Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ms9

Gold

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by ms9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Facelessgod wrote:This wasn't actually at the LSAT but at a networking event a couple weeks ago someone said that they got a 175 on the June 2017 LSAT...

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-jun ... e-analyzed

:lol:

Unfortunately I didn't realize this until later when I saw the conversion chart.
When I worked in admissions every once in awhile you'd have someone visit , and you'd have their LSAT score (say, for example 158) and they would literally volunteer some score for you, like 168, even though you were at your desk looking at their 158. It was without explanation to me.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

chewinggum wrote:"I'm just here to get my 160 and go home."
I was actually with a friend of a friend on line and I had to keep my mouth shut while he explained he only took 3 tests and just wants a score in the high 150s to be able to go to St. John's. Totally fine if there are people with those goals because that's more t14 spots for the rest of us woo.

MrLions

New

Post by MrLions » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:28 pm

"If I have to do Logic Games today then I'm just gonna leave."

MrLions

New

Post by MrLions » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:29 pm

"There's so few people here because literally everyone at my school is too dumb to take the LSAT."

Ufgirl

New

Post by Ufgirl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:31 pm

After the test I asked a girl on the way out if it was her first time taking the test.
She replied "second"
I asked "how do you think you did?"
She said "I don't know I need a 140"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:45 pm

MrLions wrote:"If I have to do Logic Games today then I'm just gonna leave."
Lol this.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Nothing scandalous but I did see some of the people in my section from the June administration and we had some genuine hugs with all the feels.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Nothing overheard necessarily, but one person in my room did not bring pencils and had to ask the proctor for a pencil.

One entered the room, announced to the room that she had to use the bathroom, and was promptly rebuffed. Which just feels unfortunate it so many ways

futurehoosierJD

New

Post by futurehoosierJD » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Late to the party & first time poster currently hating her life after taking the LSAT today so I figured I might be in good company.

This wasn't overheard, but I legit watched the girl next to me check out the first two pages of the first section while we were bubbling in our info on the scantron. Pissed. Me. Off.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Haburo

New

Post by Haburo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:04 am

Some guy used his phone during the break.

PWADatUNC

New

Post by PWADatUNC » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 am

The two girls in front of my were talking before we started the administrative stuff and bubbling.

“I heard there’s a fifth section that isn’t even scored, but you have to take it anyway”

“They really do that?”

augustyyy

New

Post by augustyyy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:48 am

the whole test center is beyond messed up. for one thing, they had little note next to your seat number on the desk said: please turn off your cell phone

But, this guy sitting behind me, somehow chose to raise his hand in the middle of a section, asking for a cancellation, the first proctor didn't know what to do and had to ask another proctor to come and check this guy and they managed to let him signed his sheet and left immediately. God knows how long this conversation last :roll: wow like you cannot just bubble the two circles and sign your name and wait until the end of a section to leave?? like you have to make some noise for your grand exit???

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:58 am

This thread has jumped the shark

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:46 pm

My room had two proctors--one had the official timer. First, as we were bubbling in our names and such we start hearing something akin to the John Cena theme song coming from his phone, which he apparently couldn't figure out how to turn down because it went on for a good 10 seconds. He then proceeded to leave the room for 30 minutes right after the start of section 1, at which point he poked his head back in and yelled "five minutes" and left again. I was sitting right in front of the other proctor and we just made eye contact and chuckled. Thenceforth she kept time on her phone just in case.

I reallllyyyyy appreciated that other proctor.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm

I missed the beginning part of this conversation but this was as we were walking into the room and checking in.

Proctor to mystery student in hallway: Oh harassment? You'll learn all about what that legally is in law school. And if you're a woman, you'll learn even more about it after.

Savage.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:10 pm

And another that gave me a giggle.

Guy to girl: You just need a 160. Get a 160 and you're sitting pretty.
Girl: Stahhhhhp! What did you get on the last practice test in our class?
Guy: 157. I'm feeling good.

#perspective

ddevich

New

Post by ddevich » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm

I wrote at the LA convention center yesterday and after the writing sample was collected, they sat down and counted and sorted every piece of testing material. We all sat in silence for like 15 minutes while this happened.

The girl next to me grabbed her plastic bag, withdrew two empty Naked smoothie bottles, a sleeve of cookies, a folded up piece of paper of some sort, her passport, and all 8 of her pencils and started building a fucking tower of junk next to me. It was quite impressive actually. She balanced the two bottles on top of each other with the paper in between, then laid out a row of pencils on top. She opened her passport, put that on top, spine facing up, and for the finale began placing a cookie horizontally on the spine. Everyone was cheering her on at this juncture. At the critical moment, the cookie fell. In her attempt to catch the it, she knocked the entire tower down. The cascading structure cracked the silence in the room and everyone around her laughed quite loudly.

It was entertaining while they fumbled around counting 150 tests.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 am

"There's no way this is harder than the GRE"

hamshotfirst

New

Post by hamshotfirst » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm

I saw a guy wearing a shirt featuring a team called the "Isotopes." When we were filing back into the room towards the end of the break I said "Hey man, you know they're moving to Albuquerque."

He didn't laugh and gave me the stink eye.

It was then that I realized my archenemy had revealed himself.

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:19 pm

This might make me look like a total douche buuuut:

After we finished the test, this guy was telling this girl behind him how his first practice test score was a 120 and he thought it was a GREAT score. He goes they told me that's a REALLY bad score but I thought 120 out of 180, that's not bad.

I had to turn my face the other direction because I couldn't stop laughing. I felt bad, but I couldn't stop myself!

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:44 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:This might make me look like a total douche buuuut:

After we finished the test, this guy was telling this girl behind him how his first practice test score was a 120 and he thought it was a GREAT score. He goes they told me that's a REALLY bad score but I thought 120 out of 180, that's not bad.

I had to turn my face the other direction because I couldn't stop laughing. I felt bad, but I couldn't stop myself!
He was definitely just joking, dw. 120 means you managed to do *worse* than just randomly guessing on every question. That's hard to accomplish without realizing it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

njdevils2626

Silver

Post by njdevils2626 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:21 pm

hamshotfirst wrote:I saw a guy wearing a shirt featuring a team called the "Isotopes." When we were filing back into the room towards the end of the break I said "Hey man, you know they're moving to Albuquerque."

He didn't laugh and gave me the stink eye.

It was then that I realized my archenemy had revealed himself.
Probably because the Isotopes are already in Albuquerque and are the AAA affiliate of the Colorado Rockies

darthrevan92

New

Post by darthrevan92 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Bearded guy: "I basically self studied using preptests. Took about 5 and I got 178. I think I will score that range for this test"

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:29 pm

darthrevan92 wrote:Bearded guy: "I basically self studied using preptests. Took about 5 and I got 178. I think I will score that range for this test"
I heard a guy talking to some girl, I think he was trying to impress her because he said "I usually get 27/27 on each logical reasoning section".

like, what LR section has 27 questions?!?!?!? lmao

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:38 pm

darthrevan92 wrote:Bearded guy: "I basically self studied using preptests. Took about 5 and I got 178. I think I will score that range for this test"
I don't get it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”