Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
proteinshake

Gold

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by proteinshake » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:52 am

SplitMyPants wrote:
proteinshake wrote:"What'd you have for breakfast?" "A nutri-grain bar"

ok this isn't that funny but that's a pretty trash breakfast to have the morning of the LSAT.
lol, it doesnt matter as long as that's what you're used to having. my breakfast was a five hour energy and half a nature valley.
yeah I know but it was still kinda funny to me, probably cause I'm the complete opposite.

Doubting Law

Bronze

Post by Doubting Law » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:56 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
Mr. Freeze wrote:After the test was over and everyone was walking down the hallway, I heard one girl say to another "I didn't address the prompt for the writing section, all I wrote was 'Black Lives Matter.'"
Hahahaha

OMG OMFG I LOVE THAT.. So she only wrote that or wrote her essay about that? I understand you may or may not know the answer.

Lol i remember my proctor telling us to not bs this statement and how it is important. I also remember reading the instructions and it said Do Not write about anything else except what is on the prompt and basically what the proctors told us.

Is this a big gamble for the exam? I mean LS see this. Watch this girl get into YHS regardless of her score based on her being a rebel lmao!
I wrote mine about All Lives Matter.

Alive97

Bronze

Post by Alive97 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Last edited by Alive97 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:11 pm

Alive97 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
Mr. Freeze wrote:After the test was over and everyone was walking down the hallway, I heard one girl say to another "I didn't address the prompt for the writing section, all I wrote was 'Black Lives Matter.'"
Hahahaha

OMG OMFG I LOVE THAT.. So she only wrote that or wrote her essay about that? I understand you may or may not know the answer.

Lol i remember my proctor telling us to not bs this statement and how it is important. I also remember reading the instructions and it said Do Not write about anything else except what is on the prompt and basically what the proctors told us.

Is this a big gamble for the exam? I mean LS see this. Watch this girl get into YHS regardless of her score based on her being a rebel lmao!
I'll bet schools would think twice about denying her based on that, after all what if she went to the media?
loooool

also LSAC has the right to not even score your exam if you don't answer the prompt

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Post by kindofcanuck » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Alive97 wrote: I'll bet schools would think twice about denying her based on that, after all what if she went to the media?
I think "She was instructed to choose between two road projects, and could not choose a topic of her own. She wrote BLM" is a sufficiently strong comeback.

Otherwise, literally any essay title exam would be subject to students trying to blackmail their universities. "Yes, I had a course on fine art in the fourteenth century, but I think BLM so gimme a 4.0!" doesn't wash.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Doubting Law wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
Hahahaha

I wrote mine about All Lives Matter.
so u basically wrote about the same thing, she just focused on a narrower topic for her essay... lmao

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:00 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Alive97 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
Hahahaha

I'll bet schools would think twice about denying her based on that, after all what if she went to the media?
loooool

also LSAC has the right to not even score your exam if you don't answer the prompt
u joking, right?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:15 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Alive97 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
Hahahaha

loooool

u joking, right?
nope

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:17 pm

proteinshake wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Alive97 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
Hahahaha

loooool

u joking, right?
nope
I was told a story from someone who may be a bit in the know, about an application to one of the heavy-weight law schools in NYC. The adcomm was finishing up the app and getting ready to accept the student, when he noticed the writing sample. On the writing sample, the student wrote something along the lines of "I know you are not going to read this, so I will list what I want for Christmas" (or some bizarre list like that, it came across as too cocky or arrogant).

The committee then not only rejected the applicant, but that adcomm wrote the student a personal letter, letting him know what happened and hy he was rejected.

Don't stress over it, but take the writing sample seriously.

#BlackLivesMatter

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:30 pm

I was told a story from someone who may be a bit in the know, about an application to one of the heavy-weight law schools in NYC. The adcomm was finishing up the app and getting ready to accept the student, when he noticed the writing sample. On the writing sample, the student wrote something along the lines of "I know you are not going to read this, so I will list what I want for Christmas" (or some bizarre list like that, it came across as too cocky or arrogant).

The committee then not only rejected the applicant, but that adcomm wrote the student a personal letter, letting him know what happened and hy he was rejected.

Don't stress over it, but take the writing sample seriously.

#BlackLivesMatter[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

that made me shudder!

Shemp

Bronze

Post by Shemp » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Here's an amazing story from the LSAT subreddit:
Around the 23 minute mark of section 1, some guy started screaming outside the doors to the test room (only 15-25 people wrote at my centre). He barged in yelling about being unable to write the test because he arrived at 9:05. His argument was "the ticket says check in by 8:30 and I got here at 9 so why can't I write??" The 3 proctors could do nothing to stop him from disturbing everyone, he targeted the supervisor yelling "I bet you like dck in your a, huh is there sht or blood in your a**hole" and he yelled this over and over while using his phone to film the entire thing and shoving it near the proctors rear end. The poor proctor was noticeably distraught. It was a disgustingly disturbing thing to witness. The guy spent roughly the next 10 minutes roaming around the room filming and yelling at anyone he came near, again there were not that many people in the room so people began yelling back, some others continued to write but the scene was utter chaos. The timer was still going during all this until someone yelled "can we stop the timer please?" at which time the proctors did. After campus police chased him around the room for another 5 minutes, he left and the proctors called LSAC who said no new time would be added to the section...we had wasted at least 7-10 minutes. It was now they said we could cancel if we wanted to. I decided to continue but the lack of time on section 1 and the mental trauma/loss of focus ultimately made me decide to cancel my score, it wasn't worth the gamble. While waiting outside for my ride to come pick me up, a full hour and a half after the initial incident, I saw the yelling guy come sprinting through the woods...the cops were still chasing him! I had never seen any horror story like this before I wrote, has anyone else??
https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/ ... ror_story/

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Shemp wrote:Here's an amazing story from the LSAT subreddit:
My God. Amazingly terrifying.

dontsaywhatyoumean

Bronze

Post by dontsaywhatyoumean » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:15 pm

Wow, if that's true... He may have literally just wasted a whole year of these people's professional lives.

