Overheard at the LSAT

MKX

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby MKX » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:32 am

These stories sort of upset me. People like this actually exist.

RG10

Postby RG10 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 am

This was actually an april fools joke by the LSAT blog.

--LinkRemoved-- ... -gmat.html

Haha so that's where she got it from. I had no idea who had told her that.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:51 pm

RG10 wrote:Heard this conversation between a girl and a guy outside the testing room

Girl: Yeah I'm not too nervous about this test because it doesn't really matter for law school.
Guy: Oh yeah I know what you mean.
Girl: I mean Harvard doesn't even look at the LSAT anymore, they look at the GMAT.
Guy: Really? I didn't know that.
Girl: Yeah they don't care. I'm like if the #1 school in the country doesn't care then why does local TTT care?

Also overheard this from two guys standing behind me waiting to register

Guy 1: I'm pretty prepared. I'm so freaking good at logic games
Guy 2: Those suck for me. How many do you get right?
Guy 1: I can usually get 12-15 right. I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.
Guy 2: Yeah that's a pretty good strategy. I might try that today

Last conversation I heard between two different guys outside the testing room

Guy 1: I was originally going to go into the medical field but the market is just so saturated.
Guy 2: I thought they always wanted doctors?
Guy 1: Naw. There are way too many doctors out there. I decided on law because it's a stable career where you make a ton of money.

True. It seems like anyone can become a doctor nowadays. Only sure thing is law.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Tekrul wrote:Oh that makes sense then. For some reason

That was a quality story though. I picture the girl in the story having a duck face in the picture.

miklos

Postby miklos » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Test begins.
Person two rows in front of me flips to the first page.
Closes the packet and calls a proctor over.
Stands up and walks out.

I felt like the room was the 74th annual hunger games.

RoaringMice

Postby RoaringMice » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 pm

At my test center, the guy sitting in front of me would crack his back quite loudly between each section. He'd twist in the chair, and I'd hear, "crack crack crack crack crack" as the movement went up his spine. Creepily distracting.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention the dude in my room who kept fighting with the proctor. He was like this 50-year-old hispanic dude, and when he came into the room, he refused to sit where the proctors had assigned him. He tried to sit in the back, and when they told him to move, he told them that he was disabled and would need to stand up, and it would distract everyone. The proctor asked him if he had run this by LSAC, and he said, "Yeah, I have, and for the last two years they denied me!"

The proctor ended up demanding he move over to his original seat. He kept getting lost during the part where we fill out the answer sheet, and was generally disgruntled the whole test. At the time of the writing portion, he tried to leave, and had to argue with the proctor, who assured him that he wouldn't have his test graded if he didn't do it. He yelled about how they had to grade it, and then just stood and leaned against a wall the entire writing section.

He'll make an amazing lawyer one day.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:07 am

I had a guy in the first row that kept scribbling on his answer sheet and ignored the instructors two calls to drop the pencil. He was told he would be written up in the first section of the test. I'm pretty sure he was not well prepared for the test.

RhymesLikeDimes

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention the dude in my room who kept fighting with the proctor. He was like this 50-year-old hispanic dude, and when he came into the room, he refused to sit where the proctors had assigned him. He tried to sit in the back, and when they told him to move, he told them that he was disabled and would need to stand up, and it would distract everyone. The proctor asked him if he had run this by LSAC, and he said, "Yeah, I have, and for the last two years they denied me!"

The proctor ended up demanding he move over to his original seat. He kept getting lost during the part where we fill out the answer sheet, and was generally disgruntled the whole test. At the time of the writing portion, he tried to leave, and had to argue with the proctor, who assured him that he wouldn't have his test graded if he didn't do it. He yelled about how they had to grade it, and then just stood and leaned against a wall the entire writing section.

Haha, I remember this guy from outside the test room. He asked the proctor if he could use a full-size garbage bag that he had with him because he forgot to bring a normal sized one.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:32 am

The kid sitting next to me in June 2012 brought a giant clear plastic bag with him to the test. It was completely filled with food. During the break he ate an entire avocado, several spoonfuls of peanut butter, almonds, and a bunch of other "brain food" shit. The grossest and most over-the-top thing he did was suck out the contents of an entire raw egg while the rest of the classroom looked on in horror.

