Overheard at the LSAT

bitsy

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby bitsy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 pm

the proctor for my exam was a little clueless.

the guy next to me was confused about the rules she was reading aloud. he pointed to a box on the answer sheet, and asked her if he needed to sign it. she said yes.

it was the cancellation box.

luckily, he got it sorted on his own, but dammm proctor step it up//

EvilClinton

Postby EvilClinton » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Wow. None of this year's stories are funny. In fact most of them are pretty lame/gunnery. Come on October 2012 LSAT takers. Make me laugh.

kdub1982

Postby kdub1982 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:39 pm

removed
Last edited by kdub1982 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitkatt

Postby Kitkatt » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 am

I didn't really hear too much but there was one girl who was strange. In the hallway before we went into the test room she was doing stretches right in front of those of us who were sitting and waiting. The worst part was that she kept bending over and sticking her ass in everyone else's faces while she was performing her stretches. While we were sitting in the test rooms waiting for the proctors to start she turned and yelled at the guy next to her to stop moving his leg because it was going to mess up her test. We hadn't even gotten our test booklets at this point. The guy was really nice about it and said sorry. Then she proceeded to stare at him for two minutes shaking her head back and forth. It was super bitchy. When we got back after break she repeated her stretches at the front of the room. It was so weird.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:08 am

While warming up at the test center:
Guy: So what kind of law are you going to study?
Girl 1: idk, maybe international.... I really don't know yet.
Girl 2: idk, maybe corporate law.
Guy: yeah me too, corporate law. I'm going straight for the money!

During the break:
Guy 1: My buddy took me out drinking last night... bad idea.
Guy 2: I just stopped drinking an hour ago!
Guy 1: But we've been here over t--
Guy 2: In fact, I'm only here because I couldn't get a letter from my Rabbi; I'm supposed to be at a fishing tournament!

I counted two out of 30 people at my test center (including myself) who had both a good snack, a drink, a time-keeping device and an appropriate amount of no.2 pencils (less than 10).

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:17 am

During the break:
"Okay, that room is freezing. I know you all are cold because I'm fat and I'm freezing."

Postby 09042014 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 am

cahwc12 wrote:While warming up at the test center:
Guy: So what kind of law are you going to study?
Girl 1: idk, maybe international.... I really don't know yet.
Girl 2: idk, maybe corporate law.
Guy: yeah me too, corporate law. I'm going straight for the money!

During the break:
Guy 1: My buddy took me out drinking last night... bad idea.
Guy 2: I just stopped drinking an hour ago!
Guy 1: But we've been here over t--
Guy 2: In fact, I'm only here because I couldn't get a letter from my Rabbi; I'm supposed to be at a fishing tournament!

I counted two out of 30 people at my test center (including myself) who had both a good snack, a drink, a time-keeping device and an appropriate amount of no.2 pencils (less than 10).

Drinks, you are asking to have to piss.

mqt

Postby mqt » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

cahwc12 wrote:

Time-keeping devices are pointless after prep work, in my opinion. If you don't know how quickly to pace yourself in general, you deserve the -1/2.

lilhugsy24

Postby lilhugsy24 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:42 am

HawgDriver wrote:During the break:
"Okay, that room is freezing. I know you all are cold because I'm fat and I'm freezing."

Hahaha nice. So were you cold? lol

vegso

Postby vegso » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 am

Mqt wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

Time-keeping devices are pointless after prep work, in my opinion. If you don't know how quickly to pace yourself in general, you deserve the -1/2.

the hell they are

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 am

Kitkatt wrote:I didn't really hear too much but there was one girl who was strange. In the hallway before we went into the test room she was doing stretches right in front of those of us who were sitting and waiting. The worst part was that she kept bending over and sticking her ass in everyone else's faces while she was performing her stretches. While we were sitting in the test rooms waiting for the proctors to start she turned and yelled at the guy next to her to stop moving his leg because it was going to mess up her test. We hadn't even gotten our test booklets at this point. The guy was really nice about it and said sorry. Then she proceeded to stare at him for two minutes shaking her head back and forth. It was super bitchy. When we got back after break she repeated her stretches at the front of the room. It was so weird.

