Overheard at the LSAT

pech71

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pech71 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:34 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:Overheard during the break...

Girl 1: "Oh....my...GOOOODDD. I didn't know youuuuu were taking the LSAT?!?!?!?"
Girl 2: "Oh my God, girl. We are so hot right now. We're like hot lawyers"
Girl 1: "Oh I know...I think about that all the time."
Girl 2: "So how did the first half go?"
Girl 1: "I don't know..did you study."
Girl 2: "Pssstt....no, that's gay."
Girl 1: "I know, right???"

...only at the University of Kentucky

partner at my firm got his Law degree from Kentucky and this is being e-mailed to him right now. I am dying laughing.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:26 pm

In the check-in line I struck up a convo with the girl in front of me and asked her what she had done for prep. Gave a pretty standard non-TLSer Kaplan, etc. response, but then she said she had been awake since 3:30AM because she took a full length practice test before coming in. I told her she was crazy and chuckled. She said she would just do a section next time. This was her first attempt.

By the break the poor thing looked like she was about to faint.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Nucky wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:
Nucky wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Did you pour out a Natty for him with your frat bros

No.

Were you guys the backward hat douches that mirror was just talking about

The only douche I see on this thread is you.

+1

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Sup girl

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:11 pm

PattyCake wrote:
Nucky wrote:I had a person walk out of exam in the middle of the FIRST section. This was the third LSAT I have sat for, and I had never seen anyone walk out on the test before. So to see someone do it so quickly was interesting.

Kind of felt bad for the guy. I'm guessing he was one of those people who considers himself intelligent, thought he could wing it, and panicked once he was drowning in LG.

Didn't see anyone cancel and leave, but one guy left to use the bathroom for most of the writing sample time and came back with about 5 minutes. Seems like a better use of time then putting his head on the desk like I saw some people doing for most of that time.

Almost did this myself.

Seen at the LSAT: someone writing for the entire 35 minutes and who look genuinely miffed about having to put her pencil down.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Nucky wrote:In the check-in line I struck up a convo with the girl in front of me and asked her what she had done for prep. Gave a pretty standard non-TLSer Kaplan, etc. response, but then she said she had been awake since 3:30AM because she took a full length practice test before coming in. I told her she was crazy and chuckled. She said she would just do a section next time. This was her first attempt.

By the break the poor thing looked like she was about to faint.

To be fair "Kaplan" is pretty much my standard answer in those situations too, by which I mean when I'm asked in passing or by someone I don't know. I've seen people get really mad at others who study the "TLS" way because they are supposedly "killing the curve."

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:42 pm

i cant believe how the proctors at my place let this kid slide. he showed up at 8:31, forgot his admission ticket, was just like i dont have it. and they walked him to a printer so he could print one off and let him take the test. i mean fuck that. dipshit forgot the one thing he was reminded NUMEROUS times to bring, god it fired me up. held us up. and the noobs that took literally 10 MINUTES to write the statement paragraph and sign their name. its like bro? are you literate or what? do you realize what we are about to do? i dunno. pissed me off. but there were more funny stories last time. i wonder if someone showed up in a spiderman suit like in june

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:01 pm

thevuch wrote:. and the noobs that took literally 10 MINUTES to write the statement paragraph and sign their name. its like bro? are you literate or what? do you realize what we are about to do? i dunno. pissed me off.

Guilty :oops:

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
thevuch wrote:. and the noobs that took literally 10 MINUTES to write the statement paragraph and sign their name. its like bro? are you literate or what? do you realize what we are about to do? i dunno. pissed me off.

Guilty :oops:

Lolol why'd it take you so long?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:44 pm

thevuch wrote:

IDK about you, but I don't hand write anything anymore, and when I do, it takes forever and looks awful and my hand hurts afterwords. I have no problem scribbling garbage for the written portion, but LSAC has kittens over that little paragraph so it tends to take me a good minute to finish.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 pm

rebexness wrote:
thevuch wrote:

IDK about you, but I don't hand write anything anymore, and when I do, it takes forever and looks awful and my hand hurts afterwords. I have no problem scribbling garbage for the written portion, but LSAC has kittens over that little paragraph so it tends to take me a good minute to finish.

