Overheard at the LSAT

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Curious1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Sheendream wrote:Me: So what made you decide you want to go to law school?
Girl: You're gonna laugh, but I love Law and Order SVU.
Me: (Condescending) Oh, so who's the inspirational character?
Girl: Olivia of course!
Me: She's not even a lawyer.
Girl: But she knows so much about the law! I want to be like that!


Excuse you but Mariska Hargitay speaks 5 languages and is the hottest recently-pregnant woman in the world. She is mighty inspirational. Stephanie March would've also been an acceptable answer. I'm so sad she's married to the insufferable Bobby Flay.

Sheendream
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:24 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Sheendream » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Sheendream wrote:Me: So what made you decide you want to go to law school?
Girl: You're gonna laugh, but I love Law and Order SVU.
Me: (Condescending) Oh, so who's the inspirational character?
Girl: Olivia of course!
Me: She's not even a lawyer.
Girl: But she knows so much about the law! I want to be like that!


Excuse you but Mariska Hargitay speaks 5 languages and is the hottest recently-pregnant woman in the world. She is mighty inspirational. Stephanie March would've also been an acceptable answer. I'm so sad she's married to the insufferable Bobby Flay.


She is incredible, and her opening lines are fantastic. Not a good inspiration for going to law school though.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:11 am

.
Last edited by Mal Reynolds on Tue May 14, 2013 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Sitting in the room, waiting for everything to get passed out, I see the guy sitting next to me rocking back and forth in his seat. Please do not take this as me being insensitive, but it seemed like he was self-soothing like people with autism do. And I do not mean rocking slightly, this was full-on, north-south rocking from his chair back all the way to the desk's surface. The cold-blooded, stressed out LSAT taker in me was a little scared because it could have been distracting, but I didn't think about saying anything; I just angled my chair a little the other way. The guy on the other side of my neighbor however, he was NOT having it haha. He went ahead and made it totally awkward and said, "Excuse me, you're not planning on doing that during the test are you?" The guy responded pretty nicely and said no, but I was pretty surprised he went there. Come to find out the dude who said something was of course a Kaplan student which made me judge him a little more than I already had.

But the guy rocking back and forth turned out to be the single most interesting neighbor I have ever had in a standardized test haha. Maybe twenty minutes, twenty five minutes into the first section, I catch, out of the corner of my eye, he isn't even looking at the test. The next section I realize the same thing, so I look a little closer and see that he already has all of his bubbles filled in, and is once again just staring at the clock. At the break I asked him whether he had done a lot of studying and he said he was "just winging it," and that he would only hurt his score if he used the free time to check his answers. This guy finished every section in no more than twenty or so minutes. Could it be that I sat next to Rain Man and should have copied his answers to guarantee myself a 180? I had half a mind to ask him for his email or something after the test to ask how he did in a few weeks but I didn't want to be THAT guy.

So that's my story, no dumb testers deluding themselves but I think it was worthwhile for my first post. Excited to join the waiting thread!

I fucking love your username/tar combo. FIREFLY FTW :D

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Sitting in the room, waiting for everything to get passed out, I see the guy sitting next to me rocking back and forth in his seat. Please do not take this as me being insensitive, but it seemed like he was self-soothing like people with autism do. And I do not mean rocking slightly, this was full-on, north-south rocking from his chair back all the way to the desk's surface. The cold-blooded, stressed out LSAT taker in me was a little scared because it could have been distracting, but I didn't think about saying anything; I just angled my chair a little the other way. The guy on the other side of my neighbor however, he was NOT having it haha. He went ahead and made it totally awkward and said, "Excuse me, you're not planning on doing that during the test are you?" The guy responded pretty nicely and said no, but I was pretty surprised he went there. Come to find out the dude who said something was of course a Kaplan student which made me judge him a little more than I already had.

But the guy rocking back and forth turned out to be the single most interesting neighbor I have ever had in a standardized test haha. Maybe twenty minutes, twenty five minutes into the first section, I catch, out of the corner of my eye, he isn't even looking at the test. The next section I realize the same thing, so I look a little closer and see that he already has all of his bubbles filled in, and is once again just staring at the clock. At the break I asked him whether he had done a lot of studying and he said he was "just winging it," and that he would only hurt his score if he used the free time to check his answers. This guy finished every section in no more than twenty or so minutes. Could it be that I sat next to Rain Man and should have copied his answers to guarantee myself a 180? I had half a mind to ask him for his email or something after the test to ask how he did in a few weeks but I didn't want to be THAT guy.

