Overheard at the LSAT

Mr. Pancakes

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Marlo's gone full douchetard.

Good can still come of this. The mods could ban all NYC IPs.

i fucking hope so.

chup

Postby chup » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 pm

marlo3point0 wrote:Seriously? In the age of IP proxy, an IP ban? lol. I'll be reading the boards. Don't get a heart attack. You can't do anything about it :wink: .

OK, how about this: You stop registering proxies and accept your ban, and I don't forward your most common IP addresses to the LSAC security account and post them here for all to see.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Called it

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:33 pm

chup wrote:OK, how about this: You stop registering proxies and accept your ban, and I don't forward your most common IP addresses to the LSAC security account and post them here for all to see.

popcorn.gif

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Can someone please create Marlo4point0 from a proxy right now?

Edit: don't actually do this, btw.
Last edited by birdlaw117 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 pm

chup wrote:
marlo3point0 wrote:Seriously? In the age of IP proxy, an IP ban? lol. I'll be reading the boards. Don't get a heart attack. You can't do anything about it :wink: .

OK, how about this: You stop registering proxies and accept your ban, and I don't forward your most common IP addresses to the LSAC security account and post them here for all to see.

Well, this just got real pretty quickly.

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 pm

bjsesq wrote:Well, this just got real pretty quickly.

bro, remember, marlo gives zero fucks

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Work is suddenly tolerable.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:37 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Where did this happen?

I know mods are on the case, because I made a "LOLO MARLO SUCKS" post in the moderation thread and it got deleted. If he didn't obviously suck so bad I would probably be looking at losing banginity.

EDIT: shitty quoting
huh? chup told him to enjoy his vacation, and I assume it is at least in part, a body of work ban

I was confused about what ban you were talking about. He was already banned so I thought you were talking as if chup had already permabanned him.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:38 pm

flem wrote:
bjsesq wrote:Well, this just got real pretty quickly.

bro, remember, marlo gives zero fucks

Irregularity reports aren't something to fuck around with. He needs to back off.

Paraflam

Postby Paraflam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 pm

I mean, even if LSAC were to find out exactly who this guy is, they wouldn't really have any way of telling if he actually cheated or not.

specialsnowflake

Postby specialsnowflake » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm

want more lulz pwease

twenty

Postby twenty » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm

This is the best day ever.

edit> lololol180posts

chup

Postby chup » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:huh? chup told him to enjoy his vacation, and I assume it is at least in part, a body of work ban

I banned him for two weeks for either a) trolling in the on-topics, or b) cheating on the LSAT and posting about it seemingly to gloat (which is basically still trolling in the on-topics). His shit-posting elsewhere on TLS wasn't really a factor, and it wasn't a body-of-work ban. When I banned the first alt I IP banned for a month because I'm lazy (phpBB gives you 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc. options, and you have to manually enter the dates/times for anything else).

bruss

Postby bruss » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 pm

chup wrote:
marlo45 wrote:No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Enjoy your vacation, dick.

chup. Since when do we use lounge language in the prep area. Wow

katesearches

Postby katesearches » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 pm

RedBirds2011 wrote:
katesearches wrote:I was pretty much in a daze most of the time, but there was this one girl who was talking really loudly during the break.

"That was SO easy. I know I did really well on it. I mean, it can't be anything but easy for me, I don't know about you guys."

I was so tempted to turn around, glare at her and tell her to shut up. Maybe I was more sensitive than usual, but it just rubbed me the wrong way, kinda obnoxious.

"I mean it can't be anything but easy for me"

Lolwut. I fucking hate people lol

i know seriously

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Paraflam wrote:I mean, even if LSAC were to find out exactly who this guy is, they wouldn't really have any way of telling if he actually cheated or not.

Think that will stop them from noting an irregularity?

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Paraflam wrote:I mean, even if LSAC were to find out exactly who this guy is, they wouldn't really have any way of telling if he actually cheated or not.

Think that will stop them from noting an irregularity?

Especially if he retook and jumped from a previous score

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 pm

chup wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:huh? chup told him to enjoy his vacation, and I assume it is at least in part, a body of work ban

I banned him for two weeks for either a) trolling in the on-topics, or b) cheating on the LSAT and posting about it seemingly to gloat (which is basically still trolling in the on-topics). His shit-posting elsewhere on TLS wasn't really a factor, and it wasn't a body-of-work ban. When I banned the first alt I IP banned for a month because I'm lazy (phpBB gives you 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc. options, and you have to manually enter the dates/times for anything else).

are people's obnoxious behavior in the off topics ever a factor (disregarding hate speak, AA debate etc.)?

chup

Postby chup » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:44 pm

bruss wrote:
chup wrote:
marlo45 wrote:No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Enjoy your vacation, dick.

This is the second time my liberality with language has given you the vapors. Do you need to sit down for a minute?

chup

Postby chup » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:46 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
chup wrote:

are people's obnoxious behavior in the off topics ever a factor (disregarding hate speak, AA debate etc.)?

It didn't do him any favors here, but the universal rule is that you have to do something banworthy per se to get banned. There are plenty of terrible posters who manage to stay well within the rules. The body-of-work ban is very rare.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm

specialsnowflake wrote:want more lulz pwease

bruss wrote:
chup wrote:Enjoy your vacation, dick.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Bruss is in here now? This thread is like moths to the flame, but for idiots.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Bruss is in here now? This thread is like moths to the flame, but for idiots.

hai

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Bruss is in here now? This thread is like moths to the flame, but for idiots.

hai

This is the best gif you have ever posted

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”