Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jln04a

New

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by jln04a » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Ginj wrote:I overheard a girl during the break complaining about the math section. :?
There was this guy at my test brought this huge calculator in a tiny ziplock back. What are you going to do with that?

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:41 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
Me (knowing that a cancelled test isn't "scored" because it isn't part of the curve):
The LSAT "curve" is put together before the test is taken. The cancel has no impact on the curve for that test.
The "curve" is calculated to a certain extent beforehand. However, LSAC does still analyze test-takers' results when the test is given as a full exam before finalizing the raw score conversion chart ("curve").

I once emailed LSAC about whether canceled scores are included in the analysis. They said:

"LSAC policy allows test takers to cancel their scores up to six calendar days after the test. Since we begin carrying out analyses within a couple of days of the test, we are not able to excluded canceled scores from the data."
Whomever told you that was likely wrong, unless there has been a very recent change in policy. In any case, the fact that they begin carrying out analyses within a few days of the test does not preclude them from adjusting the curve just so after the cancellations come in. I have always understood that cancelled scores ARE excluded. In any case, once you cancel your score, you won't see it. I delved into the topic when a guy I met at a mall lied about getting this insanely high score and finding out his score after cancelling it, which would have been impossible.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Rheastoria wrote:Not LSAT-particular, but while we were all waiting, two (obviously) Young Republicans in dresswear were talking about how the best way to decrease the amount of abortions would be to raise the credit scores of the women who have them... so they can't buy a car to drive to abortion clinics. I really hope these two don't make it to law school.
Huh? smhbt! :?

...but LOL @ same time.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:48 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
PDaddy wrote:Me (lying to the guy): "Kaplan is the best out there, and you should get enrolled soon. Be sure to tell them about the 175 that you cancelled so they will know how advanced you are. :lol: Be sure not to take any practice exams no matter what they tell you. It will just drain all of your skills."
Dude, this is a legit asshole move. It's one thing to say nothing and let people continue their delusional ideas of what good studying is like, it's another to deliberately feed them misinformation that will cost them (at the very least) 1000+ dollars and possibly a shot at the T14. :|
OH PLEASE!...PULL THE STICK OUT OF YOUR ASS. That EXTREMELY SLIGHT BIT OF misinformation (about practice tests) can be dispelled with any reasonably due dilligence. And the sarcastic tone and smirk should have told him that my remarks were tongue-in-cheek anyways. The asshole was the liar who should have just admitted that he either was not a law school candidate and never took the test, or that he did not do as well as he would have liked. You would have had to see the guy. He was not all there.

Pull your skirt down.

BTW, you must have taken Kaplan. lol. Sorry to offend on that point.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
PDaddy wrote:Me (lying to the guy): "Kaplan is the best out there, and you should get enrolled soon. Be sure to tell them about the 175 that you cancelled so they will know how advanced you are. :lol: Be sure not to take any practice exams no matter what they tell you. It will just drain all of your skills."
Dude, this is a legit asshole move. It's one thing to say nothing and let people continue their delusional ideas of what good studying is like, it's another to deliberately feed them misinformation that will cost them (at the very least) 1000+ dollars and possibly a shot at the T14. :|
+1. Dude that's pretty shitty
lol at y'all for thinking PDaddy's a shitty asshole

What should have been obvious was that I styarted out giving the guy real information but he was bethering the hell out of me. Didn't these pigs read that I WAS STUDYING!? This nutty fool who was clearly lying and disrupting my studying to do it was deliberately trying to waste MY time.

Whose the douche and asshole, a real law school candidate who is doing what he needs to do to get in and minding his own business, or a lying nut who interrupts my studying with a B.S. tale about scoring in the top 2% on the LSAT?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gymnast0206

Bronze

Post by Gymnast0206 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:57 pm

This thread totally brightened my day.

Here's one:

Right after the proctor lady finishes reading the rules.

Guy: (raises his hand)
Proctor Lady: "Yes? You have a question."
Guy: "So, uh, I think I misunderstood. I thought pencils would be provided. All I have is my pen. Can I just use that?"
Proctor Lady: (Stares at him for about fifteen seconds, walks up to him and drops a pencil on his desk.) "No. You can't and for your sake I hope you read the questions more carefully than you read the directions."

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:58 pm

PDaddy wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
OH PLEASE!...PULL THE STICK OUT OF YOUR ASS. That EXTREMELY SLIGHT BIT OF misinformation (about practice tests) can be dispelled with any reasonably due dilligence. And the sarcastic tone and smirk should have told him that my remarks were tongue-in-cheek anyways. The asshole was the liar who should have just admitted that he either was not a law school candidate and never took the test, or that he did not do as well as he would have liked. You would have had to see the guy. He was not all there.

Pull your skirt down.

BTW, you must have taken Kaplan. lol. Sorry to offend on that point.
:roll: I took Testmasters, bro. I've never even used Kaplan materials. But hey, if you want to continue to be a huge fucking asshole, that's your prerogative. Just know that you're a dick and you could've helped that kid, but instead you purposefully told him things that you knew weren't true. He lied because he was embarrassed and trying to make himself seem cool. You lied because you wanted to mislead him and feel superior to him. Neither is really a good move. But at least it makes you feel better about whatever's going on in your own life when you lie to some poor misinformed dude and then mock him on the internet, right?

Also, wtf @ the skirt comment. :|

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:02 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Like this dude would really have a shot at the T14! :roll: :lol: smh. Let me get this straight:

A guy comes to me and claims he was so smart he was able to score a 175 on the LSAT and asking about test prep companies for his retake (within a year of the cancelled test, mind you). And YOU claim that MY tongue-in-cheek "misinformation" to this guy might cost him $1,000 and a possible shot at the T14?

You sound as crazy and stupid as the guy I met at that mall. Good luck at Cooley douche bag. :wink: You need to close your own TLS account for that one.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:02 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Also, wtf @ the skirt comment. :|
Yeah. My feminist side scoffed at that one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:10 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote: Also, wtf @ the skirt comment. :|

Your self-righteous bs is amusing. First of all, I have helped several people get into law school. As I said, you would have to have seen this guy. Anybody who lies about getting a (cancelled) 175 is beyond help.

If the guy had said, "I tried to take the exam and didn't feel that comfortanble with my score...I'd like to take a course." that sparks an entirely different conversation with me. I'd exchange e-mail addresses with the guy. But when you interrupt my studying to tell me some clear BS about scoring 175, and finding out about it after you cancelled it, I doubt you're seriousness about having taken the test in the first place, and I doubt your sincere desire to go to law school or get better if you are indeed looking for help.

And with the way this guy was talking, I also doubted his sanity (you were not there)...not to mention that when you interrupt someone who is studying for the very test you claim to have aced, you should be respectful enough not to take up the guys time with BS and lies.

This guy deserved exactly what I did to him, which was to clown him. If he actually steps into a prep company office, they will inbstruct him on what to do...my guess is that he's too busy with the drugs.

Just shut up because you look extremely dumb right now.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:11 pm

PDaddy wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Like this dude would really have a shot at the T14! :roll: :lol: smh. Let me get this straight:

A guy comes to me and claims he was so smart he was able to score a 175 on the LSAT and asking about test prep companies for his retake (within a year of the cancelled test, mind you). And YOU claim that MY tongue-in-cheek "misinformation" to this guy might cost him $1,000 and a possible shot at the T14?

You sound as crazy and stupid as the guy I met at that mall. Good luck at Cooley douche bag. :wink: You need to close your own TLS account for that one.
Dude, you don't know his life. Maybe he has a fucking 3.9 GPA. With even a 168 he's looking at a shot at some T14s, or at least T25s with money. It's ridiculous for you to try to justify your actions (aka feeding them misinformation that's potentially harmful to their future career goals) by assuming that someone is 'dumb' anyway. A lot of people simply aren't aware of the current legal market, or available resources for applying to law school. It's not that hard to say "Yeah, I heard TM/BP are pretty good prep courses...and make sure you get your hands on the PS Bibles and do some practice tests to make sure you're prepared. Good luck!"

:lol: Oh wow, I'm crying now...PDaddy thinks I'm going to Cooley? Yeah, lemme close my account and never go on TLS again. Get over yourself, man. It's not my fault you get uber-defensive just because people had the balls to call you out on your douche-tastic moves.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:16 pm

I remember one retard brought a loud electronic sharpener to June and I had half a mind to tell him I was going to sharpen his dick with it if he didn't put it away. Thankfully, the proctor came along and said it anyway (without the circumcision part).

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:16 pm

At UVA in June, I had someone sitting behind me talking to his friend:

"I figured I'll take the LSAT now and October. If I can get a 90 now and a 90 in October, I'll have a 180."

No jokes.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:17 pm

You and a couple of your sorry friends don't speak for "EVERYONE" on TLS. Nevertheless, I would challenge you to print our little dialogue and show it to your classmates and watch them laugh at your sorry ass.

By your f*cked-up logic, I could tell Kobe Bryant not to practice his free throws and he might follow that advice. That is, in a nutshell what you are arguing, you dumb ass!

johnnyutah

Gold

Post by johnnyutah » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm

PDaddy wrote: Just shut up because you look extremely dumb right now.
Actually, you're the one who looks dumb.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm

PDaddy wrote:Just shut up because you look extremely dumb right now.
Oh man, you're right bro, totally my bad. I mean, clearly this guy you're talking about has the same knowledge about the LSAT as Kobe has about basketball, right? Shit, I was totally looking at this the wrong way.

I should just bow down to the powerful knowledge of PDaddy and call it a day. Too bad, I thought I looked so cute with my skirt up and everything. Next time anyone comes up to me and comments on the LSAT I'll be sure to tell them exactly what you told that one guy. You've changed my life, man. TYFT.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:19 pm

PDaddy wrote:You and a couple of your sorry friends don't speak for "EVERYONE" on TLS. Nevertheless, I would challenge you to print our little dialogue and show it to your classmates and watch them laugh at your sorry ass.

By your f*cked-up logic, I could tell Kobe Bryant not to practice his free throws and he might follow that advice. That is, in a nutshell what you are arguing, you dumb ass!
Quit your internet grandstanding and post something funny or GTFO.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:20 pm

You're delightful.

Gymnast0206

Bronze

Post by Gymnast0206 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:23 pm

soj wrote: Quit your internet grandstanding and post something funny or GTFO.

+1

This thread was funny, can we get back to it? Three weeks is a long time to wait without any humor.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 pm

advanced-amateur-status tip: There is never a point to dignifying PDaddy with substantive responses.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:advanced-amateur-status tip: There is never a point to dignifying PDaddy with substantive responses.
So I've discovered today...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:27 pm

What did those 6 paragraphs have to do with crump's quote about his misogyny?

lulzalicious

New

Post by lulzalicious » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Realize Im posting mid-argument...

Anyways, first post:

During our break one girl was about to cancel her score over a section she 'totally bombed'. I told her to hold out since there was a good chance it was her experimental section. She replied, "whats that? Actually doesnt matter, I know I bombed it enough to get a bad grade...even if it was experimental."

Funniest part was her and this other girl were giving me suspicious/skeptical looks the whole time I was explaining, like I was trying to trick her into getting a bad score!

TA923

New

Post by TA923 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:04 pm

PDaddy wrote: What should have been obvious was that I styarted out giving the guy real information but he was bethering the hell out of me. Didn't these pigs read that I WAS STUDYING!? This nutty fool who was clearly lying and disrupting my studying to do it was deliberately trying to waste MY time.

Whose the douche and asshole, a real law school candidate who is doing what he needs to do to get in and minding his own business, or a lying nut who interrupts my studying with a B.S. tale about scoring in the top 2% on the LSAT?
There's a pretty simple solution to your problem. Don't study at Starbucks, genius.

whirledpeas86

Silver

Post by whirledpeas86 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:05 pm

PDaddy wrote:You and a couple of your sorry friends don't speak for "EVERYONE" on TLS. Nevertheless, I would challenge you to print our little dialogue and show it to your classmates and watch them laugh at your sorry ass.

Jesus christ, you are the reason why people think all lawyers are stuck-up, know-it-all, douchebaggy assholes. Seriously, calm the fuck down and get a life, dude.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”