Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Paraflam

Bronze

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by Paraflam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm

You kinda had to be there.. but the proctor had finished handing out all the test booklets, we signed the certifying statement and everything, and were about to start section 1, and all of a sudden a dude barges in the door 30 minutes late looking all flustered. We all look at him like he's a moron, the proctor doesn't acknowledge his presence, and he walks up to the podium where the proctor is and whispers in the dead silence "excuse me... is this the LSAT?" Everybody lost their shit

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Hmm, I yelled at my proctor if that counts. She was talking to the other proctor loudly in the middle of a section. I snapped
Other then that generalized stupidity...One guy said "I hope I don't get two logic games" I said "You realize only one would count right? The other would have to be the experimental" He said "no the experimental can be any section"...
One kid had to use the proctors phone after the test to call his mom and find out his SSN :lol:

It's refreshing taking the LSAT, after hanging on TLS so much you're so over-exposed to the +90th percentile that when you go to the real test you realize where all the 140's have been.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:49 pm

SnapSnapSnap wrote:-Normal smalltalk with people in my group before the test. This middle-aged lady asks if it's my first time taking the LSAT, I say yes and ask her the same. She says it's her 5th time, and she really hopes it goes better this time. I ask if she's taken a prep class or done anything differently this time around to get the score she wants. She says, "Nah, you'll see once we start, there's no way to study for this test. It's just logic. It's either you think that way, or you don't. You'll see." [Did you notice she assumed I'd never seen the material before? Classic.] I couldn't help myself, I said it as nicely as I could, but I had to ask, "So, if you 'either think that way or you don't', and you've already taken it four times, um, you know, do you think maybe... you... just... don't... think that way?" Confused stare.

-At the end of section 4, proctor announces, "Look, we know someone in here has a phone, or some type of electronic. We've been hearing it vibrate since we returned from the break." Everyone is totally confused, no one has heard anything. The group (about 50 ppl) is unanimous that we haven't heard anything, but the proctors insist they've been hearing a vibrating noise. The main one says, "We know someone has an electronic in here, so to that person, you have two choices. Either just cancel your score and leave right now, or EVERYONE IN THE ROOM is going to get their score reported with an irregularity that they were suspected of having an electronic device inside the test room." That's when shit hit the fan. It was like Lord of the Flies. A handful of girls started crying, guys starting screaming & cussing at the proctors, it was chaos. One guy makes himself coherent above the other shouting, and yells, "We don't know each other! We're seated alphabetically, we're not friends! No one in here is going to cover up for anyone else. If anyone in here had a device, we'd throw them under the bus so fucking fast--" He started getting up out of his seat like he was going to punch someone, so the proctors told him to sit down and for everyone to wait while one went outside and called LSAC to ask them what to do. They come back and say that LSAC told them to resume the test, but walk around the room through the last section to see if they can locate the so-called device and then remove that person. I happened to be in the back row so I alone knew when they discovered the cause of the "vibrating". It was the fucking air conditioning vent turning on and off. Needless to say, they did not make an announcement of their findings.

-One more: Last year, picking up a friend who took the test at University of La Verne School of Law (provisionally-accredited shithole in a residential neighborhood in SoCal), waiting outside & overheard some 3Ls:
Guy 1: Man, I remember the LSAT, that shit sucked. My goal was 155, I was getting low 150s on every practice test. Then test day came, and bam, 147.
Guy 2: Yeah, that sucks, but you got into law school, so whatever, right?
Guy 1: Yeah, barely!
Guy 2: Well it doesn't really matter anyway. All these fuckin' idiots, spending all this fuckin' money to go to UCLA, USC, Berkeley, are so retarded. Next year, I'm gonna have the exact same degree, know the exact same stuff, pass the exact same bar exam, have the exact same license as they do, for way cheaper. (scoffs) What a fuckin' waste of money.
Guy 1: (scoffs in agreement) I know, man. Joke's on them.

Fo rllz.
Best update to this thread in a long time

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote: It's refreshing taking the LSAT, after hanging on TLS so much you're so over-exposed to the +90th percentile that when you go to the real test you realize where all the 140's have been.

Yes, this +9001

honeycomb

New

Post by honeycomb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote: It's refreshing taking the LSAT, after hanging on TLS so much you're so over-exposed to the +90th percentile that when you go to the real test you realize where all the 140's have been.

Yes, this +9001

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gerrand

New

Post by gerrand » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Not overheard but....

Section FIVE ends and proctor says put your pencils down. Guy keeps bubbling away for a good minute. A proctor finally sees him and kicks him out. Looks like the guy didnt even hear time was up because he wasn't even trying to be discreet. Poor guy, spends four hours on LSAT, didn't even get to write the writing sample!!!!!

Wily

Bronze

Post by Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 pm

gerrand wrote:Not overheard but....

Section FIVE ends and proctor says put your pencils down. Guy keeps bubbling away for a good minute. A proctor finally sees him and kicks him out. Looks like the guy didnt even hear time was up because he wasn't even trying to be discreet. Poor guy, spends four hours on LSAT, didn't even get to write the writing sample!!!!!
Not being able to write the writing sample is the least of his worries.... A test misconduct flag is going to be put on his LSAC account, and that's probably about as a bad as a minor felony conviction for his chances at law school.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Wily wrote:

Not being able to write the writing sample is the least of his worries.... A test misconduct flag is going to be put on his LSAC account, and that's probably about as a bad as a minor felony conviction for his chances at law school.
Well, there's always Tulane.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 am

StarLightSpectre wrote:

Yes, this +9001
It's over 9000!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 am

I look forward to this thread after every LSAT. These are all amazing.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 am

A lady showed up to my test center to let the proctors know that her son would be late and if they could do something about the start of the test so he wouldn't miss it because it totally wasn't his fault that he was going to be late. They didn't care.

In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

Also after the test, I went to the metro to catch my train back home and there was a girl sitting in there sobbing, like sobbing, on another girl's shoulder.

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 am

Some girl sported her 155 and was toiling about whether or not to continue with Kaplan before the test (I guess she would have some deal available to her if a retake was in her future). She said she wasn't going to get back to Kaplan until she received her score because she didn't want to "jinx" it. I was so tempted to say "honey, I think you already did."

MeSoLitigious

New

Post by MeSoLitigious » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 am

A guy (who seemed genuinely nice) took the test with me yesterday and knew NOTHING about the exam. No prep class, not even a prep BOOK. Had no clue what would be on the test, or how many sections there were, didn't know there was an experimental section. Nada. Just cold, out of the blue. :shock: Bless his heart. Maybe he is a genius and will rock out on the test, but a little googling at least could have benefited him tremendously. Bless his heart.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 am

MeSoLitigious wrote:A guy (who seemed genuinely nice) took the test with me yesterday and knew NOTHING about the exam. No prep class, not even a prep BOOK. Had no clue what would be on the test, or how many sections there were, didn't know there was an experimental section. Nada. Just cold, out of the blue. :shock: Bless his heart. Maybe he is a genius and will rock out on the test, but a little googling at least could have benefited him tremendously. Bless his heart.
Where my mom's from, saying "bless his heart" more than once in a statement is the same as saying "what an idiot" in city-talk.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:25 am

Also oh at the girl who was PTing in the 150s but felt sure she could pull a 170+ for test day. I almost felt sorry for her.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 am

danitt wrote: Also after the test, I went to the metro to catch my train back home and there was a girl sitting in there sobbing, like sobbing, on another girl's shoulder.
Did you take it at Northwestern by any chance?

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:02 am

Wish I would have seen this thread right after my LSAT too. I know there were other 120s that stuck out like a sore thumb, but the best one was a guy in his earlyish 30s who took the first section and then about 4 minutes of section 2 before getting up, taking his test to the proctor and saying "man this law school is too tough for me, I'm going to try a different school."

For what it's worth, our testing center was a small private university without a law school.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 am

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Wish I would have seen this thread right after my LSAT too. I know there were other 120s that stuck out like a sore thumb, but the best one was a guy in his earlyish 30s who took the first section and then about 4 minutes of section 2 before getting up, taking his test to the proctor and saying "man this law school is too tough for me, I'm going to try a different school."

For what it's worth, our testing center was a small private university without a law school.
This might be the funniest thing I have ever heard.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:21 am

Paraflam wrote:
danitt wrote: Also after the test, I went to the metro to catch my train back home and there was a girl sitting in there sobbing, like sobbing, on another girl's shoulder.
Did you take it at Northwestern by any chance?
No, I took mine at UDC.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 am

danitt wrote:A lady showed up to my test center to let the proctors know that her son would be late and if they could do something about the start of the test so he wouldn't miss it because it totally wasn't his fault that he was going to be late. They didn't care.

In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.

Also after the test, I went to the metro to catch my train back home and there was a girl sitting in there sobbing, like sobbing, on another girl's shoulder.
The girl in front of me did the same thing, going back to section 4 during section 5. And she bragged to me about not studying, and not even taking off of work that morning. But you said "metro" so I assume you're not in NYC? I wonder how many people cheat like that and get away with it. Though they're robbing Peter to pay Paul....

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:30 pm

danitt wrote:A lady showed up to my test center to let the proctors know that her son would be late and if they could do something about the start of the test so he wouldn't miss it because it totally wasn't his fault that he was going to be late. They didn't care.
lol automatic 180

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
Wily wrote:

:?:

oaken

Bronze

Post by oaken » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:38 pm

RedBirds2011 wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
Wily wrote:

:?:
There's a convicted murderer in Tulane's current class. Just finished his 2L year I think?

qwertabc

New

Post by qwertabc » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 pm

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... ane_l.html

Not as good as the others but someone at my test center had to hide their cell phone in a bush outside since they were dropped off.

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 pm

danitt wrote:In my test, the girl next to me totally cheated. Went back and finished section IV when we started section V.
I did this during my test. I don't think it's cheating because i do my own work without any external aid. Why shouldn't i be able to benefit from the time i save by performing strongly on any given section? Sorry, but i had about 3 minutes left after one of my LG sections and i used it to answer 2 questions from the previous LR section. After 35 mins of each section, my pencil was on the desk; i only used the spare time i earned by performing better on one section relative to another. Technically it's against the rules. Guess i bent them :|

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”