Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
meeseeks

Silver

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by meeseeks » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:44 am

"On my PT I scored a 138 but I'm not hungover this time so I'm thinking 170+"

I wish my life worked like that...

meeseeks

Silver

Post by meeseeks » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:48 am

Also "I don't really care how I do because worse case I'll just get a PhD in Economics instead"

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:16 am

Pretty sure a dude was trying to chat me up after the test. He was sitting in front of me and turned around and asked how I did and then gave his name and we shook hands. Maybe he just wanted some small talk in the moment but I'm leaning towards no.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:30 am

Nebby wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:A girl(not bad looking either) just kept looking at me for five minutes with a smile on her face in the lobby before the test. I wasn't sure if she was flirting or trying to get my seat(I was one of like five people who had chairs in a room with hundreds of people, If only I could have that percentile on the LSAT sighhh). Loser me just buried my head in my LSAT notes. After a few seconds she walked past me and I never saw her again.
Sounds like an allegory
OMG, you're right.

theboringest

Bronze

Post by theboringest » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:35 am

We had a kid start doing jumping jacks in between sections (not during the break). He must've finished a section because he got up and just started going. Everyone was like "wtf". Proctors shut that down real quick.

Also, there was a kid in line while we checked in talking to himself saying shit like "I am so smart. I am going to destroy this test. I am the best". I wish I was joking.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tskela

Bronze

Post by tskela » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 am

theboringest wrote:We had a kid start doing jumping jacks in between sections (not during the break). He must've finished a section because he got up and just started going. Everyone was like "wtf". Proctors shut that down real quick.

Also, there was a kid in line while we checked in talking to himself saying shit like "I am so smart. I am going to destroy this test. I am the best". I wish I was joking.
my internal monologue :lol:

theboringest

Bronze

Post by theboringest » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:42 am

tskela wrote:
theboringest wrote:We had a kid start doing jumping jacks in between sections (not during the break). He must've finished a section because he got up and just started going. Everyone was like "wtf". Proctors shut that down real quick.

my internal monologue :lol:
Oh hell yeah me too, but man keep it in your head lol.

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:32 am

lillawyer2 wrote:Did anyone see test takers being turned away for admission ticket photos violating the rules?
There was one woman at my test center that showed up with a full body photo. They told her they couldn't let her in since that violated the rules (though there were plenty of people that also had photos that were questionable. Admittedly, hers was the worst), and she started arguing with the proctor! She broke out in tears and told the proctor that this was an important tests she must take and that she was being so rude for not admitting her since it was clearly her, so what's the problem. The proctor just turned and told her, "Don't you want to go to law school? Shouldn't you be able to follow some simple rules? This isn't my fault." Couldn't have said it better myself.

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Not sure how common this is, but my TC had a full security team, like a group of older jacked guys walking around, handling the pre/post test stuff.

During the break there were these 2 people chatting in the corner and we had this weirdo woman as a proctor who over emphasized every instruction. Anyway, she walks up to these 2 people and was like to the guy "oh I see you rubbing your eyes, do you have allergies this time of the year too!" and the guys friend/girlfriend goes "no he is CRYING" then this proctor just weirdly looks back at the guy and smiles and starts nodding.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Post by calpolisci2016 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 pm

LSRAT wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:Did anyone see test takers being turned away for admission ticket photos violating the rules?
There was one woman at my test center that showed up with a full body photo. They told her they couldn't let her in since that violated the rules (though there were plenty of people that also had photos that were questionable. Admittedly, hers was the worst), and she started arguing with the proctor! She broke out in tears and told the proctor that this was an important tests she must take and that she was being so rude for not admitting her since it was clearly her, so what's the problem. The proctor just turned and told her, "Don't you want to go to law school? Shouldn't you be able to follow some simple rules? This isn't my fault." Couldn't have said it better myself.
That just gave me a massive justice boner. :!:

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:29 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
LSRAT wrote:
That just gave me a massive justice boner. :!:
lol

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:32 pm

LSRAT wrote:
Exactly, LSAC made it very clear what was and was not an acceptable photo. I was shocked at the amount of photos that violated the rules.

Its based on a poor assertion, but I got a gut feeling that many of these test takers really don't give a shit about their future careers.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Am I alone in thinking stories about people having slightly not-in-compliance-with-LSAC-standards photos are kind of boring? Like, congrats on following a rather pointless regulation of another regulation, and it's great we can pat ourselves on the back for it, but it's kind of sad if those are the most interesting stories people have.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:53 pm

I thought no water during test is likely unnecessary.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Am I alone in thinking stories about people having slightly not-in-compliance-with-LSAC-standards photos are kind of boring? Like, congrats on following a rather pointless regulation of another regulation, and it's great we can pat ourselves on the back for it, but it's kind of sad if those are the most interesting stories people have.

if its boring, share some stories. there is a max of around four post on it out of over a hundred. Don't be so pressed. It isnt a pointless regulation of another regulation, if not following said regulation of another regulation can get you turned away at testing site, but w.e.

