Overheard at the LSAT

LSAT Blog

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:56 pm

3FLryan wrote:Proctor: Now you must write, not print, the pledge at the bottom of the page.

Me: Excuse me, do you mean we have to write the entire pledge in cursive?

Proctor: Yes, that's what it says: "write, not print".

Me (out loud): "OK."
Me (internally): Actually it says "write", not "write, not print", and "write" has many definitions only one of which is "write in cursive"; the assumption on which you base your argument is really weak, thanks for the LR warm up.

I like where your head's at. Hope you rocked it.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:58 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
3FLryan wrote:Proctor: Now you must write, not print, the pledge at the bottom of the page.

Me (internally): Actually it says "write", not "write, not print", and "write" has many definitions only one of which is "write in cursive"; the assumption on which you base your argument is really weak, thanks for the LR warm up.

Damn I can't believe I missed that.

Also, LOL @ the depends one. Unreal.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Mauve Dinosaur wrote:2 guys who seem to know each other

Guy 1: "Okay say you're on your 5th section of your third writing and it's RC. You screwed up your last 2 tests but you aced all the other sections. This one is harder, but manageable but you WILL need all your time. Meanwhile your insides are churning and you know that you WON'T be able to hold it in until the end of the section. Do you shit your pants or give up your dream of becoming a lawyer."
Guy 2: I would totally shit my pants. Wouldn't even think about it. I'd smell like ass but walk out of there with my head held high like a boss.
Guy 1: Me too, I even came prepared. I'm wearing Depends *pulls down pants slightly*
Guy 2: FUCK wish I thought of that. You're a genius bro.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

loisaida

Postby loisaida » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:36 pm

In the MIDDLE of the 3rd section, probably about 15 minutes in:

Dude: "So if this is the section I've already had, does this mean it's experimental?"

The proctor shushed him and didn't respond. He surprisingly didn't get kicked out. In retrospect, if he was going to break the rules and talk during the exam, why did he wait 15 minutes into the section? That was bizarre.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Guy 1: "Okay say you're on your 5th section of your third writing and it's RC. You screwed up your last 2 tests but you aced all the other sections. This one is harder, but manageable but you WILL need all your time. Meanwhile your insides are churning and you know that you WON'T be able to hold it in until the end of the section. Do you shit your pants or give up your dream of becoming a lawyer."
Guy 2: I would totally shit my pants. Wouldn't even think about it. I'd smell like ass but walk out of there with my head held high like a boss.
Guy 1: Me too, I even came prepared. I'm wearing Depends *pulls down pants slightly*

3FLryan

Postby 3FLryan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:

Thanks. I hope so as well. It'll be a long 20 days!

Fairy24

Postby Fairy24 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:10 pm

I have a few....

June--one of my proctors had really saggy boobs and I moved my pencils away from the edge of my table as she approached for fear they would be knocked over. (No I am not kidding.)

October-- I sat near the check-in at the front of the room so I was able to people watch. This guy comes in with his bag full of snacks. I counted like two huge cookies, a bag of ritz crackers, candy bars, and some other food items--absolutely ridiculous. And he is carrying a HUGE bottle of water, like liter-sized. The proctor politely tells him that the water bottle needed to fit in the bag to be allowed into the room. He holds the bag up, and holds the bottle in front of the bag to show that the bottle could fit in the bag if the bag didn't already have stuff in it. Um, no sir, sorry. The proctor told him he would have to put the water in his car. So he leaves and comes back, and proceeds to make snide comments to the proctor about how the seat he wanted was taken, and if he wouldn't have had to leave he could have had the seat he wanted. Life's tough, buddy.

There were several fans of a despised football team present in my test room. Their game was scheduled to begin at 2:30 and apparently they all thought they would still be taking the LSAT during the game, because they requested score updates from the proctor (of course she said no). We were released at 1:15..... :roll:

And finally, why do people feel the need to bring 10 pencils? I kid you not this guy had 10 pencils on his desk. ???? I mean, I guess whatever makes him feel comfortable.....

