Overheard at the LSAT

vegso

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby vegso » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:45 pm

nick_scheu wrote:
hume85 wrote:When told where to enter our Social Security Number on the answer sheet one girl asked "Should we use our real Social Security Number or the one the LSAC gave us?"

I'm pretty sure someone asked that in my testing center, unless you posted it a few pages back.

what's wrong with that, both are fine

hume85

Postby hume85 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm

vegso wrote:
nick_scheu wrote:
hume85 wrote:When told where to enter our Social Security Number on the answer sheet one girl asked "Should we use our real Social Security Number or the one the LSAC gave us?"

I'm pretty sure someone asked that in my testing center, unless you posted it a few pages back.

what's wrong with that, both are fine

Everybody has one SSN, and the LSAC doesn't give you one.

nick_scheu

Postby nick_scheu » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Maybe it's an international student thing? But I don't know how such a student would have a "real" SSN. Maybe it's someone with a stolen "real" SSN (e.g., an illegal immigrant), who was also assigned one by LSAC?

Nah, it's probably just an idiot who doesn't know the difference between an LSAC Account Number and a SSN.

hume85

Postby hume85 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:25 pm

nick_scheu wrote:Maybe it's an international student thing? But I don't know how such a student would have a "real" SSN. Maybe it's someone with a stolen "real" SSN (e.g., an illegal immigrant), who was also assigned one by LSAC?

Nah, it's probably just an idiot who doesn't know the difference between an LSAC Account Number and a SSN.

That's what I thought.

ninetails

Postby ninetails » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 pm

hume85 wrote:
nick_scheu wrote:Maybe it's an international student thing? But I don't know how such a student would have a "real" SSN. Maybe it's someone with a stolen "real" SSN (e.g., an illegal immigrant), who was also assigned one by LSAC?

That's what I thought.

If you choose not to enter your SSN when registering with LSAC, they assign you a "fake" SSN to use on the LSAT. This is probably what she was referring to.

hume85

Postby hume85 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 pm

ninetails wrote:
hume85 wrote:

That's what I thought.

If you choose not to enter your SSN when registering with LSAC, they assign you a "fake" SSN to use on the LSAT. This is probably what she was referring to.

Pwned

HuskyHopeful

Postby HuskyHopeful » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:31 pm

BTW. if you dont specify your SSN number when registering for LSAC they assign you a placeholder one. The placeholder SSN is the correct one to use on the test if you have not entered an SSN.

radar714

Postby radar714 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Taus11 wrote:Today I set next to a guy who I felt was crushing me in every section. Not only did he use highlighters for each section, he would finish with about ten minutes left and slam his pencil down to let us know he is beyond this shit. At this point I am clearly feeling bad about myself - like wow, I am busting my ass to finish this section on time and this guy dicking around on his watch with extra time. After the test, I asked him how he prepared for the test to a point where he can work at that incredible pace. Then he answered "Oh I only pick two games, two passages and 13 questions I like the most and don't bother with the rest." WHAT DO YOU MEAN DUDE. IF YOU HAVE TIME LEFT WHY WOULD YOU NOT LOOK AT MORE QUESTIONS, OR EVEN RANDOMLY BUBBLE IN THE REST. YOU ARE JUST GONNA SIT THERE AND CHILL? The lesson of the day: not everyone who takes this test is like the folks on TLS.

picturing this situation in my head is making me lol so hard

just imagining him animatedly sorting through a quiver of assorted highlighters and slamming his pencil down after each section is so hilarious

all the while you were probably just thinking "holy shit this guy is NEXT LEVEL"

cynthiad

Postby cynthiad » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 pm

sabanist wrote:
danitt wrote:I had my sunglasses in my baggie and they didn't say a word.

Our proctors were pretty strict. They said that if an item wasn't specifically on the allowed list, it was prohibited. They made me leave my small umbrella in the hallway because of it. I might have gotten mad if it had been expensive, but I wasn't about to unleash on the messenger, even if it did turn out that they were wrong. At the very least, they were consistent.

According to this logic, I wouldn't have been able to wear my glasses while taking the test.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 pm

I remember feeling so bad for a girl in my test room.

She was coughing, and I am in my intense Br3v LSAT mode where they literllay could have dumped a bottle of LSAC approved water on my head and slapped me and I would not have looked up from the test. The girls coughs were not distracting me, and I could not imagine them bothering anyone else, but the proctor kept walking up to the girl AND ASKING HER IF SHE WANTED TO STEP OUTSIDE FOR SOME WATER. This happened like 4 times. I felt so bad because each time was like a 30 second conversation, and you know the poor girl took a good 20 seconds each time to reconcentrate.

