Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
guano

Gold

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by guano » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:05 pm

steel_shot wrote:
guano wrote:Not the LSAT, but close enough.
A mortgage broker trying to get me to refinance my fixed rate to an ARM (with virtually no savings):

Him: My son is gonna go to law school. He wanted to get an MBA, but he failed the GMAT.
Me: how'd he do on the LSAT?
Him: 135
Oof, I wonder how poorly he did on his GMAT.
I was afraid to ask

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:53 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:This is hilarious. However, I'm pretty sure it's "illegal" to wear a Greek organization's letters/paraphernalia while not being a member. I wonder if any AKAs on that campus checked her.
Ooo, that is hilarious. I'm going to start wearing thirty items of Greek paraphernalia (from thirty different organizations) every time I'm on a college campus with Greek life, just to piss those kids off.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:
DocHawkeye wrote:
Daily_Double wrote: She could be an alumnus. Though that wouldn't really make sense if she was 18.
Being an alumnus wouldn't make sense is she was a she. A "she" should be an alumna.
Damn. I should've known that.
Common mistake - I feel that it is my civic duty to correct it when I see it. At least you didn't say she was an "alumni."

The rule:

Alumnus - a single male graduate
Alumna - a single female graduate
Alumni - a group of all male or mixed-gender graduates
Alumnae - a group of all-female graduates

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
If this was ancient Rome, yeah, maybe that would fucking matter.
North wrote:ITT: The most polite, deferential response to a grammar nazi's grammar correction on the Internet in the history of the Internet, ever.
Gave the response DD should have. :)

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:56 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:This is hilarious. However, I'm pretty sure it's "illegal" to wear a Greek organization's letters/paraphernalia while not being a member. I wonder if any AKAs on that campus checked her.
Ooo, that is hilarious. I'm going to start wearing thirty items of Greek paraphernalia (from thirty different organizations) every time I'm on a college campus with Greek life, just to piss those kids off.
But then we won't invite you to formal.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
I doubt you would anyway. I'm nerdy and not particularly attractive (not to mention not blonde): I have no value as a human being to people in Greek life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
I doubt you would anyway. I'm nerdy and not particularly attractive (not to mention not blonde): I have no value as a human being to people in Greek life.
Don't lie to everyone like that. I was just kidding.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Daily_Double wrote:Don't lie to everyone like that. I was just kidding.
Don't you lie to everyone like that. You know bros have no use for girls they don't want to.. er, do.

Ew, I probably should have worded that better. "Use". :lol:

ETA: Something, something, stuff I heard at the LSAT.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh, I thought of one! Another not-quite-at-the-LSAT-but-relevant:

After my last score came back, I was pretty devastated, so I didn't tell anyone (I didn't even tell my family what I got for weeks). I was talking with a friend, who I thought was not particularly bright but not a rock. He wanted to gauge how I did, so he asked me, "Did you do as well as I did? I got a 142."

He wasn't kidding. :shock:

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:31 pm

I love the way this thread has evolved.

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:46 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:I'm nerdy and not particularly attractive (not to mention not blonde)
foe'd immediately

BentleyLittle

Bronze

Post by BentleyLittle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 pm

wvuchip wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:I'm nerdy and not particularly attractive (not to mention not blonde)
foe'd immediately
Too funny. I have friended you based on this exchange. I'd actually like to see someone trolling like that on a campus! I bet some bros would go crazy. But honestly, you'd be surprised. There are some pretty nerdy/intellectual folks in Greek life. At least when I was in undergrad.

By the way, completely off topic (not like this Greek life convo is, right?), but what would you consider the most dangerous LG. I'm drilling the 20s and I'm ready to pour myself some whisky.

RoaringMice

Bronze

Post by RoaringMice » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
RoaringMice wrote:At my test center, the guy sitting in front of me would crack his back quite loudly between each section. He'd twist in the chair, and I'd hear, "crack crack crack crack crack" as the movement went up his spine. Creepily distracting.
This could be me. Did this guy finish each section early and try to fall asleep during the writing sample?
I don't know. Do you have the world's fuzziest beard? ;) Guy had a very, very fuzzy beard.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 pm

RoaringMice wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:
RoaringMice wrote:At my test center, the guy sitting in front of me would crack his back quite loudly between each section. He'd twist in the chair, and I'd hear, "crack crack crack crack crack" as the movement went up his spine. Creepily distracting.
This could be me. Did this guy finish each section early and try to fall asleep during the writing sample?
I don't know. Do you have the world's fuzziest beard? ;) Guy had a very, very fuzzy beard.
God no. Clean shaven every time I leave the house.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Nerds are hot. :wink:

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
wvuchip wrote:
foe'd immediately
Too funny. I have friended you based on this exchange. I'd actually like to see someone trolling like that on a campus! I bet some bros would go crazy. But honestly, you'd be surprised. There are some pretty nerdy/intellectual folks in Greek life. At least when I was in undergrad.

By the way, completely off topic (not like this Greek life convo is, right?), but what would you consider the most dangerous LG. I'm drilling the 20s and I'm ready to pour myself some whisky.
Hahaha, good question! Lizards and snakes, maybe? :D

What do you think it is?

nyjets2090

Bronze

Post by nyjets2090 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:08 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
wvuchip wrote:
foe'd immediately

Hahaha, good question! Lizards and snakes, maybe? :D

What do you think it is?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:11 pm

.. actually the same face I had during that game.

nyjets2090

Bronze

Post by nyjets2090 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:21 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Image

Haha.

I actually think the interview/hiring/out group with Fu and the other guys was the hardest. There were no real good scenarios or big inferences, you just had to plow through it.

I'm ignoring all the ones that don't show up anymore like mapping games and circular/table games.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm

nyjets2090 wrote:
Haha.

I actually think the interview/hiring/out group with Fu and the other guys was the hardest. There were no real good scenarios or big inferences, you just had to plow through it.

I'm ignoring all the ones that don't show up anymore like mapping games and circular/table games.
Oh, I like that game! I've done it like thirty times.. It's one of those games where you feel weirdly proud of yourself if you can plow through it quickly. Wish I had seen some in/out grouping on test day; that game had me so ready!

BentleyLittle

Bronze

Post by BentleyLittle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 pm

.. actually the same face I had during that game.[/quote]

Haha.

I'm ignoring all the ones that don't show up anymore like mapping games and circular/table games.[/quote]

The movie game from PT 27 with Hitchcock, etc. was sort of tough the first time I attempted it. This was before I discovered Manhattan's board system. I sort of just sat there drawing and erasing boxes!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 am

Snakes and lizards for sure. Dinosaurs isn't THAT bad.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 am

Last edited by ScottRiqui on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

nyjets2090

Bronze

Post by nyjets2090 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:18 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Snakes and lizards for sure. Dinosaurs isn't THAT bad.
In retrospect, yeah. I think what threw alot of people off was the fact that LSAC almost never combines tiered ordering with in/out. Seems like they're going to be doing that for the foreseeable future to make a game hard (combining types that generally aren't combined).

If June '13 was representative, and I think it is, I think we may be past the era of killer games. It looks like they're tending toward 4 moderately difficult games (Oct '10 as an example) as opposed to a few real easy ones followed by an insane one (June '09, June '10, Dec '09). So, the section will still be as difficult as it usually is, but in a different way.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am

When did this become the June waiting thread? Take this stuff back there and give us more funny stories here, please.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”