Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Ruxin1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

So where'd you like to go?

Vanderbilt

Girl: where's that?

kkdk

Postby kkdk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Proctor before the first section begins (can't rip/separate something that I couldn't see):

"Does anybody have scissors?" (pauses for 2 seconds) "Wait, you're not allowed scissors. You BETTER not have scissors!"

Proctor decides before writing section that we should put our erasers under our desks because LSAC hates eraser marks on the writing sample ("They keep bitching to me about it." Her EXACT words). Some dude asks, "What if we need our eraser for the scratch paper?". Proctor looks at him for a good 10 seconds, poker face and replies: "It's scratch paper, why would you need to erase anything? Smartass!". Then she grins and says, "You guys are going to report me, aren't you?"

Honestly, best invigilator I've had for an exam, ever.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:So where'd you like to go?

Vanderbilt

Unless they are from whatever shitty state that school is in, why does this shock you.

oaken

Postby oaken » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Vanderbilt

Unless they are from whatever shitty state that school is in, why does this shock you.

+1

warandpeace

Postby warandpeace » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:38 pm

oaken wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Vanderbilt

+1

+2

Ruxin1

Postby Ruxin1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Vanderbilt

Any idiot should know this much of American history

Davidbentley

Postby Davidbentley » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Vanderbilt

Postby 09042014 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Vanderbilt

They should know where some unremarkable school is? No.

wingedwolf

Postby wingedwolf » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Random Girl: "Ok, so we're not allowed to go back to another section, but can we go back and change answers within the section we're working on?"
Proctor: "Ummm, can you repeat that?"
Random Girl: "Like say I'm working on #16 and want to go back to #15 because I think there's a better answer?"
Proctor: "Do you mean can you change your mind and erase your answers?"
Random Girl: (smiles) "Yes!"
Proctor: "Yes sweetie, you can erase."
---------
Proctor: "5 minutes!"
Guy sitting next to me: "Oh god, oh god, oh god...!!!" (he's on 17/27)
Proctor: "Shhh!"

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Blatant anti-Vandy trolling

Taus11

Postby Taus11 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Today I set next to a guy who I felt was crushing me in every section. Not only did he use highlighters for each section, he would finish with about ten minutes left and slam his pencil down to let us know he is beyond this shit. At this point I am clearly feeling bad about myself - like wow, I am busting my ass to finish this section on time and this guy dicking around on his watch with extra time. After the test, I asked him how he prepared for the test to a point where he can work at that incredible pace. Then he answered "Oh I only pick two games, two passages and 13 questions I like the most and don't bother with the rest." WHAT DO YOU MEAN DUDE. IF YOU HAVE TIME LEFT WHY WOULD YOU NOT LOOK AT MORE QUESTIONS, OR EVEN RANDOMLY BUBBLE IN THE REST. YOU ARE JUST GONNA SIT THERE AND CHILL? The lesson of the day: not everyone who takes this test is like the folks on TLS.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Proctor: "Just relax. Everyone is going to do great and end up making a LOT of MONEY."
:roll:

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Taus11 wrote:Today I set next to a guy who I felt was crushing me in every section. Not only did he use highlighters for each section, he would finish with about ten minutes left and slam his pencil down to let us know he is beyond this shit.

made me giggle

Postby 09042014 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Taus11 wrote:Today I set next to a guy who I felt was crushing me in every section. Not only did he use highlighters for each section, he would finish with about ten minutes left and slam his pencil down to let us know he is beyond this shit. At this point I am clearly feeling bad about myself - like wow, I am busting my ass to finish this section on time and this guy dicking around on his watch with extra time. After the test, I asked him how he prepared for the test to a point where he can work at that incredible pace. Then he answered "Oh I only pick two games, two passages and 13 questions I like the most and don't bother with the rest." WHAT DO YOU MEAN DUDE. IF YOU HAVE TIME LEFT WHY WOULD YOU NOT LOOK AT MORE QUESTIONS, OR EVEN RANDOMLY BUBBLE IN THE REST. YOU ARE JUST GONNA SIT THERE AND CHILL? The lesson of the day: not everyone who takes this test is like the folks on TLS.

Why were you watching other people during your test?

But LOL at only doing half the test. You'd max out at like 150 at most with that strategy.

Taus11

Postby Taus11 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Taus11 wrote:Today I set next to a guy who I felt was crushing me in every section. Not only did he use highlighters for each section, he would finish with about ten minutes left and slam his pencil down to let us know he is beyond this shit. At this point I am clearly feeling bad about myself - like wow, I am busting my ass to finish this section on time and this guy dicking around on his watch with extra time. After the test, I asked him how he prepared for the test to a point where he can work at that incredible pace. Then he answered "Oh I only pick two games, two passages and 13 questions I like the most and don't bother with the rest." WHAT DO YOU MEAN DUDE. IF YOU HAVE TIME LEFT WHY WOULD YOU NOT LOOK AT MORE QUESTIONS, OR EVEN RANDOMLY BUBBLE IN THE REST. YOU ARE JUST GONNA SIT THERE AND CHILL? The lesson of the day: not everyone who takes this test is like the folks on TLS.

Why were you watching other people during your test?

But LOL at only doing half the test. You'd max out at like 150 at most with that strategy.

it was hard not to notice a guy right next to me moving a fat neon highlighter around and slamming his pencil down

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Vanderbilt

Whats so crazy about this? The only people I know who actually know where Vanderbilt is are all college football fans, and only know it because of that. I'm from the Northeast, and to the average person up here, we recognize the name, but most people would have no idea exactly where the school is.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:14 pm

---
Last edited by boblawlob on Sat May 11, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airplay355

Postby airplay355 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 pm

"I really want to get into New England Law..."

"My top choice is Northeastern. I want to be a public defender."

:shock:

Also, girl next to me looked like she filled in D for half of the test. Thought for sure she was going to cancel but seems like she's gonna go ahead and let it ride. Oh wellz.

bettercallsaul91

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Last edited by bettercallsaul91 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:39 pm

warandpeace wrote:
oaken wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Vanderbilt

+1

+2

The funny thing is that this bias is one of the reasons Nashville is such a great place to live. To all of the unbearably rude people zooming and road raging around the road and trudging through the snow back to the rat holes they call apartments ("Northeasterners"): please, keep thinking Nashville is awful and never come here. We do not want you.

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

10/10

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Girl: So how long did you study?

Guy (in bragging tone): 14 hours. *does fist pump*

Girl: Nice.

fruitoftheloom

Postby fruitoftheloom » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:00 pm

During instructions about the test: When the time is up for the section, you cannot go back and bubble in any answers or make any eras-erasur-erasING marks". She also could not say "zip lock bag". Instead she said "baggies". And there were a couple more words the proctor could not read aloud. I giggled in my head.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:12 pm

buchy2009 wrote:The funny thing is that this bias is one of the reasons Nashville is such a great place to live. To all of the unbearably rude people zooming and road raging around the road and trudging through the snow back to the rat holes they call apartments ("Northeasterners"): please, keep thinking Nashville is awful and never come here. We do not want you.

Us from NJ feel the same way about the rats from NYC. Lots of nice things in NJ if you leave the main highways down the center. But I just tell NYC people that its all landfills and mafia members from top to bottom :)

Samara

Postby Samara » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Excellent.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”