StylinNProfilin

Postby StylinNProfilin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:35 am

October 2012

Some girl hid an LSAT practice test booklet in the fire extinguisher box and took it out during the break and headed to the bathroom with it. Guess she didn't want a break. Came back and did some weird yoga stretches on the floor. Not joking.

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:38 am

francesfarmer wrote:The grossest and most over-the-top thing he did was suck out the contents of an entire raw egg while the rest of the classroom looked on in horror.

--ImageRemoved--

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 am

StylinNProfilin wrote:Some girl hid an LSAT practice test booklet in the fire extinguisher box and took it out during the break and headed to the bathroom with it. Guess she didn't want a break. Came back and did some weird yoga stretches on the floor. Not joking.

That is such an elaborate scheme to not cheat.

StylinNProfilin

Postby StylinNProfilin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm

TripTrip wrote:
StylinNProfilin wrote:Some girl hid an LSAT practice test booklet in the fire extinguisher box and took it out during the break and headed to the bathroom with it. Guess she didn't want a break. Came back and did some weird yoga stretches on the floor. Not joking.

That is such an elaborate scheme to not cheat.

It was quite bizarre

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Last edited by californiauser on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:13 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:October 2012

Some girl hid an LSAT practice test booklet in the fire extinguisher box and took it out during the break and headed to the bathroom with it. Guess she didn't want a break. Came back and did some weird yoga stretches on the floor. Not joking.

lol WAT

how would this benefit one in any way?

I just remembered a gem from my test center:

Guy: Yeah, pretty much you aren't allowed to bring in any technology developed in the last ten years.

Dude: Why can't we bring in phones?

Guy: With Google being what it is you could look up any answer on the test and get a perfect score.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:05 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention the dude in my room who kept fighting with the proctor. He was like this 50-year-old hispanic dude, and when he came into the room, he refused to sit where the proctors had assigned him. He tried to sit in the back, and when they told him to move, he told them that he was disabled and would need to stand up, and it would distract everyone. The proctor asked him if he had run this by LSAC, and he said, "Yeah, I have, and for the last two years they denied me!"

Haha, I remember this guy from outside the test room. He asked the proctor if he could use a full-size garbage bag that he had with him because he forgot to bring a normal sized one.

Instead of a ziploc? Lol, amazing.

capt_slow

Postby capt_slow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Best I heard was from two women talking during the break... They we discussing local ttt schools, and how they though anything 145+ would get them in and that seemed like an incredibly unfair number since it was so hard to achive.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:32 pm

capt_slow wrote:Best I heard was from two women talking during the break... They we discussing local ttt schools, and how they though anything 145+ would get them in and that seemed like an incredibly unfair number since it was so hard to achive.

YIKES. :shock:

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 pm

RoaringMice wrote:At my test center, the guy sitting in front of me would crack his back quite loudly between each section. He'd twist in the chair, and I'd hear, "crack crack crack crack crack" as the movement went up his spine. Creepily distracting.

This could be me. Did this guy finish each section early and try to fall asleep during the writing sample?

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
RoaringMice wrote:At my test center, the guy sitting in front of me would crack his back quite loudly between each section. He'd twist in the chair, and I'd hear, "crack crack crack crack crack" as the movement went up his spine. Creepily distracting.

This could be me. Did this guy finish each section early and try to fall asleep during the writing sample?

</humblebrag>

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:40 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

</humblebrag>

I know, right? I've also wanted to be able to crack my back without help.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

</humblebrag>

I know, right? I've also wanted to be able to crack my back without help.

:lol:

capt_slow

Postby capt_slow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:49 pm

I know, right? I've also wanted to be able to crack my back without help.[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]
I was doing the same thing

Mack12

Postby Mack12 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Not overheard at the test, but towards the end of a tour. Seemed appropriate for this thread though.

Student Guide: "So are there any questions?"
Arguably-18 year old girl decked OUT in Alpha Kappa Alpha gear: *raises hand*
Guide: "uh..yeah?"
AKA: "So what is the sorority and fraternity life like here?"

The tour guide stares at her for a few seconds and says: "This is a law school tour"
AKA: "what?"

Guide: *silent stare. Leads group out of library.*

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”