Overheard at the LSAT

ltrego

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ltrego » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 pm

^Similar story.

Woman: "I forgot to get my picture taken. Do you think it will matter?"
Me: "Uh. Yeah. The directions were pretty clear."
Woman: "I guess we'll have to see."

She continues to stand in line behind me to get into the test.

They actually took her to one of the LS prof's office, took her pic, and printed it for her. Talk about a super nice proctor team.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:44 pm

ltrego wrote:^Similar story.

They actually took her to one of the LS prof's office, took her pic, and printed it for her. Talk about a super nice proctor team.

There was a girl last administration who didn't have a ticket photo, but brought her passport for ID. She ended up cutting the photo out of her passport to affix to her ticket.

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:50 pm

In response to saying how XYZ school was not worth attending because it was SPS: "It doesn't matter, it's all about your networks."

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:55 pm

MTH2 wrote:In response to saying how XYZ school was not worth attending because it was SPS: "It doesn't matter, it's all about your networks."

SPS?

gargoyle

Postby gargoyle » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:59 pm

"This is my first time taking an LSAT but I did some logic games last night and those are super easy. All we need is a 140 anyway with the job market being the way it is... any tips on the logic reasoning section? I'm just gonna start guessing with 5 minutes left."

Mauve.Dino

Postby Mauve.Dino » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm

gargoyle wrote:"This is my first time taking an LSAT but I did some logic games last night and those are super easy. All we need is a 140 anyway with the job market being the way it is... any tips on the logic reasoning section? I'm just gonna start guessing with 5 minutes left."

:D

Oh, I hope that's one of my future classmates!

ojala

Postby ojala » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm

The woman sitting next to me said "Look at this room full of future lawyers!" then turned to me and asked "Wait. lawyers or paralegals?"

This same woman was written up for going to the bathroom after entering the test room. The proctor explained to her that he had to report any irregularities to which to responded "Irregularities? I drank some water, I have to pee. Sounds pretty regular to me."

She was funny and quite a character to sit next to, but distracting during the actual test (kept mumbling and whispering to herself as she worked through the answers).

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:07 pm

nothingtosee wrote:
MTH2 wrote:In response to saying how XYZ school was not worth attending because it was SPS: "It doesn't matter, it's all about your networks."

SPS?

Shit, pure shit

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Proctors had some snacks for us.

"Damn. They got us cookies, but I don't see no milk..."

star fox

Postby star fox » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:34 pm

There was def. a TLSer in my room. I would have asked handle but that might draw some weird looks.

lsatyolo

Postby lsatyolo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:34 pm

A guy I know had only mechanicals so I lent him one of mine. He also didn't have a pic on his admission ticket, they still let him take it. I'm curious as to what will happen to him because of that.

dosto

Postby dosto » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

foundingfather

Postby foundingfather » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:23 pm

john7234797 wrote:There was def. a TLSer in my room. I would have asked handle but that might draw some weird looks.

There was def a TLSer in my testing room as well. Black ticonderogas... I think it's highly unlikely anyone outside the TLS community would know to purchase those.

Fifth_Business

Postby Fifth_Business » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Last time the proctor called it the L-STAT the whole time.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:52 pm

foundingfather wrote:
john7234797 wrote:There was def. a TLSer in my room. I would have asked handle but that might draw some weird looks.

There was def a TLSer in my testing room as well. Black ticonderogas... I think it's highly unlikely anyone outside the TLS community would know to purchase those.

Seriously. The guy in front of me had them too. I was like, "That guy is gonna do well."

cheme2014

Postby cheme2014 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm

foundingfather wrote:There was def a TLSer in my testing room as well. Black ticonderogas... I think it's highly unlikely anyone outside the TLS community would know to purchase those.

... I'm a huge pencil nerd so I've actually had Black Ticons/Palominos/etc. for a while... :oops:

cc240

Postby cc240 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:19 pm

I am usually a lurker around these forums but I had to add a couple of my experiences:

1. Before the test even started, I had noticed that at least 90% of the test takers did not bring a watch and relied on the proctor to keep time. Even though this is my first test (and hopefully, my last!) I thought this was strange but it got even worse when a girl raised her hand and asked if the proctor would be setting the clock back for people who did not have a watch. The proctor was very nice and actually complied to her request but many people who were seated in the back couldn't even see the clock. I wore my 180 watch and I noticed a similar type of watch (but not a 180) on the desk of the guy in front of me, which made me think he might be a TLS user.

