Overheard at the LSAT

Nammertat

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nammertat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:10 pm

paratactical wrote:1) I did say "if."
2) I am not gonna out somebody.
3) All the information you need is in his posts. Y'all are smart boys.

Oh good lord! lol....

I would say this is crossing the line... but I need something to keep me busy till scores come out

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
SnapSnapSnap wrote:-Normal smalltalk with people in my group before the test. This middle-aged lady asks if it's my first time taking the LSAT, I say yes and ask her the same. She says it's her 5th time, and she really hopes it goes better this time. I ask if she's taken a prep class or done anything differently this time around to get the score she wants. She says, "Nah, you'll see once we start, there's no way to study for this test. It's just logic. It's either you think that way, or you don't. You'll see." [Did you notice she assumed I'd never seen the material before? Classic.] I couldn't help myself, I said it as nicely as I could, but I had to ask, "So, if you 'either think that way or you don't', and you've already taken it four times, um, you know, do you think maybe... you... just... don't... think that way?" Confused stare.

-At the end of section 4, proctor announces, "Look, we know someone in here has a phone, or some type of electronic. We've been hearing it vibrate since we returned from the break." Everyone is totally confused, no one has heard anything. The group (about 50 ppl) is unanimous that we haven't heard anything, but the proctors insist they've been hearing a vibrating noise. The main one says, "We know someone has an electronic in here, so to that person, you have two choices. Either just cancel your score and leave right now, or EVERYONE IN THE ROOM is going to get their score reported with an irregularity that they were suspected of having an electronic device inside the test room." That's when shit hit the fan. It was like Lord of the Flies. A handful of girls started crying, guys starting screaming & cussing at the proctors, it was chaos. One guy makes himself coherent above the other shouting, and yells, "We don't know each other! We're seated alphabetically, we're not friends! No one in here is going to cover up for anyone else. If anyone in here had a device, we'd throw them under the bus so fucking fast--" He started getting up out of his seat like he was going to punch someone, so the proctors told him to sit down and for everyone to wait while one went outside and called LSAC to ask them what to do. They come back and say that LSAC told them to resume the test, but walk around the room through the last section to see if they can locate the so-called device and then remove that person. I happened to be in the back row so I alone knew when they discovered the cause of the "vibrating". It was the fucking air conditioning vent turning on and off. Needless to say, they did not make an announcement of their findings.

-One more: Last year, picking up a friend who took the test at University of La Verne School of Law (provisionally-accredited shithole in a residential neighborhood in SoCal), waiting outside & overheard some 3Ls:
Guy 1: Man, I remember the LSAT, that shit sucked. My goal was 155, I was getting low 150s on every practice test. Then test day came, and bam, 147.
Guy 2: Yeah, that sucks, but you got into law school, so whatever, right?
Guy 1: Yeah, barely!
Guy 2: Well it doesn't really matter anyway. All these fuckin' idiots, spending all this fuckin' money to go to UCLA, USC, Berkeley, are so retarded. Next year, I'm gonna have the exact same degree, know the exact same stuff, pass the exact same bar exam, have the exact same license as they do, for way cheaper. (scoffs) What a fuckin' waste of money.
Guy 1: (scoffs in agreement) I know, man. Joke's on them.

Fo rllz.

Best update to this thread in a long time

But back on topic, this was a great story.

R86

Postby R86 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:48 am

paratactical wrote:1) I did say "if."
2) I am not gonna out somebody.
3) All the information you need is in his posts. Y'all are smart boys.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:54 am

thelawyler wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
SnapSnapSnap wrote:-Normal smalltalk with people in my group before the test. This middle-aged lady asks if it's my first time taking the LSAT, I say yes and ask her the same. She says it's her 5th time, and she really hopes it goes better this time. I ask if she's taken a prep class or done anything differently this time around to get the score she wants. She says, "Nah, you'll see once we start, there's no way to study for this test. It's just logic. It's either you think that way, or you don't. You'll see." [Did you notice she assumed I'd never seen the material before? Classic.] I couldn't help myself, I said it as nicely as I could, but I had to ask, "So, if you 'either think that way or you don't', and you've already taken it four times, um, you know, do you think maybe... you... just... don't... think that way?" Confused stare.

