Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:09 pm

this used to be my favorite thread, and PDaddy is ruining it. :(

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:11 pm

PDaddy wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
PDaddy wrote:Me (lying to the guy): "Kaplan is the best out there, and you should get enrolled soon. Be sure to tell them about the 175 that you cancelled so they will know how advanced you are. :lol: Be sure not to take any practice exams no matter what they tell you. It will just drain all of your skills."

Dude, this is a legit asshole move. It's one thing to say nothing and let people continue their delusional ideas of what good studying is like, it's another to deliberately feed them misinformation that will cost them (at the very least) 1000+ dollars and possibly a shot at the T14. :|

OH PLEASE!...PULL THE STICK OUT OF YOUR ASS. That EXTREMELY SLIGHT BIT OF misinformation (about practice tests) can be dispelled with any reasonably due dilligence. And the sarcastic tone and smirk should have told him that my remarks were tongue-in-cheek anyways. The asshole was the liar who should have just admitted that he either was not a law school candidate and never took the test, or that he did not do as well as he would have liked. You would have had to see the guy. He was not all there.

Pull your skirt down.

BTW, you must have taken Kaplan. lol. Sorry to offend on that point.

haha.

Someones a big asshole and didnt know. To think that no one told him until he came to the internet.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm sure im not the only one whose parents told me when i was shouting at them to "raise my argument, not my voice"...

the same applies on tls, raise your argument, not the number of fucks, assholes, and douchebags you use in a sentence.......

got it you fucking asshole? :mrgreen:

Gymnast0206

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Sitting in the row directly in front of me were three people: Girl #1, Boy, and Girl #2. It was a pretty entertaining four hours. The Boy was clearly trying to pick up both of the girls sitting next to him. I offer only one of the multiple and hilarious conversations.

Girl #1: "I'm really nervous. I hope I do okay."
Girl #2: "I'm sure you will, you did a practice test earlier this week."
Boy: "I'm sure you'll both do fine. I'm sure the admissions committee will see your pictures and auto admit you."
Girl #1: (Giggling)
Girl #2: "Aw . . . that's soooo nice of you."
Boy: "Yeah, I figure you two have nothing to worry about. I'm not going to be so lucky, I've not been PTing too well."
Girl #1: "Oh no, what have you been getting?"
Boy: "Well you know, I got a 165 a few times."
Girl #2: "A 165! Wow, you're gonna go to a good school."
Girl #1" "Yeah, that's really good."
Boy: "Yeah, I'm aiming for Harvard."
Girl #2: "You'll be a long way from me. I just want to get into South Dakota."
Boy: "It's in driving distance. I'm pretty sure South Dakota is next to Illinois, which is just a few hours from New York."
Girl #1: "Are you sure you were getting 165s?"

Postby 20121109 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:39 pm

PDaddy wrote:You and a couple of your sorry friends don't speak for "EVERYONE" on TLS. Nevertheless, I would challenge you to print our little dialogue and show it to your classmates and watch them laugh at your sorry ass.

By your f*cked-up logic, I could tell Kobe Bryant not to practice his free throws and he might follow that advice. That is, in a nutshell what you are arguing, you dumb ass!

You and I both know I don't like you so I try to be as objective as possible with you.

But you just derailed a decent thread with your typical nonsense. Take a day week off.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:43 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:You and I both know I don't like you so I try to be as objective as possible with you.

But you just derailed a decent thread with your typical nonsense. Take a day week off.

<3 <3 <3

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Thank you, Gaia, for removing the sandy vagina.

PKozi

Postby PKozi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:Girl #1: "Are you sure you were getting 165s?"

+1

xChiTowNx

Postby xChiTowNx » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:The Boy was clearly trying to pick up both of the girls sitting next to him.

I swear there was a LSAT prep blog out there that had a humorous article about picking up people from the LSAT...

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:50 pm

paratactical wrote:Thank you, Gaia, for removing the sandy vagina.

Gaia's been bringing the hammer

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Lol what's funnier about this is everyone's:

"Oh my gawd you're the reason everyone hates lawyers *blah blah*"

And then 30 more posts doing the whole self - righteous, "gotta make certain this guy knows he's an asshole on the internet" post. I've been in so many forums for years but it just never gets old.

Although it's kind of surprising, maybe it's because I know people like that, but I really don't see how the solution to not getting bothered by random people walking up to you and intentionally lying is, "Don't go to your favorite coffee spot then!" What the hell? So to avoid stupid people you should...stay inside your house?

Heard some kid say he was too nervous to pee, bout the funniest shit I heard until I read this thread of people circle jerking. Thanks for the lulz.

Edit for bout.
Last edited by hyakku on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:10 pm

hyakku wrote:Lol what's funnier about this is everyone's:

And then 30 more posts doing the whole self - righteous, "gotta make certain this guy knows he's an asshole on the internet" post. I've been in so many forums for years but it just never gets old.

Although it's kind of surprising, maybe it's because I know people like that, but I really don't see how the solution to not getting bothered by random people walking up to you and intentionally lying is, "Don't go to your favorite coffee spot then!" What the hell? So to avoid stupid people you should...stay inside your house?

Heard some kid say he was too nervous to pee, bought the funniest shit I heard until I read this thread of people circle jerking. Thanks for the lulz.

are you talking?

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:16 pm

kwais wrote:

Heard some kid say he was too nervous to pee, bought the funniest shit I heard until I read this thread of people circle jerking. Thanks for the lulz.

are you talking?

No man, typing. And here I thought I was on TLS. Starting to wonder what that T is for after questions like that. :wink:

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:18 pm

hyakku wrote:
kwais wrote:

are you talking?

No man, typing. And here I thought I was on TLS. Starting to wonder what that T is for after questions like that. :wink:

you are on a roll

leacha5

Postby leacha5 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:34 pm

ME: "So, did you do anything special to prepare for this?"
GIRL: "Nah, I just read about it on the internet. Except, I heard that there is an experiment section on it. That's good, because I like experiments. I was a chemistry major for my undergrad, so I know all about those."
ME: *blinks a few times* "Well, you should be ready then. Just curious... why did you decide you want to do the whole law school thing?"
GIRL: "Well, I thought I could make a lot more money than I would working in a lab. I heard the law profession is booming right now."
ME: "Oh. I see."

Oh my.

TIKITEMBO

Postby TIKITEMBO » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Not overheard, but when everyone was filing into the testing center, the powers that be had decided to only keep one bathroom open for each sex and the woman's bathroom only had two stalls. Needless to say, there was a HUGE line and everyone was freaking out thinking they wouldn't be able to use it before the test.

Standing toward the back of this line and knowing that many people don't know this, I took it upon myself to say, "Alright, y'all know the curve isn't based on the people taking the test today, so there's no need for sabotaging others by taking a long time".

Luckily some additional bathrooms were soon opened and the crisis was averted. :D

TA923

Postby TA923 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Heard some kid say he was too nervous to pee, bout the funniest shit I heard until I read this thread of people circle jerking. Thanks for the lulz.

Edit for bout.

You're misinterpreting my argument. Here is it, even more clearly: don't risk interruptions by studying at Starbucks. There are countless better places.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:10 pm

PDaddy wrote:Just shut up because you look extremely dumb right now.

I didn't read any part of the past 4 pages except this line and I can guarantee that you're the one who looks dumb.

And this thread was never funny, so who cares if it gets driven off track.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

I didn't read any part of the past 4 pages except this line and I can guarantee that you're the one who looks dumb.

Nevermind that pic was way too big.

johnaz

Postby johnaz » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:49 pm

i had people asking for scratch paper in the games, and another dude who only had mechanical pencils.

if you're going to spend $150 on a test, maybe at least read the rules? shit son.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

It was kinda funny in June, but yeah, this test has no good stories

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:01 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

It was kinda funny in June, but yeah, this test has no good stories

+1, but watching a guy make the mistake of ragging on a clearly popular person on this website was pretty funny.

Sheendream

Postby Sheendream » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Me: So what made you decide you want to go to law school?
Girl: You're gonna laugh, but I love Law and Order SVU.
Me: (Condescending) Oh, so who's the inspirational character?
Girl: Olivia of course!
Me: She's not even a lawyer.
Girl: But she knows so much about the law! I want to be like that!

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Sheendream wrote:Me: So what made you decide you want to go to law school?
Girl: You're gonna laugh, but I love Law and Order SVU.
Me: (Condescending) Oh, so who's the inspirational character?
Girl: Olivia of course!
Me: She's not even a lawyer.
Girl: But she knows so much about the law! I want to be like that!

Fantastic!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”