Overheard at the LSAT

RhymesLikeDimes

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Bro 1: "Yeah, I studied my ass off for this. I've been doing two sections back to back for like a month now."
Bro 2: "EVERY DAY?!?"
Bro 1: "No, every other day."
Bro 2: "Where are you going to apply?"
Bro 1: "St. John's"

Pretty tame test center. Lots of girls and non-LSAT girl-talk.

LexLeon

Postby LexLeon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

ajmax8 wrote:I'll go. This was a few years ago. This isn't what actually happened at the test center, but rather the night before (really the morning of because it was something like 4 am), and it still makes me laugh today. I went to college out west, and somehow all the test centers were filled up near me. Can't remember why I waited so long to register. Anyways, I had to take an hours-long bus trip to western washington university. Sorry if anyone is from there, but that place is a total dump. Anyways, I check into my shitty motel (HoJo's?) the night before. It's not too far from the school, but I call a cab for 7 am, or something very early, to make sure I get there on time. I'm in bed around 10:30-11, hoping for some solid sleep. It's Friday night, so it's party time in buttfuck Washington. Party time means a couple of dudes, maybe three or four, in the room next to mine, talking about who saved up money to buy the new air jordans, and who would wear them best. Paper-thin walls means I can hear everything. I call downstairs, hoping for a room change, but no one is at the front desk at this fine establishment. I put my head between the pillows to drown them out, hoping there's not too many lice on the pillow cases. At some point, maybe an hour later, I fall asleep. At some point, I wake up, disoriented. My bed is ever so slightly moving. I can't hear the voices, partly because I'm still half-asleep. I check my phone and it's about 4:30 am. Suddenly, without warning, and in the most ghetto female voice I've heard: "AWWW HELL NO!! [...]

Lesson learned: register early

I awoke in the middle of the night to an intense smell of cigarette smoke, a few hours before the test. The hotel was allegedly non-smoking.

I told an hotel official why I had stayed in the hotel, and why my quality of sleep was especially important.

He issued a full refund.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Mqt wrote:
Br3v wrote:Why is this thread not full of new stories?
Worst I heard was one of them say how they hate when they make us try to assume we know what the author is thinking.

Thats pretty bad :lol:

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Dudes I talked to were pretty chill at my center. They both seemed to be 'TLS knowledgeable'-eventhough I didn't ask.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 pm

From the waiting thread:
nyjets2090 wrote:Funny testing story, I was at a TTTT law school and the dean of admissions came in and announced after the rest break that they would accept LSATs from June 2013 and that admission counselors would be available after the LSAT. I'm thinking about writing a letter to LSAC cause I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

LOLOLOL

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:05 pm

at break:
girl 1- "I don't feel good about this so far etc."
girl 2- "why, we haven't even gotten to the important part yet?"
girl 1- (confused) "what? how do you know what's coming up?"
girl 2- "well, idk if you've had it yet but I'm pretty sure they always give the writing section last, because it is the most important."
girl 1- "oh, I didn't know that!"
girl 2- "yeah, schools don't care as much about how much you know about logic because you can just look that stuff up on the internet, but they know that it's hard to teach writing so the writing section is the most important."

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Guy walks out during break, " How did you do, I did just about as good as everyone "

The woman he was talking too, "Ya me too"

I go inside after break and see his last two sections the last 5-10 questions are all C. LOL

He came with TTTT Pencils, short point sharpened. chump. lol

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm

mvonh001 wrote:Guy walks out during break, " How did you do, I did just about as good as everyone "

I go inside after break and see his last two sections the last 5-10 questions are all C. LOL

None of this pencil talk here!

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Nova wrote:From the waiting thread:
nyjets2090 wrote:Funny testing story, I was at a TTTT law school and the dean of admissions came in and announced after the rest break that they would accept LSATs from June 2013 and that admission counselors would be available after the LSAT. I'm thinking about writing a letter to LSAC cause I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

LOLOLOL

They had good desks though, but yeah, dude was totally desperate.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 pm

mvonh001 wrote:Guy walks out during break, " How did you do, I did just about as good as everyone "

What a joke.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm pretty sure the worst thing that happened at my test center was me freaking out at the proctors because I refused to use one of the tiny desks (room assignments were split between a room where everyone had a full table, and a room where everyone got a matchbox attached to the chair.. guess which room I was assigned to). Pretty embarrassing (not that I wholly regret complaining).

Other than that, just seemed like a bunch of girls gossiping, and dudes staring into space. It seemed like most people might as well have been waiting for a random lecture to start. Then again, I was basically trying to ignore everyone..

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Pneumonia wrote:at break:
girl 2- "well, idk if you've had it yet but I'm pretty sure they always give the writing section last, because it is the most important."
girl 2- "yeah, schools don't care as much about how much you know about logic because you can just look that stuff up on the internet, but they know that it's hard to teach writing so the writing section is the most important."

At first I felt bad for them, like they were wounded animals. Then I remembered not to have remorse for anyone who cant take the time to google their future career.

(assumes they will ever practice law)

Dog

Postby Dog » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Mqt wrote:
Br3v wrote:Why is this thread not full of new stories?

Took the test with two other people. Worst I heard was one of them say how they hate when they make us try to assume we know what the author is thinking.

Do you mean there were only two people at the test center? Because I was talking to someone that said the exact same thing and I agreed with him. I have plenty of PTs in the 175+ range, but I knew what exactly what the guy meant.

mqt

Postby mqt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh sweet Jesus. Why?

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:I'm pretty sure the worst thing that happened at my test center was me freaking out at the proctors because I refused to use one of the tiny desks (room assignments were split between a room where everyone had a full table, and a room where everyone got a matchbox attached to the chair.. guess which room I was assigned to). Pretty embarrassing (not that I wholly regret complaining). .

That suuuucks

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Deans showing up at the testing center, good fucking god. Surprised they weren't passing out short-form applications in the parking lot.

Postby 06102016 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 pm

This User has Been Reported to LSAC for Cheating.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Omg...might be my favorite so far.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Deans showing up at the testing center, good fucking god. Surprised they weren't passing out short-form applications in the parking lot.

Yeah...if this isn't outright unethical, it's highly inappropriate.

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Nova wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Is this serious???

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:12 pm

jas1503 wrote:
Nova wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Is this serious???

:lol:

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 pm

nyjets2090 wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Deans showing up at the testing center, good fucking god. Surprised they weren't passing out short-form applications in the parking lot.

Yeah...if this isn't outright unethical, it's highly inappropriate.

Talk about targeting people before they even get the chance to research/know better.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:20 pm

I took my exam at a local TTTT. People at my center are dumb as shit.

We had SIX people who couldn't take the exam. I couldn't believe it. Several guys and girls had their name spelled differently on their IDs. This one girl was IN THE WRONG TEST CENTER. LOL. In my previous two LSATs, this did not even happen once. This one dude started getting all mad and saying, "What am I supposed to do? Go change my driver's license?"

I swear these people don't read instructions or something.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”