Overheard at the LSAT

haus

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby haus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:26 pm

AAJD2B wrote:I met a fellow TLSer. His Tri-cons were a definite sign :lol: :lol: :lol:

A fellow sitting next to (a last minute transfer from another overflowed room) was set up with a set of Tri-cons. I think he was the only one in the room taller than I, so they had him adjust the time on the wall click that the test takers fouls see, so that it matched the time on the wall clock that only the proctor could see.

I told him he should have held out for an extra point.

sosa

Postby sosa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 pm

mehiguess wrote:Anyone take the test at UCF? I pushed back to December for the reasons you typically do but then noticed the breast cancer run was that day also. Was it a distraction or a clusterf$%! this morning?

the run is tomorrow!

eaad91

Postby eaad91 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:40 pm

girl before the test: i know someone who retook the LSAT after getting into law school to get prize money

John Winger

Postby John Winger » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Someone tried explaining the importance of the writing sample to me, "You know, the top schools will weigh the writing sample in your score because all the applicants scores will be so close."

I wanted to write, "the kid next to me is a jackass" on my sample and turn it in.

haus

Postby haus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:44 pm

John Winger wrote:I wanted to write, "the kid next to me is a jackass" on my sample and turn it in.

If I ran a law school, this would qualify as an auto admit. :)

Then again, if I ran a law school, it would likely be ranked just below peoples college of law.

Domke

Postby Domke » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:46 pm

At my test center there was this really white trashy looking woman talking to her boyfriend during the break. I overheard her telling him "First thing I do is fill in E for the last 10 questions that way I don't have to worry about them."
I couldn't hear his response but later I heard him saying "Yha they called campus security on me because they said I couldn't be hanging out in the hallway."

Shortly after starting our 4th section I heard somebody yelling in the hallway "Get your hands off me! You can't make me leave!" I can only imagine it was him getting kicked out again.

On the other side of the curve. I heard one girl telling another that she just finished her masters to wich the first girl replied "but you only graduated high school 4 years ago" :shock:

Elivmar

Postby Elivmar » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:54 pm

John Winger wrote:Someone tried explaining the importance of the writing sample to me, "You know, the top schools will weigh the writing sample in your score because all the applicants scores will be so close."

I wanted to write, "the kid next to me is a jackass" on my sample and turn it in.

Some guy in the bathroom tried to give me tips on the writing sample. "The secret is you have to write at least 4 paragraphs of 7 sentences each!" Couldn't tell if he was trolling or serious.

koalacity

Postby koalacity » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Bathroom line during the break (I didn't actually fully comprehend what was said at the time because I was, you know, IN THE ZONE, but once I got home I remembered it and started hysterically laughing to myself...don't worry about it):

Girl 1: So are you taking the 4-section or the 5-section?
Girl 2: Oh, the 5-section...you can take just a 4-section?
Girl 1: Yeah, that's what I'm doing-the 4-section.

duallys21

Postby duallys21 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:29 pm

The guy next to me kept calling the logical reasoning the "logistical" section. Guy behind me asked if he could go to the bathroom at end of section 3, proctor said "no, in a minute, its about to be break". 30 seconds later he jumped up and yelled "I'm going to piss my pants" and ran out of the room. Proctors didn't care.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 pm

koalacity wrote:Bathroom line during the break (I didn't actually fully comprehend what was said at the time because I was, you know, IN THE ZONE, but once I got home I remembered it and started hysterically laughing to myself...don't worry about it):

Girl 1: So are you taking the 4-section or the 5-section?
Girl 2: Oh, the 5-section...you can take just a 4-section?
Girl 1: Yeah, that's what I'm doing-the 4-section.

:roll:

ratiller

Postby ratiller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Natem137 wrote:On the other side of the curve. I heard one girl telling another that she just finished her masters to wich the first girl replied "but you only graduated high school 4 years ago" :shock:

a lot of people from my neck of the woods graduate high school with there AA's already, it's not as uncommon as you'd think some even have it before they finish their senior year

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Natem137 wrote:At my test center there was this really white trashy looking woman talking to her boyfriend during the break. I overheard her telling him "First thing I do is fill in E for the last 10 questions that way I don't have to worry about them."
I couldn't hear his response but later I heard him saying "Yha they called campus security on me because they said I couldn't be hanging out in the hallway."

