Overheard at the LSAT

Nicolena.

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:04 pm

alecks wrote:a guy asked before we started, "what's the format of this? like, 2 sections break, 2 sections break, or what?" and I was like :O

also, when we were waiting to get in a girl had her ipod and when someone was like "you can't bring that in the testing center" she was like "but I wanted to listen to it while I was testing" I don't know if she was serious or not.

This is too funny.

And I swear people must sign up for this test and just get an email reminder the day before and plan their attack. Insane....

redcrosse

Postby redcrosse » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Random Girl: Are the proctors usually students at the school where the test is administered?
Proctor: LSAT often sends their own people to administer the test. But today you're lucky; I'm a student here.
[Crickets chirping]
Proctor: You guys are so quiet... Are you nervous?
[Crickets chirping]
Proctor: Relax. I took the LSAT and I'm still here [at TTTT]. So, you'll be fine.
[Crickets chirping]
Proctor: OK, let's get started....

During the break:

Guy #1: I wish the LSAT was longer. I always run out of time toward the end of the section.
Guy #2: They used to give 45 minutes per section, but they changed it to 35 minutes because it was too easy.
Guy #1: That sucks.
Last edited by redcrosse on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
alecks wrote:a guy asked before we started, "what's the format of this? like, 2 sections break, 2 sections break, or what?" and I was like :O

also, when we were waiting to get in a girl had her ipod and when someone was like "you can't bring that in the testing center" she was like "but I wanted to listen to it while I was testing" I don't know if she was serious or not.

This is too funny.

And I swear people must sign up for this test and just get an email reminder the day before and plan their attack. Insane....

Of course they do. People do logic games without drawing anything. It's gotta be at least 20% of people taking the test that don't do any prep.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:06 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:

This is too funny.

Of course they do. People do logic games without drawing anything. It's gotta be at least 20% of people taking the test that don't do any prep.

I've never heard of anyone not drawing ANYTHING but I *have* seen some of the diagrams from when I first started with games, before studying, and they're just as helpful as a blank paper.

Brumfiss

Postby Brumfiss » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 pm

Overheard in check-in line in NJ (not so much funny as lolwut) :

Guy 1: You know what the average LSAT is for people from Michigan? Like 135.
Guy 2: Damn, if I was from Michigan I could go to Harvard.
Guy 1: Don't think I haven't thought about it.
Guy 2: F@#& it I'd rather go to Princeton anyway, I hear the chicks are less uptight.
Guy 1: Word.

I could try to come up with some kind of witty LSAT - relevant joke but I'm not good at them so I think I'll let the convo stand as is.

FlyingNorth

Postby FlyingNorth » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:13 am

Brumfiss wrote:Overheard in check-in line in NJ (not so much funny as lolwut) :

Guy 1: You know what the average LSAT is for people from Michigan? Like 135.
Guy 2: Damn, if I was from Michigan I could go to Harvard.
Guy 1: Don't think I haven't thought about it.
Guy 2: F@#& it I'd rather go to Princeton anyway, I hear the chicks are less uptight.
Guy 1: Word.

I could try to come up with some kind of witty LSAT - relevant joke but I'm not good at them so I think I'll let the convo stand as is.

180, made me lol

Quest4Knowledge

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:38 am

I remember hearing one individual complaining to the proctors after the test that he had answered his entire booklet, but didn't actually bubble in the answer sheet... I felt bad for him, but I mean come on that's like LSAT 101.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:06 pm

While walking into to take the test, a short, portly young lady, wearing thick coke bottle glasse, turns to me and says:

"Have you taken the LSAT before?"

"No," I replied. "This is my first time."

"Then don't worry about it. Some of the smartest people I know had to take the test six times before they scored in the 150's."

"How many times is this for you?"

"My third. No pressure though, I can always take it again."

I didn't have the heart to correct her. She was indeed a painful case.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:51 pm

bump

MOAR STORIEZ

pls respond

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:bump

MOAR STORIEZ

pls respond

Alright. A girl in line told me her friend did not want to go to law school, but took the LSAT at the insistence of her parents. Her parents hired a weekly TestMasters tutor for an entire year for the begrudging student who still didn't do well.

Give me that kind of money, please, and thank you.

