BankruptMe

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:20 pm

There was maybe like 25 people in my section. I would say 30-50 overall

haus

Postby haus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:23 pm

ballsoharduniversity wrote:
haus wrote:Nothing much interesting overheard, but on way to check in for LSAT at American U, I notices a sign inviting people to come and learn how to utilize their JD outside of the field of law.

I took the test today at AU too!

Were you in the L shaped room, where we had the rolling bathroom breaks before we got started?

ballsoharduniversity

Postby ballsoharduniversity » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:32 pm

haus wrote:
ballsoharduniversity wrote:
haus wrote:Nothing much interesting overheard, but on way to check in for LSAT at American U, I notices a sign inviting people to come and learn how to utilize their JD outside of the field of law.

I took the test today at AU too!

Were you in the L shaped room, where we had the rolling bathroom breaks before we got started?

Yep… that whole bathroom thing was making me SO antsy. Did people just like not listen the first time when they said to use the bathroom before they went into the room??

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:10 pm

12 people in my room. I was the only person with a watch wtf

haus

Postby haus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:14 pm

90convoy wrote:12 people in my room. I was the only person with a watch wtf

Including the proctor?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:21 pm

BankruptMe wrote:There was maybe like 25 people in my section. I would say 30-50 overall

Same. We had so much desk space, it was amazing. Check in still took at least 20 minutes though. I just wanted to start already, haha.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:38 pm

90convoy wrote:12 people in my room. I was the only person with a watch wtf

Out of the 20 - 25, only like 5 had a watch

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Guys this thread is for funny stories stop discussing boring stuff on it :|

Epitome

Postby Epitome » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Not overheard - but one of girls who'd been rabbiting away to almost every one who came down the corridor while we waited to get check in didn't return after the break.

I wonder if it was the LR or LG that got to her.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Two Guys were talking during break

Guy 1 - "Yeah this is basically my back up in case I don't get a good job when I graduate"
Guy 2-"Well I heard Charlotte Law School is going to be a private school next year so it's going to be pretty prestigious.So I just hope I do well enough to get in there"

All I wanted to do was say "Idiot it is a private school and also a privately owned business that leaves you with 100K of debt and no job prospect

Also there was girl doing the games without a diagram. I was thinking she's either a genius or she should probably cancel with me

snagglepuss

Postby snagglepuss » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:26 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:Two Guys were talking during break

Guy 1 - "Yeah this is basically my back up in case I don't get a good job when I graduate"
Guy 2-"Well I heard Charlotte Law School is going to be a private school next year so it's going to be pretty prestigious.So I just hope I do well enough to get in there"

All I wanted to do was say "Idiot it is a private school and also a privately owned business that leaves you with 100K of debt and no job prospect

Also there was girl doing the games without a diagram. I was like she's either a genius or she should probably cancel with me

[REPORTED TO LSAC FOR ETHICS VIOLATION]

But seriously why were you looking at someone else's test during the LSAT? You're doing something wrong if you're concerned w/ anything but your own test.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:34 pm

I was canceling and while the proctor was making sure he didn't have to take any other precautions she looked over at me

Needless to say she wasn't exactly making it hard to see the LSAT section she was on and this was two rows from me (She literally had the test material folded up as a L so if you turned your head to the right you'd see it

snagglepuss

Postby snagglepuss » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Ahhh. Well, sorry to hear about the cancelation. GL going forward.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:41 pm

thanks going to retake in June

I need to get the timing down (100% underestimated the time pressure of the test)

PepperJack

Postby PepperJack » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Even if he did cheat, it's no one's duty to report the person to LSAC. A.) They change the sections around, and B.) They have proctors. If LSAC makes people leave their phones at home, limits food and makes going to the bathroom a pain in the ass, but can't stop people from cheating then this is their problem. Let them hire more competent proctors. (I'm still bitter because I took it years ago at a test center where a TTTT dean was a proctor, and he was literally watching me take the test, softly accused me of colluding with someone in the front row who was retaking a 170 because our answers were similar and then solicited us to tour the piece of shit institution. It might not have impacted my score, but it's tough to practice for a test environment involving a sketchy dude literally standing over your shoulder, and breathing on you.)

PepperJack

Postby PepperJack » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:00 pm

wlee1220 wrote:Not an LSAT story but something I overheard at the coffee shop tonight. There was a guy with this Kaplan LSAT Mastery book or some shit and his tutor:

Dude: I feel like I'm never gonna break 165 at this rate.
Tutor: I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just get our strategies down and you'll be in the 160s in no time.
Dude: I'm ok with games, -1 and -0 on my last two PTs. I'm messing up in LR. I missed 11 in each section.
Tutor: That's great man!!! You know we recommend that you try to get between 18 and 20 right, so you're right at 14. You beat yourself up too much. Let's work on your diagrams for the games.
Dude: Man I really want to go to Penn. I gotta do better.
Tutor: Ok. For right now let's focus on your diagrams for games. You're not using our techniques

As someone who fucked up, suffered and didn't know any better before coming to TLS, I felt bad. I told him afterwards that TLS really helped me prepare for my retake and he should check it out.

On the tutor's behalf, he's trying to make him confident when the test is a day or two away. However, it seems like going over games and making him use dumb techniques when he's at -1 or 0 is dumb. Kaplan is way too obsessed with helping kids with games when that's under 25% of the test.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:29 pm

"I'm hoping for 160+, I have a BA in Business Psychology and I'm going to go into international law"

I didn't know Business Psychology was a thing

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:42 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:"I'm hoping for 160+, I have a BA in Business Psychology and I'm going to go into international law"

I didn't know Business Psychology was a thing

Yeah, it's more legit than regular ol' psychology.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Saw a guy I went to high school with, he was just hoping to break 140. I mentioned the market was tough and where you go to school can make a big impact, and he just told me "C's get degrees". YOLO I guess.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Lots of talk about breakfast. A few favorites: nothing, key lime pie, macaroni and cheese.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Winston1984 wrote:Saw a guy I went to high school with, he was just hoping to break 140. I mentioned the market was tough and where you go to school can make a big impact, and he just told me "C's get degrees". YOLO I guess.

I might have tried to further explain how the whole legal job market thing works. Until he uttered that last line.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:17 pm

People who continually refer to it as the L-S-A-T and not LSAT - kindly STFU.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:35 pm

zhenders wrote:
fnma2jd wrote:During mine a lady put her head down about half way into LR2 and then started snoring a few minutes later. The proctor was nice about it, almost like she felt bad for the lady. The lady just was like "oh sorry, sleep apnea."

Lol this is hilarious to me, because the woman straight made that shit up... Sleep apnea is a disorder where, during regular sleep, you have pauses in breathing.... It's not friggin' narcolepsy :-P

No sleep apnea causes snoring for a lot of people.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Lots of talk about breakfast. A few favorites: nothing, key lime pie, macaroni and cheese.

Key Lime Pie for breakfast, nice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”