Shortly after starting our 4th section I heard somebody yelling in the hallway "Get your hands off me! You can't make me leave!" I can only imagine it was him getting kicked out again.

On the other side of the curve. I heard one girl telling another that she just finished her masters to wich the first girl replied "but you only graduated high school 4 years ago" :shock:

Eh, that might not be as impressive as it sounds. In my state, some schools have it set up so you get college credits for AP highschool classes, so you can finish college in 2-3 yrs. 1 or 2 for the masters, then, and that explains it.

ETA: Ratiller beat me to it. :)

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Natem137 wrote:At my test center there was this really white trashy looking woman talking to her boyfriend during the break. I overheard her telling him "First thing I do is fill in E for the last 10 questions that way I don't have to worry about them."

Okay so i have this TTTTT lsat book that someone gave to me, and i swear to god this is a strategy advocated in that book.

Cuneiform

Postby Cuneiform » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:21 pm

miklos wrote:Test begins.
Person two rows in front of me flips to the first page.
Closes the packet and calls a proctor over.
Stands up and walks out.

I felt like the room was the 74th annual hunger games.

So , boys and girls, how many Tributes did we have for October 2013?

ratiller

Postby ratiller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Cuneiform wrote:
miklos wrote:Test begins.
Person two rows in front of me flips to the first page.
Closes the packet and calls a proctor over.
Stands up and walks out.

I felt like the room was the 74th annual hunger games.

So , boys and girls, how many Tributes did we have for October 2013?

I think ~4 people in my group left, most near the end as well..and i did have the inevitable "oh my god I'm not sure I practiced the writing sample enough" creep in to a conversation with a woman who said she studied really hard by and i quote "doing like half of this prep course book"

MoMettaMonk

Postby MoMettaMonk » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:54 pm

No interesting stories from my sitting (sad for thread, great for me!). What are tri-cons?

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:59 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:No interesting stories from my sitting (sad for thread, great for me!). What are tri-cons?

They're the triangular Ticonderoga pencils.

Thethoughtcounts176

Postby Thethoughtcounts176 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:10 pm

duallys21 wrote:The guy next to me kept calling the logical reasoning the "logistical" section. Guy behind me asked if he could go to the bathroom at end of section 3, proctor said "no, in a minute, its about to be break". 30 seconds later he jumped up and yelled "I'm going to piss my pants" and ran out of the room. Proctors didn't care.

Lol, that made my day. Was he wearing a brown UPS uniform? haha

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Nothing from the test center, but when I went the bar to get food and a brew after some guy began chatting me up about how he took it once and got over a 170, and how he used to tutor it.

Then he went on to say I hope you got over a 180...immediately busted out laughing.

RLowry23

Postby RLowry23 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:19 pm

"Where do you want to go to law school?"
"Oregon. It's a great school. It's there or bust."
"I want to go to Louis and Clarke, it has a great environmental program."

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 pm

RLowry23 wrote:"Where do you want to go to law school?"

Lewis and Clark, c'mon man. Didn't you learn about them in history class at any point?

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 pm

You know you're supposed to post funny stuff, not just any conversation you overheard, right?

KingFish

Postby KingFish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:48 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

Lewis and Clark, c'mon man. Didn't you learn about them in history class at any point?

dosto

Postby dosto » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Last edited by dosto on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoping4Happiness

Postby Hoping4Happiness » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:26 am

the girl in front of me had TWO 180 watches... Idk I thought that was a taaaaad much... But then again I brought 8 pencils soooooo.....

Also this one girl asked if she had to write the certifying statement in cursive and the proctor said yes yes in pencil.. and she said oh okay... and everyone started laughing.

Riveting stuff happening over here in my neck of the woods, I know..

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”