So that's my story, no dumb testers deluding themselves but I think it was worthwhile for my first post. Excited to join the waiting thread!

I fucking love your username/tar combo. FIREFLY FTW :D
+1
Shiny!

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:24 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Sitting in the room, waiting for everything to get passed out, I see the guy sitting next to me rocking back and forth in his seat. Please do not take this as me being insensitive, but it seemed like he was self-soothing like people with autism do. And I do not mean rocking slightly, this was full-on, north-south rocking from his chair back all the way to the desk's surface. The cold-blooded, stressed out LSAT taker in me was a little scared because it could have been distracting, but I didn't think about saying anything; I just angled my chair a little the other way. The guy on the other side of my neighbor however, he was NOT having it haha. He went ahead and made it totally awkward and said, "Excuse me, you're not planning on doing that during the test are you?" The guy responded pretty nicely and said no, but I was pretty surprised he went there. Come to find out the dude who said something was of course a Kaplan student which made me judge him a little more than I already had.

But the guy rocking back and forth turned out to be the single most interesting neighbor I have ever had in a standardized test haha. Maybe twenty minutes, twenty five minutes into the first section, I catch, out of the corner of my eye, he isn't even looking at the test. The next section I realize the same thing, so I look a little closer and see that he already has all of his bubbles filled in, and is once again just staring at the clock. At the break I asked him whether he had done a lot of studying and he said he was "just winging it," and that he would only hurt his score if he used the free time to check his answers. This guy finished every section in no more than twenty or so minutes. Could it be that I sat next to Rain Man and should have copied his answers to guarantee myself a 180? I had half a mind to ask him for his email or something after the test to ask how he did in a few weeks but I didn't want to be THAT guy.

So that's my story, no dumb testers deluding themselves but I think it was worthwhile for my first post. Excited to join the waiting thread!

I fucking love your username/tar combo. FIREFLY FTW :D
+1
Shiny!


Ohh boy, Firefly FOUR TEH WIN. You got a job, we can do it, don't much care what it is.

User avatar
rivermaker
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby rivermaker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:53 am

some chick in front of me used a printed out picture probably from a black and white printer for her photo. It looked like it was cut out from a newspaper. She got rejected.

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby lsatprepguy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:50 am

kwais wrote:
hyakku wrote:
kwais wrote:
hyakku wrote:Lol what's funnier about this is everyone's:

"Oh my gawd you're the reason everyone hates lawyers *blah blah*"

And then 30 more posts doing the whole self - righteous, "gotta make certain this guy knows he's an asshole on the internet" post. I've been in so many forums for years but it just never gets old.

Although it's kind of surprising, maybe it's because I know people like that, but I really don't see how the solution to not getting bothered by random people walking up to you and intentionally lying is, "Don't go to your favorite coffee spot then!" What the hell? So to avoid stupid people you should...stay inside your house?

Heard some kid say he was too nervous to pee, bought the funniest shit I heard until I read this thread of people circle jerking. Thanks for the lulz.


are you talking?


No man, typing. And here I thought I was on TLS. Starting to wonder what that T is for after questions like that. :wink:


you are on a roll


I lol'd.

User avatar
NiccoloA
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby NiccoloA » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 am

I saw a guy throw up.

User avatar
cbrielle636
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby cbrielle636 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:22 am

"i thought you had to take the october LSAT in order to be able to take the LSAT in december..."

User avatar
YaSvoboden
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby YaSvoboden » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:17 pm

While waiting to be let in I sat next to a guy that had his ticket out in his hand with no picture in the spot for it. Another guy asked if he had one and guy 1 was like "you need a picture there?" I confirmed that you do and he ran out. 15 minutes later he came back with a shiny new passport photo stapled to his ticket.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:20 pm

YaSvoboden wrote:While waiting to be let in I sat next to a guy that had his ticket out in his hand with no picture in the spot for it. Another guy asked if he had one and guy 1 was like "you need a picture there?" I confirmed that you do and he ran out. 15 minutes later he came back with a shiny new passport photo stapled to his ticket.

ftl

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Oh Firefly. Underrated. Under appreciated. Short lived.

User avatar
bardreams
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby bardreams » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:45 pm

At the begining of our exam, one of my proctors actually said this to everyone:

"Everyone needs to RELAX, this is just a test, y'all look like so depressed like its the most important thing ever"

I honestly couldn't believe it haha, who the hell says that? Everyone just stared at her blankly like GTFO bitch.

