her phone ( :roll: ) and was like "umm I have mine, but I got dropped off so I have no where to put it" so the head person in charge was like let me call someone and see what can be done. In that time, someone else in line was like you can put your phone in my car, so they went to do that, the girl comes back and the lady was like, nope sorry, you still can't sit for the exam anymore. I was kind of surprised that happened, because she didn't have her phone anymore...is it just because they knew she had it on her, and thus can't assume she doesn't anymore? Was it just someone taking their power a little to seriously? IDK but I felt so bad for the poor girl. I mean, yes it's stupid to bring it in when it clearly states not to, but we weren't even in the testing room yet, they just had us all lined up in one big group...
Last edited by GrangerDanger on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

portmanteaux

Postby portmanteaux » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:40 pm

One girl at my test center was just openly checking her phone during the break. It was surprising to see someone being so brazen about it.

SupremaLex

Postby SupremaLex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:46 pm

GrangerDanger wrote:I had one girl burst into tears about 10 minutes into section 1 and leave the room. Which of course added to everyone else is anxiety.

And then another rather sad story, that I'm rather curious about - there was a girl at my center who, when they reminded everyone that no phones were allowed, whipped out her phone ( :roll: ) and was like "umm I have mine, but I got dropped off so I have no where to put it" so the head person in charge was like let me call someone and see what can be done. In that time, someone else in line was like you can put your phone in my car, so they went to do that, the girl comes back and the lady was like, nope sorry, you still can't sit for the exam anymore. I was kind of surprised that happened, because she didn't have her phone anymore...is it just because they knew she had it on her, and thus can't assume she doesn't anymore? Was it just someone taking their power a little to seriously? IDK but I felt so bad for the poor girl. I mean, yes it's stupid to bring it in when it clear states not to, but we weren't even in the testing room yet, they just had us all lined up in one big group...

That is b/s from the testing center staff/proctor(s). She put her phone elsewhere before she walked in=no violation. If she never checked in nor entered the testing room before taking care of the phone, it is none of their business (and yes, obviously she should not have brought it in the first place). If I were her, I would get in touch with LSAC and be PISSED.

Postby 03152016 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:15 pm

um no

lsac writes in large, bolded, red letters, preceded by "IMPORTANT" in all caps, that you cannot bring a cell phone into the testing center starting from the very moment you arrive

if she didn't get the message from that, she's a fucking idiot, and she's being justly punished for her idiocy

btw, law school is all about extracting and applying rules
i have a feeling she's better off having not taken it

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:21 pm

both times I took the test, once we were seated, they kindly asked everyone to make sure their phones were on silent and to put them in their plastic baggies if they had them on their person. Doesn't seem very fair... (although she's obviously stupid for bringing it in the first place (and for announcing she had one). Pretty basic rule to follow if you're taking the test seriously)

SupremaLex

Postby SupremaLex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Ron Don Volante wrote:both times I took the test, once we were seated, they kindly asked everyone to make sure their phones were on silent and to put them in their plastic baggies if they had them on their person. Doesn't seem very fair... (although she's obviously stupid for bringing it in the first place (and for announcing she had one). Pretty basic rule to follow if you're taking the test seriously)

It is really bizarre just how many people cannot read simple directions about what is allowed and disallowed to bring, and that it must be in a ziplock bag.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Brut wrote:um no

lsac writes in large, bolded, red letters, preceded by "IMPORTANT" in all caps, that you cannot bring a cell phone into the testing center starting from the very moment you arrive

if she didn't get the message from that, she's a fucking idiot, and she's being justly punished for her idiocy

What about equity?

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:02 am

Can I get a new answer sheet? I think I just ruined mine.

How did you ruin it?

I ripped it. (Taking it out of the test booklet at the beginning of the test)

LSATneurotic

Postby LSATneurotic » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:28 am

Girl~so is your first take

Guy~ no, second. I didnt study the first time....big mistake

Also enjoyed listening to an old teammate from highschool tell me that he doesnt need to go to a good school cause his aunt is a lawyer.

BlackCanary

Postby BlackCanary » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:05 am

GrangerDanger wrote:I had one girl burst into tears about 10 minutes into section 1 and leave the room. Which of course added to everyone else is anxiety.

And then another rather sad story, that I'm rather curious about - there was a girl at my center who, when they reminded everyone that no phones were allowed, whipped out her phone ( :roll: ) and was like "umm I have mine, but I got dropped off so I have no where to put it" so the head person in charge was like let me call someone and see what can be done. In that time, someone else in line was like you can put your phone in my car, so they went to do that, the girl comes back and the lady was like, nope sorry, you still can't sit for the exam anymore. I was kind of surprised that happened, because she didn't have her phone anymore...is it just because they knew she had it on her, and thus can't assume she doesn't anymore? Was it just someone taking their power a little to seriously? IDK but I felt so bad for the poor girl. I mean, yes it's stupid to bring it in when it clearly states not to, but we weren't even in the testing room yet, they just had us all lined up in one big group...

I felt so bad for her.
I mean, she shouldn't have had it to begin with (which she knew, but the proctors at her last administration held her phone for her), but she did put it away at around 7:45....that was WELL before check in.

They knew she didn't have it on her anymore, but someone at LSAC had said dismiss her, so they did. I'm not sure LSAC knew that check is was 45 min away, given that plenty of examinations were already underway.

Oh, and one guy sitting in my room kept demanding to know when he would get our because he needed to have lunch. When we finished he yelled "CHARGE! TO MCDONALDS!" and almost knocked over the proctor.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:15 am

NO FUN ALLOWED

chicharon

Post removed...

Postby chicharon » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 am

Post removed...
Last edited by chicharon on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:48 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:19 pm

chicharon wrote:Proctor: Any questions?
Guy: Can you tell us what section the experimental is?
Proctor looks at him blankly
Guy: We're supposed to have an experimental section... Is it section 1 or 2? Or 3? Or will we take it after the break?

*facepalm*

can't knock a brother for trying

m27

Postby m27 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Unfortunately I didn't overhear any awesome conversations between test takers, but I did overhear the proctors talking about how over 50 people didn't show up for the exam.

Also, about 5 people in my room failed to do the certifying statement so we had to wait for them to complete it after section 6 :roll:

Yodamaster1990

Postby Yodamaster1990 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:51 pm

At the end of the test Proctor says "I hope you all did well and I hope to see you all again soon." *facepalm*

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:38 pm

I don't know where this girl took the test, but from taking the MPRE in Evanston (riding the CTA an hour up from Chicago), it's a really uncomfortable feeling to travel around a big city on public transport without a phone. I'd argue that it's potentially unsafe and that turning a phone completely off should be plenty good for LSAC.

jam313

Postby jam313 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:52 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

I don't know where this girl took the test, but from taking the MPRE in Evanston (riding the CTA an hour up from Chicago), it's a really uncomfortable feeling to travel around a big city on public transport without a phone. I'd argue that it's potentially unsafe and that turning a phone completely off should be plenty good for LSAC.

There was once a day when cell phones didn't exist...
We survived.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:56 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

Small town girl here, but don't the stations usually have some kind of lockers?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”