-At the end of section 4, proctor announces, "Look, we know someone in here has a phone, or some type of electronic. We've been hearing it vibrate since we returned from the break." Everyone is totally confused, no one has heard anything. The group (about 50 ppl) is unanimous that we haven't heard anything, but the proctors insist they've been hearing a vibrating noise. The main one says, "We know someone has an electronic in here, so to that person, you have two choices. Either just cancel your score and leave right now, or EVERYONE IN THE ROOM is going to get their score reported with an irregularity that they were suspected of having an electronic device inside the test room." That's when shit hit the fan. It was like Lord of the Flies. A handful of girls started crying, guys starting screaming & cussing at the proctors, it was chaos. One guy makes himself coherent above the other shouting, and yells, "We don't know each other! We're seated alphabetically, we're not friends! No one in here is going to cover up for anyone else. If anyone in here had a device, we'd throw them under the bus so fucking fast--" He started getting up out of his seat like he was going to punch someone, so the proctors told him to sit down and for everyone to wait while one went outside and called LSAC to ask them what to do. They come back and say that LSAC told them to resume the test, but walk around the room through the last section to see if they can locate the so-called device and then remove that person. I happened to be in the back row so I alone knew when they discovered the cause of the "vibrating". It was the fucking air conditioning vent turning on and off. Needless to say, they did not make an announcement of their findings.

-One more: Last year, picking up a friend who took the test at University of La Verne School of Law (provisionally-accredited shithole in a residential neighborhood in SoCal), waiting outside & overheard some 3Ls:
Guy 1: Man, I remember the LSAT, that shit sucked. My goal was 155, I was getting low 150s on every practice test. Then test day came, and bam, 147.
Guy 2: Yeah, that sucks, but you got into law school, so whatever, right?
Guy 1: Yeah, barely!
Guy 2: Well it doesn't really matter anyway. All these fuckin' idiots, spending all this fuckin' money to go to UCLA, USC, Berkeley, are so retarded. Next year, I'm gonna have the exact same degree, know the exact same stuff, pass the exact same bar exam, have the exact same license as they do, for way cheaper. (scoffs) What a fuckin' waste of money.
Guy 1: (scoffs in agreement) I know, man. Joke's on them.

Fo rllz.

Best update to this thread in a long time

But back on topic, this was a great story.

funny

R86

Postby R86 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 am

One of the guys I met and talked with a bit at the February test left an impression. He was retaking, and was working on some LG in the hallway before the test, chatting with people a bit.

Just before we go in, he takes the battery out of his phone and sticks the phone & battery in his sock. Pretty funny. He also walks in carrying one of those big ass tubs of yogurt for his snack. The proctor tells him it's supposed to fit in his bag, and he says to her, "I can pour it in if you really want me to." She said "no that's alright" and lets him in. I was cracking up. During one of the short breaks between two sections I looked back and he was just casually eating yogurt.

He let me use his concealed sock-phone after the test, which was cool.

Nothing else interesting happened. I'm retaking in October, so I'll try and get there early and overhear some shit.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:23 am

R86 wrote:One of the guys I met and talked with a bit at the February test left an impression. He was retaking, and was working on some LG in the hallway before the test, chatting with people a bit.

Just before we go in, he takes the battery out of his phone and sticks the phone & battery in his sock. Pretty funny. He also walks in carrying one of those big ass tubs of yogurt for his snack. The proctor tells him it's supposed to fit in his bag, and he says to her, "I can pour it in if you really want me to." She said "no that's alright" and lets him in. I was cracking up. During one of the short breaks between two sections I looked back and he was just casually eating yogurt.

He let me use his concealed sock-phone after the test, which was cool.

Nothing else interesting happened. I'm retaking in October, so I'll try and get there early and overhear some shit.

dude just needed a quiet place to eat some yogurt. respect.

R86

Postby R86 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 am

I really wanted her to keep pushing the issue, and for him to just smile and pour his yogurt into his bag all over the rest of his shit.

Seemed like the type of kid who really would have done it, too.

suzige

Postby suzige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 am

At my testing center I was walking around in front of the room before we went in to get the blood flowing.

A group 4 girls came around the corner, two of which were holding plastic bags. Two went to the bathroom. Two stayed outside. Then we all started to go into the room. The two bathroom visitors came back out and someone was like 'hey, they're letting us in now." Two of the four go, "Oh, we're just LSAT moms for today. These two are taking the test."

