Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NoodleyOne

Gold

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:54 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
R86 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?
The odds are ever so slightly in your favor.
LOL at the 180 who retook and got a 175
Hello, Dave Hall.
Zing

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
R86 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?
The odds are ever so slightly in your favor.
LOL at the 180 who retook and got a 175
Hello, Dave Hall.
Still has nothing on the 170 who retook and scored below a 139...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/132974497/L ... uary-2010)

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Dude probably walked out or something. Or do walkouts count as a cancel?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Dude probably walked out or something. Or do walkouts count as a cancel?
Nah, you're probably right about him being a walk out.

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Somebody said it was a LSAT tutor who took the test drunk on a dare, if I recall.

I'll try and find the post.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

abcde12345

Bronze

Post by abcde12345 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 pm

R86 wrote:Somebody said it was a LSAT tutor who took the test drunk on a dare, if I recall.

That sounds more plausible. Why would someone walk out without canceling? Unless they decided halfway through the LSAT that they really didn't want to go to law school?

hopeimlucky

New

Post by hopeimlucky » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm waiting in line to check in. A lady that smelled like an ashtray is standing behind me. She tells me that she needs to score 12 points higher than she had been scoring. I say "that's going to be really tough to score 12 points higher on this test if you been testing that much lower". She tells me actually that was the score she got in 2010 when she took the test. I think "oh, ok that could be doable in two years time to score 12 points better". Then she asks if I studied. I say "yeah". She tells me " I didn't, bought a book but, I didn't have any time to look at it, haha". I think well you are screwed. Then, she hits me with the bomb.

"I need to get a 150. Last time I got a 138." :shock:

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:00 pm

abcde12345 wrote:
R86 wrote:Somebody said it was a LSAT tutor who took the test drunk on a dare, if I recall.

That sounds more plausible. Why would someone walk out without canceling? Unless they decided halfway through the LSAT that they really didn't want to go to law school?
There's a guy around here who got a score in the 130s when his attempt to cancel didn't work out for some reason. Apparently some kind of miscommunication with the proctor when he walked out. Re-took and got into NYU.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
abcde12345 wrote:

There's a guy around here who got a score in the 130s when his attempt to cancel didn't work out for some reason. Apparently some kind of miscommunication with the proctor when he walked out. Re-took and got into NYU.
Not possible. NYU averages.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

NoodleyOne wrote: Not possible. NYU averages.
LOL exactly.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote: Not possible. NYU averages.
LOL exactly.
And law schools are super holistic in admissions, not just numbers based.

abcde12345

Bronze

Post by abcde12345 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:There's a guy around here who got a score in the 130s when his attempt to cancel didn't work out for some reason. Apparently some kind of miscommunication with the proctor when he walked out. Re-took and got into NYU.
That sucks. Can't you just tell them you had a medical problem and needed to leave ASAP?

paratactical wrote:And law schools are super holistic in admissions, not just numbers based.
Harvard's new skype interview is really changing the game.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 pm

No way you go from a 170 to a 139 because of drinking... Unless maybe BAL of .4

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kitkatt

New

Post by Kitkatt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Lawquacious wrote:

No way you go from a 170 to a 139 because of drinking... Unless maybe BAL of .4
I think it's possible. It would definitely ruin their timing. They'd probably only finish about half of each section...tops.

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 pm

R86 wrote: Still has nothing on the 170 who retook and scored below a 139...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/132974497/L ... uary-2010)
It was a bet among LSAT instructors.

tekumamba

New

Post by tekumamba » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:34 am

abcde12345 wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:There's a guy around here who got a score in the 130s when his attempt to cancel didn't work out for some reason. Apparently some kind of miscommunication with the proctor when he walked out. Re-took and got into NYU.
That sucks. Can't you just tell them you had a medical problem and needed to leave ASAP?

paratactical wrote:And law schools are super holistic in admissions, not just numbers based.
Harvard's new skype interview is really changing the game.

did not know about this. hella scared.

timshellaw

New

Post by timshellaw » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am

I think someone already made fun of this, but I just about had a panic attack when I realized I'd signed the ticket before the test. I had prepared a ticket about a week before the test and my super expensive pictures (still bitter) from Kinkos looked overexposed, which made me paranoid. I had printed out two tickets, so when I got my new picture I stuck it on and signed it. I'm glad I realized it early enough and told the proctors who just let me sign above my idiocy with a different ink color pen--they said it happens often. I hung my head in shame. :oops:

^ That's as "funny" as it got.

The guy behind me raised his hand right before the test began and screamed something about his back medication and where could he take it, but should he take it, because being on pain meds is probably not good for this test, etc., etc., the proctors just told him to go outside if he wanted to take it. We gave him a collective death glare.

I had a pink art eraser (erases quickly and well) and the proctor examined it in my bag for about two minutes. She finally asked me if it was lipstick. This was my first time taking the test and I was overtly paranoid of upsetting the proctor, so I just went with it and said, "sure." Also, some kid wanted to steal my 100% Blueprint wood pencils, I was planning on ripping his face off.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:13 am

timshellaw wrote:I had a pink art eraser (erases quickly and well) and the proctor examined it in my bag for about two minutes. She finally asked me if it was lipstick. This was my first time taking the test and I was overtly paranoid of upsetting the proctor, so I just went with it and said, "sure."
So you thought purposefully mischaracterizing an allowed item as a disallowed item would be the way to go? Genius.

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am

Samara wrote:
timshellaw wrote:I had a pink art eraser (erases quickly and well) and the proctor examined it in my bag for about two minutes. She finally asked me if it was lipstick. This was my first time taking the test and I was overtly paranoid of upsetting the proctor, so I just went with it and said, "sure."
So you thought purposefully mischaracterizing an allowed item as a disallowed item would be the way to go? Genius.
The integrity of all scores is dependent upon all test takers/proctors adhering to the rules to attempt to control external variables as much as possible. This is one of those instances where no means no. Perhaps mommy and daddy should have disciplined you more when you broke rules.

ben4847

Silver

Post by ben4847 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 am

R86 wrote:
Samara wrote:
The integrity of all scores is dependent upon all test takers/proctors adhering to the rules to attempt to control external variables as much as possible. This is one of those instances where no means no. Perhaps mommy and daddy should have disciplined you more when you broke rules.
Wait, you are allowed lipstick, but not pink erasers?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:53 am

timshellaw wrote:I think someone already made fun of this, but I just about had a panic attack when I realized I'd signed the ticket before the test. I had prepared a ticket about a week before the test and my super expensive pictures (still bitter) from Kinkos looked overexposed, which made me paranoid. I had printed out two tickets, so when I got my new picture I stuck it on and signed it. I'm glad I realized it early enough and told the proctors who just let me sign above my idiocy with a different ink color pen--they said it happens often. I hung my head in shame. :oops:

^ That's as "funny" as it got.

The guy behind me raised his hand right before the test began and screamed something about his back medication and where could he take it, but should he take it, because being on pain meds is probably not good for this test, etc., etc., the proctors just told him to go outside if he wanted to take it. We gave him a collective death glare.

I had a pink art eraser (erases quickly and well) and the proctor examined it in my bag for about two minutes. She finally asked me if it was lipstick. This was my first time taking the test and I was overtly paranoid of upsetting the proctor, so I just went with it and said, "sure." Also, some kid wanted to steal my 100% Blueprint wood pencils, I was planning on ripping his face off.
You're an insufferable gunner. The whole post screams it, but the bolded especially gave it away.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TomThompson

New

Post by TomThompson » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:23 pm

The Duck wrote:
TomThompson wrote:I hope that's the case with me! I had a bizarre dream where me and everyone in my family had taken LSAT's and we were grading them ourselves. Got a 170 and woke up in the morning extremely happy.
You graded it yourself and only got a 170? Lulz
Well I wasn't cheating! Just grading my answers using the answer sheet.

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:50 pm

When told where to enter our Social Security Number on the answer sheet one girl asked "Should we use our real Social Security Number or the one the LSAC gave us?"

nick_scheu

New

Post by nick_scheu » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:38 pm

hume85 wrote:When told where to enter our Social Security Number on the answer sheet one girl asked "Should we use our real Social Security Number or the one the LSAC gave us?"
I'm pretty sure someone asked that in my testing center, unless you posted it a few pages back.

lshopes

New

Post by lshopes » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:19 pm

R86 wrote:
Samara wrote:
Too funny! Now you quote me...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”