User avatar
rivermaker
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby rivermaker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Everyone needs to RELAX, this is just a test, y'all look like so depressed like its the most important thing ever"

I honestly couldn't believe it haha, who the hell says that? Everyone just stared at her blankly like GTFO bitch.


what was so bad about this lol? She just trying to be nice

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 pm

rivermaker wrote:
Everyone needs to RELAX, this is just a test, y'all look like so depressed like its the most important thing ever"

I honestly couldn't believe it haha, who the hell says that? Everyone just stared at her blankly like GTFO bitch.


what was so bad about this lol? She just trying to be nice

Last year, our proctor basically asked us what we were drinking after the test. He was cool

3FLryan
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby 3FLryan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Proctor: Now you must write, not print, the pledge at the bottom of the page.

Me: Excuse me, do you mean we have to write the entire pledge in cursive?

Proctor: Yes, that's what it says: "write, not print".

Me (out loud): "OK."
Me (internally): Actually it says "write", not "write, not print", and "write" has many definitions only one of which is "write in cursive"; the assumption on which you base your argument is really weak, thanks for the LR warm up.

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Kess » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 pm

3FLryan wrote:Proctor: Now you must write, not print, the pledge at the bottom of the page.

Me: Excuse me, do you mean we have to write the entire pledge in cursive?

Proctor: Yes, that's what it says: "write, not print".

Me (out loud): "OK."
Me (internally): Actually it says "write", not "write, not print", and "write" has many definitions only one of which is "write in cursive"; the assumption on which you base your argument is really weak, thanks for the LR warm up.


I am actually really starting to worry, it never occurred to me that this has to be in "cursive" and I keep hearing about this. I printed it. Should I worry?

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Kess wrote:
3FLryan wrote:Proctor: Now you must write, not print, the pledge at the bottom of the page.

Me: Excuse me, do you mean we have to write the entire pledge in cursive?

Proctor: Yes, that's what it says: "write, not print".

Me (out loud): "OK."
Me (internally): Actually it says "write", not "write, not print", and "write" has many definitions only one of which is "write in cursive"; the assumption on which you base your argument is really weak, thanks for the LR warm up.


I am actually really starting to worry, it never occurred to me that this has to be in "cursive" and I keep hearing about this. I printed it. Should I worry?

Nah.

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Kess » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Lol, I just made another thread about it. I don't mean to be annoying, but I keep giving myself reasons to worry. I think I will be having LSAT nightmares every night until scores come out. (and maybe afterwards too, depending on results)

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7961
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Pleasye » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 pm

YaSvoboden wrote:While waiting to be let in I sat next to a guy that had his ticket out in his hand with no picture in the spot for it. Another guy asked if he had one and guy 1 was like "you need a picture there?" I confirmed that you do and he ran out. 15 minutes later he came back with a shiny new passport photo stapled to his ticket.

Holy shit :lol:

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Pretty sure that when I took the test the first time (over two years ago) that it was required to be in cursive. When I took it on Saturday, it didn't have to be. I re-read the instructions several times because I was surprised at the change.

Other change that surprised me--the lack of fingerprinting. Although, it was nice not to have ink all over my finger during the test this time.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Kess wrote:
3FLryan wrote:Proctor: Now you must write, not print, the pledge at the bottom of the page.

Me: Excuse me, do you mean we have to write the entire pledge in cursive?

Proctor: Yes, that's what it says: "write, not print".

Me (out loud): "OK."
Me (internally): Actually it says "write", not "write, not print", and "write" has many definitions only one of which is "write in cursive"; the assumption on which you base your argument is really weak, thanks for the LR warm up.


I am actually really starting to worry, it never occurred to me that this has to be in "cursive" and I keep hearing about this. I printed it. Should I worry?


Not the slightest bit.

Mauve Dinosaur
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Mauve Dinosaur » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:46 pm

2 guys who seem to know each other

Guy 1: "Okay say you're on your 5th section of your third writing and it's RC. You screwed up your last 2 tests but you aced all the other sections. This one is harder, but manageable but you WILL need all your time. Meanwhile your insides are churning and you know that you WON'T be able to hold it in until the end of the section. Do you shit your pants or give up your dream of becoming a lawyer."
Guy 2: I would totally shit my pants. Wouldn't even think about it. I'd smell like ass but walk out of there with my head held high like a boss.
Guy 1: Me too, I even came prepared. I'm wearing Depends *pulls down pants slightly*
Guy 2: FUCK wish I thought of that. You're a genius bro.

sunrat
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sunrat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:55 pm

A+ screen name




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, gaandrsn, GurleyGurleyGone, jonny27, m052310, Majestic-12 [Bot], mrgstephe, ngogirl12 and 17 guests