THIS

FlyingNorth

Postby FlyingNorth » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
rebexness wrote:
thevuch wrote:

THIS

Me too. Been out of the cursive game since '95

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:20 pm

james.bungles wrote:
thevuch wrote:i cant believe how the proctors at my place let this kid slide. he showed up at 8:31, forgot his admission ticket, was just like i dont have it. and they walked him to a printer so he could print one off and let him take the test. i mean fuck that. dipshit forgot the one thing he was reminded NUMEROUS times to bring, god it fired me up. held us up. and the noobs that took literally 10 MINUTES to write the statement paragraph and sign their name. its like bro? are you literate or what? do you realize what we are about to do? i dunno. pissed me off. but there were more funny stories last time. i wonder if someone showed up in a spiderman suit like in june

wut how could he take it without the pic on the admission ticket too

I dunno bro. When the lady left with him she was pulling out her phone and they came back and he had a ticket but no photo. I've heard of people cutting up their licenses maybe he did this after the test but he took it

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:11 pm

These stories are seriously the only good thing about the LSAT. Love these.

Also, I was dead-last in finishing my sworn statement, for the above reasons (cursive and such). Trust me, it was pretty embarrassing. I wish I could see a copy of that shit, b/c I was pretty much inventing letters by the end. I was like, "how the fuck do you make a K again?"

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:15 pm

cron1834 wrote:These stories are seriously the only good thing about the LSAT. Love these.

Also, I was dead-last in finishing my sworn statement, for the above reasons (cursive and such). Trust me, it was pretty embarrassing. I wish I could see a copy of that shit, b/c I was pretty much inventing letters by the end. I was like, "how the fuck do you make a K again?"

I thought that starting in 2010 or so it no longer required cursive. I know i didn't write it in cursive in Oct '10.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 pm

I thought that the statement on the LSAT didn't require cursive. I don't remember doing it in cursive. They still gave me a score. :D

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Well, that was 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back ...

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:30 pm

I wrote the first half in cursive, then realized I was one of the only people still writing and printed the rest.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 pm

I can barely handwrite anything besides my name, cursive or printing.
i blame apple.

Mauve.Dino

Postby Mauve.Dino » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:02 am

I used to write in cursive so beautifully, but high school changed that. I had a humanities teacher my freshman year who did all of his lectures extemporaneously (he'd been teaching the same stuff for 30 years, so he didn't need lesson plans, obviously). He gave no handouts, didn't write anything on the blackboard, and he never repeated anything. Needless to say, the only way to pass the class was to write as quickly as possible--and cursive didn't lend itself well to that situation.

Essentially, this is just a long-winded explanation for why I was one of the people who took five minutes to write that LSAT paragraph. :lol:

To be fair, writing it was probably the only thing I did correctly on the exam. The rest was a miserable blur.

I was so emotionally traumatized by the first three sections that I didn't eat or drink anything at the break. As for things overheard, I unfortunately don't have anything exciting to share. I did overhear a girl laughing about bubbling "all B's" for most of her sections due to time constraints. Before I took the LSAT, I would've rolled my eyes at her and thought, "wow, SOMEBODY didn't study," but I ended up doing the exact same thing.

If anyone hasn't heard of the "thousand yard stare," I suggest you Google it now. That was me on Saturday.

alecks

Postby alecks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 pm

a guy asked before we started, "what's the format of this? like, 2 sections break, 2 sections break, or what?" and I was like :O

also, when we were waiting to get in a girl had her ipod and when someone was like "you can't bring that in the testing center" she was like "but I wanted to listen to it while I was testing" I don't know if she was serious or not.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:11 pm

james.bungles wrote:so I've sat by the same guy for all three takes this year (Oct, Dec and Feb) and for some reason this test he still kept asking the proctor questions about filling out the answer sheet like DO WE HAVE TO WRITE THE STATEMENT IN CURSIVE?? WHICH LINE DO I WRITE MY NAME ON? I was like jesus christ man you've taken this test twice already

That's pretty funny. What are the odds?

FutureCongress

Postby FutureCongress » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 pm

james.bungles wrote:so I've sat by the same guy for all three takes this year (Oct, Dec and Feb) and for some reason this test he still kept asking the proctor questions about filling out the answer sheet like DO WE HAVE TO WRITE THE STATEMENT IN CURSIVE?? WHICH LINE DO I WRITE MY NAME ON? I was like jesus christ man you've taken this test twice already

Must be stalling for time to pray...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”