I don't have anything that was overheard this time, but I will say that there was a surprising number of attractive girls in my sitting. Not at all like last year, and there were even fewer people sitting this time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:55 pm

Usual unprepared comments on the test takers' part, but the proctors really brought a strong game today.

1. Didn't even start check-in until 8:30. Kind of a nuissance.
2. When filling out the test booklet information, the proctor said, "Make sure you get it right, so you can get your A's as quickly as possible." Yes, our A's.
3. One proctor collected a student's answer sheet when collecting admissions tickets, and no one caught it until time started for Section 1. They got it to the student within 30 seconds, but I was getting anxiety just thinking about that.
4. Proctor, an older white woman, had a clearly visible tattoo on her collar bone in some sort of Chicano script font. I WANT TO KNOW THAT STORY.

circle.the.wagons

Bronze

Post by circle.the.wagons » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:02 pm

A kid in my room brought a bunch of mechanical pencils and didn't know he couldn't use them.

Oh wait that was me *facepalm*

In my defense they were #2 and non-refillable, so I couldn't have put non #2 lead in but got dayum that was embarrassing.

Edit- I just reread the admission ticket, it doesn't say no mechanical pencils. Am I going crazy?

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:09 pm

circle.the.wagons wrote:A kid in my room brought a bunch of mechanical pencils and didn't know he couldn't use them.

In my defense they were #2 and non-refillable, so I couldn't have put non #2 lead in but got dayum that was embarrassing.

Edit- I just reread the admission ticket, it doesn't say no mechanical pencils. Am I going crazy?
Read the section on prohibited non electronic devices on page 2. It's towards the bottom.

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Post by pleasesendhelp » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:16 pm

Someone asked, when instructed to transcribe the text on side 2 of the answer sheet, if the directions were correct because in the first line it says, "I certify that it is my name that appears on this answer sheet" and she hadn't written her name yet. Check in was at 8:30. By the time we reached this point, it was past 9:30.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Post by calpolisci2016 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:21 pm

During the beginning instructions period, the proctor said no cell phones were allowed. So this one kid, who also checked in late, got up and tried to hand his cell phone to the proctor. The proctor told them that he couldn't even have the cell phone on the premises, and told the kid he had to be dismissed right there and then. Bummer!

circle.the.wagons

Bronze

Post by circle.the.wagons » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Instrumental wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:A kid in my room brought a bunch of mechanical pencils and didn't know he couldn't use them.

Read the section on prohibited non electronic devices on page 2. It's towards the bottom.
Oh...

People lent me pencils and a sharpener, life goes on.

Fantasyfreak294

New

Post by Fantasyfreak294 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:23 pm

beachbum wrote:This thread makes me so happy. And it definitely reinforces the sort of bubble that TLS is in. Yes, most people consider 165 to be a great score, and most people think Pithypike's study guide is completely insane/unnecessary. But not on TLS, oh no.
IMO, TLS is at times a little savage. I think each person can have a desired personal score, but everyone gets his/her own. If someone is shooting for X score, good for 'em. We're all just doing our own thing. But just my two cents. Don't destroy me, yo.

Fantasyfreak294

New

Post by Fantasyfreak294 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:25 pm

[OMG OMFG I LOVE THAT.. So she only wrote that or wrote her essay about that? I understand you may or may not know the answer.

Is this a big gamble for the exam? I mean LS see this. Watch this girl get into YHS regardless of her score based on her being a rebel lmao![/quote]

I'll bet schools would think twice about denying her based on that, after all what if she went to the media?[/quote]
loooool

also LSAC has the right to not even score your exam if you don't answer the prompt[/quote]

u joking, right?[/quote]
nope[/quote]

The committee then not only rejected the applicant, but that adcomm wrote the student a personal letter, letting him know what happened and hy he was rejected.]

Heard similar applicant stories as well.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hobbesy

Bronze

Post by Hobbesy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:29 pm

When writing the "I solemnly swear I'm up to good and only good" statement for LSAC, I accidentally re-wrote the second sentence and beyond, after I had written half of the third sentence, and didn't realize until it was too late. So I erased the repeated part but there's just a random line and a half gap between the first part and the second part of sentence 3 and beyond. My statement is completed in full though... :oops:

Sorry about the nerves, LSAC. Please don't delay my score lol

Tazewell

Bronze

Post by Tazewell » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:56 pm

My proctor needed a break so she was replaced for a section, and the new proctor's phone went off twice. That wasn't a big deal, but she then replies to both text messages with the tapping noise on so we heard her type every single letter and it took her a good two minutes to reply and it was at the beginning of the section so it threw some people off. Certainly not as bad as some of these other stories, but it was ridiculous how oblivious she was.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Some kid kept bubbling answers after pencils down was called. Kept bubbling after the proctor repeated it, and still keep bubbling after the proctor repeated it a 2nd time, almost yelling. Eventually he looked up to see everyone staring at him at the moment that the proctor ripped away his test.

180orDie

New

Post by 180orDie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:55 am

Did not realize that mechanical pencils are not allowed. Apparently my proctors did not either, as I took my entire exam with one and was not dismissed. Unless they just threw my exam in the garbage after we were done.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”