Also, girl next to me was swivvleing in her chair in like the final 5 mintues or something. I didnt even realize I had noticed her moving until the same proctor came up and said "please stop moving, you are distrcating the other test takers". Saying this literally 5 inches from my seat I thought she was talking to me so stopped to look up unitll I figured it out. I am pretty sure the entire rooms reaction was something along the lines of not being distracted until the proctor decided to bring everyones attention to it and make a formal announcement.

HawkeyeGirl

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:00 am

HuskyHopeful wrote:BTW. if you dont specify your SSN number when registering for LSAC they assign you a placeholder one. The placeholder SSN is the correct one to use on the test if you have not entered an SSN.

I didn't specify my SSN when registering, but put it on the real test. They just emailed me a few days after the test notifying me that they updated my account with my real SSN. Was actually kind of nice to know they got my test haha

patentlybored

Postby patentlybored » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 am

This thread is making me fear the actual lsat and the absurd distractions it will surely have in store. Are there any threads on "best place to take the last which will have the least amount of n00bs?"

warandpeace

Postby warandpeace » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:37 pm

patentlybored wrote:This thread is making me fear the actual lsat and the absurd distractions it will surely have in store. Are there any threads on "best place to take the last which will have the least amount of n00bs?"

go to an unpopular test center, and by unpopular I mean one that you know the people in your area will be LEAST likely to go to. For example, a community college over the local major university.

Stupe

Postby Stupe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:
The Duck wrote:
TomThompson wrote:I hope that's the case with me! I had a bizarre dream where me and everyone in my family had taken LSAT's and we were grading them ourselves. Got a 170 and woke up in the morning extremely happy.

You graded it yourself and only got a 170? Lulz

I dreamed one night that I got a 190 so there's that

Yep, I dreamed I scored a 182.

Woke up with a severe case of morning wood.

VasaVasori

Post removed.

Postby VasaVasori » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hume85

Postby hume85 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Wormfather wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:
patentlybored wrote:This thread is making me fear the actual lsat and the absurd distractions it will surely have in store. Are there any threads on "best place to take the last which will have the least amount of n00bs?"

--LinkRemoved--

I'm traveling 2 hours and staying in a hotel to do my third take at Western New England School of Law in Springfield, MA. Carpeted floor, huge desks that are bolted to the floor, perfect light, the air conditioning unit even emits the perfect white noise. And if that wasnt good enough they have cookies and brownies during the break and after the test.

HYS treatment at a TTT FTW.

Good luck with the retake. That sounds like a great test center.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 am

hume85 wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

I'm traveling 2 hours and staying in a hotel to do my third take at Western New England School of Law in Springfield, MA. Carpeted floor, huge desks that are bolted to the floor, perfect light, the air conditioning unit even emits the perfect white noise. And if that wasnt good enough they have cookies and brownies during the break and after the test.

Good luck with the retake. That sounds like a great test center.

Yaaaas2013

Postby Yaaaas2013 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:03 pm

bump

Yaaaas2013

Postby Yaaaas2013 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:05 pm

the backup proctor fell asleep during the exam. She snored through sections 4 and 5 of my exam. I thought about cancelling, but laughed at the humor of the situation. Oh well...June lsat, here I come.

SEngland

Postby SEngland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Yaaaas2013 wrote:bump

why? did you not see the one already going? unreal.

mg7

Postby mg7 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

"I took like 5 practice tests, so none of these questions will be new to me"

Cellar-door

Postby Cellar-door » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Wormfather wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

I went to WNEC for this one too (I refuse to recognize the name change) it is a really nice spot to take the test.
You weren't the guy with French Cuffs were you... because really, unless you are wearing a tux, are landed nobility, or are European over 50 and own a yacht French cuffs are never acceptable.

redecember

Postby redecember » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 pm

A: "Who's your favorite basketball team?"
B: "Lakers and Celtics"

SEngland

Postby SEngland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Guy 1: "Is that your gf that just dropped you off?"

Guy 2: "Ya, she wanted to wish me luck and keep me focused."

Guy 1: "Does luck and focus mean she blew you on the way? Bwhahahaha

Guy 2: "She was driving the car, idiot."

Game. Set. Match

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:05 am

Bumping for more posts 'cause this thread is one of the best.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”