Overheard at the LSAT

North

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby North » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:27 pm

warandpeace wrote:no offense, I used to find this thread really funny, but I realize that all of you are pathetic geek losers now.

Oh get fucked

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:52 pm

North wrote:
warandpeace wrote:no offense, I used to find this thread really funny, but I realize that all of you are pathetic geek losers now.

Oh get fucked

Come on North, he did say "no offense."

Systematic1

Postby Systematic1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 pm

You're not really superior to anyone because you found an online forum. And btw, costco. $4.99. 10 mins. 4 passport photos. Doesn't take 45 mins and $10.

You guys need to live a little.

Ftfy

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Mustard Blood wrote:Random girl: "I just hope my test is one of the experimental ones that they don't grade."

Oh man. I was reading the earlier posts, just read this and cracked up so hard.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 pm

You're not really superior to anyone because you found an online forum. And btw, costco. $4.99. 10 mins. 4 passport photos. Doesn't take 45 mins and $10.

You guys need to live a little.

This user has been back seat banned indefinitely

mehiguess

Postby mehiguess » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 pm

More.

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm sad. Nothing happened at mine... but then again, I didn't leave the testing room during the break, so who knows.

One of the proctors' cell phones went off, though. It rang for what I imagine was a full minute. Another proctor flipped, glared at all of us, asked which one of us brought a cell phone. Finally realized it was another proctor's. Everyone glared at her.

Thankfully it was before the test, around check-in time.

edit for typo.
Last edited by Ixiion on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 pm

mehiguess wrote:More.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Oops, wasn't something I overheard.

jitsubruin

Postby jitsubruin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:11 pm

One of the test takers at my exam asked the proctor how many years law school is. Also, before the exam, the proctor was talking about how it is great that he is attending his unaccredited law school because he is only going to be $60,000 in debt as opposed to $200,000. :roll:

sasquatchsam

Postby sasquatchsam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Heard a girl ask a guy what he was looking at getting on the test while we were waiting to check-in. He replied, "oh well I took a practice test so I think I will get like a 160 or 165". I almost LOLed but I thought maybe he was really smart and tested at 165. Then again, if he was smart enough to do that he should have taken about 20 more PTs before the real thing.

RG10

Postby RG10 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Heard this conversation between a girl and a guy outside the testing room

Girl: Yeah I'm not too nervous about this test because it doesn't really matter for law school.
Guy: Oh yeah I know what you mean.
Girl: I mean Harvard doesn't even look at the LSAT anymore, they look at the GMAT.
Guy: Really? I didn't know that.
Girl: Yeah they don't care. I'm like if the #1 school in the country doesn't care then why does local TTT care?

Also overheard this from two guys standing behind me waiting to register

Guy 1: I'm pretty prepared. I'm so freaking good at logic games
Guy 2: Those suck for me. How many do you get right?
Guy 1: I can usually get 12-15 right. I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.
Guy 2: Yeah that's a pretty good strategy. I might try that today

Last conversation I heard between two different guys outside the testing room

Guy 1: I was originally going to go into the medical field but the market is just so saturated.
Guy 2: I thought they always wanted doctors?
Guy 1: Naw. There are way too many doctors out there. I decided on law because it's a stable career where you make a ton of money.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 pm

RG10 wrote:I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.

That's actually a pretty credited strategy if you're sucking at games. You can still get 175 while randomly bubbling the last game. Not that I would know that or anything.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 pm

TripTrip wrote:
RG10 wrote:I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.

That's actually a pretty credited strategy if you're sucking at games. You can still get 175 while randomly bubbling the last game. Not that I would know that or anything.

But you wouldn't consider yourself pretty freaking good at them then, right? And you'd be getting more than 12ish.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 pm

TripTrip wrote:

If I would of done this it would have been for RC

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm

RG10 wrote:Heard this conversation between a girl and a guy outside the testing room

Girl: Yeah I'm not too nervous about this test because it doesn't really matter for law school.
Girl: I mean Harvard doesn't even look at the LSAT anymore, they look at the GMAT.
Girl: Yeah they don't care. I'm like if the #1 school in the country doesn't care then why does local TTT care?

This was actually an april fools joke by the LSAT blog.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/ha ... -gmat.html

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

RG10 wrote:Heard this conversation between a girl and a guy outside the testing room

Lol, sounds like someone overestimated the truth of this April Fool's prank: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/harvard-law-school-drops-lsat-for-gmat.html

What a dumbass. :lol:

ETA: Nova beat me to it!

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

great minds...

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Tekrul wrote:Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.

Are you on MySpace?

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Person: "Well I already have an MBA, but it's in finance and there aren't any good jobs in finance."
Me: "Well the legal market is pretty tough right now too."
Person: "Well I want to do non-profit, so that doesn't really apply to me."

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Br3v wrote:
Tekrul wrote:Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.

Are you on MySpace?

I don't follow what you were trying to convey

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Tekrul wrote:
Br3v wrote:

Are you on MySpace?

You just seem like you have a Myspace

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh that makes sense then. For some reason

North

Postby North » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 am

Br3v wrote:
Tekrul wrote:
Br3v wrote:

Are you on MySpace?

You just seem like you have a Myspace
Tekrul wrote:Oh that makes sense then. For some reason

:lol:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”