Weird, but whatever works for her. If for some reason I thought strange public stretching exercises would've helped my score, I would've had no qualms about doing them.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 am

x
Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eberry

Postby Eberry » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:02 am

At one point this older gentleman (think mid 40s) just leaned back and let out an audible sigh. The main proctor (and just about everyone else) glared at him. He looked around, seemed to think for a moment, then leaned all the way back until his head rested on the table behind him and closed his eyes. I chuckled, but a few test takers were visibly upset that they had to endure it. Everytime i looked up from my section, the proctor was still just staring at him. After the test he said that it was an "oh, f*ck it" moment during Logic Games. I liked him. I hope he did well.

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 am

lilhugsy24 wrote:
HawgDriver wrote:During the break:

Hahaha nice. So were you cold? lol

He was right. We were all freezing. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195278

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:19 am

toothbrush wrote:
Mqt wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

I agree to an extent that internally you have a pace, but knowing exactly when three minutes are left to double back or bang out the last 2 is very important. Or, if you have a tough game last, pacing your section helps a ton.

Yeah what are you talking about. We all have our internal clocks down but there are so many variables that could change meaning having that exact time with you is almost priceless.

CR2012

Postby CR2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 am

The guy behind me was such an ass. He argued with the proctor about being able to drink water during the test. She eventually acquiesced to this. Also, at the end of the writing section he asked her to repeat her directions because he couldn't hear her through his ear plugs.....

I don't think the proctor was too concerned about LSAC's rules.

finnandjake2

Postby finnandjake2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 am

So this conversation happened when the instructions at the beginning were pretty much done and after the proctors had already asked if anyone needed pencils (I swear at least twice already.)

Guy raises hand. "Can I have some pencils?"
Proctor points at the four or five he has already "Is there something wrong with those?"
Guy: "They aren't sharp."
Proctor: "They look sharp to me."

She eventually gave him some but she look disgruntled. He was in the tables in front of me and I had to try hard to keep my chuckle in.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am

sharp pencils are a disadvantage!

I felt like a boss with my TWO somewhat-dulled pencils--the same ones I've been using for the last 9 months.

finnandjake2

Postby finnandjake2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:41 am

cahwc12 wrote:sharp pencils are a disadvantage!

I felt like a boss with my TWO somewhat-dulled pencils--the same ones I've been using for the last 9 months.

The funny part was how sharp his pencils were already!

Anyways I do like having a fresh, sharp pencil for the games. Sometimes I can't even read my own handwriting and diagrams when I am working quickly and this problem is worse with a dull pencil.

danitt

Postby danitt » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:05 pm

When I did my test I used a new pencil for each section but when it got to the Games I used a new one for each game. Dull pencils during games drive me crazy.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:32 pm

When I took the exam, a guy kept writing after time was called. No one noticed but the proctor, who yelled PENCILS DOWN! about 30 seconds after she had originally called time. Dude keeps writing. "Sir?" ... "SIR!!" He finally looks up, she repeats that everyone must put their pencils down and he says "But I just have one more game."*

*wasn't me.

ws81086n

Postby ws81086n » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Was he booted?

mooseman2216

Postby mooseman2216 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm

I am sure someone somewhere is telling the story of the kid who didn't have pencils before the test. That kid was me.

This was my third time taking it and the first two times the test center had an electric pencil sharpener at the check in desk so I figured this one would too. Wrong. When I arrived I asked one of the proctors if there was a pencil sharpener around and he said "you should have brought one with you". To which I cannot argue, but it really was not the response I was looking for. I then proceeded down the line and asked people if I could have one of their pencils.

Luckily I found two nice individuals out of the 15 or so I asked who were willing to give up a pencil and a nice girl who sat next to me let me use her hand sharpener while everyone was getting seated. It was a tense 15 minutes where I was not sure if I would be able to take the test because I only had 6 unsharpened pencils!

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm

I remembered hearing (had to be the same person) someone drawing huge lines on their paper. Like they just started on one end and dragged their pencil to the other. I wondered what they were doing. This occurred in at least 2, maybe 3 sections. At first I thought they were just on LG before me, but idk. Maybe there is a test prep company that teaches that for games?

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Mqt wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

Your opinion is worthless, and that's not just my opinion.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”