As u requested here's another story, girl in my testing center made it through 2-3 check ins with cellphone in hand. She got stopped at the elevator and turned away, asked to leave. She had a bitch fit and cried a river of tears. It was embarrasing and I felt bad, but the rules are clearly stated.

Me and another person were talkin shit before the test about ppl who don't follow the rules, and how our testing site of about 100 people slowly dwindled. I mean its bitter sweet, and that sam person got turned away bc they didn't follow admission protocol. I just found this out from a person I talk to who was in their last check-in line.

Oh people were sniffing tigers blood, i'm like cool...never heard of that trick.

I have no more stories, I mean there isnt much that went wrong thank God.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:22 pm

appind wrote:I thought no water during test is likely unnecessary.

Yea, I got scolded for that. I could have sworn it. was allowed a few years ago, right?

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Mr. Meeseeks wrote:"On my PT I scored a 138 but I'm not hungover this time so I'm thinking 170+"

I wish my life worked like that...
OMG, I don't think I could have contained my rage lmao

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:52 pm

proteinshake wrote:people kept using the bathroom during the section and I know not that many people can finish a section in 25 minutes.
I couldn't help but notice that the guy I sat next to stopped working each section about 10 mins in

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:58 pm

A girl said that on the June test she had just started breastfeeding her child and that her nips started leaking during the test but the proctors wouldn't let her use her breast pads because they weren't on the list of things you were allowed to have on test day. She figured they fell under the "feminine hygiene products" category, which you would really think they would.

Said she walked out that test soaked in breastmilk.

Solid excuse to retake, methinks.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Had at least 10 people all wander in after 830, either alone or in groups of 2. Didnt even get finished with the directions until after 9 because of it.

One girl asked during the break "Are you going to tell us which section was the experimental after the test?" :roll:

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Post by kindofcanuck » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Overseen, rather than overheard: the sheer number of people jumping up and down, shaking arms about, whirling shoulders, as if getting ready for secret section 7: Physical combat with the proctor.

Or possibly they were already decided for Hillcrest Road, and getting ready to argue to the boss of a construction company that he should do something stupid ;)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Post by calpolisci2016 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Am I alone in thinking stories about people having slightly not-in-compliance-with-LSAC-standards photos are kind of boring? Like, congrats on following a rather pointless regulation of another regulation, and it's great we can pat ourselves on the back for it, but it's kind of sad if those are the most interesting stories people have.
Maybe. I think you miss the point of these stories and how they're usually followed by a subject who feels entitled to still being able to take the test despite failing to follow instructions. It's especially amusing because these people are aspiring lawyers, where, you know, lawyers have to precisely read documents.

tskela

Bronze

Post by tskela » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:22 pm

The non-compliance stories are hella dumb.

Like, in real life, generally the severity of consequences matches the severity of the mistake. IMO neglecting to read rules buried deep on the LSAC site does not = say, having to put off law school for a year because you weren't allowed to take the September LSAT. the punishment doesn't befit the crime. that's a year of someone's life we're laughing about here.

not that i'm saying the proctors should have ignored the rules, i just don't think stories of people being kicked out are funny at all and i don't get any satisfaction from them. i think the rules are unnecessarily stringent (specifically the one where you can't change your uploaded photo after the change date, even though they don't notify you of the change date; at least, i checked my inbox and spam folder and i was never notified)

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:32 pm

tskela wrote:The non-compliance stories are hella dumb.

Like, in real life, generally the severity of consequences matches the severity of the mistake. IMO neglecting to read rules buried deep on the LSAC site does not = say, having to put off law school for a year because you weren't allowed to take the September LSAT. the punishment doesn't befit the crime. that's a year of someone's life we're laughing about here.

not that i'm saying the proctors should have ignored the rules, i just don't think stories of people being kicked out are funny at all and i don't get any satisfaction from them. i think the rules are unnecessarily stringent (specifically the one where you can't change your uploaded photo after the change date, even though they don't notify you of the change date; at least, i checked my inbox and spam folder and i was never notified)
To be fair, that's an extra year in which they could decide not to attend law school. Lucky bastards.

tskela

Bronze

Post by tskela » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
tskela wrote:The non-compliance stories are hella dumb.

To be fair, that's an extra year in which they could decide not to attend law school. Lucky bastards.
I read the photo guidelines and still somehow missed the part about needing to have a solid background. Interpreted "plain" as just "not distracting and not obscuring identity" rather than "solid-color" for some reason. And yet I've been prepping for the test for 6 months; like living eating breathing LSAT. It's my second take and I already took a year off. I probably would have burst into tears had I not been allowed to test and to think there are people who would get a "justice boner" over that kinda thing...:roll: as though someone's immediate future getting derailed over administrative guidelines is funny and/or satisfying

/end rant

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”