Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:45 pm

I did my good deed for the day.

I informed a girl in my class to law at lawschooltrasparency. She said she never even knew the law market was tough. I was like wuttt

User avatar
HanShotFirst
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:05 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:58 pm

BankruptMe wrote:I did my good deed for the day.

I informed a girl in my class to law at lawschooltrasparency. She said she never even knew the law market was tough. I was like wuttt


Half the people there will statistically score below a 150. These same people probably have no idea what the job market is like; it's not uncommon.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:04 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:I did my good deed for the day.

I informed a girl in my class to law at lawschooltrasparency. She said she never even knew the law market was tough. I was like wuttt


Half the people there will statistically score below a 150. These same people probably have no idea what the job market is like; it's not uncommon.


I forget about that. I wonder, "who are these sub 150 takers?" Well, they're half the people around me. I met some. Crazy.

User avatar
Saddle Up
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Saddle Up » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Girl 1 • “I’m still a little nervous about the logic portion.”
Girl 2 • “I didn’t spend much time with logic. My uncle is a judge and he filled me in.”
Girl 1 • “That makes me feel better. At least I know I won’t get the lowest score of the day.”

Honestly, my sister overheard that conversation when she took her LSAT a couple years ago. I didn’t see much today that was humorous or weird enough worth reporting. I finished early, hopefully a good sign.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Micdiddy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Saddle Up wrote:Girl 1 • “I’m still a little nervous about the logic portion.”
Girl 2 • “I didn’t spend much time with logic. My uncle is a judge and he filled me in.”
Girl 1 • “That makes me feel better. At least I know I won’t get the lowest score of the day.”

Honestly, my sister overheard that conversation when she took her LSAT a couple years ago. I didn’t see much today that was humorous or weird enough worth reporting. I finished early, hopefully a good sign.


That's awesome.
And seriously, where are all the Feb stories? There has to be more out there.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby haus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Micdiddy wrote:That's awesome.
And seriously, where are all the Feb stories? There has to be more out there.

With the number of people taking the test dropping, there are less chances opportunities to come across quality stories.

User avatar
HanShotFirst
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:05 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby HanShotFirst » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:38 am

haus wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:That's awesome.
And seriously, where are all the Feb stories? There has to be more out there.

With the number of people taking the test dropping, there are less chances opportunities to come across quality stories.


The number of people taking the test dropping is due to people doing their research and realizing they probably don't have a shot at a top school. The people who say the stupidest things aren't in this group and continue to take the test in large numbers.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PattyCake » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:34 am

.
Last edited by PattyCake on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:04 am

.
Last edited by ScottRiqui on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby haus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:32 am

.
Last edited by haus on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PattyCake » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 am

.
Last edited by PattyCake on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby haus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:36 am

.
Last edited by haus on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PattyCake » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:57 am

.
Last edited by PattyCake on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:59 am

.
Last edited by ScottRiqui on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:08 am

Worst derailment ever. Moar funny stories.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 am

Micdiddy wrote:Worst derailment ever. Moar funny stories.


+1

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 am

Winston1984 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Worst derailment ever. Moar funny stories.


+1


Fair enough - I'll delete my posts.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nucky » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 am

I had a person walk out of exam in the middle of the FIRST section. This was the third LSAT I have sat for, and I had never seen anyone walk out on the test before. So to see someone do it so quickly was interesting.

Kind of felt bad for the guy. I'm guessing he was one of those people who considers himself intelligent, thought he could wing it, and panicked once he was drowning in LG.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PattyCake » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:45 am

Nucky wrote:I had a person walk out of exam in the middle of the FIRST section. This was the third LSAT I have sat for, and I had never seen anyone walk out on the test before. So to see someone do it so quickly was interesting.

Kind of felt bad for the guy. I'm guessing he was one of those people who considers himself intelligent, thought he could wing it, and panicked once he was drowning in LG.


Didn't see anyone cancel and leave, but one guy left to use the bathroom for most of the writing sample time and came back with about 5 minutes. Seems like a better use of time then putting his head on the desk like I saw some people doing for most of that time.

User avatar
mirroroferised7
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:02 pm

There was a herd of four bros, three of whom ended up in my room. They were all wearing hats, basketball shorts around their crotch and hoodies and no other outerwear (even though it's in the single digits here.). Once the proctor made the announcement that hats and hoods were not allowed during testing, he had to specifically call out all three of the bros, because either 1) they thought they were exempt from rules or 2) the douchey backwards-hat look is so permanently ingrained into their lifestyle that they've forgotten that hats are a thing that can be taken off.

Sadly, I spent most of break in the women's bathroom, so I wasn't able to glean any spare knowledge these geniuses were sure to let drop.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7316
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Nucky wrote:I had a person walk out of exam in the middle of the FIRST section. This was the third LSAT I have sat for, and I had never seen anyone walk out on the test before. So to see someone do it so quickly was interesting.

Kind of felt bad for the guy. I'm guessing he was one of those people who considers himself intelligent, thought he could wing it, and panicked once he was drowning in LG.

Did you pour out a Natty for him with your frat bros

rwhyAn
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby rwhyAn » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:10 pm

There was one guy in back of me while waiting to get checked in that was chatting to some girl next to him, and I overheard him saying that he was hoping for a 158 to get into Seton Hall, but he was hoping that he would get the the perfect test where the stars would align, everything would click, and there would be some sort of divine intervention enabling him to crack 160 and get into Fordham, where he'd most likely be paying full freight. Meanwhile, while this same guy was talking away waiting to get checked in, one of the proctors came by several times to tell us to use the bathroom before we entered the room or else we wouldn't be able to use it until the test began. As soon as he sat down in the testing room, he raised his hand to ask to use the bathroom and got shot down. During the second section, he got up in the middle of the section and finally went. I'm guessing that the bathroom break probably stopped him from hitting his goal; however, little to his knowledge, having to take a piss at that moment in time might have been the greatest thing to ever happen to him, as it will save him the lifetime of stress and misery that would have most likely awaited by dropping $200k to attend one of those schools.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nucky » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Did you pour out a Natty for him with your frat bros


No.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7316
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Nucky wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Did you pour out a Natty for him with your frat bros


No.

Were you guys the backward hat douches that mirror was just talking about

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nucky » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Nucky wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Did you pour out a Natty for him with your frat bros


No.

Were you guys the backward hat douches that mirror was just talking about


The only douche I see on this thread is you.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, galeatus, potatocowpower, qemini1594, SunDevil14, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests