Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby nickb285 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 am

finnandjake2 wrote:One time I took the LSAT I had a nightmare the night of where I went to the wrong location and ended up being late. Horrifying.


I had a recurring dream (4-5 times in the week or so leading up to the LSAT) that I forgot about the test until it was about to start, and desperately tried to get to the school in time, only to fail. I wonder what percentage of test takers have nightmares about the test.

User avatar
zniha
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby zniha » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Guy at my center walks in looks nervous as hell

Proctor: Do you have your phone
Guy: Yes
Proctor: You need to get rid of it
Guy: Can I put it in the hallway?
Proctor: No, take it to your car
Guy: CAN I TALK TO YOU FOR A MINUTE (yelling)
Proctor: Sure...
Guy: Im not ready for this, I can't do this, Im just not ready
Proctor: Ok... you can cancel
Guy: Lets do that then...
And then they left

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sabanist » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 pm

nickb285 wrote:
finnandjake2 wrote:One time I took the LSAT I had a nightmare the night of where I went to the wrong location and ended up being late. Horrifying.


I had a recurring dream (4-5 times in the week or so leading up to the LSAT) that I forgot about the test until it was about to start, and desperately tried to get to the school in time, only to fail. I wonder what percentage of test takers have nightmares about the test.

I took a nap the afternoon before the test and dreamed that I was stuck inside a logic game. They wouldn't let me take the test unless I figured out where other test takers (QRSTU) had to sit in relation to me. I woke up in a total panic, still trying to figure out where the hell S and U were supposed to go. :oops:

alex.feuerman
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby alex.feuerman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:55 pm

.
Last edited by alex.feuerman on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suzige
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby suzige » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 pm

nickb285 wrote:
finnandjake2 wrote:One time I took the LSAT I had a nightmare the night of where I went to the wrong location and ended up being late. Horrifying.


I had a recurring dream (4-5 times in the week or so leading up to the LSAT) that I forgot about the test until it was about to start, and desperately tried to get to the school in time, only to fail. I wonder what percentage of test takers have nightmares about the test.



I had a few nightmares about forgetting to wake up early on test day, forgetting what day the test was, forgetting where my test center was, etc. I think it's pretty normal lol.

User avatar
finnandjake2
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby finnandjake2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 pm

I had a dream before I took the test the first time in which I was opening my e-mail three weeks after the test was over and saw my score. The scary part is that my dream score ended up being my real score.

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:43 pm

finnandjake2 wrote:I had a dream before I took the test the first time in which I was opening my e-mail three weeks after the test was over and saw my score. The scary part is that my dream score ended up being my real score.



This happened to me!!! I dreamed my score well before I got it.

TomThompson
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby TomThompson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 pm

I hope that's the case with me! I had a bizarre dream where me and everyone in my family had taken LSAT's and we were grading them ourselves. Got a 170 and woke up in the morning extremely happy.

The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby The Duck » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm

TomThompson wrote:I hope that's the case with me! I had a bizarre dream where me and everyone in my family had taken LSAT's and we were grading them ourselves. Got a 170 and woke up in the morning extremely happy.


You graded it yourself and only got a 170? Lulz

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sl5uw13 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 pm

The Duck wrote:
TomThompson wrote:I hope that's the case with me! I had a bizarre dream where me and everyone in my family had taken LSAT's and we were grading them ourselves. Got a 170 and woke up in the morning extremely happy.


You graded it yourself and only got a 170? Lulz



I dreamed one night that I got a 190 so there's that

User avatar
Chambo
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Chambo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Image

ETA: Thought of this gem.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?

User avatar
Chambo
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Chambo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?


Would a 172 reasonably get you into your target schools?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm

.
Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Chambo wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?


Would a 172 reasonably get you into your target schools?


My main target is Columbia (HS are both super-reaches), so I would be borderline.

Honestly, I doubt I got a 172 though. Haven't PTd that low in... shit, two and a half months and feel confident about the test. IT would just be so... blech.

User avatar
Chambo
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Chambo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:54 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
Chambo wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?


Would a 172 reasonably get you into your target schools?


My main target is Columbia (HS are both super-reaches), so I would be borderline.

Honestly, I doubt I got a 172 though. Haven't PTd that low in... shit, two and a half months and feel confident about the test. IT would just be so... blech.


Well, I guess you should burn that bridge when you come to it.

It seems unlikely that you dipped that low, especially since I recall you saying that you crushed games.

Having target schools is great, but unless there's one very specific reason driving your desire to go there (i.e. your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend is already in school there and you want to live with them), it may be counterproductive to only want to go to one school. If you're capable of battling your way to the class position at Columbia that would warrant serious biglaw offers, I'm willing to bet you could do it at other schools as well.

ETA: not that I'm saying you would only want to go if you got into Columbia, or that you are dead-set on biglaw, but I'm a firm believer (after having talked to many recent graduates from all sorts of schools) that a good situation/fit in a school may be wayy more important than the raw prestige of the name on the diploma.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Oh I'm not saying Columbia or bust. It's all about biglaw and debt aversion. Good scholly will pry me away from Columbia in a heartbeat. Columbia is just the school with the best placement that I have a good shot of getting into.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby VeeD101 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 am

TomThompson wrote:One guy refused to take his ear plugs out, insisting that, because they weren't on one list of prohibited items (though I am fairly sure they were on the admission ticket list) he should be allowed to wear them. Kept arguing until the proctors found the spot in the test where it lists them specifically.

Another girl got quite upset because the head proctor- who was being a bit ridiculous- said that no one was allowed out to go to the bathroom, and she didn't care what the LSAC rules said about bathroom trips in the case of emergencies, because no bathrooms was "MY RULES!" [sic]. It turned out the girl in question had a very legitimate medical issue and had checked LSAC beforehand regarding bathroom breaks during the test.


Ear plugs are not allowed? I guess I didn't read that one, neither did my proctors - I had mine on during the RC section. Oops.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Br3v » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:05 am

VeeD101 wrote:
TomThompson wrote:One guy refused to take his ear plugs out, insisting that, because they weren't on one list of prohibited items (though I am fairly sure they were on the admission ticket list) he should be allowed to wear them. Kept arguing until the proctors found the spot in the test where it lists them specifically.

Another girl got quite upset because the head proctor- who was being a bit ridiculous- said that no one was allowed out to go to the bathroom, and she didn't care what the LSAC rules said about bathroom trips in the case of emergencies, because no bathrooms was "MY RULES!" [sic]. It turned out the girl in question had a very legitimate medical issue and had checked LSAC beforehand regarding bathroom breaks during the test.


Ear plugs are not allowed? I guess I didn't read that one, neither did my proctors - I had mine on during the RC section. Oops.


yeah, not allowed.

ninetails
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby ninetails » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 am

...
Last edited by ninetails on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby northwood » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am

If you submit your apps now and retake in December schools will put yours in the earlier pile thanif u wait . Send some in and then wait and see bout the rest

User avatar
abcde12345
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby abcde12345 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:09 am

Is this now the thread where we actually talk about LSAT stuff? I like this one.

And lol Noodley, you won't get a 172; if you think you did well on games, you probably did. And LR was too easy to bring your score down that much. Are you a 2x taker already? Even then, I'd still retake a 172 if I were you. You seem to know your stuff really well, so that it's just a matter of right place right time.

User avatar
R86
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby R86 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:19 am

NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?


The odds are ever so slightly in your favor.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 pm

R86 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?


The odds are ever so slightly in your favor.

LOL at the 180 who retook and got a 175

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 20130312 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
R86 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I'm thinking I may retake if I get a 172. Is that stupid?


The odds are ever so slightly in your favor.

LOL at the 180 who retook and got a 175

Hello, Dave Hall.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests