Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Sloth Hero wrote:
gggrra wrote:
Sloth Hero wrote:I like this thread.

It reminds you that the average law school applicant is less ambitious than the average TLS user. It's obvious, but sometimes you got lost in all the threads about scoring 175+ and you get a warped view of who else is applying.

On a side note, there should be some secret clothing item that TLS users wear when they take the LSAT -- such as a certain color shirt or something, or maybe something subtler, so we could identify each other.

It could get silly.
wearing your shirt inside-out
That might be weird for me -- I'll start doing all my prep with my shirt inside out to prepare.

Or wear really deep V-necks.

Or, we could just not wear shirts.
I'm gonna wear a shirt that says "I can LSAT all night" that I got from Manhattan LSAT for doing an experimental lesson.

gggrra

New

Post by gggrra » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:57 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Sloth Hero wrote:
gggrra wrote:
Sloth Hero wrote:I like this thread.

It reminds you that the average law school applicant is less ambitious than the average TLS user. It's obvious, but sometimes you got lost in all the threads about scoring 175+ and you get a warped view of who else is applying.

On a side note, there should be some secret clothing item that TLS users wear when they take the LSAT -- such as a certain color shirt or something, or maybe something subtler, so we could identify each other.

It could get silly.
wearing your shirt inside-out
That might be weird for me -- I'll start doing all my prep with my shirt inside out to prepare.

Or wear really deep V-necks.

Or, we could just not wear shirts.
I'm gonna wear a shirt that says "I can LSAT all night" that I got from Manhattan LSAT for doing an experimental lesson.
I want

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:42 am

gggrra wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote: I'm gonna wear a shirt that says "I can LSAT all night" that I got from Manhattan LSAT for doing an experimental lesson.
I want
I can't find it on their site, it was just sent to me :cry:

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 am

longdaysjourney wrote:
That's so funny. Why would you retake the same course thinking you'd do better?
The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.

EMAW12

New

Post by EMAW12 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Took a Kaplan course with about five others. I was pretty active in class and answered most of the questions the instructor asked us about. Anyways one of the other guys in my class was all "Man, I bet you're doing pretty good on these practice tests," to which I replied "I'm doing alright, hopefully I improve on them though." He said "Yeah, by the sound of it, I bet your somewhere in the 150s."

At first I was pretty insulted, then I realized he was trying to pay me a compliment.
:|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:37 pm

kaftka juice wrote:I saw a few posts in the Oct. LSAT reactions thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread. What were the most amusing things you overheard other LSAT takers say?

Girl 1: "I studied for, like, and hour a day for, like, two whole weeks!"
Girl 2: "Whoa."
Don't make fun. I studied for, like, 3 hours a day for, like, 3 weeks. And got a 176.
Was I ignorant and stupid to do that? Yes. Did it work anyway? Yes. Do I recommend it? No.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:07 pm

lawgod wrote:
kaftka juice wrote:I saw a few posts in the Oct. LSAT reactions thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread. What were the most amusing things you overheard other LSAT takers say?

Don't make fun. I studied for, like, 3 hours a day for, like, 3 weeks. And got a 176.
Was I ignorant and stupid to do that? Yes. Did it work anyway? Yes. Do I recommend it? No.
You studied for over 3x how long she did...I don't think this is comparable. And, as you said, it's still ignorant and stupid regardless of the end score. Hence, why we're making fun. Good try though.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
lawgod wrote:

You studied for over 3x how long she did...I don't think this is comparable. And, as you said, it's still ignorant and stupid regardless of the end score. Hence, why we're making fun. Good try though.
Couldn't have said it better myself Crumps. *Tip of the hat* I think someone just wanted to be "That guy". "Oooh I hardly studied and got a bomb ass score of 17x. I wouldn't recommend it for others though, as that is highly unusual..." :lol:

Bashy

Bronze

Post by Bashy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Eichörnchen wrote: Couldn't have said it better myself Crumps. *Tip of the hat* I think someone just wanted to be "That guy". "Oooh I hardly studied and got a bomb ass score of 17x. I wouldn't recommend it for others though, as that is highly unusual..." :lol:
Probably a FORMIDABLE OPPONENT.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Bashy wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote: Couldn't have said it better myself Crumps. *Tip of the hat* I think someone just wanted to be "That guy". "Oooh I hardly studied and got a bomb ass score of 17x. I wouldn't recommend it for others though, as that is highly unusual..." :lol:
Probably a FORMIDABLE OPPONENT.
Essentially, yes.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Oh yeah... it would have to be Cornell. :D

Andy has totally ruined Cornell for me.... no joke.[/quote]

haha, i would agree with this........I would totally go in a minute, but whenever I think Cornell, I think Andy Bernard

qbt1990

New

Post by qbt1990 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:39 am

Bumping this gem of a thread for Oct 1!! Good luck everyone!

SarahKerrigan

Bronze

Post by SarahKerrigan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:06 am

I have only read the first few pages so far, but its pretty funny. I find it kind of crazy that people are so uniformed and don't study for the LSAT. It's not just the people who have a 2.0 and you expect them to not really care much, its the people who have 3.5-4.0's. You would think that these people are dedicated enough to at least put in a few months study for the LSAT. Like when i first decided i wanted to go to law school i started researching stuff like crazy. I like to learn the in's and out's of anything before i do it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:20 am

Taking section 3, and a cell phone rings.

Girl: "Hello? Oh...yeah...ok, hold on!" (quickly covers the phone speaker)

Girl (to Proctor): "Um...do you mind if I take this call? It's my friend Anastasia from New York; I have to find out how her test went."

Examinees: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Proctor is so stunned she stands there with her mouth open without saying a word. The examinees sit in shock as well.

Proctor (After she realizes it isn't a joke): "Uh...sure, ya...just take it outside. Oh! And leave your materials HERE, and don't bother coming back, ok?" :D

Girl: "Oh...well...ok! Are you sure?"

Proctor: :roll:

Girl: "I'm so excited!"

Girl (to her firend as she gathers her belongings to walk out): "Ok, so go ahead. No, the proctor was kinda interrupting me, girl. She is...so rude! (farts on the way out, lol.)

Girl: "So ok ok, go ahead."

Note: Think Hillary Banks from The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire

Proctor gives the examinees 2-3 minutes back on the clock.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:39 am

Oh, here's another one.

Sitting at the mall Starbucks studying for the LSAT and a guy looks over at my books.

Guy: "Hey, I took the LSAT."

Me: "Oh, really? How'd it go? Are you in law school now"

Guy: "Dude! I took it, and I wasn't sure how I did so I cancelled it. I got my score in the mail, and it was a 175, and I went, oh...man...I was so upset with myself. I got a 1-7-5 and I cancelled it man!"

Me (knowing that a cancelled test isn't "scored" because it isn't part of the curve): :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guy: "I know man. And I was going to apply to Harvard dude, but now I have to take the test again. So are you taking an LSAT course or just studying on your own, dude?"

Me: "I'm studying on my own. If you're disciplined, you don't need a course. But you already know this, right?" (chuckle)

Guy: "Yeah, I still want to take a course, 'cause I'm probably rusty now. I'm shooting for 180. Is Kaplan any good?"

Me (lying to the guy): "Kaplan is the best out there, and you should get enrolled soon. Be sure to tell them about the 175 that you cancelled so they will know how advanced you are. :lol: Be sure not to take any practice exams no matter what they tell you. It will just drain all of your skills."

Guy: "Duuuude! Man, I'm so glad I met you."

:lol: I am NOT making this up. I couldn't stop laughing for about 20 minutes. I want to see that guy again :lol:

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

PDaddy wrote:Me (lying to the guy): "Kaplan is the best out there, and you should get enrolled soon. Be sure to tell them about the 175 that you cancelled so they will know how advanced you are. :lol: Be sure not to take any practice exams no matter what they tell you. It will just drain all of your skills."
Dude, this is a legit asshole move. It's one thing to say nothing and let people continue their delusional ideas of what good studying is like, it's another to deliberately feed them misinformation that will cost them (at the very least) 1000+ dollars and possibly a shot at the T14. :|

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Me (knowing that a cancelled test isn't "scored" because it isn't part of the curve):
The LSAT "curve" is put together before the test is taken. The cancel has no impact on the curve for that test.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
PDaddy wrote:Me (lying to the guy): "Kaplan is the best out there, and you should get enrolled soon. Be sure to tell them about the 175 that you cancelled so they will know how advanced you are. :lol: Be sure not to take any practice exams no matter what they tell you. It will just drain all of your skills."
Dude, this is a legit asshole move. It's one thing to say nothing and let people continue their delusional ideas of what good studying is like, it's another to deliberately feed them misinformation that will cost them (at the very least) 1000+ dollars and possibly a shot at the T14. :|
+1. Dude that's pretty shitty

Icculus

Silver

Post by Icculus » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:07 pm

I have a feeling PDaddy is making those stories up.

Bumped for the October crowd.

Redzo

Bronze

Post by Redzo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:25 pm

This epic thread originated after last year's October LSAT. I remember it well. I can't wait to see some legit new stories.

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:36 pm

sorry no new stories from me, i was talking to a couple people though about the Yankees game and accidentally referred to the Yankees guys as gays "the Yankees didn't use their best gays against the rays" although the Yankees are gay so it w.e
Also i mentioned that i used an adhesive to glue my picture to my ticket stub that i had used to put a safe back together because that's all i had, and i commented on the fact that my picture was black and white and that its not against the rules, to which some one joking replied "dude that's clearly not you your not black and white" lol i aim to entertain :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ggibelli

Bronze

Post by ggibelli » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:42 pm

nothing too funny happened at mine. other than three of the fifteen in the room i was taking it in were turned away because their pictures weren't correct. the dude in line in front of me had a facebook profile pic.. it was pretty sad

DanInALionsDen

Bronze

Post by DanInALionsDen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:45 pm

PDaddy wrote:Oh, here's another one.

Sitting at the mall Starbucks studying for the LSAT and a guy looks over at my books.

Guy: "Hey, I took the LSAT."

Me: "Oh, really? How'd it go? Are you in law school now"

Guy: "Dude! I took it, and I wasn't sure how I did so I cancelled it. I got my score in the mail, and it was a 175, and I went, oh...man...I was so upset with myself. I got a 1-7-5 and I cancelled it man!"

Me (knowing that a cancelled test isn't "scored" because it isn't part of the curve): :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guy: "I know man. And I was going to apply to Harvard dude, but now I have to take the test again. So are you taking an LSAT course or just studying on your own, dude?"

Me: "I'm studying on my own. If you're disciplined, you don't need a course. But you already know this, right?" (chuckle)

Guy: "Yeah, I still want to take a course, 'cause I'm probably rusty now. I'm shooting for 180. Is Kaplan any good?"

Me (lying to the guy): "Kaplan is the best out there, and you should get enrolled soon. Be sure to tell them about the 175 that you cancelled so they will know how advanced you are. :lol: Be sure not to take any practice exams no matter what they tell you. It will just drain all of your skills."

Guy: "Duuuude! Man, I'm so glad I met you."

:lol: I am NOT making this up. I couldn't stop laughing for about 20 minutes. I want to see that guy again :lol:
This is probably made up, but if it's true, you're a douche.

keladry

New

Post by keladry » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:Overheard during the break...

Girl 1: "Oh....my...GOOOODDD. I didn't know youuuuu were taking the LSAT?!?!?!?"
Girl 2: "Oh my God, girl. We are so hot right now. We're like hot lawyers"
Girl 1: "Oh I know...I think about that all the time."
Girl 2: "So how did the first half go?"
Girl 1: "I don't know..did you study."
Girl 2: "Pssstt....no, that's gay."
Girl 1: "I know, right???"

...only at the University of Kentucky
...Or the University of Louisville.

Guy 1: Did you study?
Guy 2: No, that's dumb, it's not like a test for school where you have to memorize stuff.
Guy 1: ...Did you at least like, take a practice test or look over the kinds of questions they ask?
Guy 2: Yeah, like, back in September. When I realized it wasn't like, memorizing sh*t, I figured I was good to go get a beer.
Girl, passing by: Oh my God, we're going for beer? Awesome!

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:59 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
+1. Dude that's pretty shitty
lol at y'all for thinking PDaddy's a shitty asshole

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”