Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:33 pm

pittsburghpirates wrote:
forum_user wrote:"So, are you planning on going to law school?" Nah, I just got $200 for my birthday and didn't have anything better to spend it on.

"Oh, that's what that section's called? Logic games?" Actually, it's called analytical reasoning *adjusts thick-rimmed glasses*
The first one is laugh out loud funny
Did...did no one sense the sass here? This is TLS, you all are super sassy. She was clearly one of us.
"So, are you planning on going to law school?"
Why else would you be taking the LSAT?! She was just being sassy with her response lol

beantheshadow

Bronze

Post by beantheshadow » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Alright TLS, make my work day go by fast. Bring on the stories! :D

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:45 pm

"how many sections are there?"

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Wow do I love this thread.

tzzzok

New

Post by tzzzok » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:21 pm

"I usually only get through 12 or 13 questions, but I got through 15 today, so I'm pretty happy."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eddyxuan

New

Post by eddyxuan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Is there a LR section having 26 questions?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:43 pm

eddyxuan wrote:Is there a LR section having 26 questions?
Bro. This is for funny things you heard at the LSAT. You got questions, take them here: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=269300

LibertyKoko

Bronze

Post by LibertyKoko » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:10 pm

I didn't witness this but someone tweeted that there was a kid doing planks and pushups during break.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:13 pm

2 people at mine didn't have either their ID or ticket... They had to leave

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:26 pm

A guy tried to come into the test room with his cell phone. One of the proctors made him go hide it some where in the test center building. When he came back the proctor realized he was in the wrong testing room and sent him away.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:29 pm

not something i HEARD but some chick was talking on her phone while in front of the people at check-in. she had to go give it to a friend and then when she came back she had to go all the way to the back of the line.

she had a plastic bag as well instead of the one we're supposed to bring

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:38 pm

A girl(not bad looking either) just kept looking at me for five minutes with a smile on her face in the lobby before the test. I wasn't sure if she was flirting or trying to get my seat(I was one of like five people who had chairs in a room with hundreds of people, If only I could have that percentile on the LSAT sighhh). Loser me just buried my head in my LSAT notes. After a few seconds she walked past me and I never saw her again.

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Post by pleasesendhelp » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm

"you look like you would do well on this"

directed at person who looked like steve urkel, but white and with skin problems

rude (i lol'd a little)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:34 pm

people kept using the bathroom during the section and I know not that many people can finish a section in 25 minutes.

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Post by calpolisci2016 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Someone during break said, "This is not really a test you can study for" and "I'm going to apply in the spring"

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:A girl(not bad looking either) just kept looking at me for five minutes with a smile on her face in the lobby before the test. I wasn't sure if she was flirting or trying to get my seat(I was one of like five people who had chairs in a room with hundreds of people, If only I could have that percentile on the LSAT sighhh). Loser me just buried my head in my LSAT notes. After a few seconds she walked past me and I never saw her again.
Sounds like an allegory

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:54 pm

My test center had no more than 100 students. Each classroom probably had no more than 14 students.

While waiting for our room assignments, I had a conversation with two people. Normal LSAT gargin and making fun of people who we witnessed not following LSAC rules: bringing their whole life to the test site, blatant use of cell phones, only brought mechanical pencils for test..etc... It was small stuff, but it helped keep our minds at ease and lifted our spirits.

I happened to look over at one of their gallon bags and saw their LSAT admission ticket. Their photo clearly violated LSAC rules! It was literally a regular photo with a busy background looked like they were in a forest and the person was sitting down in the pic with their legs crossed. I literally turn red, bc we just spent 20 mins talking shit about people who don't follow basic instructions, yet want to become lawyers.

I look around and see a good 30% have pictures that violate LSAC rules. One person took an obvious selfie walking across an interstate. At this point I'm like ok, bc while the curve is predetermined, this was an easy way to eliminate competition.

One thought that crossed my mind is that maybe they got away with not following the ticket photo rule. I mean all the emails I recieved from LSAC about following picture protocal and at least 30 people came in with incorrect pictures, this can't be life.

Did anyone see test takers being turned away for admission ticket photos violating the rules?
Last edited by lillawyer2 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:56 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:Proctor let me in even though my girlfriend was in the picture. He said "Next time, bring your date."

lol you just answered my question.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:24 pm

This wasn't something I overheard but someone got up and left after section 1; proctors said it was an LG section during our break :? Hopefully it was the actual LG and not an experimental section because if it was experimental, my guy cancelled a score without even actually delving into the test.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:25 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
eddyxuan wrote:Is there a LR section having 26 questions?
Bro. This is for funny things you heard at the LSAT. You got questions, take them here: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=269300
But to answer your question: yes, at least one of them had 26. I had three LR and can't remember what was where so I can't figure out which was my experimental lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:27 pm

LibertyKoko wrote:I didn't witness this but someone tweeted that there was a kid doing planks and pushups during break.
During break, I was basically walking in a circle because I felt like I needed to stretch/wake up. Hopefully I didn't look crazy lol.

nerdylsat

Bronze

Post by nerdylsat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:47 pm

Right when we were being let go for the break, I put my answer sheet, away and unintentionally look over to the person sitting next to me. I noticed she hadn't shaded in ANY answers in her scantron sheet.

I talked to her outside and said, "hey I wasn't copying off of you but I noticed you didn't fill in the scantron sheet which is the only thing that's graded".
She looked at me amazed, and told me she didn't know, everything was going by so fast and she was so nervous. She told me she would finish the next two sections in her scantron and see what grade she got. :shock: I told her she should talk to LSAC and see if they can grade her booklet, or think about maybe cancelling, though I didn't want her to feel bad, lol. I asked her if she had studied and she said she used "the prepbook" (I don't know which one) and also some flash cards.

Finally, in our fourth section A DOVE FLEW IN THROUGH A WINDOW and planted itself on one of the desks, then flew to another desk, all the while half the people in the room were screaming and a few got up from their desk, lmao.

Today was too damn funny even though I probably fucking bombed the test. :P

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:58 pm

One of the (TTT) TC proctors used the opportunity while collecting writing samples to invite us to a nearby establishment for free apps and booze after the test with faculty and current students. Classy stuff.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Also, one dude had a full-on electric pencil sharpener on his desk.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”