Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Defendervic

New

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by Defendervic » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Random girl to another random girl: "All I need is a 148 to get into John Marshall"

................... :|

MadwomanintheAttic

Bronze

Post by MadwomanintheAttic » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:54 pm

"Given how much the writing section is worth..." I didn't have the heart to tell her that may not be the section she wants to focus most on

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GameOfLoans

New

Post by GameOfLoans » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Defendervic wrote:Random girl to another random girl: "All I need is a 148 to get into John Marshall"

................... :|
To be fair, she isn't wrong.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:28 pm

The Jackal wrote:Hang on to your butts, this is a bad one (September 2014):

I was sitting next to two girls while waiting for the late-comers to shuffle in before 8:30.

One of them, whose name I know but will not post because it's too perfect, was talking very loudly and very animatedly to the girl next to her. The following what was said:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"BASICALLY MY ADVISER TOLD ME, LIKE, THAT I'M AN UNDER-REPORTED MINORITY AND THEY NEED MORE OF THOSE"

"Does that help you?

"YEAH A LOT. I THINK IM GONNA GET ABOUT A ONE FITTY ON THIS BUT THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR PRINCETON(!) AND OTHER CRAZY-ASS PLACES LIKE THAT"

"Wow, I'd love to have that"

"YEAH GURL YOU CAN DO IT TOO JUST SAY ON YOUR PAPER YOURE AN UNDER-REPORTED MINORITY AND THEY HELP YOU OUT. I THINK OBAMA'S DOING IT AS A PROGRAM"

"I'm really not though, ha ha (uncomfortable laughs)"

"EVERYBODY GOT SOME(?) IN THE BLOOD, GURL"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was so shaken it took me until the 2nd section to actually focus the majority of my attention on the exam.

Everybody got some in the blood, gurl will stay with me the rest of my life.
princeton ls joke is very overused and along with a few other giveaways in the post, this has to be a flame

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

midtrains

New

Post by midtrains » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:18 pm

This girl brought an entire purse into the testing room and when we were told to put our ziplocs under our chairs she said "Well can I leave my chapstick out? What do I do with my purse?" and the proctor let her put her purse in the back but when she went to the bathroom she put it on the desk and it had chains on it so they clanked around as she rummaged through. It was crazy distracting.

Then another kid fell asleep right at the beginning of the writing portion. Just straight up put his head down when the section started and didn't move until it was over.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:21 pm

"I just need a 160 to get into a DC law school that isn't Georgetown, and that's what I want."

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:39 pm

BJS wrote:"I just need a 160 to get into a DC law school that isn't Georgetown, and that's what I want."
Can you even get into George Washington with a 160?? Sounds like someone is gunning for dat American or UTTTTDC.

Sugar Lumps

Silver

Post by Sugar Lumps » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:41 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
BJS wrote:"I just need a 160 to get into a DC law school that isn't Georgetown, and that's what I want."
Can you even get into George Washington with a 160?? Sounds like someone is gunning for dat American or UTTTTDC.
I had a friend do it with a 157 but she had a 3.9 in both undergrad and grad school. Meh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monster1776

New

Post by Monster1776 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:26 pm

I had an awkward moment at check in, had a 102 degree fever and some serious body aches so I decided to sneak in several tylenol pills in case the half dozen I took this morning wore off and I desperately needed some relief at break. As soon as I take my photo ID out 3 of those white bastards fall out of my pocket and scamper across the floor. Luckily the proctor didn't say anything about it but I wonder what everyone else thought, one guy tried to hit me up at break for a hit of adderall lmfao.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:47 pm

el madrileno

New

Post by el madrileno » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:16 pm

"I realized I didn't have any pencils last night and had to make a special trip for some."

Not the best but still made me whip my head around in surprise.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:17 pm

el madrileno wrote:"I realized I didn't have any pencils last night and had to make a special trip for some."

This thread has jumped the shark.

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 am

el madrileno wrote:"I realized I didn't have any pencils last night and had to make a special trip for some."

A guy came in with completely unsharpened pencils and was trying to bum sharpened ones off of the proctors. I lent him my sharpener. One girl wanted to use a wallet sized graduation picture for her ticket. That didn't fly. Some people hadn't taped/glued their picture.

I didn't hear anything too crazy, sorry to say. A lot of people were unprepared and clearly hadn't given too much thought to the rules.

North

Gold

Post by North » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:18 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:This thread has jumped the shark.
(Low tide)

(Mal builds house in tidal zone, as ocean's jumped shark)

LawBron James

Bronze

Post by LawBron James » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:57 am

40ish year old man hitting on college student girl:

"My parents are watching my daughter all weekend so I'm getting hammered after this!"

"Hah"

*long awkward pause*

...."I have 4 degrees"

Had nothing to do with the LSAT, but their interactions kept me entertained all day.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

adayton1

New

Post by adayton1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:34 pm

sirlancealot wrote:Girl sitting next to me brought her purse, iPhone, 11 mechanical pencils and one ID that had the same picture on the LSAT ticket. Maybe read the instructions next time before paying money to take this test??
I take it she got booted?

kwabbs

New

Post by kwabbs » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Checking into the classroom one guy asks the admin. "Can I take my shoes off during the test? You know, so I can feel more comfortable?" Her response: "I guess so, but I'm putting you in the back in case your feet stink."

Another girl towards the end of the break section... " whew, popped a Xanax and that starting kicking in around section 2.." Announces to the class, "anyone that needs a Xanax, I've got some!"

Admins response "Illegally distributed prescription drugs and applying to law school.."

Girl: "Hell yeah! Going to be a lawyer so I can change these damn laws."

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:08 pm

wtf why would you take xanax for the lsat?
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:34 pm

xylocarp wrote:wtf why would you take xanax for the lsat?
its for anxiety

cm_burns

New

Post by cm_burns » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:44 pm

"I didn't do any prep Nah, I don't like to know what's gonna be on the test, that way it's fresher."- Nice guy too, but damn. At least he admitted how bad an idea it was after.

"Get some work experience. For every year of work experience it's like 5 extra points. So, a 164 with 2 years work experience, that's like applying with a 174."

I'm more focused on the test and don't want to get in much of an argument before taking it, I do my best by not agreeing when people say things like this to me.

RichB

New

Post by RichB » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Older guy next to me in the lobby and I made small talk after we both arrived at roughly the same time. I asked him what he did for studying or prep

"Not much, but I've seen just about every episode of Law and Order, so I think I'll be OK."

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:55 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Georgetown accepts non-URM 159-161s with 3.85+ GPAs in the summer like candy, based on my anecdotal experience
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”