2. During the break, there was a girl that was spreading her LSAC "wisdom" and telling everyone how admissions works. Apparently, according to her, the LSAC cumulative GPA is calculated by averaging a student's UGPA and their LSAT score. Everyone stood there, wowed at the depth of knowledge they were obtaining. I am not one to talk during tests (especially one like the LSAT) so I did not say anything but I deeply desired to.

3. Apparently, during section 2, there was a guy talking to himself during the test, distracting the people in the back and another guy taking the test was trying to calm him down while doing his own test, which makes him the nicest guy ever because I would never do that for someone when I'm trying to work (I know that sounds bad!)

4. Going back to the other TLS user in the room, the same girl who was telling everyone bad information kept bothering him during the break and asking him if he saw a horse outside the building (there is a horse farm not too far from the college) and I mean SERIOUSLY bothering until he saw the horse with his own eyes. He was ignoring her until she asked him several times, why couldn't she get the message?

By the way, thank you everyone for your contributions to this thread; you have made me laugh so hard.

wlee1220

Postby wlee1220 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:26 am

Standing in line to sign in for the test:
Frat Dude 1: Hey brah, didn't know you were taking this today?
Dude 2: Yea man, I need to do something with my life, so I was like, fuck it, why not be a lawyer?
Dude 1: Yea brah. How many times have you taken this thing before?
Dude 2: This is my first time man. I took like 2 practice tests and got a 156 so I was like I'm ready to rock this shit!!
Dude 1: Hell yea, brah!!! I'm hoping for a 155, and [random dude] got a 160 his first time, and I know I'm smarter than him, so...
Dude 1 and Dude 2 give each other high fives

Inside the test room:
Girl 1: Yea, so I'm only here because my dad is paying for this. He doesn't even know I really want to be a social worker. Fml
Me: Why don't you just tell your dad that? There's probably more jobs right now in social work than law anyway...
Girl 2: Fuck off asshole!!! That's horrible advice.
Me: WTF?????
Girl 1: Whatever. My dad's paying for it all, so I don't care. I'll just use my law degree and still become a social worker.
Me: Uh....good luck with that.

During the break:
Guy: How do you think you're doing so far?
Me: Man, I can't really tell. My timing for the games was a little off.
Guy: What games???
Me: Logic Games.
Guy: Those math things???
Me: Uh...I guess man. You know, the questions where they give you a set of facts and rules for how to use them....
Guy: Well I wouldn't worry too much man. You only need a 150 to go to [TTT school where we were taking the LSAT] anyway....
Me: I'm not really sure I want to go here man....
Guy: Oh man don't tell me you're one of those Harvard or bust [dudes]??? When will you people learn that it's not where you go but it's what you do with what they give you when you get there (Not sure if that's how he said it but it was some weird, trying to be deep but failing shit)?
Me: Thanks for that man. I'm just gonna walk away now.

I really work hard at being cordial to people but today was just incredibly weird....

Split90

Postby Split90 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:46 am

ScottRiqui wrote:

There was a girl last administration who didn't have a ticket photo, but brought her passport for ID. She ended up cutting the photo out of her passport to affix to her ticket.

lol
i was drinking my water and spilled it all over my ipad once i read your comment. so funny!
is this really real?

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:12 am

Split90 wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote:

lol
i was drinking my water and spilled it all over my ipad once i read your comment. so funny!
is this really real?

I heard the passport one second-hand, so can't vouch for it. But there was a woman at my test center who did the same thing, except that she used her driver's license photo.

redsox

Postby redsox » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 am

ScottRiqui wrote:There was a girl last administration who didn't have a ticket photo, but brought her passport for ID. She ended up cutting the photo out of her passport to affix to her ticket.

Isn't tampering with a passport some sort of crime or something?

Rollontheground

Postby Rollontheground » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:58 am

I actually ripped out my passport pic yesterday. I somehow forgot my picture; but thank God I had cruised this thread a few months ago and heard about the poor asshole who had to rip up his passport — not knowing it'd be me this time around. I really don't know if I would've thought to do that without having heard about prior to on here. SO THANKS TLS!

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:22 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:41 am

Girl was aiming for UCLA/USC since she really wants to be in Los Angeles. She's also a retaker. I didn't think it was a bad aspiration until she mentioned she had never visited Cali. I told her to consider Berkeley too if she scored high enough.

Nothing else notable at my center. Proctors were efficient and to the point. No outlandish questions or comments from test takers.

Mauve.Dino

Postby Mauve.Dino » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:43 am

Fifth_Business wrote:Last time the proctor called it the L-STAT the whole time.

LOL

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”