Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|

QFP.

Also, you didn't bend the rules, and it's not only "technically" against the rules, whatever that means. You broke dem rules big time.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|


No, you broke them. And you're lucky a proctor didn't spot you, but you're so self-satisfied I wish one did.

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby thederangedwang » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent broke them :|

User avatar
Perstephanie
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:14 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|

"You have 35 minutes for each section" is the rule. That's not bending it, you broke it. And yeah, it blows, but it's part of the test.

User avatar
R86
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby R86 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm

marlo45 wrote:Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section?


Whew, that writing section only took me like, 5 minutes. Back to LG!
Last edited by R86 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Perstephanie
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|


No, you broke them. And you're lucky a proctor didn't spot you, but you're so self-satisfied I wish one did.


Agreed.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

R86 wrote:
marlo45 wrote:Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section?


Whew, that writing section only took me like, 5 minutes. Back to LG!

:lol: :lol: Exactly.

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Honey_Badger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|


So by your rationale (and I may be reaching here a bit, but entertain me if you will...) if one were to know which section was experimental, then one could not answer ANY of those questions and use that 35 minutes to go back through the other four sections to improve their score?

Dude. Sounds TOTALLY fair. :roll:

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 pm

This thread got a lot more interesting. Hopefully we don't have another Duke-cheater witch hunt situation brewing.

User avatar
marlo45
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 pm

R86 wrote:
marlo45 wrote:Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section?


Whew, that writing section only took me like, 5 minutes. Back to LG!

They took away the answer sheet during writing section. It was after a LG section. Technically i knew it was against the rules, but was paranoid about those 2 answers and i couldn't move on without thinking about them. It is what it is.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby gaud » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 pm

For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|



I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.

gaud wrote:For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.


I get that vibe too.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Nova wrote:I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.


Yeah, there's an aspie army forming as we speak...

User avatar
marlo45
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

gaud wrote:For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.

I'm not trolling, i brought a digital timer, too.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby gaud » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:24 pm

marlo45 wrote:
gaud wrote:For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.

I'm not trolling, i brought a digital timer, too.


Did you also bring your beeper?

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby flem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25 pm

marlo45 wrote:
gaud wrote:For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.

I'm not trolling, i brought a digital timer, too.


I hate you.

User avatar
marlo45
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:26 pm

gaud wrote:
marlo45 wrote:
gaud wrote:For some reason I think Marlo is trolling y'all about it.

I'm not trolling, i brought a digital timer, too.


Did you also bring your beeper?

No, but i brought a pager (if they're not the same thing) and extra paper for diagramming games. If the paper is blank, nothing wrong with it. The pager was only for family emergencies.
Last edited by marlo45 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Honey_Badger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 pm

marlo45 wrote:
R86 wrote:
marlo45 wrote:Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section?


Whew, that writing section only took me like, 5 minutes. Back to LG!

They took away the answer sheet during writing section. It was after a LG section. Technically i knew it was against the rules, but was paranoid about those 2 answers and i couldn't move on without thinking about them. It is what it is.

I love how you keep using the word "technically" to justify your cheating.
It reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sunynp » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Nova wrote:I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.


Yeah, there's an aspie army forming as we speak...


In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do. Granted, I don't know if the security firm looks for people who claim publicly that they cheated on the LSAT. Not many people are both stupid enough to cheat and stupid enough to brag about it on an online forum

If I were you I would edit my posts. I'm very risk averse though. :)

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:36 pm

marlo45 wrote:
danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

QFP.

User avatar
marlo45
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:38 pm

sunynp wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Nova wrote:I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.


Yeah, there's an aspie army forming as we speak...


In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do. Granted, I don't know if the security firm looks for people who claim publicly that they cheated on the LSAT. Not many people are both stupid enough to cheat and stupid enough to brag about it on an online forum

If I were you I would edit my posts. I'm very risk averse though. :)

Not editing. They are deliberate and serve a specific purpose.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm

sunynp wrote:In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do.


:shock: :shock: Where do I sign up for this job??? My current office job gets in the way of daytime TLSing, and daytime TLSing gets in the way of my current office job.

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sunynp » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Nova wrote:
sunynp wrote:In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do.


:shock: :shock: Where do I sign up for this job??? My current office job gets in the way of daytime TLSing, and daytime TLSing gets in the way of my current office job.


The name is Caveon security or something close to that - don't know how they hire. Here is a post from them: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=178056&p=5212068#p5212068

Don't know if they are only active right after the exam.

User avatar
RedBirds2011
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby RedBirds2011 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:49 pm

sunynp wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Nova wrote:I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.


Yeah, there's an aspie army forming as we speak...


In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do. Granted, I don't know if the security firm looks for people who claim publicly that they cheated on the LSAT. Not many people are both stupid enough to cheat and stupid enough to brag about it on an online forum

If I were you I would edit my posts. I'm very risk averse though. :)



Not condoning at all what Marlo claimed to do, but come on how the hell would someone ever know who someone is on here?

Edit: without of course the person flat of saying it or having a super detailed post that outs them.

User avatar
marlo45
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm

No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 180orDie, applejacks888, Baidu [Spider], ds14, Greenteachurro, Instrumental, laqueredup, LarryFlint, loyalroyal, Majestic-12 [Bot], Pozzo, Roverse, testtaker99, ThatOneAfrican, thebeautifulfool, VMars, wiyjkim, Yahoo [Bot] and 43 guests