Overheard at the LSAT

rinkrat19

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Well, a couple lucky 0Ls just got to hear me and my fellow proctors get bitched out by our test Nazi room supervisor for apparently COMPLETELY RUINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE LSAT AND LAW SCHOOL AND POSSIBLY CAUSING A BLACK HOLE OF IMPROPER PROCEDURES THAT WILL SWALLOW THE ENTIRE GALAXY.* :roll:

This might not actually be worth getting paid $100.

*not verbatim

neprep

Postby neprep » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:18 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Well, a couple lucky 0Ls just got to hear me and my fellow proctors get bitched out by our test Nazi room supervisor for apparently COMPLETELY RUINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE LSAT AND LAW SCHOOL AND POSSIBLY CAUSING A BLACK HOLE OF IMPROPER PROCEDURES THAT WILL SWALLOW THE ENTIRE GALAXY.* :roll:

*not verbatim

WHAT DID YOU DO?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:30 pm

neprep wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Well, a couple lucky 0Ls just got to hear me and my fellow proctors get bitched out by our test Nazi room supervisor for apparently COMPLETELY RUINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE LSAT AND LAW SCHOOL AND POSSIBLY CAUSING A BLACK HOLE OF IMPROPER PROCEDURES THAT WILL SWALLOW THE ENTIRE GALAXY.* :roll:

*not verbatim

WHAT DID YOU DO?

It had to do with how they filed into the room and into desks. Also they filled out the whole personal info section at once (because that's what one DOES) instead of waiting for her to say "fill out 1-5" "fill out 6-10" etc.

There's "maintaining the integrity of the exam results" and then there's "being an inflexible, OCD, power-hungry bitch."

Seriously, you'd think we'd been reading them the answers in the hall with how pissed she was. And she wrote up a ticket on us (the proctors). Hopefully it doesn't screw any of the poor 0Ls over. (I'm assuming/hoping that someone reasonable over at LSAC reads them and is like "they lined up wrong? Oh, FFS" and throws it out.)

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:38 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
neprep wrote:

*not verbatim

WHAT DID YOU DO?

It had to do with how they filed into the room and into desks. Also they filled out the whole personal info section at once (because that's what one DOES) instead of waiting for her to say "fill out 1-5" "fill out 6-10" etc.

There's "maintaining the integrity of the exam results" and then there's "being an inflexible, OCD, power-hungry bitch."

Seriously, you'd think we'd been reading them the answers in the hall with how pissed she was. And she wrote up a ticket on us (the proctors). Hopefully it doesn't screw any of the poor 0Ls over. (I'm assuming/hoping that someone reasonable over at LSAC reads them and is like "they lined up wrong? Oh, FFS" and throws it out.)

Cut her some slack. It's probably the only happy and satisfying moment she's got in a life full of disappointment, inadequacy and despair.

neprep

Postby neprep » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:41 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
neprep wrote:

*not verbatim

WHAT DID YOU DO?

Hahaha definitely what I'm planning to do, unless they tell me specifically not to do it.

Yikes, I hope my supervisor isn't an inflexible, OCD, power-hungry bitch when I take this thing tomorrow.

tigersaresexy

Postby tigersaresexy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:48 pm

neprep wrote:Yikes, I hope my supervisor isn't an inflexible, OCD, power-hungry bitch when I take this thing tomorrow.

God, me too.

I think I actually met the supervisor though...I asked for whoever was in charge of the LSAT and they took me to her. She was like "Don't get stressed, it's a 5 sections exam and with 15 minute break and then an unscored essay..." and I just wanted to be like "Look if I'm the kind of person who comes to scout the test center do you really think I don't know what the LSAT is about?"

She seemed nice though.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:46 pm

The best things I heard today came from the proctor herself, who at one point, when reading directions, referred to the writing sample as the "writing salmon."

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:11 pm

I was waiting in line to sign in and decided to step out to use the bathroom. As I walked by the end of the line, I heard someone say, "There's one down!". I almost just peed on him instead of going to the bathroom.