OH! And we also had someone (who was stretching and taking deep breathes the entire way up the stairs) leave the registration line really quickly and go down the stairs. A moment later we heard a loud noise that was either a cry of desperation or a loud laugh. The proctors feigned alarm and then shrugged their shoulders and we kept on moving.

kartelite

Postby kartelite » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:25 am

midwest17 wrote:I thought that the statement on the LSAT didn't require cursive. I don't remember doing it in cursive. They still gave me a score. :D

I'm pretty sure I remember having to write it in cursive. Took it in 2009 overseas, and I'm wondering if some of the local (non-native English speaker) test-takers would have known how to write cursive.

imperspective

Postby imperspective » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Last edited by imperspective on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Nucky wrote:I had a person walk out of exam in the middle of the FIRST section. This was the third LSAT I have sat for, and I had never seen anyone walk out on the test before. So to see someone do it so quickly was interesting.

Kind of felt bad for the guy. I'm guessing he was one of those people who considers himself intelligent, thought he could wing it, and panicked once he was drowning in LG.

I almost did that. He could have been a retaker and knew what he needed to score to make it worthwhile. On my second LSAT, game 3 raped me in the asshole. I turned to game 4 and I had no idea wtf was going on. I guessed on those two games. I was so dejected that I almost walked out. If that was the real LG section, I was screwed. But then I gathered my thoughts and said to myself, "That is the experimental." I continued to finish the rest of the exam to find out that there was only 1 LG section. F@#$.

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:25 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
Nucky wrote:I had a person walk out of exam in the middle of the FIRST section. This was the third LSAT I have sat for, and I had never seen anyone walk out on the test before. So to see someone do it so quickly was interesting.

Kind of felt bad for the guy. I'm guessing he was one of those people who considers himself intelligent, thought he could wing it, and panicked once he was drowning in LG.

I almost did that. He could have been a retaker and knew what he needed to score to make it worthwhile. On my second LSAT, game 3 raped me in the asshole. I turned to game 4 and I had no idea wtf was going on. I guessed on those two games. I was so dejected that I almost walked out. If that was the real LG section, I was screwed. But then I gathered my thoughts and said to myself, "That is the experimental." I continued to finish the rest of the exam to find out that there was only 1 LG section. F@#$.

:lol:

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:33 am

ManoftheHour wrote:

That's what my second LSAT was like.

alexrodriguez

Postby alexrodriguez » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:02 pm

We can't forget about this thread people! It's one of my favorites!

Let's start off with the girl bitching about how she didn't know she couldn't bring a cell phone :)

Then we can move on to the girl retaking for scholarships to TTTT's. Good on her, I guess?

This one older guy who didn't seem well adjusted, was rocking his head back and forth hysterically. He seemed handicapped, but he wasn't. He made sure to ask if the proctor would let us know when we had five minutes remaining. After time was up for the essay, he wanted to know if he could erase a few things.

One guy walked out during the middle of a logic games section. It was the experimental one. I doubt he knew that though. Lucky him.

I told this one kid he should just leave and not take the LSAT. He was cool, and I was really trying to give him some solid advice. He didn't prep at all he told me. "I just wanted to see what it would be like." After the break he told me, "I hate all those weaken and strengthen questions. I have no idea what to do."

What else...

My proctors English was pretty bad. I couldn't understand much.

Oh and this made me laugh the most!!!

That one kid I told not to take the LSAT before it started- We were walking out to the parking lot together talking... and he tells me, "I think I did best on the essay." I smiled so hard on the inside.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:12 pm

More please.

alansadler

Postby alansadler » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 pm

"So what are you guys gonna do for the experimental section? Just Christmas tree it?"

alexrodriguez

Postby alexrodriguez » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:27 pm

alansadler wrote:"So what are you guys gonna do for the experimental section? Just Christmas tree it?"

I laughed out loud :)

bpolley0

Postby bpolley0 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Last edited by bpolley0 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:33 pm

My proctor said to be sure to write legibly on the writing sample, otherwise it causes problems with scoring.

:mrgreen:

sirlancealot

Postby sirlancealot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Girl sitting next to me brought her purse, iPhone, 11 mechanical pencils and one ID that had the same picture on the LSAT ticket. Maybe read the instructions next time before paying money to take this test??

Calbears123

Postby Calbears123 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Typical stuff, "I've never looked at an LSAT, but thats ok because I'm taking the night classes at a local TTTT"

"I got a 145 last time, I'm just trying to get to a 150 for a better school, but I've already been accepted at Golden Gate."

Someone brought in an electric pencil sharpener

alexrodriguez

Postby alexrodriguez » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Calbears123 wrote:Typical stuff, "I've never looked at an LSAT, but thats ok because I'm taking the night classes at a local TTTT"

"I got a 145 last time, I'm just trying to get to a 150 for a better school, but I've already been accepted at Golden Gate."

Someone brought in an electric pencil sharpener

no fucking way

wtf is wrong with people

this is hilarious

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”