Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Systematic1

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Systematic1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Dude 1 "that first games section was almost as hard as the dinasour game"
Dude 2 "what's the dinasour game?"

Driving to the LSAT. Sees billboard for local home improvement store
"If we don't have it, you don't need it."
*notes the conditionality, and quickly determines contrapositive.

Girl checks in with admin.
"Okay you'll be in this room."
Guy checks in with admin.
"You'll be in this room."
Guy looks shocked.
"We have to go in different rooms?"
Admin nods head yes.
Guy and girl embrace each other in a passionate notebook style goodbye kiss.
Other guy in back of the line "get a room!"
Everyone laughs.

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm

My test center was hilarious.

Boomer woman to retaker guy: What was the biggest surprise when you took the lsat last time?
Retaker guy: There's 5 sections!
Boomer woman: No way! aahhhh

Same boomer woman: So for the reading part, do you guys read a paragraph then check the answers or do you like read the whole thing first?

30 year old woman walking into the test room: "If I don't get the score I want this time, then I'll actually study for the retake."

Strong $160 investment. Why not buy a PT and see what you score?

Patrick.Bateman.

Postby Patrick.Bateman. » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Some girl told me no one has ever scored a 180 on the LSAT

nutsforboalt

Postby nutsforboalt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

This has to be the best thread I have ever read.

SFSpartan

Postby SFSpartan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Wish I would have known about this thread earlier. But when I took in February:

Guy 1 (to some dude he knows): So what are you shooting for?
Guy 2: I just need a 150. That should get me to Thomas Jefferson and Golden Gate. I don't think it's really about the school you go to anyway. If you really wanna be a lawyer, you'll be successful.
Guy 1: Yeah, that makes sense. I don't have a target. I figured I'd take the test, see what I get, and retake in December. How did you study?
Guy 2: I used the official LSAC guide to the test, so I think I'll be fine. It has three practice tests, and they tell you what each section is gonna be like.

Proctor came out a couple minutes after, and we went in. But couldn't believe that conversation actually happened

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:24 pm

SFSpartan wrote:Wish I would have known about this thread earlier. But when I took in February:

Guy 1 (to some dude he knows): So what are you shooting for?
Guy 2: I just need a 150. That should get me to Thomas Jefferson and Golden Gate. I don't think it's really about the school you go to anyway. If you really wanna be a lawyer, you'll be successful.
Guy 1: Yeah, that makes sense. I don't have a target. I figured I'd take the test, see what I get, and retake in December. How did you study?
Guy 2: I used the official LSAC guide to the test, so I think I'll be fine. It has three practice tests, and they tell you what each section is gonna be like.

Proctor came out a couple minutes after, and we went in. But couldn't believe that conversation actually happened

Lol...a handful of people in my test center are planning on applying THIS cycle to TTTT Golden Gate and a handful of other unaccredited schools I've never heard of

AT9

Postby AT9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Wow, this thread makes my LSAT experience today seem really boring. I feel a lot better now. Not about the test, about my life in general. Thank you!

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Patrick.Bateman. wrote:Some girl told me no one has ever scored a 180 on the LSAT

:lol:

Postby 06102016 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Ruxin1

Postby Ruxin1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Patrick.Bateman. wrote:Some girl told me no one has ever scored a 180 on the LSAT

I wouldn't be surprised if that girl is now embroiled in a singh lawsuit.

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:

North

Postby North » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:50 pm

jas1503 wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 pm

North wrote:
jas1503 wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:

And then enrolled at Golden Gate

Mr. Lahey

Postby Mr. Lahey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:27 pm

I was surprised at the number of people I overheard talking about their first choice being a TTT or TTTT. Makes me feel better about shooting for T-25 or slightly lower.

Also people with mechanical pencils *facepalm*

One chick was obviously on adderall/crack bc she would not STFU before the test.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:I was surprised at the number of people I overheard talking about their first choice being a TTT or TTTT. Makes me feel better about shooting for T-25 or slightly lower.

One chick was obviously on adderall/crack bc she would not STFU before the test.

I took a test at Whittier. There was this one girl that just wanted to get into Whittier. It still amazes me that people are so clueless. Even before TLS, I had SOME idea about what the state of the legal economy was like. Granted, I thought LLS and Pepperdine at sticker were decent (I was wrong), but even then I always knew Chapman, Whittier, Thomas Jefferson and La Verne were horrible choices. This one girl's dream school was Lewis and Clark. Bitch, you're from CA...

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:54 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:I was surprised at the number of people I overheard talking about their first choice being a TTT or TTTT. Makes me feel better about shooting for T-25 or slightly lower.

A few people in my test were aiming for online/un-accreditted law schools. It was kind of unreal how uninformed many people are.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 am

The people who claim they didn't study are lying, and the people who claim they studied a lot are also lying.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:06 am

PDaddy wrote:The people who claim they didn't study are lying, and the people who claim they studied a lot are also lying.

The people that ask the proctor how much time they get per section before the test starts are usually the best prepared..to...

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 am

PDaddy wrote:The people who claim they didn't study are lying, and the people who claim they studied a lot are also lying.

So you're saying that the people who had no idea that there were 5 sections on the test were well prepared?

crestor

Postby crestor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:18 am

before the test even starts while the proctor was reading instructions, someone's phone went off.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:20 am

I didn't overhear anything funny, but there was one guy at our center who was 6'5" or 6'6", with a blue button-down shirt, Doc Marten-type boots... and a skirt. Not a kilt, either - it was some kind of light fabric with either birds of paradise or peacocks on it. Funny thing was, he pretty much pulled the outfit off, style-wise.

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:21 am

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:25 am

sublime wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote:I didn't overhear anything funny, but there was one guy at our center who was 6'5" or 6'6", with a blue button-down shirt, Doc Marten-type boots... and a skirt. Not a kilt, either - it was some kind of light fabric with either birds of paradise or peacocks on it. Funny thing was, he pretty much pulled the outfit off, style-wise.

Not going to lie to you, that sounds like it would be pretty comfortable.

Yeah, he was probably more comfortable than most of us. Crowded rooms, and it rained halfway through the test. The A/C couldn't deal with the humidity, so by the time we got to section five, it was pretty steamy in there.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:30 am

1) Hearing discussions of "all you really need to do is beat the 150 average, and as long as you studied before the test you will, since most people don't look at this beforehand"

2) Haven't read through this thread, assuming same story elsewhere. But someone was really confused that we needed a picture, and asked me if I thought the proctors actually cared. She never ended up taking the test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”