Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby North » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:27 pm

warandpeace wrote:no offense, I used to find this thread really funny, but I realize that all of you are pathetic geek losers now.

Oh get fucked

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:52 pm

North wrote:
warandpeace wrote:no offense, I used to find this thread really funny, but I realize that all of you are pathetic geek losers now.

Oh get fucked


Come on North, he did say "no offense."

User avatar
Systematic1
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Systematic1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 pm

warandpeace wrote:no offense, I used to find this thread really funny, but I realize that all of you are pathetic geek losers now.

You're not really superior to anyone because you found an online forum. And btw, costco. $4.99. 10 mins. 4 passport photos. Doesn't take 45 mins and $10.

You guys need to live a little.


Ftfy

User avatar
Ixiion
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Ixiion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Mustard Blood wrote:Random girl: "I just hope my test is one of the experimental ones that they don't grade."


Oh man. I was reading the earlier posts, just read this and cracked up so hard.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 pm

warandpeace wrote:no offense, I used to find this thread really funny, but I realize that all of you are pathetic geek losers now.

You're not really superior to anyone because you found an online forum. And btw, costco. $4.99. 10 mins. 4 passport photos. Doesn't take 45 mins and $10.

You guys need to live a little.


This user has been back seat banned indefinitely

User avatar
mehiguess
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby mehiguess » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 pm

More.

User avatar
Ixiion
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Ixiion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm sad. Nothing happened at mine... but then again, I didn't leave the testing room during the break, so who knows.

One of the proctors' cell phones went off, though. It rang for what I imagine was a full minute. Another proctor flipped, glared at all of us, asked which one of us brought a cell phone. Finally realized it was another proctor's. Everyone glared at her.

Thankfully it was before the test, around check-in time.

edit for typo.
Last edited by Ixiion on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 pm

mehiguess wrote:More.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Oops, wasn't something I overheard.

User avatar
jitsubruin
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby jitsubruin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:11 pm

One of the test takers at my exam asked the proctor how many years law school is. Also, before the exam, the proctor was talking about how it is great that he is attending his unaccredited law school because he is only going to be $60,000 in debt as opposed to $200,000. :roll:

sasquatchsam
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sasquatchsam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Heard a girl ask a guy what he was looking at getting on the test while we were waiting to check-in. He replied, "oh well I took a practice test so I think I will get like a 160 or 165". I almost LOLed but I thought maybe he was really smart and tested at 165. Then again, if he was smart enough to do that he should have taken about 20 more PTs before the real thing.

RG10
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby RG10 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Heard this conversation between a girl and a guy outside the testing room

Girl: Yeah I'm not too nervous about this test because it doesn't really matter for law school.
Guy: Oh yeah I know what you mean.
Girl: I mean Harvard doesn't even look at the LSAT anymore, they look at the GMAT.
Guy: Really? I didn't know that.
Girl: Yeah they don't care. I'm like if the #1 school in the country doesn't care then why does local TTT care?

Also overheard this from two guys standing behind me waiting to register

Guy 1: I'm pretty prepared. I'm so freaking good at logic games
Guy 2: Those suck for me. How many do you get right?
Guy 1: I can usually get 12-15 right. I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.
Guy 2: Yeah that's a pretty good strategy. I might try that today

Last conversation I heard between two different guys outside the testing room

Guy 1: I was originally going to go into the medical field but the market is just so saturated.
Guy 2: I thought they always wanted doctors?
Guy 1: Naw. There are way too many doctors out there. I decided on law because it's a stable career where you make a ton of money.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby TripTrip » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 pm

RG10 wrote:I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.

That's actually a pretty credited strategy if you're sucking at games. You can still get 175 while randomly bubbling the last game. Not that I would know that or anything.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 pm

TripTrip wrote:
RG10 wrote:I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.

That's actually a pretty credited strategy if you're sucking at games. You can still get 175 while randomly bubbling the last game. Not that I would know that or anything.


But you wouldn't consider yourself pretty freaking good at them then, right? And you'd be getting more than 12ish.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 pm

TripTrip wrote:
RG10 wrote:I just do the first three games and randomly bubble the last game. It gives me more time for accuracy on the first three.

That's actually a pretty credited strategy if you're sucking at games. You can still get 175 while randomly bubbling the last game. Not that I would know that or anything.

If I would of done this it would have been for RC

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm

RG10 wrote:Heard this conversation between a girl and a guy outside the testing room

Girl: Yeah I'm not too nervous about this test because it doesn't really matter for law school.
Guy: Oh yeah I know what you mean.
Girl: I mean Harvard doesn't even look at the LSAT anymore, they look at the GMAT.
Guy: Really? I didn't know that.
Girl: Yeah they don't care. I'm like if the #1 school in the country doesn't care then why does local TTT care?

This was actually an april fools joke by the LSAT blog.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/ha ... -gmat.html

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

RG10 wrote:Heard this conversation between a girl and a guy outside the testing room

Girl: Yeah I'm not too nervous about this test because it doesn't really matter for law school.
Guy: Oh yeah I know what you mean.
Girl: I mean Harvard doesn't even look at the LSAT anymore, they look at the GMAT.
Guy: Really? I didn't know that.
Girl: Yeah they don't care. I'm like if the #1 school in the country doesn't care then why does local TTT care?


Lol, sounds like someone overestimated the truth of this April Fool's prank: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/harvard-law-school-drops-lsat-for-gmat.html

What a dumbass. :lol:

ETA: Nova beat me to it!

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

great minds...

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tekrul » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Tekrul wrote:Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.


Are you on MySpace?

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2225
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby jingosaur » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Person: "Well I already have an MBA, but it's in finance and there aren't any good jobs in finance."
Me: "Well the legal market is pretty tough right now too."
Person: "Well I want to do non-profit, so that doesn't really apply to me."

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tekrul » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Br3v wrote:
Tekrul wrote:Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.


Are you on MySpace?


I don't follow what you were trying to convey

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Tekrul wrote:
Br3v wrote:
Tekrul wrote:Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.


Are you on MySpace?


I don't follow what you were trying to convey


You just seem like you have a Myspace

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tekrul » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh that makes sense then. For some reason

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby North » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 am

Br3v wrote:
Tekrul wrote:
Br3v wrote:
Tekrul wrote:Loud protests from a girl I never saw, vehemently arguing with proctors that her blurry facebook photo, showing her drinking, in a clearly drunken state, and not being the central figure in a photo of multiple people did not violate lsac policy.


Are you on MySpace?


I don't follow what you were trying to convey


You just seem like you have a Myspace
Tekrul wrote:Oh that makes sense then. For some reason

:lol:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests