Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by Tainted_Praise » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:56 am

kikij3032 wrote:
kaftka juice wrote:I saw a few posts in the Oct. LSAT reactions thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread. What were the most amusing things you overheard other LSAT takers say?

Girl 1: "I studied for, like, and hour a day for, like, two whole weeks!"
Girl 2: "Whoa."

I was Girl 2 in that situation last Saturday. This girl was on her third LSAT...if she hadn't understood by then that she needed to do more than "glance over" everything....I just don't know. Crazy.
Sigh.... Some people just.... Don't get it.... They just don't.

apaint

Bronze

Post by apaint » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:30 am

June LSAT:

Spacy Friend: Do you know how long this will take?
Me: Probably around 5 hours.
Spacy Friend: Ok, my flight leaves in 6 hours.
Me: hmmmm....did you study?
Spacy Friend: No, do people usually study?
Me: face in palm

October LSAT:

Me: Hey, taking it again? (thinking to myself duh he is taking it again)
Spacy Friend: Yeah, I haven't studied anymore but hopefully I will do a little better.
Me: Thinking to myself that this kid is a glutton for punishment...Where do you want to go to law school?
Spacy Friend: I am not sure, I just got a full ride to Stanford for electrical engineering so I thought I would see if I could get a full ride to law school too so I have options. I got a 176 last time but had to go the bathroom during the test so I missed a few questions.
Me: blank stare

brochocinco

New

Post by brochocinco » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:33 am

Me: Those first three sections went by pretty fast.
Guy: Yeah, my study book said there's what, like 3 more?
Me: Uh, something like that....

Now I know who gets ~140s

lichenrachel

New

Post by lichenrachel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:24 pm

I took my test in Hongkong, where there were a lot of test takers from Mainland China (I myself am one too. There is no October test in Mainland China.)

Before the test started:
Proctor (to the guy next to me): You have to fill in your LSAT account number here.
The guy next to me: Sorry, I don't speak English.

Then the proctor explained it to him in Mandarin...

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm

apaint wrote:June LSAT:

October LSAT:

Spacy Friend: Yeah, I haven't studied anymore but hopefully I will do a little better.
Me: Thinking to myself that this kid is a glutton for punishment...Where do you want to go to law school?
Spacy Friend: I am not sure, I just got a full ride to Stanford for electrical engineering so I thought I would see if I could get a full ride to law school too so I have options. I got a 176 last time but had to go the bathroom during the test so I missed a few questions.
You serious? Wow some people are just intellectually gifted.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 pm

lichenrachel wrote:I took my test in Hongkong, where there were a lot of test takers from Mainland China (I myself am one too. There is no October test in Mainland China.)

Before the test started:
Proctor (to the guy next to me): You have to fill in your LSAT account number here.

If your trying to be funny, epic fail. If you are trying to tell a story that is even remotely interesting, epic fail.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:43 pm

I have a funny story. Was in Buffalo writing the June LSAT, this girl and some other guy were next to me, the whol hour before registration this guy who looked 30 was trying to pick up this 19 year old chick, anyways so he asks her what prep book she used when she tells him she used barons, (which my lsat course instructor said was the worst book ever made). Anyways long story short he asks her if after the test if she wants to meet up back in toronto and help each other study if they need to write again.

....5 seconds of silence.....

Her: "Excuse me proctor, can I please move to the desk in the front?"

LOL it was so quiet in the room everyone knew he was trying to pick her up. She wasn't even remotely attractive epic fail on all fronts.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:47 pm

October LSAT:

:shock: haha i love it!!!!!!!!

two_wheels_good

New

Post by two_wheels_good » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 pm

October LSAT:

PM me his address. I'm going to punch him in the mouth.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

achilles

Bronze

Post by achilles » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:58 pm

My proctor kept reading "accessed" as "assessed". She kept saying we could assess the contents of our bag during break. Every time she said it she sort of paused, as if thinking "hm, now that sounds weird" and just went on anyway. So, not really that funny, but it was amusing enough to take my mind off how nervous i was

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote: Random #2: Why did you challenge the proctor like that? *scared face*
Hahaha only in Asia

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 pm

two_wheels_good wrote: PM me his address. I'm going to punch him in the mouth.
I did score a 176 on my 2nd PT.
(As I found out later, though, that was on the infamous -15 curve test and I got lucky with a lot of my RC guessing...)
iShotFirst wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote: Random #2: Why did you challenge the proctor like that? *scared face*
Hahaha only in Asia
Hey, the rest were thinking it too, but were too scared to challenge her.

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:21 pm

achilles wrote:My proctor kept reading "accessed" as "assessed". She kept saying we could assess the contents of our bag during break. Every time she said it she sort of paused, as if thinking "hm, now that sounds weird" and just went on anyway. So, not really that funny, but it was amusing enough to take my mind off how nervous i was
I actually thought that this was hilarious.. especially the way you described it. I can just imagine her pausing and then shrugging and carrying on.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Viktor Vaughn

New

Post by Viktor Vaughn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:33 pm

CDiggy wrote:I arrived early around 7:45 at Cal State Univ Northridge. At 8 a woman drunk with power came with a Mega Phone, yes a Mega Phone and started yelling directions and instructions.

She said, "that we would have to walk up 4 flights of stairs to our test rooms, so we would be getting both a physical and mental work out today"

Shut the fuuuuuuuu*k up b*tch
Lol I was there too. It sucked for us test takers, but I felt worse for the other proctors she was bossing around. When they were cutting off everyone's ticket stub one of the other proctors asked for some scissors. Power Trip Lady was like, "NO. I handed out EXACTLY enough scissors. You LOST them." Other proctor slumped shoulders and walked off.

In my test room the kid behind me raised his hand right before the writing section to cancel. Thing was he wanted to cancel AND take the writing section "to see what it's like". In fact he claimed he just took the test to practice and knew he was going to cancel ahead of time. He argued with the proctor for like 5-10 minutes on what would be the correct way to cancel his score but still take the writing section. I just wanted to stand up and yell, "THE WRITING SECTION DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER! GO HOME!"

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Viktor Vaughn wrote:
CDiggy wrote:I arrived early around 7:45 at Cal State Univ Northridge. At 8 a woman drunk with power came with a Mega Phone, yes a Mega Phone and started yelling directions and instructions.

She said, "that we would have to walk up 4 flights of stairs to our test rooms, so we would be getting both a physical and mental work out today"

Shut the fuuuuuuuu*k up b*tch
Lol I was there too. It sucked for us test takers, but I felt worse for the other proctors she was bossing around. When they were cutting off everyone's ticket stub one of the other proctors asked for some scissors. Power Trip Lady was like, "NO. I handed out EXACTLY enough scissors. You LOST them." Other proctor slumped shoulders and walked off.

In my test room the kid behind me raised his hand right before the writing section to cancel. Thing was he wanted to cancel AND take the writing section "to see what it's like". In fact he claimed he just took the test to practice and knew he was going to cancel ahead of time. He argued with the proctor for like 5-10 minutes on what would be the correct way to cancel his score but still take the writing section. I just wanted to stand up and yell, "THE WRITING SECTION DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER! GO HOME!"[/quote]

I wish more people understood this, I wrote for about 10, max 15 minutes, then took a nap (srs). When I woke up after the time was called EVERYONE was still writing. WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE WRITING SAMPLE LOL ANYONE WHO CAN FIND ME A LAW SCHOOL WHO LOOKS AT IT AND IT INFLUENCES THEM LET ME KNOW LOL

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:39 pm

kkklick wrote:
I wish more people understood this, I wrote for about 10, max 15 minutes, then took a nap (srs). When I woke up after the time was called EVERYONE was still writing. WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE WRITING SAMPLE LOL ANYONE WHO CAN FIND ME A LAW SCHOOL WHO LOOKS AT IT AND IT INFLUENCES THEM LET ME KNOW LOL
I was the first one done in my room with the writing section, at roughly 25 minutes elapsed (because I doodled on the scratch paper). Proctor looked at me, then around at everybody else.

amorfati

Bronze

Post by amorfati » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:43 pm

mb87 wrote:Downtown Manhattan...
Girl 1: I really wanted to take it at Columbia, but the center was full by the time I registered.
Girl 2: I know! Me too! Some of my friends had to go all the way to Brooklyn.
1: Brooklyn?
2: Like... the borough.
1: What?
2: You know, Brooklyn. We can see it from here. Brooklyn!
1: Um. Okay.

ugh, that's lucky! I apparently didn't register early enough to get a site in Manhattan, and had to schlep all the way out to Seton Hall in New Jersey... decided to stay in a hotel the night before, but they lost my reservation, so I had to find a new place to stay... very stressful!

Surprisingly, though, no interesting stories. Well, apart from my friendly but sexist cab driver on the way to the test, who "knew President Bush was stupid when he said that his wife was smarter than him" and told me I didn't need any more education. Hmmm.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Judith Butler

New

Post by Judith Butler » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Some jerk-off asked the scratch paper question, but that was nothing compared to the proctor. She was wearing a digital watch. The alarm went off during the 4th section - and didn't stop for a good 90 seconds until she realized it was hers.

I almost punched her on the way out.

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
iShotFirst wrote:
Hahaha only in Asia
Hey, the rest were thinking it too, but were too scared to challenge her.
Thats my point :)

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:12 pm

kkklick wrote:
lichenrachel wrote:I took my test in Hongkong, where there were a lot of test takers from Mainland China (I myself am one too. There is no October test in Mainland China.)

Before the test started:

If your trying to be funny, epic fail. If you are trying to tell a story that is even remotely interesting, epic fail.

I thought that was hilarious.

applefanatic

New

Post by applefanatic » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:14 pm

I recall one particularly memorable moment of brainlessness on D-day. It occurred while waiting in line.

Girl 1: Oh my god you're taking this bitch too!
Girl 2: Yeah I don't wanna be a teacher
Girl 1: Yeah me either. Lots of my friends said this was easier than the GRE and we didn't really need to study. You don't have to know anything.
Girl 2: Really? Oh my god I took like 4 practices before this. I always over prepare.
Girl 1: That's sick I did a few but not that much. I'm so glad we get to do this together. We should like eat our snacks together on the break!!!! (She really seemed excited about this proposition)
Girl 2: We get a break?
Girl 1: Yeah after the 2nd section halfway through.
Girl 2: That's sweet. I thought we were gonna have to do all four at once.

I couldn't bring myself to correct them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:16 pm

applefanatic wrote:I recall one particularly memorable moment of brainlessness on D-day. It occurred while waiting in line.

Girl 1: Oh my god you're taking this bitch too!
Girl 2: Yeah I don't wanna be a teacher
Girl 1: Yeah me either. Lots of my friends said this was easier than the GRE and we didn't really need to study. You don't have to know anything.
Girl 2: Really? Oh my god I took like 4 practices before this. I always over prepare.
Girl 1: That's sick I did a few but not that much. I'm so glad we get to do this together. We should like eat our snacks together on the break!!!! (She really seemed excited about this proposition)
Girl 2: We get a break?
Girl 1: Yeah after the 2nd section halfway through.
Girl 2: That's sweet. I thought we were gonna have to do all four at once.

I couldn't bring myself to correct them.
LOL I see about 8 fails

beleaguer

Bronze

Post by beleaguer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:18 pm

October LSAT:

PM me his address. I'm going to punch him in the mouth.[/quote]

hahahah i like the nonverbal responses

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Ragged wrote:
kkklick wrote:

Before the test started:

....I don't see how....It was clearly a fail.... On so many fronts....

ThreeYears

Bronze

Post by ThreeYears » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
Ragged wrote:
kkklick wrote:

Before the test started:

....I don't see how....It was clearly a fail.... On so many fronts....
Sigh.... Some people just.... Don't get it.... They just don't.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”