Then they started posing for photos outside the test center with their baggies. "Everybody say 'LSAT'!"

Puke.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 pm

suzige wrote:At my testing center I was walking around in front of the room before we went in to get the blood flowing.

A group 4 girls came around the corner, two of which were holding plastic bags. Two went to the bathroom. Two stayed outside. Then we all started to go into the room. The two bathroom visitors came back out and someone was like 'hey, they're letting us in now." Two of the four go, "Oh, we're just LSAT moms for today. These two are taking the test."

Then they started posing for photos outside the test center with their baggies. "Everybody say 'LSAT'!"

Puke.

wtf

PennBull

Postby PennBull » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
suzige wrote:At my testing center I was walking around in front of the room before we went in to get the blood flowing.

Puke.

wtf

"MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE JUST LIKE ELLE WOODS"

suzige

Postby suzige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm

PennBull wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:

Puke.

wtf

Lol, seriously. They weren't even assigned to our test room and ended up having to run out and find the correct one...with maybe a minute to spare before 12:30. Too many photos. Too little time.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 pm

PennBull wrote:"MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE JUST LIKE ELLE WOODS"

Obligatory.

suzige

Postby suzige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 pm

lol, not gonna lie. i watched that movie a few days before the test. It made me giggle.

RedBirds2011

Postby RedBirds2011 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
PennBull wrote:"MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE JUST LIKE ELLE WOODS"

Obligatory.

Lol how inspeartional!

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aequitas_

Postby Aequitas_ » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:56 am

I distinctly remember some Princeton kid sitting by me when I took the test last year. We were chatting about the prep we did and he was putting me down because I took a course and spent quite a bit of time doing self-study. He said something along the lines of "Dude, this test requires no actual knowledge. Its all logic, which is something I'm good at already. So I didn't study for this."

...And he got up in the middle of the test and walked out. Guess he wasn't as good at logic as he assumed he was.

Hahaha fck that kid.

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:58 am

Me and a friend from my prep class were sitting and eating our snacks during the break when this guy comes up. We talk to him for a bit and he tells us this is his 2nd time taking the lsat and he is hoping to improve enough to get into a particular school.....

So I asked what did you get last time

He says "131"

Oh man I felt so bad for this guy but what can you say?! And he seemed totally oblivious to how bad of a score that is. We just wished him good luck and tried to talk about something else.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:23 pm

http://gawker.com/5928398/first-orthodo ... ure-voters

Pretty sure this woman sat next to me at the LSAT.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:29 pm

rebexness wrote:I know I posted this in a waiting thread, but its quality enough, imho, to repeat.

Dec 11 test.

Older lady comes into test area with her giant bag of pencils. I understand this, I also had more than a handful of #2s. She proceeded to stuff them into her shirt/bra, pointy end up. The proctor asked "Are you sure that is safe???". I don't remember her response, but she took the test with a dozen of them sticking out of her shirt, ready to puncture her face.

:shock: :shock: What is even the point of that??? It's not like they're easier to reach that way. WTF.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scotchandsoda

Postby Scotchandsoda » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:42 pm

PennBull wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:

Puke.

wtf

LMFAOOOO!!!!

North

Postby North » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:45 pm

I don't know, I think she might have been on to something. Having all 36 of you perfectly sharpened pencils in your shirt prevents you from having to worry about accidentally knocking them all off the tiny desk in the middle of an LG section.

T00L

Postby T00L » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:35 am

North wrote:I don't know, I think she might have been on to something. Having all 36 of you perfectly sharpened pencils in your shirt prevents you from having to worry about accidentally knocking them all off the tiny desk in the middle of an LG section.

probably a calculated distraction to throw off other test-takers, ha

breadbucket

Postby breadbucket » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:03 am

rebexness wrote:I know I posted this in a waiting thread, but its quality enough, imho, to repeat.

Dec 11 test.

Older lady comes into test area with her giant bag of pencils. I understand this, I also had more than a handful of #2s. She proceeded to stuff them into her shirt/bra, pointy end up. The proctor asked "Are you sure that is safe???". I don't remember her response, but she took the test with a dozen of them sticking out of her shirt, ready to puncture her face.

Hmm, I wonder, what was so distracting that you forgot what she said? :lol:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”