Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.
I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|
QFP.

Also, you didn't bend the rules, and it's not only "technically" against the rules, whatever that means. You broke dem rules big time.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.
I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|
No, you broke them. And you're lucky a proctor didn't spot you, but you're so self-satisfied I wish one did.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

marlo45 wrote:
I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent broke them :|

Perstephanie

New

Post by Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:14 pm

marlo45 wrote:
"You have 35 minutes for each section" is the rule. That's not bending it, you broke it. And yeah, it blows, but it's part of the test.

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm

marlo45 wrote:Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section?
Whew, that writing section only took me like, 5 minutes. Back to LG!
Last edited by R86 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Perstephanie

New

Post by Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
marlo45 wrote:
No, you broke them. And you're lucky a proctor didn't spot you, but you're so self-satisfied I wish one did.
Agreed.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

R86 wrote:
marlo45 wrote:Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section?
:lol: :lol: Exactly.

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 pm

marlo45 wrote:
So by your rationale (and I may be reaching here a bit, but entertain me if you will...) if one were to know which section was experimental, then one could not answer ANY of those questions and use that 35 minutes to go back through the other four sections to improve their score?

Dude. Sounds TOTALLY fair. :roll:

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 pm

This thread got a lot more interesting. Hopefully we don't have another Duke-cheater witch hunt situation brewing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 pm

R86 wrote:
They took away the answer sheet during writing section. It was after a LG section. Technically i knew it was against the rules, but was paranoid about those 2 answers and i couldn't move on without thinking about them. It is what it is.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 pm

For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 pm

marlo45 wrote:

I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.
gaud wrote:For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.
I get that vibe too.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Nova wrote: I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.
Yeah, there's an aspie army forming as we speak...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

I'm not trolling, i brought a digital timer, too.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:24 pm

marlo45 wrote:
Did you also bring your beeper?

flem

Diamond

Post by flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25 pm

marlo45 wrote:
I hate you.

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:26 pm

gaud wrote:
marlo45 wrote:
Did you also bring your beeper?
No, but i brought a pager (if they're not the same thing) and extra paper for diagramming games. If the paper is blank, nothing wrong with it. The pager was only for family emergencies.
Last edited by marlo45 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 pm

marlo45 wrote:
R86 wrote:
They took away the answer sheet during writing section. It was after a LG section. Technically i knew it was against the rules, but was paranoid about those 2 answers and i couldn't move on without thinking about them. It is what it is.
I love how you keep using the word "technically" to justify your cheating.
It reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Nova wrote: I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.
In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do. Granted, I don't know if the security firm looks for people who claim publicly that they cheated on the LSAT. Not many people are both stupid enough to cheat and stupid enough to brag about it on an online forum

If I were you I would edit my posts. I'm very risk averse though. :)

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:36 pm

marlo45 wrote:
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

QFP.

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:38 pm

sunynp wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do. Granted, I don't know if the security firm looks for people who claim publicly that they cheated on the LSAT. Not many people are both stupid enough to cheat and stupid enough to brag about it on an online forum

Not editing. They are deliberate and serve a specific purpose.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm

sunynp wrote: In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do.
:shock: :shock: Where do I sign up for this job??? My current office job gets in the way of daytime TLSing, and daytime TLSing gets in the way of my current office job.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Nova wrote:
sunynp wrote: In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do.
:shock: :shock: Where do I sign up for this job??? My current office job gets in the way of daytime TLSing, and daytime TLSing gets in the way of my current office job.
The name is Caveon security or something close to that - don't know how they hire. Here is a post from them: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8#p5212068

Don't know if they are only active right after the exam.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:49 pm

sunynp wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Not condoning at all what Marlo claimed to do, but come on how the hell would someone ever know who someone is on here?

Edit: without of course the person flat of saying it or having a super detailed post that outs them.

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm

No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”