Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby danitt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 pm

sabanist wrote:It's amazing how angry people can get at the proctors who are just telling them the rules.
One girl was positively ENRAGED by the fact that she couldn't bring her sunglasses in, which I can sort of understand because I don't really remember them being explicitly prohibited, but the attitude she got as soon as someone told her "no" made all my sympathy disappear. There was a bulletin board in the hallway, and the proctor was trying to be helpful and suggested she hide her sunglasses on top of it. It was tall and thick enough that no one would have noticed unless they were actively looking for something up there, but the girl started turning red and goes, "You don't understand. These are RAY-BANS. They are EXPENSIVE." She starts going into borderline tantrum mode, and starts whining, "Well I WOULD call my ride to come pick them up, but I couldn't bring my PHONE." She doesn't even wait for someone to offer before demanding to use the proctor's phone. I was appalled. I can't imagine being that rude to anyone for something that wasn't their fault, let alone someone who would be handling my answer sheet...

At the break, same girl was trying to talk about the test right in front of the proctors, and some of us were avoiding her like the plague, but we could overhear her. She said, "I just stopped reading after ___. This is stupid. Can I just leave after Section 5? You don't actually have to write the sample. So I think I'll just leave."

I had my sunglasses in my baggie and they didn't say a word.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:25 pm

chup wrote:
marlo45 wrote:No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Enjoy your vacation, dick.

<3

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 pm

chup wrote:
marlo45 wrote:No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Enjoy your vacation, dick.

Dammit, I was going to ignore all the rules as use the Mod thread as a call out thread against Marlo. Oh well, same result.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby chem! » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 pm

chup wrote:
marlo45 wrote:No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Enjoy your vacation, dick.


Excellent use of the ban hammer.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"


Slight variation on ol' number 1 (LinkRemoved)

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sabanist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 pm

danitt wrote:I had my sunglasses in my baggie and they didn't say a word.


Our proctors were pretty strict. They said that if an item wasn't specifically on the allowed list, it was prohibited. They made me leave my small umbrella in the hallway because of it. I might have gotten mad if it had been expensive, but I wasn't about to unleash on the messenger, even if it did turn out that they were wrong. At the very least, they were consistent.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby T00L » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"


That's exactly what I was thinking.
That's exactly what happened.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:39 pm

flem wrote:
Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"


Slight variation on ol' number 1 (LinkRemoved)


The Ol' number one you say. Not gonna fly round these parts

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.


The Ol' White Knight Alt you say?

I'm keeping this up all day now lol

marlo2point0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo2point0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"


If you read marlo's other posts, you'd know that he gives 0 fucks what others think. Anyhow, i didn't cheat. Period.

As for mod with the ban hammer, i've seen people do far worse but not get banned. It's ok, though. I shall permanently be in read only mode. No white knighting; this is the same marlo. You can ban this account, too.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:
Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"


If you read marlo's other posts, you'd know that he gives 0 fucks what others think. Anyhow, i didn't cheat. Period.

As for mod with the ban hammer, i've seen people do far worse but not get banned. It's ok, though. I shall permanently be in read only mode. No white knighting; this is the same marlo. You can ban this account, too.


lolololl

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

hahahahhahahahahhaahahaha Marlo cares so much it is painfully obvious.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:
Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"


If you read marlo's other posts, you'd know that he gives 0 fucks what others think. Anyhow, i didn't cheat. Period.

As for mod with the ban hammer, i've seen people do far worse but not get banned. It's ok, though. I shall permanently be in read only mode. No white knighting; this is the same marlo. You can ban this account, too.


You might just be the very worst.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.




Mal Reynolds wrote:Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.



BAM. LAWYERED.

User avatar
Perstephanie
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

What a rebel.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.




Mal Reynolds wrote:Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.



BAM. LAWYERED.


I AM THE MASTER OF THE INTERNET.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:52 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:
Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"


If you read marlo's other posts, you'd know that he gives 0 fucks what others think. Anyhow, i didn't cheat. Period.

As for mod with the ban hammer, i've seen people do far worse but not get banned. It's ok, though. I shall permanently be in read only mode. No white knighting; this is the same marlo. You can ban this account, too.

lol9ololoirhga

marlo2point0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo2point0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:53 pm

No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:54 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .


Son, you done fucked up. You's gone get banned for a long time.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .

Proof of you caring what others think about your shitty internet persona. At least it is probably less shitty than your real life persona, right?

User avatar
PennBull
Posts: 15421
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby PennBull » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Moar LSAT derp, plz

marlo2point0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo2point0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
marlo2point0 wrote:No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .


Son, you done fucked up. You's gone get banned for a long time.

I understand.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .

Image




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], blackpi, BobBoblaw, MSNbot Media, Pozzo, wildquest8200 and 7 guests