I also saw a pregnant girl at the test center. Talk about adding a level of difficulty to the exam. Also adds new definition to after the test when people talk about whether they'll "keep it".

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:13 pm

jingosaur wrote:I was waiting in line to sign in and decided to step out to use the bathroom. As I walked by the end of the line, I heard someone say, "There's one down!". I almost just peed on him instead of going to the bathroom.

I also saw a pregnant girl at the test center. Talk about adding a level of difficulty to the exam. Also adds new definition to after the test when people talk about whether they'll "keep it".

Northwestern had a grad go into labor DURING THE BAR EXAM a year or two ago. She stuck it out and finished what she needed to do, and then left early. (They don't usually allow testers to leave early, apparently, but she'd gotten permission ahead of time just in case.) Fortunately for her it was the second day of the bar. She passed.

ETA: If anyone is wondering about the test Nazi room supervisor I'm working for today, she is in a much better mood now than she was at the break. I guess we didn't screw anything up during the second half.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

XxMVPxX

Postby XxMVPxX » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Guy shows up holding his LSAT ticket and his picture in two separate hands and proceeds to walk around looking for glue and tape. Then I overhear him talking to a guy and he says "I'm a 5th year sophomore, I only took 4 credits my first semester. I got a C+ in that class, I worked hard for that one." as he chuckles to himself.

mfw

http://i.imgur.com/iA4m7NY.gif

walterwhite

Postby walterwhite » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:58 pm

my proctor called me out for being the last one to fill in all the bubbles. i have a long last name sorry brah

Nightingale

Postby Nightingale » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Less than 10 minutes into section 1, the girl next to me stands up and says she wants to cancel her test. I felt bad...

lsatkid007

Postby lsatkid007 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:09 pm

I asked if I could use my calculator during the game section, while in line and the guy next to me said "oh shit I didn't bring mine".

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:12 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:I asked if I could use my calculator during the game section, while in line and the guy next to me said "oh shit I didn't bring mine".

Someone at my center actually tried to bring a calculator in.

KD35

Postby KD35 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Nightingale wrote:Less than 10 minutes into section 1, the girl next to me stands up and says she wants to cancel her test. I felt bad...

Better than doing that on section 4 or 5. But yea that's rough.

haus

Postby haus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:48 pm

crestor wrote:i went in june and it was pretty boring other than the kid who had his cell phone ring off while the instructor was reading the instructions...

Today one of the proctors phones went off with about 10 minutes left in the writing sample.

guano

Postby guano » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:49 pm

haus wrote:
crestor wrote:i went in june and it was pretty boring other than the kid who had his cell phone ring off while the instructor was reading the instructions...

Today one of the proctors phones went off with about 10 minutes left in the writing sample.

So what?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:57 pm

guano wrote:
haus wrote:

So what?

He was thrown off his game, man. He had a great sentence going.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Going in elevator. Guy in a suit. Looks at my bag and says "WOW YOU ARE REALLY PREPARED!!" Asks to borrow a pencil.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:07 pm

This lady came to the test center with her picture in black and white printed directly on her ticket, no plastic bag, and one pencil ( and not a good one). Very Minimalist I guess.

mehiguess

Postby mehiguess » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Anyone take the test at UCF? I pushed back to December for the reasons you typically do but then noticed the breast cancer run was that day also. Was it a distraction or a clusterf$%! this morning?

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:16 pm

I met a fellow TLSer. His Tri-cons were a definite sign :lol: :lol: :lol:

haus

Postby haus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:20 pm

guano wrote:
haus wrote:

So what?

It was pointless other than the look of embarssment by the proctor. One of the test takers pretended to be annoyed, which the Procter seemed to take seriously until it became apparent they were joking.

Nightingale

Postby Nightingale » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:20 pm

KD35 wrote:
Nightingale wrote:Less than 10 minutes into section 1, the girl next to me stands up and says she wants to cancel her test. I felt bad...

Better than doing that on section 4 or 5. But yea that's rough.

The funny part was that she actually finished the rest of the test. Even though i'm sure she got some good experience, I don't know if I could force myself to finish 4 and a half more sections knowing I was going to cancel.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”