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Fairy24 wrote:And finally, why do people feel the need to bring 10 pencils? I kid you not this guy had 10 pencils on his desk. ???? I mean, I guess whatever makes him feel comfortable.....

Maybe I'm just neurotic, but I brought 8 or 9 pencils with me. I like using a new one for every section, plus a separate one for bubbling in all my name info and writing the thing on the back of the answer sheet, and then an extra one or two in case the lead breaks.

What can I say? I just really like sharp pencils. :lol: And I don't want to waste time with a pencil sharpener. (alternatively, I'm just fucking crazy...this may be the more logical reason XD)

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:21 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Fairy24 wrote:And finally, why do people feel the need to bring 10 pencils? I kid you not this guy had 10 pencils on his desk. ???? I mean, I guess whatever makes him feel comfortable.....

Maybe I'm just neurotic, but I brought 8 or 9 pencils with me. I like using a new one for every section, plus a separate one for bubbling in all my name info and writing the thing on the back of the answer sheet, and then an extra one or two in case the lead breaks.

What can I say? I just really like sharp pencils. :lol: And I don't want to waste time with a pencil sharpener. (alternatively, I'm just fucking crazy...this may be the more logical reason XD)
I had 6 or 8. It's a lot easier to diagram LG really small with a sharp pencil. I hate dull pencils, and only use mechanical for daily use.

xChiTowNx

Postby xChiTowNx » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm

I was at a law fair the other day with a speaker panel...

the girls behind me were the annoying "Daddy will pay for my law school" types.

One of them said, "The median is 155? Actually, it just means you need to pass the LSAT to get in, 150 is like the passing score. I bet I could score 165 easily since I have a 90% average and 165 outta 180 is like 90%."

zozin

Postby zozin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 pm

I had two boxes of Ticonderogas, so two dozen. I'd rather have more than less, and I didn't bother with a pencil sharpener.

Mitterrand

Postby Mitterrand » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:38 pm

zozin wrote:

I had two boxes of Ticonderogas, so two dozen. I'd rather have more than less, and I didn't bother with a pencil sharpener.

Yea i never use wood pencils anyway so i bought a sharpened box of 10 and just put them all on my desk since it wasn't like i was saving them for anything. I threw my whole ziplock bag away after the test lol

jln04a

Postby jln04a » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Fairy24 wrote:I have a few....

June--one of my proctors had really saggy boobs and I moved my pencils away from the edge of my table as she approached for fear they would be knocked over. (No I am not kidding.)

I don't get the point of this...were your pencils stand on the eraser end?

SarahKerrigan

Postby SarahKerrigan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 pm

this is so awesome

cogitoergosum

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:14 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why do I love this one so much? A presumably healthy guy in his early twenties is conferred genius status not in spite of, but because of the fact that he is wearing adult diapers....

Only the LSAT... (shaking head)
Last edited by cogitoergosum on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cogitoergosum

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guy 1 = Dwight Schrute
Guy 2 = Andy Bernard

Run!

Postby Run! » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Want...more....lulz.

MachineLemon

Postby MachineLemon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:24 am

Bump for December...

breadbucket

Postby breadbucket » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:45 am

Guy in my room was so obese, his fat covered nearly 3/4 of the desk area. They wouldn't move him. Shit was so funny to watch.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:25 am

breadbucket wrote:Guy in my room was so obese, his fat covered nearly 3/4 of the desk area. They wouldn't move him. Shit was so funny to watch.

Ummm, I don't know if this was what we were hoping for...

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:36 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
breadbucket wrote:Guy in my room was so obese, his fat covered nearly 3/4 of the desk area. They wouldn't move him. Shit was so funny to watch.

Ummm, I don't know if this was what we were hoping for...

Postby 20130312 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 am

December test takers, I am disappoint.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:02 am

InGoodFaith wrote:December test takers, I am disappoint.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172967

Postby 20130312 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:24 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:December test takers, I am disappoint.

FTFstephinmd

john1990

Postby john1990 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm disappointed that they couldn't find the thread... :roll:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”