Overheard at the LSAT

danitt

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby danitt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 pm

sabanist wrote:It's amazing how angry people can get at the proctors who are just telling them the rules.
One girl was positively ENRAGED by the fact that she couldn't bring her sunglasses in, which I can sort of understand because I don't really remember them being explicitly prohibited, but the attitude she got as soon as someone told her "no" made all my sympathy disappear. There was a bulletin board in the hallway, and the proctor was trying to be helpful and suggested she hide her sunglasses on top of it. It was tall and thick enough that no one would have noticed unless they were actively looking for something up there, but the girl started turning red and goes, "You don't understand. These are RAY-BANS. They are EXPENSIVE." She starts going into borderline tantrum mode, and starts whining, "Well I WOULD call my ride to come pick them up, but I couldn't bring my PHONE." She doesn't even wait for someone to offer before demanding to use the proctor's phone. I was appalled. I can't imagine being that rude to anyone for something that wasn't their fault, let alone someone who would be handling my answer sheet...

At the break, same girl was trying to talk about the test right in front of the proctors, and some of us were avoiding her like the plague, but we could overhear her. She said, "I just stopped reading after ___. This is stupid. Can I just leave after Section 5? You don't actually have to write the sample. So I think I'll just leave."

I had my sunglasses in my baggie and they didn't say a word.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:25 pm

chup wrote:
marlo45 wrote:No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Enjoy your vacation, dick.

<3

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 pm

chup wrote:

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Dammit, I was going to ignore all the rules as use the Mod thread as a call out thread against Marlo. Oh well, same result.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Here is break down of Marlo situation:

1) he cheated by going back a section
2) everyone was like dude, that's cheating
3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"
4) sure enough, says "I'm kidding guys"

chem!

Postby chem! » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 pm

chup wrote:

Excellent use of the ban hammer.

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Br3v wrote:Here is break down of Marlo situation:

3) he freaks out, starts to make up clearly fake stuff like bringing a timer and scratch paper so that he can then say "I'm kidding guys"

Slight variation on ol' number 1 (LinkRemoved)

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 pm

danitt wrote:I had my sunglasses in my baggie and they didn't say a word.

Our proctors were pretty strict. They said that if an item wasn't specifically on the allowed list, it was prohibited. They made me leave my small umbrella in the hallway because of it. I might have gotten mad if it had been expensive, but I wasn't about to unleash on the messenger, even if it did turn out that they were wrong. At the very least, they were consistent.

T00L

Postby T00L » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:38 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking.
That's exactly what happened.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:39 pm

flem wrote:

Slight variation on ol' number 1 (LinkRemoved)

The Ol' number one you say. Not gonna fly round these parts

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.

The Ol' White Knight Alt you say?

I'm keeping this up all day now lol

marlo2point0

Postby marlo2point0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm

If you read marlo's other posts, you'd know that he gives 0 fucks what others think. Anyhow, i didn't cheat. Period.

As for mod with the ban hammer, i've seen people do far worse but not get banned. It's ok, though. I shall permanently be in read only mode. No white knighting; this is the same marlo. You can ban this account, too.

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:

If you read marlo's other posts, you'd know that he gives 0 fucks what others think. Anyhow, i didn't cheat. Period.

As for mod with the ban hammer, i've seen people do far worse but not get banned. It's ok, though. I shall permanently be in read only mode. No white knighting; this is the same marlo. You can ban this account, too.

lolololl

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

hahahahhahahahahhaahahaha Marlo cares so much it is painfully obvious.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:

You might just be the very worst.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Who wants to bet in under an hour a user with less than five posts comes to white knight for marlo? I'd take that bet.

BAM. LAWYERED.

Perstephanie

Postby Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

What a rebel.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 pm

bjsesq wrote:

BAM. LAWYERED.

I AM THE MASTER OF THE INTERNET.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:52 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:

lol9ololoirhga

marlo2point0

Postby marlo2point0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:53 pm

No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:54 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .

Son, you done fucked up. You's gone get banned for a long time.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

marlo2point0 wrote:No white knighting here. I said it is me. I tried to post when i realized i got banned. I created another account just to say that bit. Someone says i'm the "worst," another said he/she hates me. I guess it was coming :) .

Proof of you caring what others think about your shitty internet persona. At least it is probably less shitty than your real life persona, right?

PennBull

Postby PennBull » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Moar LSAT derp, plz

marlo2point0

Postby marlo2point0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:

Son, you done fucked up. You's gone get banned for a long time.

I understand.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”